Didi Richards

89,824 Views | 323 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BUatbirth
slimecap
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Wichitabear
Glad to see they are having fun. DiDi, please don't do anymore back flips! Lol kidding. But it did make me nervous.
Ashley Hodge
Staff
don't let Fozzie see the yacht
slimecap

slimecap

Dec 4, 2019 vs Georgia
slimecap

Dec 18, 2019 vs Arkansas State
slimecap

Wichitabear
Great pic.
historian
The girl is photogenic. I hope she succeeds in her goal as a model after Baylor.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
OsoCoreyell
That girl can ball. Straight up.
Mulder
Didi had a heck of a defense game against The Yankees.
An Objective Fan of The Former Baylor Lady Bears.
Yogi
mimi25408 said:

I love didi defense. She was awesome on Katie Lou. Sometimes i wish she would he more offensive too. Just to give us a little more edge when we get into a tight rotations.

I imagine that elbow is still hurting.
"Smarter than the Average Bear."
slimecap

@ Texas on Jan 31, 2020
16 points. 4-4 FT. 11 rebounds. 6 assists. 39 minutes.
Eball
On a really good and balanced team she maybe the most valuable player...
Mulder
Didi Richards, Egbo, and Cooper scored every basket in a decisive third stanza.

Didi is a modern day Melissa Jones. Whatever it takes to win.
historian
slimecap said:

@ Texas on Jan 31, 2020
16 points. 4-4 FT. 11 rebounds. 6 assists. 39 minutes.
Caption contest:

Didi: "Get out of my way!"
Texas player: "I had better get out of her way!"
Lauren: "Look at Didi go!"
Other Baylor players & Baylor fans: "Looks like Didi is going to make another bucket. Go Didi!"
Other Texas players & Texas fans: "Oh no! Didi is going to make another bucket!"
CavalryRoadie

What did Bohls ask Didi?
Wichitabear
I thought DiDi carried this game on her back for the win! She was remarkable!!!
historian
She almost always is.
slimecap

setshot
The work that Didi put in in the off season is beginning to show. She is deadly within fifteen feet of the basket,and in shoot arounds I have seen her move farther out on the floor and hit with regularity, so next year we may see even more offense from her and in the absence of Cox that would be most welcome.

Meantime, and I never thought that I would say this, in my opinion she has surpassed Odyssey Sims as the best defender I have seen at Baylor, and I have seen some outstanding ones. I am not sure that I have ever seen a better defender in the women's game. Her length, her wingspan, and her quickness and footwork are off the charts in effectiveness, and she understands then nuances of defending without fouling as well as anyone, man or woman, that I have ever seen.

She has improved her ability to use her wingspan to block shots without causing contact, and to get into the passing lane or to harass players who put the ball on the floor as well as anyone, and Odyssey was almost in a class by herself in some of those elements. Didi is a delight to watch at the defensive end of the floor. Like all the great defenders, she takes it personally when her opponent scores on her and they rarely score on her the same way twice.
GarlandBear84
Wow, I'm not ready to go there on surpassing Sims who to me was far more athletic, quick, and strong. I'm not even sure her foot quickness is above average, but that's the only thing I think holds her back on D.
blueeyedbear
GarlandBear84 said:

Wow, I'm not ready to go there on surpassing Sims who to me was far more athletic, quick, and strong. I'm not even sure her foot quickness is above average, but that's the only thing I think holds her back on D.
Sims got a lot of her steals on plays that now would draw a whistle. Muffat was furious when we played ND here and Sims had several steals against her saying that Sims basically mugged her. I cant say I disagree with her.
I have to respectfully disagree on Sims being more athletic, Foot speed yes Sims has the edge there but with that wingspan DiDi can compensate for that lack of footspeed and DiDi's vertical is much higher. Bottom line both are great on ball defenders and we have had the pleasure to watch them both - what a treat !!!
setshot
Didi can guard four positions on the floor and has done so with success. Odyssey could not do that. Didi is the best "help defender" on a team of multiple defenders who are very capable of that, and Odyssey's strength was as a one on one defender, usually an opposing point guard or an off guard. She did not often help off of her opponent, though she was capable of that. Didi is better at going over screens without fouling than Odyssey was, again though Odyssey was capable of it. Didi can go under the screener more effectively because of her length and wing span.

Odyssey's physicality on defense sometimes took her off the floor due to fouls, Didi rarely does that.. Finally, Didi has the capacity to block shots in a manner that Odyssey could not, and she manages to put space between herself and the offensive player to avoid fouls. Only Cox is superior to her in this regard.

Odyssey had to carry a heavy load at the offensive end that Didi is not expected to do, expending a great deal of energy in that task. Didi expends most of her energy at the defensive end of the floor, but is an excellent offensive rebounder, and when she is needed she has scored efficiently without demanding the ball or dominating it.

Different players but similar outcomes in their impact on a game.
NumberCruncher
I think DD is the most versatile defender Baylor has ever had. As Setshot says she can defend four different positions for all the reasons stated. But Sims was the most disruptive on ball defender Baylor has ever had. Most teams have a primary ball handler form which its offense initiates. In addition to her offensive responsibilities, Sims could harass another team's point guard better than any player I have ever seen in the women's game.
I recall when she picked up Skylar Diggins, a great player, full court in one of our games with ND. Diggins was so rattled that Muppet had to have someone else bring the ball up the court.
Comparing different time periods and how the game is called is like comparing Jordan and LaBron, each was great and rule changes cant be quantified.
Watching great players, is like judging nature, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. They are both great players and a privilege to watch.
I am pleased to see the development of DD's jump shot game. It has been the only thing lacking in her arsenal. If she continues to hit that shot consistently, the most universal offensive team the Bears have ever had will become even more dangerous and bodes well for the tournament.
slimecap

slimecap
Mulder
Happy Birthday to Didi.

Chibears2
Happy Birthday, DiDi! You have a great day girl!
Wichitabear
Love y'a DiDi!!!! Thank you always for being a Baylor Lady Bear.
slimecap

@ Kansas State on Feb 8, 2020

8 points. 3 assists. 6 rebounds. 2 steals. 1 block. 32 minutes.
slimecap

@ Oklahoma State on Feb 15, 2020

8 points. 4-4 FT. 5 assists. 4 rebounds. 4 steals. 36 minutes.
Brownbw
slimecap said:

Edmond Bear said:

Didi Richards ... I love her intensity and aggressiveness. Oh, and that hair!

we are big baylor everything. When we first saw DD play a couple of years ago some in my family couldnt remember her name. Because of her hair my family began calling her Mickey Mouse. We all know her name now but for my family we still root for Mickey.
2023 ADOPT-A-BEAR
KADEN SIERACKI #74
6’8’’ 315 RF WOODLANDS
Big boy is going to put some hurt on big 12 foes
airforcebear
GarlandBear84 said:

And then there is Moon....excelling over all re athletic ability!
slimecap

@ Texas Tech on Feb 18, 2020
9 points. 5 assists. 8 rebounds. 1 block. 38 minutes.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.