* * MMA - Boxing

10,788 Views | 311 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by UBBY
Assassin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Paulie Malignaggi continues to rip Conor McGregor after leaving camp: I beat the brakes off him

Paulie Malignaggi Quits Conor McGregor's Camp After Row Over Sparring Photos
By: Blue Corner | August 4, 2017 12:20 pm

Paulie Malignaggi promised not to reveal any of Conor McGregor's tactics after he announced late Thursday that he is leaving the UFC lightweight champion's training camp. However, that didn't mean he is going to keep the nature of sparring sessions a secret.
Malignaggi had spent more than a week in Las Vegas to help McGregor (21-3 MMA, 9-1 UFC) prepare for his Aug. 26 boxing match with Floyd Mayweather (49-0 boxing). His time working with "The Notorious" came to an abrupt end, though, when a photo surfaced showing Malignaggi down on the canvas.
Although Malignaggi insisted the photo was taken after a "push down," and not a knockdown, the frustrated boxer decided he will no longer work with McGregor. He released a lengthy statement explaining his decision, and a day later, he hasn't calmed down (via Twitter):

http://mmajunkie.com/2017/08/paulie-malignaggi-rip-conor-mcgregor-leaving-camp-i-beat-the-breaks-off-him
Brian Ethridge
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
Mayweather is going to outskill McGregor
Assassin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Brian Ethridge said:

Mayweather is going to outskill McGregor
McGregor only has a punchers chance. And not much of one against a defender like Mayweather.

This is something Mayweather has been doing all his life.

McG almost got his ass kicked in UFC, other than a paycheck, not sure why he would be doing this
Brian Ethridge
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
Assassin said:

Brian Ethridge said:

Mayweather is going to outskill McGregor
McGregor only has a punchers chance. And not much of one against a defender like Mayweather.

This is something Mayweather has been doing all his life.

McG almost got his ass kicked in UFC, other than a paycheck, not sure why he would be doing this
McGregor did get it kicked by Diaz.

Agree on the puncher's chance, but Mayweather isn't Aldo.

And the weight and padding of the gloves is so different.
Assassin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Brian Ethridge said:

Assassin said:

Brian Ethridge said:

Mayweather is going to outskill McGregor
McGregor only has a punchers chance. And not much of one against a defender like Mayweather.

This is something Mayweather has been doing all his life.

McG almost got his ass kicked in UFC, other than a paycheck, not sure why he would be doing this
McGregor did get it kicked by Diaz.

Agree on the puncher's chance, but Mayweather isn't Aldo.
Aldo looked he was two divisions smaller than Mayweather, not one
Brian Ethridge
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
Assassin said:

Brian Ethridge said:

Assassin said:

Brian Ethridge said:

Mayweather is going to outskill McGregor
McGregor only has a punchers chance. And not much of one against a defender like Mayweather.

This is something Mayweather has been doing all his life.

McG almost got his ass kicked in UFC, other than a paycheck, not sure why he would be doing this
McGregor did get it kicked by Diaz.

Agree on the puncher's chance, but Mayweather isn't Aldo.
Aldo looked he was two divisions smaller than Mayweather, not one
Watching this UFC from Mexico City now and I was Rashad Evans would retire. Had the fights vs Liddell and nothing else, now he's dropping classes and not any better.
Assassin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
that earlier KO by Ortiz was quick!
Assassin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Brian Ethridge said:



Watching this UFC from Mexico City now and I was Rashad Evans would retire. Had the fights vs Liddell and nothing else, now he's dropping classes and not any better.
thats four in a row and six of eight hes lost
Brian Ethridge
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
Assassin said:

that earlier KO by Ortiz was quick!
Yes, as was that knee to the noggin right there. Not sure that guy is awake yet.
Brian Ethridge
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
Bad stoppage there.
Assassin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Brian Ethridge said:

Assassin said:

that earlier KO by Ortiz was quick!
Yes, as was that knee to the noggin right there. Not sure that guy is awake yet.
and nothing worse than getting hit with a hammer fist when your head is bouncing off the canvas. You can drive a nail through a board with one of those
Assassin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
think I'm gonna hit the rack.

glad to know somebody over likes MMA too, Ghostrider is another fan as is hustleflow
Brian Ethridge
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
Assassin said:

Brian Ethridge said:

Assassin said:

that earlier KO by Ortiz was quick!
Yes, as was that knee to the noggin right there. Not sure that guy is awake yet.
and nothing worse than getting hit with a hammer fist when your head is bouncing off the canvas. You can drive a nail through a board with one of those
Yeah, he should have known he wasn't coming back on that one.

