Twitter now belongs to Musk

24,115 Views | 398 Replies | Last: 7 mo ago by Redbrickbear
whitetrash
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Jack Bauer said:

Libs suddenly xenophobic, anti-immigrant bigots!!!

That's because he is neither tired, nor poor, nor a huddled mass or wretched refuse.
LIB,MR BEARS
I'm pretty sure most leftist would describe Musk as wretched refuse
Oldbear83
LIB,MR BEARS said:

No, they would be sure to use profanity, not poetry, when describing him.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
nein51
LIB,MR BEARS said:

He was their boy until he wised up. He was on their side until a Democratic politician called him out for "not paying his fair share of taxes" directly after he paid more taxes than any person in US history.
Harrison Bergeron
One of the craziest stories in a crazy story world is how the authoritarians are freaking out against free speech and diversity.
Jack Bauer
Right on cue...

nein51
NPR post Trump has been worthless. I used to LOVE some of their programming but after trump was elected it's like they collectively lost their minds. He could have said the sky was blue and they would have run an article on why it's not really blue. It was weird and you could absolutely tell if you were a regular listener.
4th and Inches
nein51 said:

NPR post Trump has been worthless. I used to LOVE some of their programming but after trump was elected it's like they collectively lost their minds. He could have said the sky was blue and they would have run an article on why it's not really blue. It was weird and you could absolutely tell if you were a regular listener.
NPR- nothing politically right..
Adopt-a-Bear 2024

#90 COOPER LANZ ( DL )
CLASS Junior
HT/WT 6' 3", 288 lbs

#50 KAIAN ROBERTS-DAY ( DL )
CLASS Sophomore
HT/WT 6' 3", 273 lbs
whitetrash
4th and Inches said:

nein51 said:

or National Proletariat Re-education
nein51
4th and Inches said:

nein51 said:

They were always left of center but I thought they had some excellent programming. If you have a scale starting at 0 and going out by 1s to 10 in either direction I always thought they were about 3.5 left. Post trump they are pegged at 10 and if the scale went further they would be further left.
HuMcK
This week Twitter has: banned the accounts that posted his flight logs and the person who operated it (despite a specific and explicit promise not to do that), started kicking Ukrainian users off the platform by breaking mfa (ongoing for days so it's not a mistake), and started randomly banning journalist accounts for seemingly no given reason. So much for that whole free speech thing...

What's wild about it is, the timing sure makes it seem like these changes are the result of Musk getting his insulating bubble of ass-kissing popped when he got booed on stage next to Dave Chappelle.
LIB,MR BEARS
HuMcK said:

This week Twitter has: banned the accounts that posted his flight logs and the person who operated it (despite a specific and explicit promise not to do that), started kicking Ukrainian users off the platform by breaking mfa (ongoing for days so it's not a mistake), and started randomly banning journalist accounts for seemingly no given reason. So much for that whole free speech thing...

What's wild about it is, the timing sure makes it seem like these changes are the result of Musk getting his insulating bubble of ass-kissing popped when he got booed on stage next to Dave Chappelle.
do you see this as a bad thing?
HuMcK
LIB,MR BEARS said:

HuMcK said:

Do you not? He explicitly said the jet tracker could stay, then changed his mind. And the targeting of Ukrainian accounts, after publicly supporting Putin's wishes, is suspicious as hell.

All the high minded talk about free speech and being objective turned out to be pure bullsht. It's his company to do with as he wishes, but I don't understand the unwillingness to at least recognize he lied about it. Frankly, I don't understand the conservative adoration of thin skinned, egotistical billionaires. And I don't want to hear any more whiny rants about Hunter Biden, Musk's actions this week alone make that episode look quaint in comparison.
4th and Inches
He said a delayed jet tracker could stay not a live point GPS tracker. Also, the Live Point GPS tracker is against FAA policy but here we are.

Anybody who questions that doesn't understand that there are in fact GPS coordinates targeting systems on weapons and could be used. It is a good move on his part and you should applaud it.
Adopt-a-Bear 2024

#90 COOPER LANZ ( DL )
CLASS Junior
HT/WT 6' 3", 288 lbs

CLASS Sophomore
HT/WT 6' 3", 273 lbs
Jack Bauer
Bwah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GrowlTowel
HuMcK said:

Private company, right?
LIB,MR BEARS
HuMcK said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

HuMcK said:

Do you not? He explicitly said the jet tracker could stay, then changed his mind. And the targeting of Ukrainian accounts, after publicly supporting Putin's wishes, is suspicious as hell.

All the high minded talk about free speech and being objective turned out to be pure bullsht. It's his company to do with as he wishes, but I don't understand the unwillingness to at least recognize he lied about it. Frankly, I don't understand the conservative adoration of thin skinned, egotistical billionaires. And I don't want to hear any more whiny rants about Hunter Biden, Musk's actions this week alone make that episode look quaint in comparison.
I ask because it's funny.

