* * MMA - Boxing

51,591 Views | 466 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Assassin
Assassin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
http://www.ufc.com/media/Fight-Night-Liverpool-Thompson-vs-Till-Daniel-Cormier-and-Jimmy-Smith-Preview
On Facebook at "Memories of...":
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music. Come see us!
Assassin
Wonderboy got screwed again. Sherdog and all the websites had Thompson winning 4 of 5 rounds The Liverpool judges gave it to Till.

Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music. Come see us!
Assassin
http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/nfl/dallas-cowboys/article213060039.html#storylink=rss
Assassin
Assassin
Cejudo knocks off the 'greatest pound for pound fighter in UFC history" - DJ!
Assassin
Thought Cody might take his belt back.. nope TJ knocks him the crap out!
hustlenflow
Assassin said:

Wow, didn't see that coming.
hustlenflow
Assassin said:

Not from a skill set standpoint, but from a legacy standpoint, I lost some respect for Mighty Mouse when he would not take the Dillashaw fight. Seemed like he went with a much easier opponent so he could be assured of breaking Silva's record. To me, he can't be the greatest ever if he doesn't step up to the plate when the biggest challenge is offered.
Assassin
hustlenflow said:

Assassin said:

Not from a skill set standpoint, but from a legacy standpoint, I lost some respect for Mighty Mouse when he would not take the Dillashaw fight. Seemed like he went with a much easier opponent so he could be assured of breaking Silva's record. To me, he can't be the greatest ever if he doesn't step up to the plate when the biggest challenge is offered.
BTW - Cejudo called out TJ. Wants to be a two division champ too
Assassin
Assassin
hustlenflow
Anybody else attend UFC 228 in Dallas? I was not super excited about the PPV card, but Diego Sanchez and Jim Miller were on the early prelims and got the night off to a rocking start. Don't know how much gas Diego has left in the tank or how many fights left on his contract, but seeing him live was pretty damn entertaining. And Jim Miller is one of my all time favorites. I'm not a huge Woodley fan and was concerned he would spend all night ducking Till's striking, but Tyrone he came out like he something to prove. Those 2 crazy subs - maybe Assassin can comment on those. The crowd seemed really dialed in the whole night.
Assassin
Assassin
hustlenflow said:

Anybody else attend UFC 228 in Dallas? I was not super excited about the PPV card, but Diego Sanchez and Jim Miller were on the early prelims and got the night off to a rocking start. Don't know how much gas Diego has left in the tank or how many fights left on his contract, but seeing him live was pretty damn entertaining. And Jim Miller is one of my all time favorites. I'm not a huge Woodley fan and was concerned he would spend all night ducking Till's striking, but Tyrone he came out like he something to prove. Those 2 crazy subs - maybe Assassin can comment on those. The crowd seemed really dialed in the whole night.
I was hoping Till would win so Wonderboy could take him out. Not sure that he will get another shot at Woodley after a draw and a majority loss

Great Darce choke by Woodley. I saw it coming but didnt realize he knew what to do. That was a BB BJJ move
Assassin
MAGOMEDSHARIPOV and that full leg bar was impressive as hell. I've never seen one of those in competition before. You have to be built just right for it (arm length and all)

Keep an eye on this guy.
Assassin
Assassin said:

MAGOMEDSHARIPOV and that full leg bar was impressive as hell. I've never seen one of those in competition before. You have to be built just right for it (arm length and all)

Keep an eye on this guy.
BTW - that was called a Suleov stretch, hyper extends the hamstring or tweaks the knee depending on the positioning.
Assassin
hustlenflow
Assassin said:

hustlenflow said:

I was hoping Till would win so Wonderboy could take him out. Not sure that he will get another shot at Woodley after a draw and a majority loss

Great Darce choke by Woodley. I saw it coming but didnt realize he knew what to do. That was a BB BJJ move
Yeah, good point on Wonderboy. He has to stick around contention until T Wood loses. I do want to see him get another shot against a different champ. Woodley said after the fight he trained BJJ right after wrestling and before he ever trained striking.
Assassin
Dang - I thought we were done with this dipstick. McGregor gets new 6 fight UFC deal

He is going to be shown up. Just like Ronda Rousey, this dude is gonna get exposed:

http://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/24746406/conor-mcgregor-cashes-new-6-fight-ufc-deal
Assassin
hopefully Kahbib shows him up all over the ring...

