Why Are We in Ukraine?

311,606 Views | 5815 Replies | Last: 12 min ago by whiterock
Robert Wilson
How long do you want to ignore this user?
trey3216 said:

Robert Wilson said:

Did anybody ever figure out why we are slap dicking around in the Ukraine?
Did anyone ever figure out why Putin wanted to go on a 3 day Special Military Operation that involved launching multiple missiles into Children's Hospitals?
Yes, I think we have a pretty good idea as to why. Doesn't answer the original question.
trey3216
Robert Wilson said:

trey3216 said:

Robert Wilson said:

Did anyone ever figure out why Putin wanted to go on a 3 day Special Military Operation that involved launching multiple missiles into Children's Hospitals?
Yes, I think we have a pretty good idea as to why. Doesn't answer the original question.

Your idea as to why and the reality as to why are 2 wildly different things.
Mr. Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
Robert Wilson
trey3216 said:

Robert Wilson said:

trey3216 said:

Robert Wilson said:

Your idea as to why and the reality as to why are 2 wildly different things.
What's my idea as to why?
J.R.
well, for you Maga boys. Fat Boy said he would end the war in 48 hrs. If he is indeed elected and sworn in, anyone have $20K that doesn't happen? Just checking
FLBear5630
Redbrickbear said:

FLBear5630 said:

Doc Holliday said:

FLBear5630 said:

Doc Holliday said:

What's the point of global western hegemony if the west is turning into an abusive anti Christian autocratic state that seeks to usurp the power of its citizens into the hands of banks and corporations?

It sucks that our politicians will bend over backwards for Ukraine, but they don't give a rats ass about their own taxpaying citizens. We have mass illegal immigration, out of control inflation, low buying power, media censorship and control, radical leftist cultural movement and the American dream completely dying.

Some of ya'll seem more concerned with Russia than realizing we have enemies at home that seek to destroy us.
It will be NATO vs China at some point. I think it should consider expanding to Japan and S Korea. We learned in 1938 that isolationism is a thing of the passed.
If NATO or China wins, it ends with a giant government that's hell bent on turning this world into an anti Christian 1984-esque hellscape.

There is a third choice??? You think living with China dominating will be more for individual freedom than NATO/US????

For the record... China is not going to be dominating anything on a global level in the future.

Its got lots of corruption issues (single party Communist rule), stagnating wages, and is in demographic free fall.

[China's total natural population dropped by more than 2 million in 2023, according to the latest Chinese statistics. The country recorded 9.0 million births and 11.1 million deaths. Births continued their precipitous post-2016 decline, now down by more than 50 percent in just eight years, while deaths ticked up marginally again. This chart shows trends in Chinese birth and death rates (per 1,000 capita) since 1985]

https://www.piie.com/research/piie-charts/2024/chinas-population-decline-getting-close-irreversible

India legitimacy has more of a chance of dominating in the future than does China.

Yeah, China will lose half the population and still outnumber us. Based on your analysis, they should make their move soon, while they outnumber us 5 to 1...

As for India, they have a long way to go to get to China I'll level.
J.R.
J.R. said:

well, for you Maga boys. Fat Boy said he would end the war in 48 hrs. If he is indeed elected and sworn in, anyone have $20K that doesn't happen? Just checking
crickets!! need some of magamania nuts to take the bet as Trump has to be telling the truth.
Robert Wilson
FLBear5630 said:

Redbrickbear said:

FLBear5630 said:

Doc Holliday said:

FLBear5630 said:

Doc Holliday said:

What's the point of global western hegemony if the west is turning into an abusive anti Christian autocratic state that seeks to usurp the power of its citizens into the hands of banks and corporations?

It sucks that our politicians will bend over backwards for Ukraine, but they don't give a rats ass about their own taxpaying citizens. We have mass illegal immigration, out of control inflation, low buying power, media censorship and control, radical leftist cultural movement and the American dream completely dying.

