* * MMA - Boxing

51,599 Views | 466 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Assassin
Assassin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Mayweather is 49-0 (26 KO); 43% connect percentage according to @CompuBox (best among active fighters).
On Facebook at "Memories of...":
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music. Come see us!
Assassin
Conor McGregor has put 63 percent of his landed "boxing" punches in UFC fights to the right side of opponents' head, and right side of the head is where opponents have put greatest percentage of landed punches in Floyd Mayweather's last five fights.
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music. Come see us!
Assassin
Assassin
getting ready for the big one
BearInBigD
Assassin said:

getting ready for the big one
Any non PPV stream for this one? Cell phone live streaming? Lol, too late for me to drive to a bar to watch.
Assassin
plsy by play from Sherdog http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Conor-McGregor-vs-Floyd-Mayweather-PlaybyPlay-Results-RoundbyRound-Scoring-126307
Assassin
that Davis vs Fonseca was weird. Still not quite sure what happened

Davis cracks his foe with a nice left to begin the frame and then the two go toe-to-toe. Fonseca is hit by a punch to the back of the head and and is pushed to his knees. Mora, right on cue in missing the blatant foul, deeds to rules it a knockdown and counts Fonseca out.

Read more at http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Conor-McGregor-vs-Floyd-Mayweather-PlaybyPlay-Results-RoundbyRound-Scoring-126307#tQwqEJTVrRZVhg7P.99
Assassin
Assassin said:

that Davis vs Fonseca was weird. Still not quite sure what happened

Davis cracks his foe with a nice left to begin the frame and then the two go toe-to-toe. Fonseca is hit by a punch to the back of the head and and is pushed to his knees. Mora, right on cue in missing the blatant foul, deeds to rules it a knockdown and counts Fonseca out.

Read more at http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Conor-McGregor-vs-Floyd-Mayweather-PlaybyPlay-Results-RoundbyRound-Scoring-126307#tQwqEJTVrRZVhg7P.99
Assassin
Demi Lovato kinda sucked on the national anthem. really bad
Assassin
Assassin
that ref never looked at Mayweather. he was preaching directly at McG
Assassin
nice uppercut by McG. surprising
Assassin
McGs arms are already starting to show a bit tired - at the end of the 2nd
Assassin
very impressed by McG. My book says he's up 3-0 so far

BUT - he keeps trying to hit Mayweather in the head with hammer fists in the clench
Assassin
End of 4. Mayweathers best round but I think McG still takes it. Up 4-0 but hes getting arm weary
BearForce
Assassin said:

End of 4. Mayweathers best round but I think McG still takes it. Up 4-0 but hes getting arm weary

The 4-letter judge has it 2-2 FYI
Assassin
End of 5. I might have to stay with McG. Up 5-0

But hes not getting much on his punches anyjmore
BearForce
Assassin said:

End of 5. I might have to stay with McG. Up 5-0

But hes not getting much on his punches anyjmore

3-2 Maryweather per 4-letter
Assassin
Mayweather round. McG up 5-1
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

no way Mayweather won any of those early rounds
BearForce
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

no way Mayweather won any of those early rounds

I did say it was the 4-letter
Assassin
Pretty much what I predicted. McGs not having 'boxing habits' ok keeping his arms close, shoulders in, hands high are coming back at him.
Assassin
I dont see how McG can win at this point. He doesnt know how to hit hard this far in, he cant cheat with hammer fists which is what he can do in MMA

But he's really impressed me. As much as I hate to say it...
Assassin
mayweather pouring it on. I have it at 5-4.

McG needs to unload. Everything hes got. Also, Mayweather seems to have been hurt most on the body shots. maybe thats they way to go
Assassin
thats it. ref calls it in the 10th. Mayweather takes it

Not sure this is much of a win for boxing...

Not sure it was any kind of loss for MMA...
Assassin
Assassin said:

Thats one hell of a lot of deluded people. McG's tough in the Octagon but a boxing ring is totally different. Not sure if Mayweather will push the offense, he's become a defensive point fighter in the last decade with only 1 KO. But if I was Mayweather, I might consider pushing McG into a corner and making him fight a defensive fight. McG has been known to get tired arms. Good boxers can go 12 full rounds without getting tired arms and Mayweathers much better than good
I had the right idea. Didnt expect Mayweather to let McG hit him so often early - and drive him backwards.

IMO - McG did better than I expected but proved that you simply cant jump into a new sport and expect to be great in it. Would be surprised if he ever does well in boxing due to his MMA habits. Shoulders wide, punches thrown from the wide stance. Boxers keep their shoulders narrow to defend against the inside and get the power from the floor up.

