433,137 Views | 8365 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by historian
FLBear5630
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ScottS said:

boognish_bear said:

Question, why is Trump polling way better than Lake in AZ?

Lake is perceived as a vindictive crack pot? She has all of Trump's meaness and none of his humanity and humor. Bad combination.
sombear
Redbrickbear said:

ScottS said:

boognish_bear said:

Lake has always been a failure in Arizona for some reason.

Obviously I'm not in the State so I can not explain it…but it's a noticeable thing.

Trump does well…Lake does not
I wouldn't say Trump does well. He's only the second Republican to lose AZ, and his 2016 win was by one of the smallest margins. HIs approval rating in AZ is low 40s as it is in most other contested states. AZ is a toss-up.

And think about this. AZ remains a toss-up, yet immigration is the top issue, and inflation is #2.

Trump hand-picked Lake, and she has run two of the worst campaigns you'll ever see. She is a former liberal Dem who has flip-flopped, even recently, more than Kamala, and was famous for saying at two rallies, "We don't want McCain voters." I certainly have my issues with McCain, but you just don't say that in AZ.

Also, the AZ GOP is a complete mess.
boognish_bear
Doesn't really look right. I keep seeing how Republican voter registration is outpacing Dems in many states.

whiterock
sombear said:

Redbrickbear said:

ScottS said:

boognish_bear said:

Obviously I'm not in the State so I can not explain it…but it's a noticeable thing.

I wouldn't say Trump does well. He's only the second Republican to lose AZ, and his 2016 win was by one of the smallest margins. HIs approval rating in AZ is low 40s as it is in most other contested states. AZ is a toss-up.

And think about this. AZ remains a toss-up, yet immigration is the top issue, and inflation is #2.

Trump hand-picked Lake, and she has run two of the worst campaigns you'll ever see. She is a former liberal Dem who has flip-flopped, even recently, more than Kamala, and was famous for saying at two rallies, "We don't want McCain voters." I certainly have my issues with McCain, but you just don't say that in AZ.

McCain wing of the AZ party is vindictive. Cross them and they will organize to vote Dem to defeat you. GOP moderates tend to be like that everywhere. The AZ faction is just larger and meaner than most.

sombear
whiterock said:

sombear said:

Redbrickbear said:

ScottS said:

boognish_bear said:

McCain wing of the AZ party is vindictive. Cross them and they will organize to vote Dem to defeat you. GOP moderates tend to be like that everywhere. The AZ faction is just larger and meaner than most.

Kettle meet pot . . . .
Redbrickbear
sombear said:

Redbrickbear said:

ScottS said:

boognish_bear said:

I wouldn't say Trump does well. He's only the second Republican to lose AZ, and his 2016 win was by one of the smallest margins.

I'm sure mass legal and illegal immigration in Arizona has nothing to do with that.....

[2018: 960,275 immigrants made up 13% of the population of Arizona. 431,667 immigrants had naturalized, and at least 275,000 were undocumented]

We can also be sure the undocumented migrant population is much much higher than reported.
Mothra
boognish_bear said:

So the unhinged re-tread crackpot who lost the governor's race is now losing the senate race.

Man, I didn't see that coming.

I just hope to God we can move on from this broad.
Mothra
Redbrickbear said:

ScottS said:

boognish_bear said:

Trump's hand-picked candidates generally fare poorly in elections. See 2022.

He's not a very good judge of these things. The selection of Vance as his VP candidate is a perfect example.
sombear
Redbrickbear said:

sombear said:

Redbrickbear said:

ScottS said:

boognish_bear said:

I wouldn't say Trump does well. He's only the second Republican to lose AZ, and his 2016 win was by one of the smallest margins.

I'm sure mass legal and illegal immigration in Arizona has nothing to do with that.....

[2018: 960,275 immigrants made up 13% of the population of Arizona. 431,667 immigrants had naturalized, and at least 275,000 were undocumented]

We can also be sure the undocumented migrant population is much much higher than reported.
I mean, Ducey beat a Hispanic in 2018 by 14 points.

Biden only won Hispanics by around 57-43.

Trump's problem, as it was all over the Country, was losing the burbs. He lost freaking Maricopa for goodness sakes.
ScottS
Mothra said:

Redbrickbear said:

ScottS said:

boognish_bear said:

Trump's hand-picked candidates generally fare poorly in elections. See 2022.

He's not a very good judge of these things. The selection of Vance as his VP candidate is a perfect example.

If he doesn't win enough in the house and senate, he could get elected and then impeached/removed.
ScottS
sombear said:

Redbrickbear said:

sombear said:

Redbrickbear said:

ScottS said:

boognish_bear said:

Trump's problem, as it was all over the Country, was losing the burbs. He lost freaking Maricopa for goodness sakes.

Suburban women?
sombear
ScottS said:

sombear said:

Redbrickbear said:

sombear said:

Redbrickbear said:

ScottS said:

boognish_bear said:

Suburban women?
Believe it or not, the gender gap isn't too bad in AZ.
whiterock
Trump leads ticket splitters by 22.

The problem is not that Trump selects terrible candidates. It's that there are so few candidates like Trump.

sombear
whiterock said:

The problem is not that Trump selects terrible candidates. It's that there are so few candidates like Trump.

