Netanyahu said "we are at war,"

326,281 Views | 5762 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by boognish_bear
historian
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Realitybites said:

[quotehistorian said:

It refers to God's covenant with Abraham but it's a covenant that God renewed with Abraham's descendants repeatedly, including with the Jewish state of Israel. Israel also repeatedly violated that covenant and were punished by God repeatedly. The Babylonian Captivity & the Roman destruction of the Temple in 70 AD are the more dramatic examples.

There is no denying that God still has plans for Israel & they are still His people. The entire history of modern Israel points to that as they defeated their enemies over and over again despite all odds. Also, a study of end times prophecy makes it clear that Israel will play a role in God's ultimate plans.

The Abrahamic Covenant was not a conditional covenant, and therefore not subject to "renewal". Abraham's descendants include *all* the semitic people of that region regardless of their religious affliation or lack thereof.

The Mosaic Covenant was a conditional covenant with national Israel that began with the Exodus and *ended* with Israel's rejection of Christ and the desctruction of the temple. As I've said, no one for the past 2000 or so years has been able to practice the Jewish religion of the old testament. It's physically not possible even if you wanted to.

The study of end times prophecy you refer to is one viewed through a pre-millenial, pre-tribulation view of eschatology prevalent in Evangelicalism and based in the Scofield Reference Bible and John Darby's teaching. It is a minority view in Christendom. Even if Israel was destroyed tomorrow, it would not impede the return of Christ in the least. Should this modern UN created state that ranks in the top five in the world in percentage of sodomites persist and go on to build the temple, it will be to welcome the antichrist as their messiah - nothing more.

God's covenant was with Abraham, his son Isaac (not Ishmael), & Isaac's descendants: Jacob, the 12 tribes, and the nation of Israel.

God's interest in Israel did not end with the crucifixion & resurrection of Christ or the destruction of the temple in AD 70. The history of the modern state of Israel, their continued survival despite the impossible odds, & their numerous victories over their enemies make that clear (not to mention the survival of Jews all over the world in the centuries between). An honest look at recent history makes clear that God has blessed Israel (& every nation that has supported them) and cursed those determined to destroy them.

Israel was not created by the UN. It was created by the Jews themselves. The UN played a minor role but it was the Jews who declared their independence & fought a war of independence against the Arabs surrounding them. It was not unlike America's experience in the late 18th century, in broad terms.

Modern Jews do not have to practice their faith exactly the way Moses did for it to still be Judaism. I doubt their are many (or any?) Christian's who practice their faith exactly the way Jesus & the apostles did. Even if the numbers are small, God promised in the Old Testament to preserve a remnant and has kept that promise for almost 2,000 years.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
historian
The Old Testament (& the Book of Revelation, I believe) speaks of the borders of Israel stretching all the way to the Euphrates. That river is in Iraq.
Realitybites
Modern Jews do not have to practice their faith exactly the way Moses did for it to still be Judaism.

Scripture to support this opinion? Because the Old Testament is *extremely* specific about how the religion of Judaism is to be practiced. Making it up as you go along isn't part of that.

I doubt their are many (or any?) Christian's who practice their faith exactly the way Jesus & the apostles did.

The church founded by Christ still exists in this world, and it still practices the faith as it did for a couple of millenia, without innovation.
historian
So Orthodox Jews today are not real Jews by God's standard. As Jesus Himself said, God was more interested in what was in a man's heart than the details of Mosaic law, especially as it was misinterpreted by the scholars of His day. There are many passages in the gospels in which Christ criticized the Pharisees for their excessive legalism & hypocrisy.
Realitybites
historian said:

So Orthodox Jews today are not real Jews by God's standard. As Jesus Himself said, God was more interested in what was in a man's heart than the details of Mosaic law, especially as it was misinterpreted by the scholars of His day. There are many passages in the gospels in which Christ criticized the Pharisees for their excessive legalism & hypocrisy.
Orthodox Jews aren't practicing the religion described in the Old Testament any more than Methodists are practicing the religion described in the New. You are correct in observing the criticism of the Pharisees by Christ. His actual criticism was documented in Matthew 23;23 and said, "Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You give a tenth of your spicesmint, dill and cumin. But you have neglected the more important matters of the law justice, mercy and faithfulness. You should have practiced the latter, without neglecting the former."

Talmudic Rabbinism is the actual religion that uses the name Judaism today, and both Moses and King David would find it unrecognizable.
muddybrazos
ShooterTX said:

muddybrazos said:

historian said:

muddybrazos said:

historian said:

No I am a Christian.

I'm also a civilized human being. This makes taking sides in the Israel vs Hamas conflict easy.
You have been brain washed by Zionism. The modern state of Israel is not the Israel of the Bible. They despise Christ and Christians. i'm not saying Hamas is good in any way but Israel has done a laundry list of terrible things and they control America and use us to do their bidding while we pay for it. We need AIPAC out of our politics and end Zio control over our govt.

Maybe you are the one who is brainwashed! I'm perfectly capable of thinking for myself. When it comes to Israel, I have a historical & biblical perspective. Obviously the modern state is not the same as the stars of Israel from 2500 years ago, but it is it's heir and the subject of multiple end times prophecies.