Some of ya'll seem more concerned with Russia than realizing we have enemies at home that seek to destroy us.
It will be NATO vs China at some point. I think it should consider expanding to Japan and S Korea. We learned in 1938 that isolationism is a thing of the passed.
If NATO or China wins, it ends with a giant government that's hell bent on turning this world into an anti Christian 1984-esque hellscape.

There is a third choice??? You think living with China dominating will be more for individual freedom than NATO/US????

For the record... China is not going to be dominating anything on a global level in the future.

Its got lots of corruption issues (single party Communist rule), stagnating wages, and is in demographic free fall.

[China's total natural population dropped by more than 2 million in 2023, according to the latest Chinese statistics. The country recorded 9.0 million births and 11.1 million deaths. Births continued their precipitous post-2016 decline, now down by more than 50 percent in just eight years, while deaths ticked up marginally again. This chart shows trends in Chinese birth and death rates (per 1,000 capita) since 1985]

https://www.piie.com/research/piie-charts/2024/chinas-population-decline-getting-close-irreversible

India legitimacy has more of a chance of dominating in the future than does China.

Yeah, China will lose half the population and still outnumber us. Based on your analysis, they should make their move soon, while they outnumber us 5 to 1...

As for India, they have a long way to go to get to China I'll level.
China also has to diesel up all its navy fleet every day or so.
KaiBear
J.R. said:

Suspect Trump has a far better chance of ending the war thsn a dementia afflicted Biden.

What say you JR ?

Think Biden can negotiate a peace deal quicker ?
Realitybites
J.R. said:

I could end the war in 24 hours with three phone calls. Let's see how Trump does. I would probably make four more as a matter of diplomatic courtesy.
J.R.
Realitybites said:

J.R. said:

I could end the war in 24 hours with three phone calls. Let's see how Trump does. I would probably make four more as a matter of diplomatic courtesy.
and exactly how? Inquiring minds would like to know.
Bestweekeverr
J.R. said:

Realitybites said:

J.R. said:

It's simple, just give Putin what he wants.
KaiBear
Bestweekeverr said:

J.R. said:

Realitybites said:

J.R. said:

No, it's much better to have hundreds of thousands of Ukrainians die first.

Then negotiate.

Robert Wilson
According to the White House, we need more money to fight in Ukraine and Israel just to kinda keep our military limbered up and ready to go. Plus, economy.

Quote:

The Administration's supplemental invests in our military industrial base to ensure our military readiness, including replenishing resources to meet our defense needs as we support Israel and Ukraine, as well as the growing security requirements in the Indo-Pacific. Resources for the American defense industrial base will support American jobs, increase our nation's ability to produce critically important munitions and other equipment, and ensure our Military continues to be the most ready, capable, and best equipped fighting force the world has ever seen. ...

Additionally, we've been clear that the Congressional Republicans need to stop playing political games with border security and provide the resources our law enforcement personnel need to secure the southwest border and stop the flow of fentanyl into our country

... Ensure Military Readiness

As we support our partners in Israel, Ukraine, and across the Indo-Pacific, the Administration's request including the items described above provides funding to ensure American military readiness by investing over $50 billionin the American defense industrial base with through replenishment funding and other forms of security assistance, like foreign military financing and the Ukraine Security Assistance Initiative. Resources for the American defense industrial base will support American jobs, increase our nation's ability to produce critically important munitions and other equipment, and ensure our Military continues to be the most ready, capable, and best equipped fighting force the world has ever seen. Without additional replenishment funding, DOD will be unable to continue to backfill the Military Services for equipment provided via drawdown to Ukraine and Israel, thereby degrading U.S. readiness.
I included the border control sentence just because it is so funny.
Bestweekeverr
KaiBear said:

Bestweekeverr said:

J.R. said:

Realitybites said:

J.R. said:

Then negotiate.

And hundreds of thousands of Russians. Ukraine only has to fight until Russia no longer finds the juice worth the squeeze.

Ukraine soldiers are fighting for their home against invaders, Russian soldiers are fighting because they have to.

The longer it goes on the pressure on Putin grows to end the war and save face any way he can.
KaiBear
Bestweekeverr said:

KaiBear said:

Bestweekeverr said:

J.R. said:

Realitybites said:

J.R. said:

Then negotiate.