There are others on here as well that like it.
hustlenflow
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Assasin! Glad to see the show has continued over here. I don't like Conor, but there is some genius in him to garner this kind of pay day. I don't think he ever defended a belt in the UFC, and there are a number of fighters at lightweight that can probably beat him. Which makes this timing impeccable for him. After he loses to Floyd, he will say that wasn't his sport anyway, and he can retire a very wealthy man. Anything more he gets out of the UFC will be gravy - if he ever goes back.
Assassin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
hustlenflow said:

Assasin! Glad to see the show has continued over here. I don't like Conor, but there is some genius in him to garner this kind of pay day. I don't think he ever defended a belt in the UFC, and there are a number of fighters at lightweight that can probably beat him. Which makes this timing impeccable for him. After he loses to Floyd, he will say that wasn't his sport anyway, and he can retire a very wealthy man. Anything more he gets out of the UFC will be gravy - if he ever goes back.
Thats the consensus. A marginal champion at best.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MemoriesofDallas/
https://memoriesofdallas.org/
Assassin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Not sure who gets the advantage here. Mayweather is light years faster, 49 wins with 26 KOs but only 1 KO in the last decade. He's really turned into a defensive point fighter in his later years.

Not sure that McG will be able to get solid punches on him.

Quote:

The Nevada State Athletic Commission today voted unanimously to grant a request from Floyd Mayweather and Conor McGregor's camps to allow eight-ounce gloves to be used for "The Money Fight."
Commissioners agreed to the change a break from its longstanding rule that requires 10-ounce gloves be used for fights contested at 154 pounds as a one-time exception.

NSAC's current rules stipulate eight-ounce gloves are supposed to be used for fights contested at 147 pounds. But commissioners agreed the unusual circumstances of the bout made it possible to grant the one-time exception, which the Association of Ringside Physicians strongly cautioned against in a letter submitted prior to today's meeting.
August 26th is the tell
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MemoriesofDallas/
https://memoriesofdallas.org/
hustlenflow
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm going to be in Vegas this weekend for different reasons, but will be interesting to feel the atmosphere. I hear tickets sales are not great. Would it be shocking if this thing didn't sell out? On TicketMaster the cheapest seat is $1,600. Maybe they overestimated what people would pay.
Assassin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
hustlenflow said:

I'm going to be in Vegas this weekend for different reasons, but will be interesting to feel the atmosphere. I hear tickets sales are not great. Would it be shocking if this thing didn't sell out? On TicketMaster the cheapest seat is $1,600. Maybe they overestimated what people would pay.
or the whole thing has been overhyped.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MemoriesofDallas/
https://memoriesofdallas.org/
Ghostrider
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Jon Jones is an idiot. Cannot believe he popped for anabolic steriods. And how did he not pop before the fight? Hard to believe the UFC and others didn't let the fight continue for $$$. UFC would have lost a ton if that fight was canceled.
Assassin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ghostrider said:

Jon Jones is an idiot. Cannot believe he popped for anabolic steriods. And how did he not pop before the fight? Hard to believe the UFC and others didn't let the fight continue for $$$. UFC would have lost a ton if that fight was canceled.
you're kidding me. again?

