Didi Richards

89,849 Views | 323 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BUatbirth
slimecap
How long do you want to ignore this user?

3rd from left DiDi Richards courtside
WNBA Chicago @ Dallas
July 14, 2019
Wichitabear
She's trying to learn something. Lololol
bowdedg
slimecap said:

3rd from left DiDi Richards courtside
WNBA Chicago @ Dallas
July 14, 2019
Several of the Lady Bears were there: Lauren, Trinity, Nalyssa, Te'a, Bickle, Didi....
historian
cool
bowdedg
slimecap

GarlandBear84
I listened to the podcast of that hour yesterday and really enjoyed it. It is a bit odd that such a self-proclaimed princess thrives under Mulkey.
HoustonBear15
GarlandBear84 said:

I listened to the podcast of that hour yesterday and really enjoyed it. It is a bit odd that such a self-proclaimed princess thrives under Mulkey.
The thing with Didi is she doesn't let her lifestyle/actions get in the way of her commitment as a student athlete. She's a diva (and I don't mean that in a bad way) but she still knows how to respect others while also respecting herself. Didi knows that she's not above any rules or expectations and holds herself to a high standard of hard work. It's her we over me attitude that sets her apart from other "princesses"
skilledup

Something I just saw on Twitter. Form looks different, but if she can extend her range to the 3 point line, opposing teams will be in trouble.

Baylor will almost be unbeatable, but if Richards doesn't pick up her scoring, I would have to put the Ducks number 1.
Chibears2
Would like to see her develop that outside shot so she can at least garner a look at next level, if she has interest.
blueeyedbear
I wonder if anyone else has noticed the friendly competition going on between DiDi and Te'a for the best glamor pose in team photos posted on Baylor women's basketball twitter and the same thing is happening whenever there is a camera anywhere near their vicinity - Its fun to watch - They both seem to enjoy trying to outdo each other. Its going to be fun with two divas on the team this year (Meant in a very positive way)

Additionally - team bonding seems to be right on track duplicating last years incredible team chemistry. Watching the ladies in practice and looking at the twitter postings I say Erin and Te'a have been welcomed with open arms and are thrilled with their new teammates ! The team looks like they really like each other. If last years magic can be recreated on this years team I say that's one of those intangibles that does not show up on the stat sheet but is an integral part of a championship run.
Wichitabear
So pleased to hear this
historian
Amen to both blueeyedbear & Whitchitabear!
mimi25408

Didi New form looking good.. FYI DiDi little brother DJ Richard's 2021 6'4 went on unofficial to Baylor last week. Looks good in a Baylor uniform just like his sister.
historian
I think it would be wonderful to have him on the team bringing skill and scoring to MBB.

Weren't Taurean and Alexis Prince siblings? That turned out quite well for Baylor.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
mimi25408
They were not related
WacoKelly83
Love Didi. And apparently so does everyone else. Let's see, last year she helped bring in Chloe. This year Tea. Who can she "recruit" for next year?
blueeyedbear
WacoKelly83 said:

Love Didi. And apparently so does everyone else. Let's see, last year she helped bring in Chloe. This year Tea. Who can she "recruit" for next year?
Give Chloe some love for bringing Te'a in too
skilledup
WacoKelly83 said:

Rumor has it Richards is giving cooper her number for one year. Saw on social media
blueeyedbear
skilledup said:

WacoKelly83 said:

Rumor has it Richards is giving cooper her number for one year. Saw on social media
Sounds like something DiDi would do - What a magnanimous gesture !!!
DiDi gets it - it is all about team.
Definitely A TOP SHELF Young Lady - How lucky are we to have the opportunity to watch her mature and grow not only as a basketball player but as a person as well.
What a blessing - no wonder she is the silent leader on this team (although I noticed late last year she was becoming more vocal - and good for her)
mimi25408
https://instagr.am/p/B1B4ChsjAOO