And hundreds of thousands of Russians. Ukraine only has to fight until Russia no longer finds the juice worth the squeeze.

Ukraine soldiers are fighting for their home against invaders, Russian soldiers are fighting because they have to.

The longer it goes on the pressure on Putin grows to end the war and save face any way he can.

Ukrainian's AND Russians are dying because of miscalculations of their respective elites .

And those same elites are profiting from their sacrifices.

DC elites most of all.
Bestweekeverr
KaiBear said:

Bestweekeverr said:

KaiBear said:

Bestweekeverr said:

J.R. said:

Realitybites said:

J.R. said:

Then negotiate.

Ukrainian's AND Russians are dying because of miscalculations of RUSSIAN elites .

Fixed it for you
KaiBear
Bestweekeverr said:

KaiBear said:

Bestweekeverr said:

KaiBear said:

Bestweekeverr said:

J.R. said:

Realitybites said:

J.R. said:

Then negotiate.

Ukrainian's AND Russians are dying because of miscalculations of RUSSIAN elites .

Fixed it for you

You didn't 'fix' anything.

Hundreds of thousands of Ukrainians and Russians are dead because of the miscalculations of US elites as well.

trey3216
KaiBear said:

Bestweekeverr said:

KaiBear said:

Bestweekeverr said:

KaiBear said:

Bestweekeverr said:

J.R. said:

Realitybites said:

J.R. said:

Then negotiate.

Fixed it for you

Hundreds of thousands of Ukrainians and Russians are dead because of the miscalculations of US elites as well.

the US didn't try to invade and takeover Ukraine
Mr. Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
Bestweekeverr
KaiBear said:

Bestweekeverr said:

KaiBear said:

Bestweekeverr said:

KaiBear said:

Bestweekeverr said:

J.R. said:

Realitybites said:

J.R. said:

Then negotiate.

Fixed it for you

Blaming anyone but the invading country for those deaths is complete lunacy.
ATL Bear
Russia's busy trying to execute the heads of European arms manufacturers.

Putin gonna Putin.
KaiBear
trey3216 said:

KaiBear said:

Bestweekeverr said:

KaiBear said:

Bestweekeverr said:

KaiBear said:

Bestweekeverr said:

J.R. said:

Realitybites said:

J.R. said:

Then negotiate.

Fixed it for you

The US repeatedly pushed a NATO membership for Ukraine involving the probable placement of nuclear missiles.

Nuclear missiles so close to major Russian cities as to preclude any chance for defensive action.
Putin repeatedly stated such NATO membership for Ukraine was an intolerable threat to Russian security.

He was ignored.

Finally Putin put 200,000 troops on the Russian- Ukrainian border to to show he meant business.

Vice president Harris flys to Europe and publicly states still AGAIN the Biden's administration desire to have
Ukraine in NATO.

Putin invades.

Biggest US foreign policy blunder since the Korean War.

Tragic events happen when the president of the United States is a full on dementia case.
FLBear5630
KaiBear said:

trey3216 said:

KaiBear said:

Bestweekeverr said:

KaiBear said:

Bestweekeverr said:

KaiBear said:

Bestweekeverr said:

J.R. said:

Realitybites said:

J.R. said:

Then negotiate.

Fixed it for you

The US repeatedly pushed a NATO membership for Ukraine involving the probable placement of nuclear missiles.

Nuclear missiles so close to major Russian cities as to preclude any chance for defensive action.
Putin repeatedly stated such NATO membership for Ukraine was an intolerable threat to Russian security.

He was ignored.

Finally Putin put 200,000 troops on the Russian- Ukrainian border to to show he meant business.

Vice president Harris flys to Europe and publicly states still AGAIN the Biden's administration desire to have
Ukraine in NATO.

Putin invades.

Tragic events happen when the president of the United States is a full on dementia case.