And it would be really hard for any MMA guy to switch off his learned habits and - get and keep new repetitive muscle memory for the later rounds. When you get tired, all that stuff reverts to what you know. We saw that last night.

As for boxing. This bout shows what a dirty sport it has become. Conor was up either 5-4 or 4-5 on most cards but at the time of the stoppage, Mayweather led 89-82, 89-81 and 87-83 on the judges' scorecards. Boxing was not about to let a non-boxer win. The only way McG would have won would be a full KO with a 50 count.
Assassin
Stephen Thompson

@WonderboyMMA
Props to McGregor for what he showed tonight against one of the best ever! He's a #martialartist and an amazing competitor! #MayMac
11:59 PM - Aug 26, 2017
Assassin
From back in the day... this is how you saw "PPV" fights;

the Waco Theater is now the Hippodrome
Assassin
Assassin
"The Ultimate Fighter 26: A New World Champion" UFC opens up a new 125lb belt, flyweight division for the gals.

Not a huge fan of the gals fighting MMA.. Most of them are pretty bad. The epsiode 1 winner was Roxanne Modafferi. If you saw her a couple of years ago on TUF, she was absolutely horrible. Probably one of the weakest fighters strengthwise I've ever seen

We'll see how this pans out. I'll give it a shot
Assassin
Shevchenko got screwed at UFC 215 last night. Split decision loss to Nunes. Nunes barely hit her the whole night while Shevchenko consistently smashed Nunes in the face. A late takedown may have done in when Shevchenko inadvisingly went for a head toss that Nunes reversed. Even then, Nunes did nothing from the top while Shevchenko was hitting her from the ground. Official scorecards had Nunes defending her belt by winning a split decision, with the scores of 48-47 twice, and 47-48 the other way for Shevchenko. Judge Sal D'Amato gave Nunes rounds 1, 3 and 5, and judge David Therjen gave her rounds 1, 2 and 5. The only one to score it for Shevchenko was judge Tony Weeks, who gave her rounds 2, 3, and 5. Thats some strange stuff. I only had Nunes winning rd 1 - which was Valentinas plan, to tire her.

Very bad decision. Again. Thats twice she's lost to Nunes on bad calls.

Dos Anjos destroyed Magny. Neil slipped to start the fight and that was about it. Dos Anjos is like a bad case of acne. You cant get rid of him once hes on top. Moving up from 155 to 170 may be the best move of his career.

Henry Cejudo looked really good. Had my doubts about him after he coached TUF. Looked very soft and not driven. The Henry from last night looked cut and sharp TKO'ng a tough kid, Wilson Reis.

Jeremy Stephens destroyed Gilbert Melendez left leg. Gil had to be talked off the stool to start the fifth. Stephens felt so bad for Gilbert that he actually asked the ref to stop the fight. Ref didnt and Jeremy took the decision.
Assassin
UFC FIGHT NIGHT: ROCKHOLD VS. BRANCH
SEPTEMBER 16, 2017 PPG PAINTS ARENA, PITTSBURGH, PENNSYLVANIA, UNITED STATES FS1 PRELIMS 8PM/5PM ET/PT, FS1 MAIN CARD 10PM/7PM ET/PT

MAIN CARD
Luke Rockhold vs. David Branch
Mike Perry vs. Alex Reyes
Hector Lombard vs. Anthony Smith
Gregor Gillespie vs. Jason Gonzalez
Kamaru Usman vs. Sergio Moraes
Justin Ledet vs. Azunna Anyanwu

UNDERCARD
Tony Martin vs. Olivier Aubin-Mercier
Anthony Hamilton vs. Daniel Spitz
Krzysztof Jotko vs. Uriah Hall
Gilbert Burns vs. Jason Saggo
Assassin

tonights Fight Night in Japan

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/9/22/16352368/ufc-fight-night-117-saint-preux-vs-okami-live-streaming-results-discussion-play-by-play-japan-mma
Assassin
hilarious - 4 year old tries his hand (foot) at board breaking

https://www.facebook.com/NTDTelevision/videos/2219033881472043/?hc_ref=ARR4RaDvE8HEmp3cW--Vy-mU5_UhELW1_50VGtugz1nYMZ4KXVJX6pdoQEndYIpkGmw&pnref=story
Assassin
UFC 216: FERGUSON VS. LEE

OCTOBER 7, 2017 T-MOBILE ARENA, LAS VEGAS, NEVADA, UNITED STATES UFC FIGHT PASS EARLY PRELIMS 6:30PM/3:30PM ETPT, FX PRELIMS 8PM/5PM ETPT, PPV MAIN CARD 10PM/7PM ETPT

MAIN CARD
UNDERCARD

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.