One more thing: anti-Zionism is the same as antisemitism. And arguing that our government is controlled by Israel is crazy talk! Considering the modern Left, including fake president Joe Biden, is extremely extremely hostile to Israel and very much pro-Hamas today, it's also ignorant.

Anti semitism is just a made up word to stop people from criticizing Israel. It means nothing. They control both our political parties through AIPAC and that should not be the case. Nobody has a word for Anti Christism but they constantly hate on whites and Christians so much so that is fashionable to do so. (See Harrison Buttker)
Im totally sick of the double standard.
I can agree that there is a very strong anti-Christian sentiment these days... and it is wrong.

However, to say that antisemitism is just made up... that's insane. The Jews have been persecuted for centuries. Of course you won't deny the Holocaust, right? But long before that there were massive Jewish persecutions. Have you never read of the Pogroms? What about the Spanish Inquisition?

Anti-Christianism has never been as structured and systematic as some of the more famous antisemitic actions taken by governments & nations.

The Jews need Israel, because they are not safe anywhere in the world. Just take a look at what is happening on American college campuses today, if you need more evidence of that.

I understand that you might hate AIPAC.... odd that I've never seen your complaints about CAIR?
I'm anti CAIR also but CAIR doesnt have nearly 100% support in congress but AIPAC does. Im just an American Christian who pays alot of taxes and is sick of seeing a foreign country control my country. Its just not right. I really have no dog in the Israel/Palesitne fight and I just want to live my life in the southern USA without caring about that.
ShooterTX
Redbrickbear said:

historian said:

Israel has no intention of relinquishing control over Judea and Samaria is clear.

Nor do they intent to ever give up the Golan heights....

I was actually in Israel as a small child when they withdrew from the Golan.
It is a DMZ. Israel doesn't "occupy" that land at all. They simply will not give it back to Syria, because they are not suicidal.
It would be completely foolish to return the Golan Heights to Syria, unless Syria was willing to sign some kind of peace treaty similar to Egypt and Jordan.
Absent that... the Golan should remain out of the hands of Syria.
ShooterTX
ShooterTX
muddybrazos said:

ShooterTX said:

muddybrazos said:

historian said:

muddybrazos said:

historian said:

No I am a Christian.

I'm also a civilized human being. This makes taking sides in the Israel vs Hamas conflict easy.
You have been brain washed by Zionism. The modern state of Israel is not the Israel of the Bible. They despise Christ and Christians. i'm not saying Hamas is good in any way but Israel has done a laundry list of terrible things and they control America and use us to do their bidding while we pay for it. We need AIPAC out of our politics and end Zio control over our govt.

Maybe you are the one who is brainwashed! I'm perfectly capable of thinking for myself. When it comes to Israel, I have a historical & biblical perspective. Obviously the modern state is not the same as the stars of Israel from 2500 years ago, but it is it's heir and the subject of multiple end times prophecies.

One more thing: anti-Zionism is the same as antisemitism. And arguing that our government is controlled by Israel is crazy talk! Considering the modern Left, including fake president Joe Biden, is extremely extremely hostile to Israel and very much pro-Hamas today, it's also ignorant.

Anti semitism is just a made up word to stop people from criticizing Israel. It means nothing. They control both our political parties through AIPAC and that should not be the case. Nobody has a word for Anti Christism but they constantly hate on whites and Christians so much so that is fashionable to do so. (See Harrison Buttker)
I can agree that there is a very strong anti-Christian sentiment these days... and it is wrong.

However, to say that antisemitism is just made up... that's insane. The Jews have been persecuted for centuries. Of course you won't deny the Holocaust, right? But long before that there were massive Jewish persecutions. Have you never read of the Pogroms? What about the Spanish Inquisition?

Anti-Christianism has never been as structured and systematic as some of the more famous antisemitic actions taken by governments & nations.

The Jews need Israel, because they are not safe anywhere in the world. Just take a look at what is happening on American college campuses today, if you need more evidence of that.

I understand that you might hate AIPAC.... odd that I've never seen your complaints about CAIR?
I'm anti CAIR also but CAIR doesnt have nearly 100% support in congress but AIPAC does. Im just an American Christian who pays alot of taxes and is sick of seeing a foreign country control my country. Its just not right. I really have no dog in the Israel/Palesitne fight and I just want to live my life in the southern USA without caring about that.

You really think Israel controls our country??
That's some serious tinfoil hat territory there.
ShooterTX
muddybrazos
historian said:

WHo are they worshipping though? Christ is God and they hate him. Who are they worshipping in the Kabbalah and Zohar? Seems like the devil to me.
Redbrickbear
ShooterTX said:

Redbrickbear said:

historian said:

Israel has no intention of relinquishing control over Judea and Samaria is clear.

Nor do they intent to ever give up the Golan heights....

I was actually in Israel as a small child when they withdrew from the Golan.
It is a DMZ. Israel doesn't "occupy" that land at all. They simply will not give it back to Syria, because they are not suicidal.

