* * MMA - Boxing

29,086 Views | 445 Replies | Last: 15 days ago by Assassin
Assassin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MemoriesofDallas/
https://memoriesofdallas.org/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/texasfootball
Assassin
How long do you want to ignore this user?


So what does a three time world champion full contact kickboxer as well as two time WAKO World Champtionship gold medalist, who also decided to try boxing and won the IBF World Featherweight and IBF World Super Featherweight decide to do after a lifetime of MA?

He goes back, starts at no-stripe white belt and earns his BB in Brazilian JuJitsui from Travis Lutter.

Congrats to longtime friend Troy Dorsey!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MemoriesofDallas/
https://memoriesofdallas.org/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/texasfootball
Assassin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
UFC 219 main card (Pay-per-view, 10 p.m. ET)
  • Champ Cris Cyborg vs. Holly Holm for women's featherweight title
  • Edson Barboza vs. Khabib Nurmagomedov
  • Marc Diakiese vs. Dan Hooker
  • Cynthia Calvillo vs. Carla Esparza
  • Carlos Condit vs. Neil Magny

UFC 219 preliminary card (FS1, 8 p.m. ET)
  • Michal Oleksiejczuk vs. Khalil Rountree
  • Rick Glenn vs. Myles Jury
  • Omari Akhmedov vs. Marvin Vettori
  • Matheus Nicolau vs. Louis Smolka

UFC 219 preliminary card (UFC Fight Pass, 7:30 p.m. ET)
  • Mark Delarosa vs. Tim Elliott
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MemoriesofDallas/
https://memoriesofdallas.org/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/texasfootball
Assassin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
That power guillotine that Hooker used on Diakiese was vicious. Diakiese tapped immediately. Nothing worse than having your windpipe crushed by a forearm from the front

Khabib Nurmagomedov absolutely obliterated Edson Barbosa. You can see why he's 24-0. Wish that fight with McG would have come off. McGregor would be twisted into a pretzel
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MemoriesofDallas/
https://memoriesofdallas.org/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/texasfootball
Assassin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Cyborg kinda manhandled Holm.

pun intended
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MemoriesofDallas/
https://memoriesofdallas.org/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/texasfootball
Assassin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MemoriesofDallas/
https://memoriesofdallas.org/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/texasfootball
Assassin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sunday Fight Night 124 http://mmajunkie.com/events/ufc-fight-night-124
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MemoriesofDallas/
https://memoriesofdallas.org/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/texasfootball
Assassin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
on now.

Leaning toward Cormier at LHW and Moicic at HW

UFC 220 Quick Card
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MemoriesofDallas/
https://memoriesofdallas.org/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/texasfootball
Assassin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MemoriesofDallas/
https://memoriesofdallas.org/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/texasfootball
Assassin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ouch!

https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/1/30/16945938/cris-cyborg-reacts-ronda-rousey-signing-with-wwe-not-discussing-ufc-losses
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MemoriesofDallas/
https://memoriesofdallas.org/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/texasfootball
Assassin
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Heavyweight champ Miocic (18-2 MMA, 12-2 UFC) and light heavyweight champ Cormier (20-1 MMA, 9-1 UFC) are in the middle of filming for the 27th season of "TUF" before they fight each other this summer. Miocic will put his title on the line against against Cormier in the UFC 226 headliner, which takes place July 7 at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas.

DC used to fight at HW. This should be interesting
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MemoriesofDallas/
https://memoriesofdallas.org/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/texasfootball
hustlenflow
How long do you want to ignore this user?
So Holloway steps in to fight Nurmagomedov on 6 days notice. Winner gets the undisputed lightweight belt even though Ferguson had the interim belt and never lost it. I don't even know why Ferguson's belt was relegated to "interim" status since Conor is no longer competing in MMA as far as we know.

There are more story lines here than there are letters in Nurmagomedov. Of all people to face on 6 days notice, Nurmagomedov has to be one of the last you'd want to face given how lethal his take downs have been. Good for Max, I'm sure the challenge is alluring, but I also bet Dana backed up a truck of money to save this card.

