433,460 Views | 8366 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Redbrickbear
KaiBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Oldbear83 said:

KaiBear said:

4th and Inches said:

That speech by RFK was a scathing indictment of the Democratic Party

He would have won the primary and probably the election without their interference

Doubt RFK would have won the primary against an incumbent.

Even with the best name in national politics.

But he was totally correct in his assessment of the Democrat Party primary system.

It was a total sham.
I don't think RFK would have won the Democrats' nomination, but in a fair race he would ironically have vetted their nominee and the Democrats would likely have produced a more credible nominee then Harris.

Dem power brokers made promises to Harris in 2020 and did what was necessary to honor those promises in 2024.
Oldbear83
KaiBear said:

Oldbear83 said:

KaiBear said:

4th and Inches said:

He would have won the primary and probably the election without their interference

Doubt RFK would have won the primary against an incumbent.

Even with the best name in national politics.

But he was totally correct in his assessment of the Democrat Party primary system.

It was a total sham.
I don't think RFK would have won the Democrats' nomination, but in a fair race he would ironically have vetted their nominee and the Democrats would likely have produced a more credible nominee then Harris.

Dem power brokers made promises to Harris in 2020 and did what was necessary to honor those promises in 2024.
Democrats have not a straight Primary since 2008, don't know if they could do it now if they wanted.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
Aliceinbubbleland
I was half right in my prediction earlier this year that Biden would run and if he won immediately resign promoting Harris to President.

I didn't see him quitting. Either way Harris was going to be his choice.
KaiBear
Aliceinbubbleland said:

I was half right in my prediction earlier this year that Biden would run and if he won immediately resign promoting Harris to President.

I have always believed Biden would be forced to resign from the presidency BEFORE his term was up in order to provide Harris the advantages of running as the incumbent .

Still believe it will happen.

Oldbear83
KaiBear said:

Aliceinbubbleland said:

I have always believed Biden would be forced to resign from the presidency BEFORE his term was up in order to provide Harris the advantages of running as the incumbent .

Still believe it will happen.

Given Harris worked so hard this week to portray Trump as the incumbent, she may not want that word associated with her right before the election.

That, and many independents believed Harris did not win the Democrats' nomination, so they may not buy at all the idea that Harris is Presidential just because she shoves Joe out the door completely.

ScottS
RCP has it 287-251 Trump
boognish_bear
Realitybites
4th and Inches said:

I doubt it. The democrats are authoritarians. Not much chance they would subscribe to the sorts of freedoms RFK would advocate for.
whiterock
sombear said:

historian said:

Harris is not looking so rosy after all:

https://twitchy.com/brettt/2024/08/21/newsweek-new-poll-shows-harris-leading-zero-battleground-states-n2399942
Last couple days of polling have been good for Harris, and her speech polled well.

Likely will be a rough few days for Trump, then the campaign really kicks in.

Trump finally promising his staff and family to stay on message. That's the key to this election.
Substantively, the speech sucked. But the delivery was a very very good. She will get a bounce.

FLBear5630
whiterock said:

sombear said:

historian said:

Harris is not looking so rosy after all:

https://twitchy.com/brettt/2024/08/21/newsweek-new-poll-shows-harris-leading-zero-battleground-states-n2399942
Last couple days of polling have been good for Harris, and her speech polled well.

Likely will be a rough few days for Trump, then the campaign really kicks in.

Trump finally promising his staff and family to stay on message. That's the key to this election.
Substantively, the speech sucked. But the delivery was a very very good. She will get a bounce.

True. But we all knew that. Bounce when announced and Convention bounce. Now the game begins.

Can Trump get her on the issues?

The quizzical one to me is Vance vs Walz. On paper Vance is a slam-dunk winner. In real life Walz is beating him. Walz is riding that Wilford Brimley mid-west Grandfather schtick over anything they throw at him. Have they reached the point to just compartmentalize and make a non-issue rather than attack?
Jack Bauer
Man who impregnated his nanny during a separation with his first wife, Nanny got an abortion.

White liberal woman swoon!!!

FLBear5630
Jack Bauer said:

Man who impregnated his nanny during a separation with his first wife, Nanny got an abortion.

That guy is a sex symbol? Harris is a Presidential Candidate? Trump is the Nation's best Chance? Taylor Swift is music? College Players making 1m a year?

The world has passed me by, everyday I am more and more convinced. This is one f-ed up planet. And they say the 80's/90's generations are messed up? Give me the 80's and 90's any day...
4th and Inches

Actual established national pollsters who haven't polled more than once since 7/23: Times/Siena, Harvard/Harris, Atlas Intel, WSJ/Fabrizio/GBAO, Clarity, FAU lol, Big Data, Leger lmao, McLaughlin, Civiqs, Marquette, TIPP, CNBC/Hart, Marist, SurveyUSA, Cygnal, Pew, JL Partners, CBS/YouGov, Fox/Beacon, Emerson. And only Emerson post-August 12 (also was a strict "very likely" poll). DFP....I guess I should mention them, and they only polled once too.