I'm on the road down the coast. havent checked my feeds
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MemoriesofDallas/
https://memoriesofdallas.org/
Ghostrider
How long do you want to ignore this user?
popped for Turninabol or something like that. If it holds he could be suspended up to 4 years.
Assassin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ghostrider said:

popped for Turninabol or something like that. If it holds he could be suspended up to 4 years.
will this give Comier the belt back?
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MemoriesofDallas/
https://memoriesofdallas.org/
Ghostrider
How long do you want to ignore this user?
That's the rumor. Jones to be stripped and given back to Cormier.
Assassin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
White says that a superfight had been underway for 218. Jones going up to Hwy to take on Moicic...
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MemoriesofDallas/
https://memoriesofdallas.org/
Ghostrider
How long do you want to ignore this user?
yep, that would have been a huge fight. UFC is in a lot of trouble. No more Rousey, Jones and Connor probably won't come back unless they pay his 50mm or more.

Who else does UFC have that is marketable?
Assassin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Mr. Goodbear said:

yep, that would have been a huge fight. UFC is in a lot of trouble. No more Rousey, Jones and Connor probably won't come back unless they pay his 50mm or more.

Who else does UFC have that is marketable?
Rousey was a flash in the pan - one trick pony exposed once folks learned she hated being hit in the face.

McG may be a current flash in the pan - too many holes in his game and too big an ego.

Jones would most definitely have been a superstar but he has no built in moral compass.

GSP is back in the mix. Solid individual that its hard to root against. UFC 217 against Bisping. Should beat him quite handily if he is the GSP of old. That will be the first of four fights in the UFC contract. He's 36 yoa which is a little old but still at the top end of prime fighters age.

Paige van Zant is HOTTTT! And not a bad fighter

Tony Furgeson. Keep an eye on him. Really complete guy

Mickey Gall is an up and comer as is Robert Whitaker

This Russian kid is interesting. For several years - Khabib Nurmagomedov. Dude is a badass - with a bunch of injuries. Will probably fight either McGregor or Furgeson next I think.

Would like to say a guy I trained with in the late 2000's is in the mix but he's been exposed. Wonderboy, aka Stephen Thompson. anytime he's against a striker, he has the upperhand. But a excellent wrestler that keeps body on body has the opportunity to beat him. (he should have beaten Woodley on points). He's still my boy.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MemoriesofDallas/
https://memoriesofdallas.org/
hustlenflow
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ghostrider said:

Jon Jones is an idiot. Cannot believe he popped for anabolic steriods. And how did he not pop before the fight? Hard to believe the UFC and others didn't let the fight continue for $$$. UFC would have lost a ton if that fight was canceled.
Thought I read the sample was taken 7/28 - the day before the fight. Does it legitimately take over 24 hours to determine the results? There is so much $ at stake, you have to wonder. USADA is in charge of the testing, not the UFC. You might think the UFC would have some influence over USADA, but the UFC is probably a just very small part of what USADA does. Would love to understand that dynamic. I do give the UFC credit for bringing USADA in.

I would not trust Jon Jones to baby sit my pet rock. You wonder how Cormier feels. Pissed that he had to fight a guy using steriods? Relieved that the loss won't count, and he can keep defending the belt? Empty because this was the biggest challenge of his athletic career, and the outcome is not a real win or loss?
Ghostrider
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I don't know. So much money is on the line...think, pay per views alone is 800,000 buy x $60 per =$48,000,000. The gate is probably another $2.5mm, merchandise sales who knows, etc etc....
Assassin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
hustlenflow said:

ghostrider said:

Jon Jones is an idiot. Cannot believe he popped for anabolic steriods. And how did he not pop before the fight? Hard to believe the UFC and others didn't let the fight continue for $$$. UFC would have lost a ton if that fight was canceled.
Thought I read the sample was taken 7/28 - the day before the fight. Does it legitimately take over 24 hours to determine the results? There is so much $ at stake, you have to wonder. USADA is in charge of the testing, not the UFC. You might think the UFC would have some influence over USADA, but the UFC is probably a just very small part of what USADA does. Would love to understand that dynamic. I do give the UFC credit for bringing USADA in.

I would not trust Jon Jones to baby sit my pet rock. You wonder how Cormier feels. Pissed that he had to fight a guy using steriods? Relieved that the loss won't count, and he can keep defending the belt? Empty because this was the biggest challenge of his athletic career, and the outcome is not a real win or loss?
Ouch!

