210,171 Views | 4702 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by Redbrickbear
J.R.
How long do you want to ignore this user?
historian said:

Almost anyone not on the Left would be better than Obama or Biden since they have a record mostly of disaster, and always blaming their mistakes on someone out of power. For Biden the record is 100% disaster: Bidenflation, border invasion, Afghanistan, his war on women and children, endless corruption, lies, & incompetence, etc.

At least Trump had some actual accomplishments: tax cuts, growing economy (despite covid), no new wars, relative international stability, forcing NATO countries to pay for their own defense, relative peace in the Middle East, Abraham Accords, progress on controlling the border, etc.

It's a very sharp contrast. Obama & Biden each had numerous scandals (remember Fast & Furious?) while all Trump has are idiotic fake scandals since disproven. For example, the Russian collusion hoax was an obvious lie from the beginning. The only people who collided were all the Leftists with their fraud, lies, & cover ups. Many of them belong in jail including Barack, Hillary, & Bill. The "fake" impeachment was over a diplomatic phone call! Presidents have been doing that kind of thing almost since it was invented.

And I don't even like Trump!!
oh, mr. history. You forgot that Trump managed to lose the Presidency , House and Senate and was impeached 2 times. Now under 40 something criminal indictments. Yeah. He is awesome.
boognish_bear
KaiBear
Romney might be the biggest 'what if ' in the last 50 years of US presidential politics. Suspect he would have done an outstanding job.

Unfortunately too many Americans bought into the 'novelty' of a half black president.
KaiBear
J.R. said:

historian said:

Almost anyone not on the Left would be better than Obama or Biden since they have a record mostly of disaster, and always blaming their mistakes on someone out of power. For Biden the record is 100% disaster: Bidenflation, border invasion, Afghanistan, his war on women and children, endless corruption, lies, & incompetence, etc.

At least Trump had some actual accomplishments: tax cuts, growing economy (despite covid), no new wars, relative international stability, forcing NATO countries to pay for their own defense, relative peace in the Middle East, Abraham Accords, progress on controlling the border, etc.

It's a very sharp contrast. Obama & Biden each had numerous scandals (remember Fast & Furious?) while all Trump has are idiotic fake scandals since disproven. For example, the Russian collusion hoax was an obvious lie from the beginning. The only people who collided were all the Leftists with their fraud, lies, & cover ups. Many of them belong in jail including Barack, Hillary, & Bill. The "fake" impeachment was over a diplomatic phone call! Presidents have been doing that kind of thing almost since it was invented.

And I don't even like Trump!!
oh, mr. history. You forgot that Trump managed to lose the Presidency , House and Senate and was impeached 2 times. Now under 40 something criminal indictments. Yeah. He is awesome.

Fair enough.

A. But which US president could have been re elected in the throes of the worst epidemic in US history ?
B. Both impeachments were flagrantly political as you are certainly aware .
C. Again these 'indictments' are totally political. More like a Stalin era show trial than any else.

I don't ' like ' Trump any more than you do.

But no President has been so obviously and persistently persecuted by the opposition party in US history.

And it sets a horrible precedent for the future.
Redbrickbear
J.R. said:

Redbrickbear said:

KaiBear said:

historian said:

That strategy worked well for Romney.
Romney would have made a far better president than Obama , Trump or Biden .

Obama and Biden? Yes

Trump? No

Romney would have caved on Covid just like Trump, would have given us more David Souter like Supreme Court justices, pushed for amnesty, and probably pushed for a war with Iran or Syria

Plus he would have been lame
you are nothing but a whack job. Trump >Romney? You funny.

Putting the name calling aside you still did not explain how Romney would have been anything other than a squishy Liberal-Conservative while in office.

(And of course he could not even get elected)

Trump at least got you a Conservative SCOTUS that will be paying dividends for decades to come
Whiskey Pete
J.R. said:

Redbrickbear said:

KaiBear said:

historian said:

Obama and Biden? Yes

Trump? No

Romney would have caved on Covid just like Trump, would have given us more David Souter like Supreme Court justices, pushed for amnesty, and probably pushed for a war with Iran or Syria

You don't know how Romney would've governed, at least Trump got us some conservative Supreme Court Justices.

