* * MMA - Boxing

51,568 Views | 466 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Assassin
Assassin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Assassin
UFC 263 fight card, odds
  • Israel Adesanya (c) -240 vs. Marvin Vettori +200, middleweight championship
  • Deiveson Figueiredo (c) -240 vs. Brandon Moreno +200, flyweight championship
  • Leon Edwards -500 vs. Nate Diaz +380, welterweight
  • Belal Muhammad -240 vs. Demian Maia +200, welterweight
  • Jamahal Hill -300 vs. Paul Craig +240, light heavyweight
  • Drew Dober -135 vs. Brad Riddell +115, lightweight
  • Eryk Anders -150 vs. Darren Stewart +125, light heavyweight
  • Joanne Calderwood -140 vs. Lauren Murphy +120, women's flyweight
  • Movsar Evloev -260 vs. Hakeem Dawodu +210, featherweight
  • Pannie Kianzad -220 vs. Alexis Davis +180, women's bantamweight
  • Matt Frevola -200 vs. Frank Camacho +170, lightweight
  • Karol Rosa -195 vs. Sijara Eubanks +165, women's bantamweight
  • Steven Peterson -115 vs. Chase Hooper -105, featherweight
  • Fares Ziam -115 vs. Luigi Vendramini -105, lightweight
  • Carlos Felipe -200 vs. Jake Collier +170, heavyweight
UFC 263 info
  • Date: June 12
  • Start time: 10 p.m. ET (Main card)
  • How to watch: ESPN+ PPV
Ghostrider
Assassin said:

btw - Wiedmans leg break was one of the nastiest things I've ever seen in MMA

Yep, can't believe he is already walking on itgently
Assassin
I like Israel in the fight Saturday but he has several holes in his game, kinda like when folks found out Rhonda Rousey hated getting punched in the face.

I dont think a slower fighter will beat him but he tends to hang his hands. Somebody with leg whips is gonna beat the crap out outta his knees and those hands will be in the wrong place for a front snap kick or a kidney shot
Ghostrider
Assassin said:

I like Israel in the fight Saturday but he has several holes in his game, kinda like when folks found out Rhonda Rousey hated getting punched in the face.

I dont think a slower fighter will beat him but he tends to hang his hands. Somebody with leg whips is gonna beat the crap out outta his knees and those hands will be in the wrong place for a front snap kick or a kidney shot

We'll see. Like A Silva, while young and quick, he has no problem. Plus his length in his weight class is ridiculous.
Assassin
Ghostrider said:

Assassin said:

We'll see. Like A Silva, while young and quick, he has no problem. Plus his length in his weight class is ridiculous.
Silva is a decent comparison, but they are not the same fighter. Speed yes but Silva was a better fighter overall I thinnk
Assassin
Assassin said:

Ghostrider said:

Assassin said:

Silva is a decent comparison, but they are not the same fighter. Speed yes but Silva was a better fighter overall I thinnk
You could see the holes in Israels game last night. If Vittori had got his leg locks in, he would have RNC'd him twice. Also had a great heel hook but didnt control some part of the upper body.

israel doesnt appear to hit as hard as Silva either
Assassin
that was one of the nastiest arm bars that Paul Craig did. Jameel Hill's arm was totally dislocated
Assassin
Huge UFC fight night Saturday

MAIN CARD
UNDERCARD

Picking Dustin over the mouth
Wonderboy over Gilbert Burns - this is one of Stephens last shots if he wants to beat Kamura Usman. Split draw with Tyrone Woodley that everyone said should have gone to Wonderboy
Hardy over Tai
On Facebook at "Memories of...":
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music. Come see us!
Ghostrider
Yep, Stephens is 38, 3 wins in last 5 fights and hasn't beaten a top 5 welterweight in years..he has to win this. Probably his last run for the belt. I think he wins.
Assassin
Ghostrider said:

Yep, Stephens is 38, 3 wins in last 5 fights and hasn't beaten a top 5 welterweight in years..he has to win this. Probably his last run for the belt. I think he wins.
In those two losses, he was winning both (Pettis) one punch got him. He beat the crap out of Stills, Dana White was pissed with that decision
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music. Come see us!
Assassin
Stephen A Smith? Are you kidding? Get that joke off this broadcast.
Assassin
This Moutinho kid it taking everything Sean OMalley has thrown and it's like nothing affects him... This kid came in on short notice and is a taking everything OM has to offer and keeps coming.

Idiot ref called it in the 3rd but Herb Dean called it. Kid was not wobbly, kept coming forward and only 30 seconds left. BADDDDDDDD CALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!

