2021 WBB Recruiting

56,091 Views | 190 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Dcheetah
Dcheetah
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We did not make Lattimore's final list. Michigan did along with Cal, UCLA, Ky, Florida, Syracuse. was hoping she or Aaliyah would be our 4.
ScottS
Dcheetah said:

We did not make Lattimore's final list. Michigan did along with Cal, UCLA, Ky, Florida, Syracuse. was hoping she or Aaliyah would be our 4.

Interesting she doesn't have any of the top teams
Dcheetah
I wonder if Shayeanne will come out with similar finalists since they play together or will she go her own way?
slimecap
2021 JERSEY WOLFENBARGER

BCSSelect24 Spotlight February 19, 2020
includes video
http://peachstatebasketball.com/bcsselect24-spotlight-jersey-wolfenbarger-february-19-2020/
ScottS
slimecap said:

2021 JERSEY WOLFENBARGER

includes video
http://peachstatebasketball.com/bcsselect24-spotlight-jersey-wolfenbarger-february-19-2020/

Think Jersey comes to Baylor?
GrizBear
ScottS said:

slimecap said:

2021 JERSEY WOLFENBARGER

includes video

Think Jersey comes to Baylor?
Looks like another DiDi Richards to me.
Dcheetah
Taller and much better shooter and range. If she could learn Didi-like D, she would be amazing! I would love for her to be a Lady Bear.
Polarbear
From limited video and write ups, appears a good comp might be Katie Lou Samuelson. Like Katie Lou, Jersey appears to be a long and lean forward with a beautiful shooting stroke. It even appears that Jersey has 3 point range to her shot. A 6'4" player with that kind of shooting ability would be an asset to any program.
Dcheetah
I thought we had offered Rori Harmon and Jada Malone but Raoul doesn't show offers for either. Does anyone know?
BaylorBearWBBFan
Apparently we've offered Maryam Dauda, #1 post in 2021 https://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2020/feb/25/nations-top-junior-post-player-impressed-neighbors/
ScottS
BaylorBearWBBFan said:

Apparently we've offered Maryam Dauda, #1 post in 2021 https://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2020/feb/25/nations-top-junior-post-player-impressed-neighbors/
From this article...She has a 24-inch vertical.
Polarbear
Read the last two paragraphs about what Maryam values in a college program:

"I want to go to a place that I know when I get there as a freshman I would get quite a bit of playing time as a freshman," she said. "I know whenever I get there there will be some juniors or seniors in front of me.

"I know they'll probably get more playing time than I will, but I also want to go somewhere I might get minutes.""

Jacques Strap
Polarbear said:

"I want to go to a place that I know when I get there as a freshman I would get quite a bit of playing time as a freshman," she said. "I know whenever I get there there will be some juniors or seniors in front of me.

"I know they'll probably get more playing time than I will, but I also want to go somewhere I might get minutes.""

There is no i in Team
There are multiple i's in "I want playing time".
Eball
Jacques Strap said:

Polarbear said:

There is no i in Team
I would not be too hard on any kid who wants more playing time or thinks they deserve more playing time. It is a good quality you want to see in any competitor...The problem is whether they can control it and focus it in positive directions...they have to learn and come to grips with the jump in talent level from HS/AAU to division 1. To me maturity is a kid who wants more playing time but understands a team concept and that it is not all about them...
BearFan33
Kim will play freshman but they have to be very good and the playing time is earned.
BU71
BearFan33 said:

Kim will play freshman but they have to be very good and the playing time is earned.
Many highly sought after freshmen are ready offensively to compete but defensively not as much. CKM demands defensive readiness more that many other coaches.
Dcheetah
CKM will be honest with her so if she were to come along you can be sure she would understand the need for patience and earning PT.
BUletters
slimecap said:

2021 JERSEY WOLFENBARGER
Jan 24, 2020

Love this girl! Hoping BU goes all out for her.
highplains

Notice that Texas is not in that chart (slimecap's chart on Mesquite Horn).
CNC
I think Kim could point out to Maryam that Lauren Cox was the #1 recruit in the nation and didn't start her fr year. She was the 6th man, but it takes time.

I'm not going dissect what a young woman says too much. Of course, she wants to play. We would love to have her.
57Bear
I suspect that KM is very honest and up front about playing time - not all coaches are.
BaylorBearWBBFan
Hope we can land Malone:
slimecap
2021 RORI HARMON
Point guard

Dcheetah
Rori being held out for violation of team rules in state semis and state finals vs Duncsnville. That will make it tough for Cy Creek in the finals. Anyone know how this affects Rori with us?