Liberals accuse him of being a hypocrite while they kept their mouths shut when conservatives were being banned.

Thanks for answering my question. I've got one more: do you think hypocrisy is a two-way street?
HuMcK
LIB,MR BEARS said:

HuMcK said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

HuMcK said:

Liberals accuse him of being a hypocrite while they kept their mouths shut when conservatives were being banned.

Thanks for answering my question. I've got one more: do you think hypocrisy is a two-way street?

I think it makes the whining about the Hunter Biden story look like it was done in extremely bad faith, and it makes me question why anyone should be exoected to entertain such obviously dishonest stuff in the future.
Oldbear83
I started laughing when he tried to sell Hunter Biden as relatively innocent ...
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
LIB,MR BEARS
HuMcK said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

HuMcK said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

HuMcK said:

I think it makes the whining about the Hunter Biden story look like it was done in extremely bad faith, and it makes me question why anyone should be exoected to entertain such obviously dishonest stuff in the future.
I must be pretty dense. Did you say hypocrisy is a two-way street or not?

Type slow for me please.
LIB,MR BEARS
HuMcK said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

HuMcK said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

HuMcK said:

HuMcK
So just to he clear, you support what is happening, yes? You supported it then, and you support it now? Or do you only support it now, and not then?
4th and Inches

Yall said it would fail after he fired 75% of the employees yet here we are with people screaming to get back on the platform.. which is alive and well.

Where are you on this platform saying that you denounce the fact that they were silencing conservatives? Because here you're protesting now that they're silencing people on your side. You claim him to be hypocritical but you seem so yourself.
Adopt-a-Bear 2024

#90 COOPER LANZ ( DL )
CLASS Junior
HT/WT 6' 3", 288 lbs

CLASS Sophomore
HT/WT 6' 3", 273 lbs
LIB,MR BEARS
HuMcK said:

So just to he clear, you support what is happening, yes? You supported it then, and you support it now? Or do you only support it now, and not then?
I asked you first
nein51
For clarity he took a poll. People said they should be unsuspended and he lifted their ban. I don't agree with a lot of what he does but it is his platform to do as he chooses (just like it was before he owned it).

4th and Inches
nein51 said:

For clarity he took a poll. People said they should be unsuspended and he lifted their ban. I don't agree with a lot of what he does but it is his platform to do as he chooses (just like it was before he owned it).

far better treatment than hundreds of conservative Accounts got before he purchased Twitter
Adopt-a-Bear 2024

#90 COOPER LANZ ( DL )
CLASS Junior
HT/WT 6' 3", 288 lbs

CLASS Sophomore
HT/WT 6' 3", 273 lbs
4th and Inches
If what Elon did was so wrong, why did NBC News suspend "reporter" Ben Collins for a breach of its editorial standards regarding his attacks of Elon Musk?

Because those guys that got suspended messed up. We all know it
Adopt-a-Bear 2024

#90 COOPER LANZ ( DL )
CLASS Junior
HT/WT 6' 3", 288 lbs

CLASS Sophomore
HT/WT 6' 3", 273 lbs
boognish_bear
boognish_bear
Doc Holliday
Doc Holliday
HuMcK said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

HuMcK said:

Doxxing in this case refers to giving people's real-time location, not speculating about publicly available flight information.

There's a huge difference in posting flight logs vs real time location. They posted real time location.

He banned them for 7 days and now he's unbanned them early after taking a poll.

My problem with your view on this is you didn't say a damn thing when dems, left wing media and the intel community policed the living hell out of twitter.

I think deep down you know the left has a monopoly on controlling information and you love it.

Just today this was released:

The FBI was PAYING twitter with OUR tax dollars for access to users accts, requesting that accts be suspended and/or censored.
Harrison Bergeron
Doc Holliday said:

HuMcK said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

HuMcK said:

Doxxing in this case refers to giving people's real-time location, not speculating about publicly available flight information.

There's a huge difference in posting flight logs vs real time location. They posted real time location.

My problem with your view on this is you didn't say a damn thing when dems, left wing media and the intel community policed the living hell out of twitter.

I think deep down you know the left has a monopoly on controlling information and you love it.

The FBI was PAYING twitter with OUR tax dollars for access to users accts, requesting that accts be suspended and/or censored.
The fact that story is being largely ignored is insane. The FBI actively involved in politics and censorship.
Doc Holliday
Harrison Bergeron said:

Doc Holliday said:

HuMcK said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

HuMcK said:

The fact that story is being largely ignored is insane. The FBI actively involved in politics and censorship.
Its insane, but expected. They all know what's going on and covering it jeopardizes their ability to control information.
Cobretti
boognish_bear said:

boognish_bear

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.