I love how you get to Putin invaded and it is the US fault. Right after we caused the volcanoes in Tongs to explode and the drought in the US. 2022 was a bad year for US, since we are responsible for pretty much everything bad...
Sam Lowry
FLBear5630 said:

How far am I willing to go? That is the wrong question, how far is Ukraine? I would go as far as they want to go at this level. It is not for us to tell them what to give up of their Nation. You have this Paternalistic, dare I say Colonial, view that you know what is best for poor backward Ukraine. I disagree, let them decide. They are the ones that have to defend their freedom, not us. We are doing less than the French did for the US.
So your strategy is when Ukraine says jump, we ask how high.

Unbelievable.
KaiBear
FLBear5630 said:

KaiBear said:

trey3216 said:

KaiBear said:

Bestweekeverr said:

KaiBear said:

Bestweekeverr said:

KaiBear said:

Bestweekeverr said:

J.R. said:

Realitybites said:

J.R. said:

Then negotiate.

Fixed it for you

He was ignored.

Ukraine in NATO.

Putin invades.

I love how you get to Putin invaded and it is the US fault. Right after we caused the volcanoes in Tongs to explode and the drought in the US. 2022 was a bad year for US, since we are responsible for pretty much everything bad...

Biden and Company miscalculated despite all the warnings. They simply never believed Putin would go to war to stop NATO nuclear missiles placed on his door step. Nuclear missiles in a country that ( justifiably) hates Russia.

Even in the presence of a final warning involving over 200,000 Russian troops; our dementia led administration kept pushing.
I vividly remember watching Harris's final pre war speech inviting Ukraine into NATO. Couldn't believe it.
Knew at that moment Putin would roll the dice.

Now hundreds of thousands are dead, millions displaced, billions of US taxpayer's money wasted and no end in sight.

FLBear5630
KaiBear said:

FLBear5630 said:

KaiBear said:

trey3216 said:

KaiBear said:

Bestweekeverr said:

KaiBear said:

Bestweekeverr said:

KaiBear said:

Bestweekeverr said:

J.R. said:

Realitybites said:

J.R. said:

Then negotiate.

Fixed it for you

He was ignored.

Ukraine in NATO.

Putin invades.

Biden and Company miscalculated despite all the warnings. They simply never believed Putin would go to war to stop NATO nuclear missiles placed on his door step. Nuclear missiles in a country that ( justifiably) hates Russia.

Even in the presence of a final warning involving over 200,000 Russian troops; our dementia led administration kept pushing.
I vividly remember watching Harris's final pre war speech inviting Ukraine into NATO. Couldn't believe it.
Knew at that moment Putin would roll the dice.

Now hundreds of thousands are dead, millions displaced, billions of US taxpayer's money wasted and no end in sight.

Nukes can hit Russia in the same timeframe from multiple spots in NATO territory. He invaded because he could under current leadership. Don't romanticize Putin, he is a KGB thug and will always be a KGB thug bully.

You are looking for things that are not there. Putin invaded Ukraine because he wants to reassemble the glory years. He wants Crimea for the port and Donbas for the Wheat, just like Hitler did I the 1940's. The rest is an excuse to get what he wants.

There is no cause and effect. Biden is weak, Putin took what he wants. Simple as that. Just like in the 90's Russia negotiated after Desert Storm, we showed we were damn good at fighting the type battle we would have to in Europe. The biggest cause and effect is Biden's **** up in leaving Afghanistan, that showed incompetence. Green light...
whiterock
Sam Lowry said:

FLBear5630 said:

How far am I willing to go? That is the wrong question, how far is Ukraine? I would go as far as they want to go at this level. It is not for us to tell them what to give up of their Nation. You have this Paternalistic, dare I say Colonial, view that you know what is best for poor backward Ukraine. I disagree, let them decide. They are the ones that have to defend their freedom, not us. We are doing less than the French did for the US.

Unbelievable.
no, the strategy is when Russia says jump, we poke 'em in the mouth.
Realitybites
Bestweekeverr said:

Blaming anyone but the invading country for those deaths is complete lunacy.