Geesh, you're a ******* moron, Mr. Rag
historian
KaiBear said:

historian said:

I've had to hold my nose for every presidential election but one since I started voting. Most other races too. It's almost always the lesser of evils.

Was enthusiastic for

Reagan
H. Ross Perot
Donald Trump ( 2016 )

The rest was picking the lessor of two evils.

But this presidential election offers the worst choices by far.

The first year I bought it was 1984. For me only Reagan was a slam dunk.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
Bestweekeverr
boognish_bear said:

https://nypost.com/2024/04/21/us-news/rfk-jrs-candidacy-may-hurt-trump-more-than-biden-in-2024-a-surprising-new-poll-says/

Trump ekes out a win against Biden one-on-one 46% to 44%, but when Kennedy is added to the mix, Biden tops Trump at 39% to 37%, followed by Kennedy at 13%,
Hmm, I would have thought RFK would've taken more votes from Biden than Trump. Especially with his VP pick.
historian
Hyperpoliticized "impeachments" and lawfare, a terrorist tactic, are a condemnation of the fascists more than they are of Trump. The charges against him ard bogus and it's patently obvious that it's an attempt to interfere with his campaign and thus blatant election tampering.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
Bestweekeverr
KaiBear said:

Romney might be the biggest 'what if ' in the last 50 years of US presidential politics. Suspect he would have done an outstanding job.

Unfortunately too many Americans bought into the 'novelty' of a half black president.
I think so as well. It'd be interesting to see what the Ukraine situation would have looked like, as Romney was seemingly the only one taking Russia seriously back then.
Malbec
Whiskey Pete said:

J.R. said:

Redbrickbear said:

KaiBear said:

historian said:

Obama and Biden? Yes

Trump? No

You don't know how Romney would've governed, at least Trump got us some conservative Supreme Court Justices.

Geesh, you're a ******* moron, Mr. Rag
There have been quite a number of idiots who have posted on these forums over the years, but you might be hard-pressed to find another one that has been as roundly panned to the point of driving normally collected posters over the edge, and on as many different topics and across as many different forums as J.R. At least HuMcK confines the idiocy to the singularity of partisan shill.
boognish_bear
GrowlTowel
boognish_bear said:

Haley got 16% of the vote and that is a story? I could maybe understand if she was at 25% or more, but 16% does not a story make.

Certainly that 16% is reflective of the Never Trumpers.
whiterock
boognish_bear said:

Same poll with different callouts.

Osodecentx
GrowlTowel said:

boognish_bear said:

Haley got 16% of the vote and that is a story? I could maybe understand if she was at 25% or more, but 16% does not a story make.

Do you think Trump will win Pennsylvania by 150,000 votes? Doesn't he need a united Republican Party? Can Trump win if Haley voters stay home or vote for another candidate?
FLBear5630
Osodecentx said:

GrowlTowel said:

boognish_bear said:

Do you think Trump will win Pennsylvania by 150,000 votes? Doesn't he need a united Republican Party? Can Trump win if Haley voters stay home or vote for another candidate?
I think you may see many vote but punt on President by leaving it blank. Focus on getting a GOP Senate and House, forget the President, Neither are worth a ***** I have heard numerous people say that.
Whiskey Pete
Osodecentx said:

GrowlTowel said:

boognish_bear said:

PA is not a must win for Trump, If Trump carries the same states as in 2020 and picks up GA, AZ and either WI or MI, he wins.

The three states that Biden won with the lowest margin are:

GA: 11,779
AZ: 10,457
WI: 20,682

I don't think Trump gets to 270. Good chance he can flip back GA and AZ. Maybe NV. But I think WI, MI and PA stay blue.