I hope both fighters make weight. I think 1 of the previous 4 Nurmagomedov/Ferguson fights was cancelled because Nurmagomedov couldn't make weight. And I read that Holloway probably has to cut more than 10 pounds.
Assassin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
hustlenflow said:

So Holloway steps in to fight Nurmagomedov on 6 days notice. Winner gets the undisputed lightweight belt even though Ferguson had the interim belt and never lost it. I don't even know why Ferguson's belt was relegated to "interim" status since Conor is no longer competing in MMA as far as we know.

There are more story lines here than there are letters in Nurmagomedov. Of all people to face on 6 days notice, Nurmagomedov has to be one of the last you'd want to face given how lethal his take downs have been. Good for Max, I'm sure the challenge is alluring, but I also bet Dana backed up a truck of money to save this card.

I hope both fighters make weight. I think 1 of the previous 4 Nurmagomedov/Ferguson fights was cancelled because Nurmagomedov couldn't make weight. And I read that Holloway probably has to cut more than 10 pounds.
I've been fed up with McG for years. What a blowhard.

If Holloway can pull out a win, that might be the biggest upset in quite a while. The weight cut, him not training due to ankle injury. Lots of things stacked against him
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MemoriesofDallas/
https://memoriesofdallas.org/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/texasfootball
Assassin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
that co-main should be good too - Jedrzejczyk vs Rose Namajunas for the strawweight
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MemoriesofDallas/
https://memoriesofdallas.org/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/texasfootball
hustlenflow
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Assassin said:

that co-main should be good too - Jedrzejczyk vs Rose Namajunas for the strawweight

Yeah, I hope Rose can do it again. She's so focused and classy. But it's a tall task to beat Joanna twice in a row.

That said, it got me thinking that we've seen fighters who seemed unbeatable - until they lost once. At that point, they became pretty average. Anderson Silva, Rena Baroa, etc. But Joanna is still in her prime, so this is interesting.
hustlenflow
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The Ringer does some pretty good stuff. Here's an interesting one on super heavyweights in MMA:
.
https://www.theringer.com/2018/4/5/17199394/ufc-mma-giants-bob-sapp-brock-lesnar

Videos are pretty entertaining if nothing else.
Assassin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
hustlenflow said:

The Ringer does some pretty good stuff. Here's an interesting one on super heavyweights in MMA:
.
https://www.theringer.com/2018/4/5/17199394/ufc-mma-giants-bob-sapp-brock-lesnar

Videos are pretty entertaining if nothing else.
Funny you should post that. The Heath Herring mentioned that beat that 7'2 guy is a Waco kid
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MemoriesofDallas/
https://memoriesofdallas.org/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/texasfootball
Assassin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Conor McGregor reportedly facing at least three charges
April 5, 2018
by Larry Brown

Conor McGregor is facing multiple charges for his antics on Thursday.
McGregor surrendered to authorities in New York after damaging a bus, which caused injuries to several UFC workers inside Barclays Center in Brooklyn. According to MMA broadcaster Mike Straka, McGregor is facing at least three charges, including:
criminal mischief felony for damaging the bus
Assault 3 misdemeanor for someone who claims he was punched
Assault 3 reckless for injuring Michael Chiesa through the bus window

McGregor and his associates gained access to a UFC 223 media event at Barclays Center and then located a bus loaded with UFC fighters and other workers in a loading dock. They attacked the bus, with video showing McGregor launching an object at the bus. One video shows the bus windshield being cracked.
Three UFC 223 fights have been altered as a result of the attack, with two fighters being pulled due to injuries from McGregor's behavior. McGregor and his associates have been banned from attending Friday's weigh-in as well as Saturday's fights.
The criminal behavior displayed by McGregor will likely cost him thousands in fines and perhaps millions in legal settlements with the victims affected by his actions.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MemoriesofDallas/
https://memoriesofdallas.org/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/texasfootball
Assassin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MemoriesofDallas/
https://memoriesofdallas.org/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/texasfootball
Assassin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Assassin said:

hustlenflow said:

So Holloway steps in to fight Nurmagomedov on 6 days notice. Winner gets the undisputed lightweight belt even though Ferguson had the interim belt and never lost it. I don't even know why Ferguson's belt was relegated to "interim" status since Conor is no longer competing in MMA as far as we know.

