Didi Richards

89,856 Views | 323 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BUatbirth
slimecap
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Jan 16, 2019 @ Kansas

"It took Baylor's DiDi Richards less than three minutes to surpass her scoring average.

As has been the case in the past couple of games, Richards' defender showed little respect for her game, helping off Richards to double-team on the Baylor frontcourt stars Kalani Brown and Lauren Cox. Kim Mulkey has been asked about that trend a couple of times in the past few weeks, but the Baylor head coach continued to say that she wasn't worried about it.

After Richards rocketed out to 10 points in less than five minutes off a perfect 5-for-5 shooting from the floor, it became clear to everyone else why Mulkey wasn't concerned. Richards finished with a career-high 14 points to help spark No. 2 Baylor to a 94-68 win over Kansas at Allen Fieldhouse on Wednesday night.

"That was fun," Richards said during a postgame radio interview. "You know, they tend to sag off and use my person to double team (on defense). All practice long the past couple days, they've been saying, 'DiDi, cut. You know you can get to basket. Get there before the ball's in your hands.' That's what I was doing."

Link to read the entire article
https://www.wacotrib.com/sports/baylor/lady_bears_basketball/jumping-through-hoops-no-lady-bears-use-blistering-first-quarter/article_a2fc2afa-7d2f-50de-9665-deebd9289c88.html
skilledup
https://baylorbears.com/news/2019/1/18/womens-basketball-her-calling-card-is-defense.aspx?path=wbball
Edmond Bear

Didi Richards has become one of my favorites of Mulkey's players. I love her intensity and aggressiveness. Oh, and that hair!
Bone Squad
Don't forget her shorts!
Edmond Bear
Bone Squad said:

Don't forget her shorts!

Yeah, they look like diapers.
Scottdye
They can look like diapers for all we care.. SHE IS AMAZING.

She is 1 of my many favorites. Such a great role model for the younger generation.

Best Defensive player in the BIG XII
slimecap
Edmond Bear said:

Didi Richards ... I love her intensity and aggressiveness. Oh, and that hair!

Wichitabear
Adorable
slimecap

slimecap

Scottdye
Every time I watch BU Lady Bears, I know 1 thing for sure. DIDI will bring her passion and fight. She will be a force to be faced if she continues on this path.

Still 1 of my favorites. What a special young lady.
slimecap

#2 DiDi Richards vs Texas Tech
slimecap

slimecap

slimecap

Right DiDi Richards
BUVA
Scottdye said:

They can look like diapers for all we care.. SHE IS AMAZING.

She is 1 of my many favorites. Such a great role model for the younger generation.

Best Defensive player in the BIG XII

I'm predicting Didi will be Defensive POY in Big 12.
DFW Bill

Lauren Cox will be the Defensive Player of the Year this season.

DiDi will be second, both are great defenders.
DFW Bill
Both DiDi and Lauren are ballers, they can flat out play the game
setshot
Didi and Lauren are two outstanding defenders. Landrum and Jackson do a very nice job, as well. Kalani is a bit limited when they draw her out to the arc, but when she is in the paint she is very intimidating. This is a great defensive team, and the three substitutes who come in off the bench are well along the way to being very fine defenders as well.

Moon Ursin is normally extremely active and even disruptive at the defensive end, and both NaLyssa and Queen are advanced for first year players. Defense requires more of a mental adjustment/readjustment than offense, and is hard work. It takes awhile for young players to buy into that and begin to engage in the process properly, but this is a talented group and they will in time become adept at it. Just watching the older players get after it is a good learning experience...they know that they will not get many minutes for this team if they are not committed to that end of the floor. It is the Baylor Method at work.
slimecap

Defensive effort of DiDi Richards

Feb 13, 2019
slimecap

Feb 16, 2019
slimecap

slimecap

EatMoreSalmon
Didi has too much fun to be that mean on defense! How does she do it?
slimecap
EatMoreSalmon said:

Didi has too much fun to be that mean on defense! How does she do it?

Works hard, plays hard ... a winning combination
slimecap

Feb 23, 2019
slimecap

slimecap

Scottdye
What a special young lady. So happy she is a Baylor Bear.
slimecap

slimecap

March 18, 2019
ftblbob5
In all my years of watching the Lady Bears, Didi Richards is my favorite defender. She gets through almost every screen, makes the opponent adjust almost every shot, rebounds very well and does a great job of drawing offensive fouls ( she must have played soccer at some time to acquire those dramatic skills).
2022 Adopt A Bear: Jackie Marshall - 6'3",281, R-Fr, East St. John HS, LaPlace, LA

Respect the game.
slimecap

March 25, 2019
keysjaws
And to think we have two more years to watch her.....what a baller!!! Can't wait to watch her in the Sweet 16!
uglytobone
Interesting post by skilledup on Volnation board

skilledup:

Don't be surprised to see DeCosta leap frog moon. A healthy Aquira is going to be trouble. Also I won't be surprised if she moved Richards over to the point. She had her run it yesterday and in practice I've seen her do it a lot lately.

Last week the first team beat the second team by 17 points and then Mulkey put Richards at the point for the second team while adding Aquira to the first team. Honesty played the 2 where she is better suited while Richards was at the point, and the second team lost by 1. Queen had a chance to win the game but missed both free throws with one second on the clock.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.