Invasions can take a lot of different forms. There is the invasion on our southern border, for instance, where millions of unarmed people invade and their numbers mask the foreign fighters coming across. Then there are the Soros-funded, US NGO administered color revolutions where millions of dollars pour across a border to stand up an AstroTurf revolt. Finally there is the more traditional form that the Russians are using in response to said color revolution in Ukraine.
Realitybites
whiterock said:

Unnecessarily poking nuclear armed nations is not a wise foreign policy.
whiterock
Realitybites said:

whiterock said:

Unnecessarily poking nuclear armed nations is not a wise foreign policy.
Unnecessarily invading a neighbor with nuclear armed allies is not a wise policy.

NATO has nukes, too........
Realitybites
J.R. said:

First call: Putin. So here's a peace plan. You get eastern ukraine, including Kiev. You don't get Odessa. What remains of Ukraine is eligible for EU economic, but not NATO membership. The Ukrainian constitution is re-written to command military neutrality, and its Nazi movement is banned. I have no desire to recreate the Cuban missile crisis so we are pulling our recently announced long range missiles from Germany. We aren't seizing your assets, and full economic and diplomatic ties with Russia are restored. Simultaneously we are building up the conventional forces of Poland, Germany, and our eastern NATO partners. We are going to keep a tight grip on the leash. But if you do send the Russian military west of Kiev or into Odessa we let the leash go.

Second call: joint chiefs, secretary of state. Come to my office. I'm running the Ukraine situation directly now. Any deviation from my stated strategy will result in your firing. Any public statements contrary to my strategy will result in your firing. Any questions? Good. You have 24 hours to turn off all funding to Ukraine and the Zelensky government. Any questions? Good.

Third call: Zelensky. I'm throwing your government under the bus, your funding and military support has been cut off. The Ukrainian military needs to withdraw west of the Dniper and surrender Kiev to the Russians. Lvov is your new capital city. You get to keep Odessa. You are eligible for EU, but never NATO membership. Understand that this is the best last offer you are going to get. The next one is the Russians take however much they feel like. So I suggest you get on the phone with Vlad and work out the specifics of a ceasefire and your retreat.

Fourth Call: Farage, LePen, Orban, Meloni, and
Andrzej Duda to explain the new situation in Europe, and how their economies are going to boom with the restoration of inexpensive Russian energy...and yes, I know that Farage, LePen, and Duda aren't leaders of their governments. The decision to bypass Tusk, Macron, and Starmer is deliberate.
FLBear5630
Sam Lowry said:

FLBear5630 said:

Unbelievable.
You do realize we are only supplying weapons and sharing intel. So, the "how high" comment is a bit melodramatic. But, you guys seems to be into that. We are on the brink of WW3, Nukes will fly, and the draft will be re-instated next week... All because we gave Ukraine HIMARS. Drones and F16s, Russia is going Nuclear. Talk about overkill. We have not given enough to make up a Brigade Combat Team, much less beat Russia.

So, Sam you are being really over the top with your proclamations that we are pushing Putin to go nuclear or that we are just saying "how high". We are doing what any ally does, actually the definition of ally, and hope they and NATO would do the same for us if we were being pushed.
Bear8084
Realitybites said:

J.R. said:

First call: Putin. So here's a peace plan. You get eastern ukraine, including Kyiv. You don't get Odesa. What remains of Ukraine is eligible for EU economic, but not NATO membership. The Ukrainian constitution is re-written to command military neutrality, and its Nazi movement is banned. I have no desire to recreate the Cuban missile crisis so we are pulling our recently announced long range missiles from Germany. We aren't seizing your assets, and full economic and diplomatic ties with Russia are restored. Simultaneously we are building up the conventional forces of Poland, Germany, and our eastern NATO partners. We are going to keep a tight grip on the leash. But if you do send the Russian military west of Kyiv or into Odesa we let the leash go.

Second call: joint chiefs, secretary of state. Come to my office. I'm running the Ukraine situation directly now. Any deviation from my stated strategy will result in your firing. Any public statements contrary to my strategy will result in your firing. Any questions? Good. You have 24 hours to turn off all funding to Ukraine and the Zelensky government. Any questions? Good.