Yes, more Walkers, Oz, Lakes, Bolducs, Mastrianos, Dixons, Schmidts, and Masters, and fewer big winners - Youngkins, Kemps, Duceys, Hogans, Desantis, and Abbotts . . . .

Trump is performing a little better than the GOP candidates in those states solely because they are running against incumbents.
whiterock
sombear said:

whiterock said:

Yes, more Walkers, Oz, Lakes, Bolducs, Mastrianos, Dixons, Schmidts, and Masters, and fewer big winners - Youngkins, Kemps, Duceys, Hogans, Desantis, and Abbotts . . . .

Trump is performing a little better than the GOP candidates in those states solely because they are running against incumbents.
or....more likely, its because Trump has crossover appeal they cannot match.

highly illogical that a populist Trump could be so effective with independents (which most public polls show he's winning, whether he's winning overall or not) yet his endorsement becomes kryptonite for down-ballot candidates.

sombear
whiterock said:

sombear said:

whiterock said:

highly illogical that a populist Trump could be so effective with independents (which most public polls show he's winning, whether he's winning overall or not) yet his endorsement becomes kryptonite for down-ballot candidates.

I think it's more he just picks awful candidates.

But, look, you can't dispute Trump's unfavorable #s. They've basically been high 30s to low 40s, with some temporary bounces into mid-40s.

Those unfavorables can only generate negative coattails.

Trump's greatest strength as a candidate is that he has had historically weak opponents. That is a fact.

When MAGA candidates run against incumbents or even just average candidates, they don't do well. All the data is there.
Mothra
sombear said:

whiterock said:

sombear said:

whiterock said:

I think it's more he just picks awful candidates.
This.
historian
Redbrickbear said:

sombear said:

Redbrickbear said:

ScottS said:

boognish_bear said:

… and the fascists will make sure the non citizens vote in large numbers for Kommie Kamala, maybe even multiple times.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
historian
Using "only" with a 14 point margin doesn't make sense. That's a landslide.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
whiterock
Nate Silver analysis showing what Rasmussen has been suggesting - Harris has peaked.

sombear
historian said:

Using "only" with a 14 point margin doesn't make sense. That's a landslide.
Not at all. A 14% margin among about 22% of the vote is nothing, especially in AZ where there are so few Black voters.

And that's not what costed Trump the burbs.
4th and Inches
ScottS said:

boognish_bear said:

trump is trump and Lake is an idiot. She told McCain lovers to go away and never vote for her. They listened.
Adopt-a-Bear 2024

#90 COOPER LANZ ( DL )
CLASS Junior
HT/WT 6' 3", 288 lbs

#50 KAIAN ROBERTS-DAY ( DL )
CLASS Sophomore
HT/WT 6' 3", 273 lbs
whiterock
The worst of them has a tied race

4th and Inches
whiterock said:

this one is interesting. The samples arent that bad at first glance but this is the only poll I have seen where the Dem canidate got 98-1

Most other polls are showing a wider spread with 3-4 not voting for Harris.
Adopt-a-Bear 2024

#90 COOPER LANZ ( DL )
CLASS Junior
HT/WT 6' 3", 288 lbs

CLASS Sophomore
HT/WT 6' 3", 273 lbs
sombear
4th and Inches said:

whiterock said:

this one is interesting. The samples arent that bad at first glance but this is the only poll I have seen where the Dem canidate got 98-1

Even if Harrs wins national vote by 1%, Trump will win the election.
4th and Inches
sombear said:

4th and Inches said:

whiterock said:

yes, this is another terrible poll for Harris.

She is basically polling where Biden was in the swings when they replaced him.

Long road to Nov 5th for both sides
Adopt-a-Bear 2024

#90 COOPER LANZ ( DL )
CLASS Junior
HT/WT 6' 3", 288 lbs

CLASS Sophomore
HT/WT 6' 3", 273 lbs
boognish_bear
whiterock
sombear said:

4th and Inches said:

whiterock said:

Baris agrees

sombear
whiterock said:

sombear said:

4th and Inches said:

whiterock said:

Baris agrees

Probably even 2%
ScottS
sombear said:

whiterock said:

sombear said:

4th and Inches said:

whiterock said:

Baris agrees

Probably even 2%

Someone dropped an S bomb.
4th and Inches
ScottS said:

sombear said:

whiterock said:

sombear said:

4th and Inches said:

whiterock said:

Baris agrees

Probably even 2%

Someone dropped an S bomb.
Harris camp when they saw the polls
Adopt-a-Bear 2024

#90 COOPER LANZ ( DL )
CLASS Junior
HT/WT 6' 3", 288 lbs

CLASS Sophomore
HT/WT 6' 3", 273 lbs
boognish_bear
He comes off better in interviews than he does speeches. They need to quit trying to write jokes for him. Not his strength.

boognish_bear
boognish_bear
4th and Inches
boognish_bear said:

he isnt wrong.. most that are put out are wrong and private internals are expensive.

Both sides dont like the polls..
Adopt-a-Bear 2024

#90 COOPER LANZ ( DL )
CLASS Junior
HT/WT 6' 3", 288 lbs

CLASS Sophomore
HT/WT 6' 3", 273 lbs
First Page Last Page
Page 218 of 240

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.