So pretty much almost all the major national pollsters, and some minor ones, have only polled the national race once post-7/21.

And thus, we're really not getting a clear picture of any post-initial-dropout shifts or DNC shifts. RMG, Rasmussen, Morning Consult, Redfield actually do capture it decently....basically Harris went down in the two weeks before the DNC and then edged back up during the DNC. And those polls average out to about Harris +1.0 but Redfield is 3-way.
Adopt-a-Bear 2024

#90 COOPER LANZ ( DL )
CLASS Junior
HT/WT 6' 3", 288 lbs

#50 KAIAN ROBERTS-DAY ( DL )
CLASS Sophomore
HT/WT 6' 3", 273 lbs
whiterock
KaiBear
Jack Bauer said:

Dem media attempting to gloss over Harris's record and intentions by creating a reverse Camelot.
whitetrash
whiterock said:

I'm guessing Satanist and Wiccan are grouped into "Other".
Jack Bauer
whitetrash said:

whiterock said:

I'm guessing Satanist and Wiccan are grouped into "Other".

LGBTQ religion to indoctrinate your kids

Harris +1000000

Redbrickbear
FLBear5630 said:

Jack Bauer said:

That guy is a sex symbol? ...

whiterock
Comic relief moment

boognish_bear
boognish_bear
4th and Inches
boognish_bear said:

i am intrigued by your ideas, i wish to subscribe to your news letter
Adopt-a-Bear 2024

#90 COOPER LANZ ( DL )
CLASS Junior
HT/WT 6' 3", 288 lbs

CLASS Sophomore
HT/WT 6' 3", 273 lbs
boognish_bear
boognish_bear

Oldbear83
Hey Nate. show me you play with math, but don't really understand it.

Don't forget, Nate Silver does not do any polling, he aggregates selected polls and weights them according to his preference.

Silver's projections look good when Democrats win, look bad when Republicans win. But he's always been prone to over-weighting the Democrat and underweighting the Republican, when addressing Presidential elections.

Grinnin bear
Nate Silver left 538 last year.

Here is his new venture.

https://www.natesilver.net/p/harris-trump-electoral-college
Oldbear83
Grinnin bear said:

Here is his new venture.

Silver still gets $$$ from both ABC and FiveThirtyEight. It's like he's selling polling franchises now.

Bottom line is Silver is 110 IQ smart but wants everyone to think he's 160 IQ smart.

He also never admits his ****-ups.
4th and Inches
Grinnin bear said:

Here is his new venture.

still nate doing nate things..

Over emphasizes Dems by about 3-4
Adopt-a-Bear 2024

#90 COOPER LANZ ( DL )
CLASS Junior
HT/WT 6' 3", 288 lbs

CLASS Sophomore
HT/WT 6' 3", 273 lbs
whiterock
Takes at least 3 days of data to get a good poll to measure a specific event, like a convention, or a shooting of a candidate, or a major endorsement.

So the flaw one could easily theorize to find in his conclusion above would be that the polls he's aggregating contain several days of convention bounce, but only ONE day of RFKJR endorsement bounce. That's on top of the fact that very few pollsters have done more than one poll in the last couple of weeks.

If you want to know how the convention vs RFKjr endorsement played out, wait for polls published on Wednesday. That gives Sat/Sun/Mon to collect data, Tues to analyze and review, Wed to publish.
sombear
whiterock said:

Takes at least 3 days of data to get a good poll to measure a specific event, like a convention, or a shooting of a candidate, or a major endorsement.

So the flaw one could easily theorize to find in his conclusion above would be that the polls he's aggregating contain several days of convention bounce, but only ONE day of RFKJR endorsement bounce. That's on top of the fact that very few pollsters have done more than one poll in the last couple of weeks.

If you want to know how the convention vs RFKjr endorsement played out, wait for polls published on Wednesday. That gives Sat/Sun/Mon to collect data, Tues to analyze and review, Wed to publish.
This is correct.

One word of caution for Trump voters though. There is a reason Trump's pollsters distributed press releases to every media outlet in the country yesterday saying to expect a solid Harris lead for a while. Their mid-convention and post-Harris speech polling was abysmal. Of course, this was expected to a certain extent, but they were a bit taken aback.

boognish_bear
https://www.pewresearch.org/methods/2021/04/08/confronting-2016-and-2020-polling-limitations/

"Looking at final estimates of the outcome of the 2020 U.S. presidential race, 93% of national polls overstated the Democratic candidate's support among voters, while nearly as many (88%) did so in 2016."
4th and Inches
Why does Nate now say it makes no difference if RFK drops out when he said before he was takin Trump voters?
Adopt-a-Bear 2024

#90 COOPER LANZ ( DL )
CLASS Junior
HT/WT 6' 3", 288 lbs

CLASS Sophomore
HT/WT 6' 3", 273 lbs
whiterock
whiterock
boognish_bear
First Page Last Page
Page 214 of 240

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.