Third call: Zelensky. I'm throwing your government under the bus, your funding and military support has been cut off. The Ukrainian military needs to withdraw west of the Dniper and surrender Kyiv to the Russians. Lviv is your new capital city. You get to keep Odesa. You are eligible for EU, but never NATO membership. Understand that this is the best last offer you are going to get. The next one is the Russians take however much they feel like. So I suggest you get on the phone with Vlad and work out the specifics of a ceasefire and your retreat.

Andrzej Duda to explain the new situation in Europe, and how their economies are going to boom with the restoration of inexpensive Russian energy...and yes, I know that Farage, LePen, and Duda aren't leaders of their governments. The decision to bypass Tusk, Macron, and Starmer is deliberate.

LMAO. Ok, vatnik shill. Take the tinfoil cap off too.
Realitybites
Bear8084 said:

Realitybites said:

You get eastern ukraine, including Kyiv. You don't get Odesa. What remains of Ukraine is eligible for EU economic, but not NATO membership. The Ukrainian constitution is re-written to command military neutrality, and its Nazi movement is banned. I have no desire to recreate the Cuban missile crisis so we are pulling our recently announced long range missiles from Germany. We aren't seizing your assets, and full economic and diplomatic ties with Russia are restored. Simultaneously we are building up the conventional forces of Poland, Germany, and our eastern NATO partners. We are going to keep a tight grip on the leash. But if you do send the Russian military west of Kyiv or into Odesa we let the leash go.

So you're not American. No American is going to repeatedly reach for "Vatnik", and change the spelling of these places in my original post to the Ukranian version.
Bear8084
Realitybites said:

Bear8084 said:

Realitybites said:

You get eastern ukraine, including Kyiv. You don't get Odesa. What remains of Ukraine is eligible for EU economic, but not NATO membership. The Ukrainian constitution is re-written to command military neutrality, and its Nazi movement is banned. I have no desire to recreate the Cuban missile crisis so we are pulling our recently announced long range missiles from Germany. We aren't seizing your assets, and full economic and diplomatic ties with Russia are restored. Simultaneously we are building up the conventional forces of Poland, Germany, and our eastern NATO partners. We are going to keep a tight grip on the leash. But if you do send the Russian military west of Kyiv or into Odesa we let the leash go.

So you're not American. No American is going to repeatedly reach for "Vatnik", and change the spelling of these places in my original post to the Ukranian version.

That's the correct spelling and calling you what you are is just that, vatnik. For all your Putin stroking and Russian propaganda and blatant disinformation, I'm a lot more American than you, shill.
FLBear5630
Realitybites said:

J.R. said:

First call: Putin. So here's a peace plan. You get eastern ukraine, including Kiev. You don't get Odessa. What remains of Ukraine is eligible for EU economic, but not NATO membership. The Ukrainian constitution is re-written to command military neutrality, and its Nazi movement is banned. I have no desire to recreate the Cuban missile crisis so we are pulling our recently announced long range missiles from Germany. We aren't seizing your assets, and full economic and diplomatic ties with Russia are restored. Simultaneously we are building up the conventional forces of Poland, Germany, and our eastern NATO partners. We are going to keep a tight grip on the leash. But if you do send the Russian military west of Kiev or into Odessa we let the leash go.

Third call: Zelensky. I'm throwing your government under the bus, your funding and military support has been cut off. The Ukrainian military needs to withdraw west of the Dniper and surrender Kiev to the Russians. Lvov is your new capital city. You get to keep Odessa. You are eligible for EU, but never NATO membership. Understand that this is the best last offer you are going to get. The next one is the Russians take however much they feel like. So I suggest you get on the phone with Vlad and work out the specifics of a ceasefire and your retreat.

Well, I am glad we are not going to reward Putin for invading a neighbor... This should surely deter him from the Baltics. Hell, with this agreement even Poland and Finland would be in play.

Since this went so well for Putin, the next step is to test Article 5. Will the US really go to war with Russia over the Baltics? Not according to this Board...
First Page Last Page
Page 148 of 167

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.