There are more story lines here than there are letters in Nurmagomedov. Of all people to face on 6 days notice, Nurmagomedov has to be one of the last you'd want to face given how lethal his take downs have been. Good for Max, I'm sure the challenge is alluring, but I also bet Dana backed up a truck of money to save this card.

I hope both fighters make weight. I think 1 of the previous 4 Nurmagomedov/Ferguson fights was cancelled because Nurmagomedov couldn't make weight. And I read that Holloway probably has to cut more than 10 pounds.
I've been fed up with McG for years. What a blowhard.

If Holloway can pull out a win, that might be the biggest upset in quite a while. The weight cut, him not training due to ankle injury. Lots of things stacked against him
Holloway out.

Cant make weight.

Medical rules him unfit to fight

Al Inquinta in. Was going to fight Paul Felder - now Khabibs opponent in the main event
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MemoriesofDallas/
https://memoriesofdallas.org/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/texasfootball
Assassin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Darren Till is thankful Stephen Thompson agreed to fight him in May's UFC Fight Night 130 headliner. However, he insists the former UFC title challenger has made a grave error in judgement.

After pleading for a big-name opponent, Till (16-0-1 MMA, 4-0-1 UFC) will get the opportunity he'd wanted against Thompson (14-2-1 MMA, 9-2-1 UFC). Their welterweight bout headlines UFC Fight Night 130 on May 27, which will go down at Echo Arena in Till's hometown of Liverpool, England, and air on FS1 following early prelims on UFC Fight Pass.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MemoriesofDallas/
https://memoriesofdallas.org/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/texasfootball
Assassin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
hustle - going to the Sports Hall of Fame over at Baylor Saturday night. I'll be back for the later fights
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MemoriesofDallas/
https://memoriesofdallas.org/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/texasfootball
Assassin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
did not expect Rose to take out Joanna again. Thought it was 2-2 going into the 5th. Thought the last takedown did it for her.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MemoriesofDallas/
https://memoriesofdallas.org/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/texasfootball
Assassin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
    Khabib absolutely demolished Iaquinta. Not sure if I've seen such a lopsided 5 rounder. Judges felt the same way. Lots of 10-8 rounds (50-44, 50-43, 50-43)
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MemoriesofDallas/
https://memoriesofdallas.org/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/texasfootball
hustlenflow
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Assassin said:


I guess I shouldn't be surprised, but the UFC is going to use this incident to "promote" the UFC.

https://www.mmamania.com/2018/4/6/17208796/ufc-223-embedded-video-blog-ep-5-conor-mcgregor-vs-the-bus-mma-brooklyn-khabib-iaquinta

I am really disgusted by this. It is disrespectful to everybody who was impacted by his selfish, criminal actions and to the sport itself. To think New York just recently decided to sanction MMA. This incident illustrates exactly what the naysayers think of MMA. In truth, most of the fighters have immense respect for one another and view MMA as an athletic competition. Conor has no respect for anybody or anything. I know the UFC will make a lot of money in the short term promoting another fight of his, but I think this approach is going to damage the brand and could inhibit the growth of the sport.
hustlenflow
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Assassin said:

    Khabib absolutely demolished Iaquinta. Not sure if I've seen such a lopsided 5 rounder. Judges felt the same way. Lots of 10-8 rounds (50-44, 50-43, 50-43)

