2021 WBB Recruiting

56,086 Views | 190 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Dcheetah
setshot
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Thanks, Adriacus. I think that we all agree that the next big haul for this program needs to include a high quality interior player and perhaps a power forward who can shoot from the corner. Successful programs today seem to thrive on girls of size who can force the defense to respect their ability to shoot from out away from the basket, and when Cox was shooting well the Lady Bears were unbeatable. In their two losses this season she was out for the first and shot poorly in the second.

Geewago meant no disrespect. He has a quirky sense of humor, but he has a great disposition and is one of the best guys you will ever meet. He pokes me in the ribs every now and then, but he is worth cultivating, if you ever get a chance to meet him. For a senior citizen, he keeps his head in the game and knows more than he lets on...
gone to Tickfaw
Andrews and Gusters are amazing "gets" - and Andrews won't have issues with any of the guards Texas has picked up

Ad Jaden to the roster...

It's going to be a battle...
Dcheetah
Sonia Citron to ND after Olivia Miles committed end of last week. Would love to see a top 21 pull the trigger for us - esp Jersey W although I wonder if she is an Ark lean based on her retweeting many things U.of Ark. UConn, USCe, Tx, ND, Louisville, OSUw etc have all taken top ranked 21 commits. Hopefully some good news will break for us regarding the 21 class before too long although we seem to take more fall commits in recent years.

Wish skilledup and Mimi would start posting again.
BaylorBearWBBFan
I've heard Jersey is headed to Arkansas, and is likely to announce any day now. She was a heavy Arkansas lean from the beginning.

My gut tells me Iriafen is headed to Stanford, though if we can get her out of California, that would be massive.

Hollingshead and McPherson don't put much out about their recruitments.
Dcheetah
Huge loss if true on JW. Is Dauda also leaning Ark? Seems as if we are now going to secondary targets although Iriafen would be huge (literally) if we could get her.
ABC BEAR
Arkansas certainly has plenty of blue sky to sell.....not much in the trophy case though.
Dcheetah
Don't see Kayla or Raven coming here with JO just coming aboard even though they would only be on campus 2 yrs with her.
Baylorkid
Jersey signs with Arkansas! Dang
BUatbirth
Saw her statement...and was a bit surprised by the tone of it. Wish her all the best.
blueeyedbear
Baylorkid said:

Jersey signs with Arkansas! Dang
Easier for helicopter mom to hover in Arkansas
WacoKelly83
BUatbirth said:

Saw her statement...and was a bit surprised by the tone of it. Wish her all the best.

For those of us who don't know where to look. What was the tone?
BUatbirth
Statement at @jerseywolf4. Just a bit of a back hand (IMO) to all those that recruited her not named UofA.

Most of these announcements tend to be humble and appreciative to those schools that recruited the athlete.
I believe a player who plays with a bit of a chip on their shoulder can be a good thing. Not so much in a commitment announcement. I'm just glad there was no Twitter when I was in HS!
WacoKelly83
Ok thanks. Some of us in the over 50 crowd need to have things spelled out. Then again understanding teenagers....
HoustonBear15
WacoKelly83 said:

BUatbirth said:

For those of us who don't know where to look. What was the tone?
DJHONSON
Could we land Carrington and Mikesell??? Coach mulkey follows both. Really hope we get Maryam. Also, in order to be really successful this year, I think we should change our style of play a little because we are much smaller. Maybe get queen and nalyssa to develop an outside shot.
ABC BEAR
BUatbirth said:

Statement at @jerseywolf4. Just a bit of a back hand (IMO) to all those that recruited her not named UofA.

Most of these announcements tend to be humble and appreciative to those schools that recruited the athlete.
I believe a player who plays with a bit of a chip on their shoulder can be a good thing. Not so much in a commitment announcement. I'm just glad there was no Twitter when I was in HS!
Confucius say: Chip on shoulder will alter jump shot.
Dcheetah
Don't think we need both and would prefer Mikesell because of her much better outside shooting. However, we may save scholies to see who is available if the portal busts open next month.
Baylorkid
I'm kind of worried we won't get any top rated recruit in this class
blueeyedbear
Baylorkid said:

I'm kind of worried we won't get any top rated recruit in this class
Let me remind you Joiner Holmes was # 2. Megan Gustafson was #80, Sophia Young was not even ranked. Just a few exceptions that come to mind. Your dealing with 18 YO's - its a roll of the dice gamble.
I believe something good is going to happen for the WBB soon.
Baylorkid
I hope so!
Swim
Jaden Owens is basically a 2021 recruit.
gone to Tickfaw
yes. and she's a good one.

are there any possibilites that the 3 point shooter from Maryland is interested in BU?
Baylorkid
fujobear said:

are there any possibilites that the 3 point shooter from Maryland is interested in BU?

Kim mullet and mikesell started following each other on Twitter so you never know
WacoKelly83
Baylorkid said:

fujobear said:

Kim mullet and mikesell started following each other on Twitter so you never know

Kim Mullet??? Lol
Swim
I don't really know but Baylor could obviously use her seeing that I think 3 point shooting will be a question mark with the graduation of Landrum.
Baylorkid
It was autocorrect
DanaDane
No reason to sugarcoat or offer up excuses. 2021 HS recruiting has been disappointing. Given our prominence within the women's game and crowd support, we should pull in a Top 5-10 class every year. Hopefully we will come up with some great transfers.
Baylorkid
I agree! Hopefully someone commits to us soon
BUbackerinET
Right third of the statement is cut off when enlarged to read.
buildabear1
It's not the school, or the program. It's the town there's just nothing real appealing to a young man or woman as far as they can see.
bowdedg
buildabear1 said:

It's not the school, or the program. It's the town there's just nothing real appealing to a young man or woman as far as they can see.
I disagree with this statement. Students don't choose a college based on what a town has to offer, especially a student athlete. A student athlete's life is basically school, practices, games, working out, and studying. There is not much time for town life.
Adriacus Peratuun
buildabear1 said:

Compared to Storrs Connecticut and South Bend Indiana, Waco is LOVELY.

Players aren't focused on the city's aesthetic qualities.

buildabear1
Chip and Joanna Gaines couldn't fix waco up enough. East side raggedy, Southside raggedy, north side raggedy, and west not great. Sounding area. Bellmead raggedy, Robinson country , Hewitt okay. And i'm from waco, so no shade just facts.
buildabear1
Believe what you want, now that is a statement we would like to think most students are about, and maybe just maybe the ones that show up here are. But most young people look at life just alittle different. I coach in AAU level i here the talk.
GrizBear
buildabear1 said:

Chip and Joanna Gaines couldn't fix waco up enough. East side raggedy, Southside raggedy, north side raggedy, and west not great. Sounding area. Bellmead raggedy, Robinson country , Hewitt okay. And i'm from waco, so no shade just facts.
Have to wonder what is your motive for posting isht like this. The Baylor campus and student living experience is top tier. Who cares about your opinion of the surrounding areas?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.