Didi Richards

89,847 Views | 323 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BUatbirth
bubbadog
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Saddle Up! said:

bubbadog said:

skilledup said:

Yes it is. Spoke with 2 of the trainers tonight. Last game at halftime and before this game she had shots. They said it was popped back in place at halftime of last game.
It looked like that's what she landed on when she took a tumble driving to the basket late in the game. I was actually kind of surprised to see that she could come back in.

Is that something that will just keep nagging and reoccurring unless it's surgically repaired?
I don't know. Hope not.
"Free your ass and your mind will follow." -- George Clinton
HoustonBear15
Saddle Up! said:

bubbadog said:

skilledup said:

Yes it is. Spoke with 2 of the trainers tonight. Last game at halftime and before this game she had shots. They said it was popped back in place at halftime of last game.
It looked like that's what she landed on when she took a tumble driving to the basket late in the game. I was actually kind of surprised to see that she could come back in.

Is that something that will just keep nagging and reoccurring unless it's surgically repaired?
It looked like she tweaked her knee on that play, not her hip.
CavalryRoadie
It appeared to me DiDi was a bit gimpy as she walked off the stage after the post-game presser. Still smiling, though.
BuinmyBlood
On replay, it looked like she just banged her kneecap on the ND player's leg.
slimecap

skilledup
HoustonBear15 said:

Saddle Up! said:

bubbadog said:

skilledup said:

Definitely the hip again. Just interviewed her and a few other lady bears. Great group of kids. Richards was picked for the 3 on 3 but may not make it due to the hip. I also spoke with Cox and her mother, they are beyond excited with the news of her having to just sit out a few weeks. You all should be proud of these kids.
HoustonBear15
skilledup said:

HoustonBear15 said:

Saddle Up! said:

bubbadog said:

skilledup said:

Definitely the hip again. Just interviewed her and a few other lady bears. Great group of kids. Richards was picked for the 3 on 3 but may not make it due to the hip. I also spoke with Cox and her mother, they are beyond excited with the news of her having to just sit out a few weeks. You all should be proud of these kids.
Ahh hope her hip doesn't cause any major problems. I thought it was her knee because after she went down, she went to the sidelines and got her knee wrapped up for the rest of the game.
slimecap

slimecap
APRIL 16, 2019

Scottdye
So proud for her. What a great representative of BU Lady Bears and the University of Baylor.
slimecap

4th and Inches
Thats awesome!
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
Ashley Hodge
Staff
https://www.kcentv.com/video/sports/baylor-guard-didi-richards-co-anchors-sports-with-nick-canizales/500-d6f5b353-8489-458e-9a4f-b20778bbcc90

historian
Thanks for sharing! She certainly is entertaining.
slimecap

April 18, 2019
at the National Championship Parade

SIC 'EM DIDI !
historian
slimecap said:

April 18, 2019
at the National Championship Parade

SIC 'EM DIDI !

Another great photo. Very smart of you to take the photo at the right moment so that the sun did not interfere. I was not so clever.
slimecap

Didi's determination for the 50/50 ball. Love her spirit !
ladybears4eva
So I guess not 3 x 3 for Didi.
bubbadog
ladybears4eva said:

So I guess not 3 x 3 for Didi.
Do you have an update on her injury?
WacoKelly83
Didi, Juicy, Nalyssa and Egbo would be fun to watch.
BuinmyBlood

"Do you have an update on her injury?"

Good question if you're talking about the hip socket dislocation in the Oregon game. I'm assuming (and praying) you're not talking about anything new, right?
bubbadog
BuinmyBlood said:

Good question if you're talking about the hip socket dislocation in the Oregon game. I'm assuming (and praying) you're not talking about anything new, right?
Nothing new, just the hip. She appeared to aggravate it when she fell hard near the end of the ND game.

Skullcap had posted 2-3 weeks ago that she had been picked for 3-on-3 but might not be able to play because of the hip. So now it sounds definite.
WacoKelly83
bubbadog said:

BuinmyBlood said:

Nothing new, just the hip. She appeared to aggravate it when she fell hard near the end of the ND game.

Skullcap had posted 2-3 weeks ago that she had been picked for 3-on-3 but might not be able to play because of the hip. So now it sounds definite.

Skullcap?? Lol.
Wichitabear
She needs the rest. I don't want her to play 3 on 3.
Dcheetah
Decosta was mvp of winning 3v3 USA team at Worlds so she should probably be included somewhere.
bubbadog
WacoKelly83 said:

bubbadog said:

BuinmyBlood said:

Skullcap?? Lol.
When I was scrolling up, I must have seen "slimecap" and then "skilledup" and mentally merged them.

Or I could blame it on autocorrect. I think that will be my story.
bubbadog
Wichitabear said:

She needs the rest. I don't want her to play 3 on 3.
Agreed
BuinmyBlood
Never been a fan of any of these "all-star" games - in any sport, for as long as the athletes are still eligible AFTER the event they're playing in. Way too many football and basketball players getting often career-changing injuries in these games that aren't in the least bit meaningful for the most part...
slimecap
skilledup said:

Definitely the hip again. Just interviewed her ...
Richards was picked for the 3 on 3 but may not make it due to the hip.
The information was from skilledup.
slimecap

tenacious
slimecap

skilledup
This will be real scary when it's done.

historian
skilledup said:

This will be real scary when it's done.

"Iron sharpens iron..." Proverbs 27.17

Didi is already scary (to other teams) as a defender! I remember Coach Mulkey singling out her defense of Samuelson after the UConn as one of the reasons for Baylor's victory.

It is going to be so much fun watching the Lady Bears play this Fall!!
GarlandBear84
I hope it works. Isn't it extremely hard to change someone's shooting form after they've been playing for many years?
Eball
Hard not impossible a kid has to be willing. I think DiDi is... I think she and juicy are the options at PG unless we get a grad transfer and or Moon or HSG make a push. 4 days a week shooting and ball handling !

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.