Strangest main event ever? After hearing his interviews, Khabib has kind of won me over. He is compelling. I hope they find someone who can really challenge him. UFC may have no choice but to book Ferguson for the 5th time. I'm sure they will want to book Conor, but he may be in jail or wish that he was. Seems like a nightmare match up for the felon, doesn't it?
hustlenflow
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Assassin said:

did not expect Rose to take out Joanna again. Thought it was 2-2 going into the 5th. Thought the last takedown did it for her.
I didn't either, but I'm very happy about it. She exudes class.
Assassin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
hustlenflow said:

Assassin said:


I guess I shouldn't be surprised, but the UFC is going to use this incident to "promote" the UFC.

https://www.mmamania.com/2018/4/6/17208796/ufc-223-embedded-video-blog-ep-5-conor-mcgregor-vs-the-bus-mma-brooklyn-khabib-iaquinta

I am really disgusted by this. It is disrespectful to everybody who was impacted by his selfish, criminal actions and to the sport itself. To think New York just recently decided to sanction MMA. This incident illustrates exactly what the naysayers think of MMA. In truth, most of the fighters have immense respect for one another and view MMA as an athletic competition. Conor has no respect for anybody or anything. I know the UFC will make a lot of money in the short term promoting another fight of his, but I think this approach is going to damage the brand and could inhibit the growth of the sport.
It will. Some of the stuff if bad enough - while the short term may get McGregor some fans, the UFC will lose int the long run
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MemoriesofDallas/
https://memoriesofdallas.org/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/texasfootball
Assassin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
hustlenflow said:

Assassin said:

    Khabib absolutely demolished Iaquinta. Not sure if I've seen such a lopsided 5 rounder. Judges felt the same way. Lots of 10-8 rounds (50-44, 50-43, 50-43)

Strangest main event ever? After hearing his interviews, Khabib has kind of won me over. He is compelling. I hope they find someone who can really challenge him. UFC may have no choice but to book Ferguson for the 5th time. I'm sure they will want to book Conor, but he may be in jail or wish that he was. Seems like a nightmare match up for the felon, doesn't it?
yep. Khabib seems to be a nice kid. But that Atilla the Hun hat is just weird!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MemoriesofDallas/
https://memoriesofdallas.org/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/texasfootball
Assassin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
remember this?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/MemoriesofDallas/
https://memoriesofdallas.org/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/texasfootball
Assassin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Lyoto send Belfort into retirement, footfirst...
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MemoriesofDallas/
https://memoriesofdallas.org/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/texasfootball
Assassin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Nunes broke the crap out of Penningtons nose. Looked like she turned on a blood faucet
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MemoriesofDallas/
https://memoriesofdallas.org/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/texasfootball
IslandBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Assassin said:

Nunes broke the crap out of Penningtons nose. Looked like she turned on a blood faucetPen
Does Pennington's corner have a comprehension problem? She threw in the towel. "I'm done" means "no mas". Her nose was already broken by the end of the 4th. Had something more tragic happened when they coerced her into the 5th ... She needs to dump these guys. I guess there wasn't enough carnage for the ref to step in during the 5th and stop the fight?
Assassin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
IslandBear said:

Assassin said:

Nunes broke the crap out of Penningtons nose. Looked like she turned on a blood faucetPen
Does Pennington's corner have a comprehension problem? She threw in the towel. "I'm done" means "no mas". Her nose was already broken by the end of the 4th. Had something more tragic happened when they coerced her into the 5th ... She needs to dump these guys. I guess there wasn't enough carnage for the ref to step in during the 5th and stop the fight?
that was just nasty. You knew her nose was shot. You could see it sitting funny. Any cut man in their right mind would know what could happen. all it would take would be one shot now to send bone into the orbital and blind her or even worse, into the brain.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MemoriesofDallas/
https://memoriesofdallas.org/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/texasfootball
Assassin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
my buddy Stephen is fighting Sunday - prelims start in the AM;

http://www.ufc.com/event/fight-night-liverpool-2018
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MemoriesofDallas/
https://memoriesofdallas.org/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/texasfootball
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.