Twitter now belongs to Musk

21,521 Views | 398 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Redbrickbear
ATL Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The fact that Twitter Files #7 and #8 are not getting more traction publicly is disturbing. It doesn't matter what your political stripe is, everyone should be concerned about the type of manipulation and propaganda effort that was pushed by law enforcement, the military and the intelligence community. Furthermore, they were leaning into Twitter execs to do these activities.
4th and Inches
ATL Bear said:

The fact that Twitter Files #7 and #8 are not getting more traction publicly is disturbing. It doesn't matter what your political stripe is, everyone should be concerned about the type of manipulation and propaganda effort that was pushed by law enforcement, the military and the intelligence community. Furthermore, they were leaning into Twitter execs to do these activities.
people are not seeing them.. main stream media isnt reporting it or is slanting a tiny bit of reporting saying its all right wing extremism..

Journalism is dead.. long live propaganda
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
ATL Bear
4th and Inches said:

ATL Bear said:

people are not seeing them.. main stream media isnt reporting it or is slanting a tiny bit of reporting saying its all right wing extremism..

Honestly, I thought several of the earlier releases were mostly "nothing burgers". Sure there was some internal biases, but as much as I may not like it, companies are free to operate to their own standards. But the 7 and 8 releases show actual government agencies and actors coordinating information campaigns and suppression for domestic and foreign influence ops. That's frightening.
4th and Inches
ATL Bear said:

4th and Inches said:

ATL Bear said:

Honestly, I thought several of the earlier releases were mostly "nothing burgers". Sure there was some internal biases, but as much as I may not like it, companies are free to operate to their own standards. But the 7 and 8 releases show actual government agencies and actors coordinating information campaigns and suppression for domestic and foreign influence ops. That's frightening.
and they are all doing it, not just Twitter..
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
WacoKelly83
Jacques Strap
ATL Bear said:

4th and Inches said:

ATL Bear said:

ATL Bear
Jacques Strap said:

ATL Bear said:

4th and Inches said:

ATL Bear said:

Oof.. Interested to see the follow up to this one with the scientists who they shut down.
LIB,MR BEARS
uhhhh…. debunked????
Redbrickbear
Wrecks Quan Dough
Redbrickbear said:

"Whosoever acting under color of law...."
Redbrickbear
Redbrickbear
Harrison Bergeron
For those of you that do not understand the definition of fascism this is it ^^^.
Doc Holliday
Harrison Bergeron said:

For those of you that do not understand the definition of fascism this is it ^^^.
They have a hard time understanding it because real fascism is popularized and glorified as moral purity.
HuMcK
Y'all still pretending to care about this stuff?
quash
ATL Bear said:

4th and Inches said:

ATL Bear said:

This isn't new. May explain why it isn't news. Americans have shown for decades they don't give a **** about this. When I talk about examples over the years on this board I mostly get ignored. Had I couched it in jersey colors I could have played it for likes, but the truth of the matter is that both teams do it.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Doc Holliday
quash said:

ATL Bear said:

4th and Inches said:

ATL Bear said:

This isn't new. May explain why it isn't news. Americans have shown for decades they don't give a **** about this. When I talk about examples over the years on this board I mostly get ignored. Had I couched it in jersey colors I could have played it for likes, but the truth of the matter is that both teams do it.

There no actual teams. It's a uniparty.
Oldbear83
Doc Holliday said:

quash said:

ATL Bear said:

4th and Inches said:

ATL Bear said:

"Oceania has always been at war with EastAsia."

- Orwell, 1984
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
ATL Bear
quash said:

ATL Bear said:

4th and Inches said:

ATL Bear said:

Don't disagree that both sides do it, but social media has provided a mass communication and manipulation platform not seen in the past. CREEP had to write fake letters, and State and CIA would drop stories into The NY Times or "encourage" stories to be sat on. The web enabled quicker dissemination, but it was still somewhat disbursed to silos. The viral nature of SM is a hyper channel, and its concentration among a few players compounds the concern and ease of control.
Harrison Bergeron
ATL Bear said:

quash said:

ATL Bear said:

4th and Inches said:

ATL Bear said:

Don't disagree that both sides do it, but social media has provided a mass communication and manipulation platform not seen in the past. CREEP had to write fake letters, and State and CIA would drop stories into The NY Times or "encourage" stories to be sat on. The web enabled quicker dissemination, but it was still somewhat disbursed to silos. The viral nature of SM is a hyper channel, and its concentration among a few players compounds the concern and ease of control.
The big difference is we used to have journos that were inherently suspicious of government and saw themselves as "speaking truth to power." Now they are partners with the powerful. Yes they were always Democratic propagandists, but there were some things they would not tolerate. Now most journos are just part of S.P.E.C.T.R.E.
quash
ATL Bear said:

quash said:

ATL Bear said:

4th and Inches said:

ATL Bear said:

More of a distinction without a difference. And I disagree with the notion of a few players. We have the ability to curate our news; if some people choose one or two sources it's not that different from one network and a daily newspaper.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Harrison Bergeron
So did all the authoritarian snowflakes butthurt over more speech come back or are they still crying?
quash
Harrison Bergeron said:

So did all the authoritarian snowflakes butthurt over more speech come back or are they still crying?

Hard to say. My routine reply to the Big Goodbyes was "My Twitter experience has not changed" which got me blocked by a bunch. So, if they came back I couldn't tell.

My FYP-type feed has massively improved.
Redbrickbear
Doc Holliday said:

quash said:

ATL Bear said:

4th and Inches said:

ATL Bear said:

There are factions within the elite of the USA...but they just don't differ that much.

The war in Ukraine, government spending, and mass immigration are good examples of the general elite consensus.

A two party system is never going to offer the average voter much choice.
Redbrickbear
nein51
The playform needs some more systems people. It works…mostly…most of the time. But there are all sorts of issues on a daily basis now.
quash
nein51 said:

The playform needs some more systems people. It works…mostly…most of the time. But there are all sorts of issues on a daily basis now.

As I tell my liberafrieds who fled Twitter, my experience has not changed.
nein51
quash said:

nein51 said:

I assume you're not a user lol.

As a frequent user I can tell you there are definitely issues. I still enjoy the platform
quash
nein51 said:

quash said:

nein51 said:

As a frequent user I can tell you there are definitely issues. I still enjoy the platform

Not sure how you define user. Is this a No True Scotsman flex?
nein51
quash said:

nein51 said:

quash said:

nein51 said:

I have no idea. Simply put there are definitely issues with the platform at current (DMs were inop for like 2-3 days, for example).

I pay for Twitter Blue and some of those features don't seem to work at all.
quash
nein51 said:

quash said:

nein51 said:

quash said:

nein51 said:

I have no idea. Simply put there are definitely issues with the platform at current (DMs were inop for like 2-3 days, for example).

I'm a user.
LIB,MR BEARS
quash said:

nein51 said:

quash said:

nein51 said:

quash said:

nein51 said:

I'm a user.

Hello, quash.

oh wait. Wrong meeting
Cobretti
Jack Bauer
Redbrickbear
Jack Bauer said:

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.