Assassin
Please Khabib. Be the first of six consecutive defeats for Ronda Rousey Jr...

http://larrybrownsports.com/boxing/conor-mcgregor-wants-fight-floyd-mayweather-again/466530
Assassin
Assassin
Derrick Lewis gets punished for two rounds, 4 and a half minutes, then obliterates the Russian

He then takes off his pants in the ring as Joe is about to interview him.... Rogan asks him why... "my balls was hot"....
Assassin
Mcg gets his ass kicked. Quits in the 4th
Assassin
Exactly. Dude makes much better points than Joe Rogan post-fight;

Khabib Nurmagomedov made a short and sweet appearance at the UFC 229 post-fight press conference, and while he did apologize for his actions, he also explained the reasoning behind them.

"First of all, I want to say sorry to athletic commission, Nevada, sorry to Vegas. This is not my best side," Nurmagomedov said.

After Nurmagomedov submitted Conor McGregor in the fourth round to retain his lightweight crown in the UFC 229 headliner on Saturday, he jumped over the Octagon to attack McGregor's teammate, Dillon Danis. That sparked a brawl in which a few of his teammates entered the cage to fight with McGregor.

The incident left a black mark on what is likely to be the UFC's most watched event of 2018. However, Nurmagomedov pointed out that McGregor's infamous bus attack in April should carry as much weight as what happened at the T-Mobile Arena. In fact, it might have been even more significant, as McGregor's actions rendered Ray Borg and Michael Chiesa unable to fight at UFC 223.

"He talk about my religion, he talk about my country, he talk about my father, he come to Brooklyn and he broke bus," Nurmagomedov said. "He almost kill a couple of people. Worry about this. Worry about this st. Why people talk about I jump over the cage? I don't understand."

Of course, McGregor is known for his trash talking and ability to get under the skin of his opponents. According to Nurmagomedov, that shouldn't be acceptable in MMA.

"This is respect sport. This is not trash talking sport. I want to change this game. I don't want people talk **** about opponents, talk **** about his father, religion. You cannot talk about religion, nation, you cannot talk about this stuff. This for me is very important. I know my father is gonna smash me when I go home.
Read more at http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Khabib-Nurmagomedov-Explains-PostFight-Actions-at-UFC-229-This-is-Respect-Sport-143515#qDsY3U7qA2CW224y.99
Assassin
Assassin
thought Weidman was going to take out Jacere. J caught him right above the ear. J's lets him go and Mariglota doesnt stop the fight. J pleads with him to stop it.

Very impressed Jacare. Thats a good sport
Assassin
Lewis had no chance against Cormier. None.
hustlenflow
Assassin said:

What a dumb fight to make, especially since Cormier only has a few fights left before retirement.
Assassin
hustlenflow said:

Assassin said:

What a dumb fight to make, especially since Cormier only has a few fights left before retirement.
Wasnt the winner of the Lewis-Volkoff fight guaranteed a title fight? Volkoff whupped his butt all over the ring until getting KOd with `11 seconds left
IslandBear
A half-court shot by Rodriguez at the buzzer! Oh my -- Korean Zombie had it in the bag and should've stayed away. Gotta give Rodriguez credit for his creative style. That vertical back elbow blow -- never seen that before. Great conditioning by both.
hustlenflow
IslandBear said:

A half-court shot by Rodriguez at the buzzer! Oh my -- Korean Zombie had it in the bag and should've stayed away. Gotta give Rodriguez credit for his creative style. That vertical back elbow blow -- never seen that before. Great conditioning by both.
I've never fought or grappled in competition. Was that elbow a lucky shot, or the result of incredible skill? Maybe both? They were hugging with 10 seconds to go. One of the craziest endings I have ever seen.
Assassin
hard to believe bones jones gets yet another UFC shot. one week away. Hopefully Gustafson sends him into oblivion
Assassin
So Jon Jones fails yet another drug test - for the same stuff he was suspended for in 2017. Instead of booting this guy to the curb like he should have, Dana White moves the whole thing from las Vegas to California where they really dont care.

Even bigger Gustafson fan tonight.

Everybody knows Jones is cheater. Horrible move by the UFC

https://mmajunkie.com/2018/12/daniel-cormier-lance-armstrong-dirtbag-jon-jones-drug-test-steroids-ufc-232
Assassin
MAIN CARD

UNDERCARD

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.