I could see this kid dropping to 125 and being a badasss
Assassin
Hardy got suckered right into walking into a punch. Shows you what lifetime training vs a johnnycomelately training does
Ghostrider
Assassin said:

Ghostrider said:

In those two losses, he was winning both (Pettis) one punch got him. He beat the crap out of Stills, Dana White was pissed with that decision

About to find out. He has a tough matchup in Burns.
Assassin
Ghostrider said:

Assassin said:

Ghostrider said:

About to find out. He has a tough matchup in Burns.
He was 1-1 until this last takedown. He's just tooo long once he is on the ground.

One thing we found our, Burns is a boring fighter.. And back of the head hits to close it out.

29-28 on all three cards.... loudly booed
Ghostrider
I was hoping it would be a 5 rounder being the co-main.
Assassin
Ghostrider said:

I was too.

I am 0-2 on predictions. Just hope Porier beats McMouth. Most overhyped athlete in MMA
Assassin
Just thinking, ref should have taken a point for those 5 back of the head hits by Burns. Would have been 28-28 on all cards draw
Brian Ethridge
Staff
Assassin said:

Ghostrider said:

I was too.

I am 0-2 on predictions. Just hope Porier beats McMouth. Most overhyped athlete in MMA
He's a mouth, but he's pretty damn good and his striking power was/is extraordinary.
Assassin
dumb move by McMouth - jump guillotine? Against Poirer whose fortay is the ground

McGregor is GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONE!
Assassin
Assassin said:

dumb move by McMouth - jump guillotine? Against Poirer whose fortay is the ground

McGregor is GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONE!
McMouth wanted out of that fight so bad that he broke his own leg to avoid getting beat worse
Assassin
McMouth lost a ton of respect when even his most ardent fans heard him calling Poirers girlfriend a 'ho'. Hopefully this is the last we've seen of McOverrated... this generation's Rhonda Rousey
Ghostrider
McGregor is great at hyping a fight, building a huge stage, and being in a ton of people. MMA needs more personalities that can entertain as well.
Assassin
Ghostrider said:

McGregor is great at hyping a fight, building a huge stage, and being in a ton of people. MMA needs more personalities that can entertain as well.
McMouth is 1-3 in his last four fights and hasn't won in the octagon since his 2020 TKO victory over Donald Cerrone at UFC 246. And calling someone's wife a 'ho' on the PPV, doubtful he will be pulling in what he used to
Assassin
Jake Paul sent Poirer this little $100k bauble

Assassin
Great fight on TUF

Ricky Turcios is again just a win away from becoming a UFC fighter.

Team Volkanovski's No. 3 bantamweight pick became the first fighter to advance to The Ultimate Fighter 29 finals, taking a convincing decision in an action-packed scrap with Team Ortega's Liudvik Sholinian (9-1-1)*.
Assassin
Fizeiv vs Bobby Green was a friggin' battle. Fizeiv knocked the crap out of Green but Bobby wouldnt go down. Bobby almost knocked him out in the 3rd. Fight of the night so far. Fizeiv won it
Assassin
nice Darce by Vincente Luque on a very good ground guy in MIcheal Chesea
Assassin
Assassin
Volkanovski, Ortega put on Fight of the Year candidate at UFC 266

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=32282057
UBBY
I think this was 2014. Anybody's thoughts on this match? I hadn't seen this until recently.

Assassin
Ciryl Gane won the UFC interim heavyweight title this past Saturday, dominating Derrick Lewis for over 14 minutes in the main event of UFC 265. I think this guy is good enough to beat Ngannu. He's extremely well rounded, has a great chin.

He absolutely destroyed Rozentruk

10-0, 3 by submission, 4 by knockout and 3 decisions. He is a world champ in WBC Muay Thai heavyweight

He KO'd Junior dos Santos, beat up Rozenstruck on decision, outpointed Alex Volkov and just beat Derrick Lewis for the interim UFC belt

Gane is scheduled to face Francis Ngannou for the UFC Heavyweight Championship on January 22, 2022 at UFC 270
Assassin
Assassin
UFC 267 Main Card
ESPN+, 2 p.m. ET

JAN BLACHOWICZVS.GLOVER TEIXEIRA
for light heavyweight title
Cory Sandhagen vs. Petr Yan
for interim bantamweight title
Dan Hooker vs. Islam Makhachev

Marcin Tybura vs. Alexander Volkov

Khamzat Chimaev vs. Li Jingliang

Magomed Ankalaev vs. Volkan Oezdemir

Preliminary Card
ESPN+, 10:30 a.m. ET
Virna Jandiroba vs. Amanda Ribas

Ricardo Ramos vs. Zubaira Tukhugov

Albert Duraev vs. Roman Kopylov

Benoit Saint-Denis vs. Elizeu Zaleski dos Santos

Shamil Gamzatov vs. Michal Oleksiejczuk

Makwan Amirkhani vs. Lerone Murphy

Andre Petroski vs. Hu Yaozong

Allan Nascimento vs. Tagir Ulanbekov

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.