Rori has more than 2000 pts 500 rbs and 500 steals so far in her HS career.
ABC BEAR
Jacques Strap said:

Polarbear said:

There is no i in Team
She may want to consider what it takes to get playing time in the WNBA.
slimecap
2021 RORI HARMON
March 14, 2020
DFW Bill
Rori Harmon is now ranked #5 by Prospects Nation in the Class of 2021 and her teammate Kyndall Hunter is ranked #19. Both young ladies play for Cypress Creek High School, northwest part of the Houston area. DiDi Richards played for
Cypress Ranch also in the same school district. Cypress-Fairbanks Independent School District has 12 6A high schools and a high school of choice. Lot's of talent.
BaylorBearWBBFan
Harmon is certainly a stock-riser and has become a highly coveted national PG recruit. UConn, Baylor, Mississippi State, etc. have been to games over the past few weeks.

As Dcheetah mentioned, Harmon was recently suspended from Cypress Creek's semifinal and championship game due to a violation of team rules. Given that she received an offer yesterday, I would assume that it will not have an effect on Kim's recruitment of her. I had the same question previously.

She, Raven Johnson, and Kayla McPherson are all terrific options at PG in 2021.
slimecap

2021 Maryam Dauda
6-4 post
Bentonville AR

6A All Conference, All State, Player of the year, and unanimously Defensive Player of the Year.

"ESPN 4-star prospect, the No. 1 post player and No. 22 overall recruit in the country. Dauda has accumulated approximately 10 scholarship offers from schools such as Arkansas, Tennessee, Baylor, UCLA, Missouri, Texas and others."

- Richard Davenport, Whole Hog Sports, 25 Feb 2020
setshot
I don't understand how the #1 post player nationally in her class is ranked #22 over all.
Big Bear
The main reason is both 2 players identified as Fs on the ESPN site the same 2 are listed as Ps on Prospects Nation and Dauda is #36 overall.
slimecap
2021 MARYAM DAUDA

slimecap
2021 MARYAM DAUDA

Dcheetah
There is a great Jersey Wolfenbarger highlight tape on her twitter account if someone can post it. Shows her shooting prowess and versatility and why she is a priority. Northside Grizzlies to Baylor Bears!

Rori Harmon won player of the year on Texans Live and has a good highlight video there hopefully for someone to post.

2023 but Sammie Wagner ranked #1 in state on Texas Prep and Maddie Cox appearing at number 5.
Dcheetah
taken from the NW Arkansas Dem Gazette regarding Maryam Dauda. She sounds very promising and she won this award over Jersey W:

Her improvements to all facets of her game this season made Dauda the choice as the Northwest Arkansas Democrat-Gazette's player of the year for its Division I team, which consists of players from Class 6A and 5A schools.

"I was able to have a great season by working and playing hard," Dauda said. "Coming into the season, I wanted to be a more efficient offensive player and have a huge impact on this team.

"I also wanted to be the leader this team needed, so I spent a lot of time in the gym. I also concentrated on being more vocal on the floor and helping out my teammates when I could."

Dauda's height gives her an edge as far as rebounds and blocked shots are concerned, but those numbers actually fell this season as she averaged 7.9 rebounds and 2.6 blocks per game. She made up for it on the offensive end, where she raised her scoring average to 16.6 points per game -- more than 4 points per game than she averaged last year.

Her scoring included a respectable 20 of 48 shooting (41.7 percent) from 3-point range -- compared to 0 for 8 from beyond the arc a season ago -- and she hit an impressive 92 of 114 (80.7 percent) from the free-throw line. Dauda also set two school single-game records when she hit 14 field goals and scored 36 points in a Bentonville victory over Conway in December.

What makes Dauda's accomplishments stand out more is she only averaged 21.4 minutes -- slightly more than 2 1/2 quarters -- per game.

"I was really impressed with her free-throw shooting, and she had the ability to knock down some timely free throws," Bentonville coach Tom Halbmaier said. "That gave her the sense that her overall game had improved, and a lot of the 3-pointers she hit were in transition. She would get down the floor, then go wide and spot-up so she could be ready to shoot.

"And you look at the games we've played, there were only seven games where Maryam played all four quarters. She had that ability to raise her game in those close games, and she stayed out of foul trouble. She did a great job of not picking up that third and fourth foul in the first half."

Dauda had already rewritten every blocked shot category in Bentonville's record book in her freshman year, but she reached a couple of milestones this year. She scored her 1,000th career point in a victory during a victory at home against Fayetteville, and she became the school's career leader in rebounds during the Lady Tigers' victory over Conway in the Class 6A State Tournament semifinals.

"Getting my 1,000th point against Fayetteville will be something to remember," Dauda said. "Because I was able to do it in my junior year, that makes it feel really good."

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.