DIDI' little brother
Dcheetah
How good is he?
slimecap

Didi at WNBA Los Angeles Sparks @ Dallas Wings game
August 14, 2019
Scottdye
Such a Beautiful Young Lady. Love how she represents Baylor and the Baylor Lady Bears.
slimecap
Rudy's BarBQ show featuring a couple of special guests

Wichitabear
Love it!!!
Dcheetah
How is her new shooting form progressing?
mimi25408
Dcheetah
Wow! If she can be a fairly consistent shot from 3 we are going to be a very tough out!
baylor1984
Kudo's to Didi working on her outside shot. She's a terror on the defensive end and she's going to be a real offensive threat this year if she hits shots like that.
Chibears2
She's got to have an offensive game if she wants to make it at the next level. She's got two years to work on it. Add a consistent outside shot to her ability to get to the basket and finish, coupled with her length and defensive tenacity, and she has got to be appealing to WNBA GM's. She's a hard worker. I have no doubt she'll be successful!
mimi25408
Just want to remind some of you that Didi Richard's is Cypress Ranch High School all-time leading scorer, both female and Male. Yes, she is fixing her shot but she has always been a scorer. She hasn't really needed to but she knows that now she is a leader for the lady bears. I think we are going to see 2,251pt record DiDi this year.
Chibears2
DiDi has mentioned that in interviews several times, and you are right to reiterate that and remind us all of that point. But I don't think we have seen a DiDi confident enough in her outside shot to use it consistently at this level as a set up for driving to the basket with the ball. Most of her offense seems to come off of put backs and cuts to the bucket where she receives a pass from a big, though she did show a couple of scoring drives throughout the tourney. I just think, even more than correcting some form "issue," DiDi needs the shot reps to have confidence in her shot. She's going to miss someall shooters dobut confident ones keep shooting. If DiDi gets that comfort and confidence to be an outside threat at this level, I truly don't know how a defense could stop her, and I think she positions herself really well for the WNBA.

(She's going to miss some, all shooters do, but confident ones keep shooting.). Apparently, dashes get dropped...
blueeyedbear
Chibears2 said:

DiDi has mentioned that in interviews several times, and you are right to reiterate that and remind us all of that point. But I don't think we have seen a DiDi confident enough in her outside shot to use it consistently at this level as a set up for driving to the basket with the ball. Most of her offense seems to come off of put backs and cuts to the bucket where she receives a pass from a big, though she did show a couple of scoring drives throughout the tourney. I just think, even more than correcting some form "issue," DiDi needs the shot reps to have confidence in her shot. She's going to miss someall shooters dobut confident ones keep shooting. If DiDi gets that comfort and confidence to be an outside threat at this level, I truly don't know how a defense could stop her, and I think she positions herself really well for the WNBA.

(She's going to miss some, all shooters do, but confident ones keep shooting.). Apparently, dashes get dropped...
Cooper is a proven scorer, Landrum is a proven scorer, Smith is a proven scorer. if DiDi becomes confident and consistent with a mid range jumper and occasional 3 ball opposing teams double Lauren at their peril !!
Add Decosta, Egbo, Moon, Oliver and Degrate to the mix and Baylor is a nightmare to guard.
I hope the hard work DiDi has put in this summer pays big dividends for her !!! She is really going to put opposing guards in a no win situation next season - lay off her and she hits a midrange jumper or three ball - Get up on her and she puts the ball on the floor and blows by them for a layup or dump off layup to a big !!
mimi25408
Didi was not an All-American for nothing. She can shoot.. its ugly but she can make them go in. I've seen enough practices and Didi Playing against my sis in AAU to know that she can drive to the basketball and hit outside shots. She chooses not to. Didi can bang with the best of them. I've already had a few sneak peeks from our girls this year and we will be better than last year.

Although we gonna miss our biggest inside presence, we picked up 5x the speed. Gaining Cooper is huge. I saw Coop and Moon flying the court and the speed had me shook. All of them are scorers

Also, the WNBA isn't for everybody. Hell Nina Davis among others was a prolific scorer but did make it... it is what it is.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.