Of course, a lot can happen over the next 6 months with this sh*t show of a White House right now.
Osodecentx
Rudolph W. Giuliani, Mark Meadows, and a number of others who advised Donald J. Trump during the 2020 election were indicted in Arizona on Wednesday, along with all of the fake electors who acted on Mr. Trump's behalf there to try to keep him in power despite his loss in the state.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Osodecentx said:

Rudolph W. Giuliani, Mark Meadows, and a number of others who advised Donald J. Trump during the 2020 election were indicted in Arizona on Wednesday, along with all of the fake electors who acted on Mr. Trump's behalf there to try to keep him in power despite his loss in the state.
The beautiful thing about Biden's fence sitting regarding Israel is that he will continue to lose support on both sides, - the Jews and the Muslims. Hiding for seven months isn't going to magically make that go away. Biden is screwed!!!! And it is well deserved.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Whiskey Pete said:

Osodecentx said:

GrowlTowel said:

boognish_bear said:

PA is not a must win for Trump, If Trump carries the same states as in 2020 and picks up GA, AZ and either WI or MI, he wins.

The three states that Biden won with the lowest margin are:

GA: 11,779
AZ: 10,457
WI: 20,682

I don't think Trump gets to 270. Good chance he can flip back GA and AZ. Maybe NV. But I think WI, MI and PA stay blue.

Of course, a lot can happen over the next 6 months with this sh*t show of a White House right now.
There are a very small handful of Democrats that are not going to vote for terror. They will hold their noses and vote for Trump. The Democrats have pushed their extreme policies too far. America is unrecognizable in 2024.

-- Barack Obama
Redbrickbear
Bestweekeverr said:

KaiBear said:

I think so as well. It'd be interesting to see what the Ukraine situation would have looked like, as Romney was seemingly the only one taking Russia seriously back then.

If by "taking Russia seriously" you mean moving NATO toward the borders of the Russian Federation and planing color revolutions…DC was doing that long before Mitt the Mormon ran for office

DC has been remarkably consistent on its anti-Russian approach

Nuland for instance had top policy positions from Clinton- to Bush- through Obama- even to Biden

boognish_bear
FLBear5630
boognish_bear said:

Real Prince...
whiterock
Osodecentx said:

GrowlTowel said:

boognish_bear said:

Valid questions that the Haley voters should be asked early and often. Unity is completely up to them.

Moderates have a profound blind spot when it comes to their own arrogance - the conservative base is OBLIGATED to support moderates, no matter what, and if they don't are branded hopelessly destructive ideologues. Yet, when the moderates lose primary elections, they become duty bound to find moral reasons not to support a nominee from the conservative base.
whiterock
FLBear5630 said:

boognish_bear said:

Real Prince...
Hilarious!
whiterock
Osodecentx said:

Charges could have been brought at any time during the last 3.5 years, but they would not have had the same political impact in an election year.

Again we see Democrats revealing their authoritarian instincts.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
FLBear5630 said:

boognish_bear said:

Real Prince...
Yep, this is the kinda crap people don't like about the candidate that doesn't have Dementia.

For the record, Bill Barr is a super intelligent guy. Unfortunately, he is just another Swamp Creature. Just spent way too much time in Washington, D.C.

-- Barack Obama
Osodecentx
whiterock said:

Osodecentx said:

GrowlTowel said:

boognish_bear said:

Valid questions that the Haley voters should be asked early and often. Unity is completely up to them.

Moderates have a profound blind spot when it comes to their own arrogance - the conservative base is OBLIGATED to support moderates, no matter what, and if they don't are branded hopelessly destructive ideologues. Yet, when the moderates lose primary elections, they become duty bound to find moral reasons not to support a nominee from the conservative base.
I see it differently. I'm seeing the "conservative base" tell me that they couldn't/wouldn't vote for HW Bush, W (2004), McCain, or Romney. I guess they missed the part about "obligated".
Meantime, I've voted for every Republican presidential candidate in my lifetime and I'm a RINO.

Didn't Trump say he didn't want RINOs? Didn't he say he didn't need Haley voters?
boognish_bear
whiterock
GrowlTowel
What lead? If Biden had a lead he would not be out campaigning.
Redbrickbear
muddybrazos

we got this! DJT 2024
4th and Inches
muddybrazos said:

we got this! DJT 2024
FL poll worker..

Would be more impressed if he was a Philly poll worker
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
boognish_bear
First Page Last Page
Page 129 of 135

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.