And you're dead on via DC. That dude gets screwed over by Jon Jones yet another time.

Hopefully UFC and all the big event places ban him. Make him go to Iraq to fight bare knuckles for a few years
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MemoriesofDallas/
https://memoriesofdallas.org/
Assassin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
For the second time in three fights, Floyd Mayweather will earn a guaranteed purse of $100 million.

Mayweather, coming out of a two-year retirement, will earn that sum as a minimum for his junior middleweight boxing match against UFC star Conor McGregor on Saturday (Showtime PPV, 9 p.m. ET) at the T-Mobile Arena, according to contract figures released on Friday night by the Nevada State Athletic Commission.

Mayweather also earned a guaranteed $100 million for his 2015 megafight with Manny Pacquiao, though he made around $250 million because of his share of the enormous profits from the record-shattering event. The fight with McGregor, 29, is expected by many to break the Mayweather-Pacquiao records, which would give Mayweather (49-0, 26 KOs), 40, another payday well in excess of $200 million.

McGregor's minimum purse is $30 million, which dwarfs any he has made for his fights in the Octagon during his mixed martial arts career. But the Irishman will wind up making tens of millions of dollars more than his minimum because of his share of the promotion. His take is likely to exceed $100 million.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MemoriesofDallas/
https://memoriesofdallas.org/
Assassin
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Quote:

Mayweather vs. McGregor Fan Poll: Who do you think will win?

Floyd Mayweather
44%

Conor McGregor
56%

512,488 total votes


Thats one hell of a lot of deluded people. McG's tough in the Octagon but a boxing ring is totally different. Not sure if Mayweather will push the offense, he's become a defensive point fighter in the last decade with only 1 KO. But if I was Mayweather, I might consider pushing McG into a corner and making him fight a defensive fight. McG has been known to get tired arms. Good boxers can go 12 full rounds without getting tired arms and Mayweathers much better than good
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MemoriesofDallas/
https://memoriesofdallas.org/
Ghostrider
How long do you want to ignore this user?
McG will push the pace at the beginning. He has to go for the KO in the 1st 3-4 rds. If it turns into a technical fight McG is done.
Assassin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Mr. Goodbear said:

McG will push the pace at the beginning. He has to go for the KO in the 1st 3-4 rds. If it turns into a technical fight McG is done.
absolutely agree. Maybe even the first two rounds.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MemoriesofDallas/
https://memoriesofdallas.org/
Assassin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
just realized the Cowboys come on at exact same time. This is the fourth of five preseason games for them. I guess Dak will probably start and get a few series. Next week is the last game and they'll want to check out the back of the roster.

The McG vs Mayweather event
Quote:

Main Event:
Floyd Mayweather Jr. (49-0) vs. Conor McGregor (0-0)

PPV Under Card:

IBF junior lightweight champion Gervonta Davis (18-0) vs. Francisco Fonseca (19-0-1)
WBA light heavyweight champion Nathan Cleverly (30-3) vs. Badou Jack (21-1-2)
Andrew Tabiti (14-0) vs. Steve Cunningham (29-8-1) for vacant USBA cruiserweight title

FOX Sports Under Card:

Thomas Dulorme (24-2) vs. Yordenis Ugas (19-3)
Juan Heraldez (12-0) vs. Jose Miguel Borrego (13-0)
The televised FOX Sports undercard is set to begin at 7 p.m.

I'll break out the backup laptop, have four streams going I guess...
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MemoriesofDallas/
https://memoriesofdallas.org/
Assassin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
just saw this:

Mayweather and McGregor are expected to climb through the ropes sometime before midnight (11pm Texas time) later this evening. The bout, which will be contested at 154 pounds, is scheduled for 12, three-minute rounds. And the longer the fight goes, the more it favors Mayweather, whose average bout duration is 23 minutes, while McGregor has never fought for more than 25 minutes, averaging just under five minutes in the cage throughout his 24-fight MMA career.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MemoriesofDallas/
https://memoriesofdallas.org/
 
×
Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.