I usually like what you have to say…but I can't believe you would come on here and pretend Israel is not militarily occupying Golan (for good or bad reasons)….of course they are…

muddybrazos
ShooterTX said:

muddybrazos said:

ShooterTX said:

muddybrazos said:

historian said:

muddybrazos said:

historian said:

No I am a Christian.

You need to pay attention to AIPAC. They literally control both parties and nearly every republican except Massie. If you dont do what they say they destroy you.
Redbrickbear
muddybrazos said:

ShooterTX said:

muddybrazos said:

ShooterTX said:

muddybrazos said:

historian said:

muddybrazos said:

historian said:

No I am a Christian.

You need to pay attention to AIPAC. They literally control both parties and nearly every republican except Massie. If you dont do what they say they destroy you.

He does not care about foreign interference in our elections as long as it's not Russias and Chinese doing it

He loves Israelis more than he loves his own people
ShooterTX
Redbrickbear said:

muddybrazos said:

ShooterTX said:

muddybrazos said:

ShooterTX said:

muddybrazos said:

historian said:

muddybrazos said:

historian said:

No I am a Christian.

He does not care about foreign interference in our elections as long as it's not Russias and Chinese doing it

Your horse **** knows no limits.

I've never said anything close to that. I love my country before any other. Hell, I've been called a "Christian Nationalist" recently because of my loyalty to this nation and Jesus. I've actually stated in this thread that I would be fine with stopping support for Israel, but only if we would stop ALL foreign support. I would LOVE for our nation to immediately cancel all foreign support... but that's not likely to ever happen.

All I'm saying about Israel is that they have a right to exist and a right to defend themselves.

You want to side with the terrorists and the evil *******s who raped & murdered children in Oct.... that's your choice.
ShooterTX
Redbrickbear
ShooterTX said:

Redbrickbear said:

muddybrazos said:

ShooterTX said:

muddybrazos said:

ShooterTX said:

muddybrazos said:

historian said:

muddybrazos said:

historian said:

No I am a Christian.

Your horse **** knows no limits.

I've never said anything close to that. I love my country before any other..

Then let's just leave it at that

Stop shilling for the foreign state…they don't love you back.

It's a overseas war between two Semitic peoples in the Middle East and the Americans should tell both of them to screw off and stay out of it
historian
And non of that discounts their faith or makes them inauthentic Jews.

The argument is a red herring.
sombear
A great point that most are unaware of:

historian
It might seem that modern Jews are worshipping Satan today and some probably are in the sense of only paying lip service to the teachings of God. By the same token, some "Christians" probably are too, if they are focused more on their greed, pleasure, or other selfish desires than they are in honoring God. Christ Himself was clear that the point of Mosaic law was not that people could become perfect. Just the opposite: it demonstrates how imperfect we are and our only hope is by trusting in God. Christ replaced that complicated system when He died for our sins then conquered death through His resurrection.

We all are sinners and we all fail at times. Christian's are saved because Christ died for our sins and we follow Him. Jews, like everyone else, have that opportunity too. And, according to prophecy, some will do that. Unfortunately, most will reject Christ just like most people of other belief systems.

None of us is qualified to judge another person's relationship with God. Only God can do that. However, we can see that those who reject Christ are unsaved whether they are Jews, Muslims, Hindus, or even nominal Christian's who deny the reality of who Christ is.
Realitybites
historian said:

And non of that discounts their faith or makes them inauthentic Jews.

The argument is a red herring.

There are certain objective standards that you can measure to see if you are actually following a religion...particularly one of the Abrahamic religions where the doctrines and practices are written down. Not so much with Hinduism where the only heresy is to adhere to the idea that there is an exclusive path to God. It is fairly easy to go to the Old Testament to see what God asked Jews to do. People who call themselves Jews today aren't doing that.
historian
"You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might." Deuteronomy 6:5

"You shall love your neighbor as yourself: I am the Lord." Leviticus 19:18b

Jesus Christ Himself said these are the greatest commandments.
Redbrickbear
sombear said:

A bunch of high IQ Ashkenazi from Europe are certainly going to do well developing an area.

But the area was certainly not uninhabited at the time.

In 1914 there were close to 700,000 people living there.

Arab Muslim and Arab Christians were the vast majority.

sombear
Redbrickbear said:

sombear said:

A bunch of high IQ Ashkenazi from Europe are certainly going to do well developing an area.

But the area was certainly not uninhabited at the time.

In 1914 there were close to 700,000 people living there.

Arab Muslim and Arab Christians were the vast majority.

The point was about Tel Aviv area. And there were and are plenty of middle eastern Jews.
historian
Did anyone say that Palestine was uninhabited? The Tweet said "sparsely populated." The photo makes it clear that Tel Aviv was uninhabited at the time.
Realitybites
historian said:

"You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might." Deuteronomy 6:5

Indeed.
Redbrickbear
historian said:

Did anyone say that Palestine was uninhabited? The Tweet said "sparsely populated." The photo makes it clear that Tel Aviv was uninhabited at the time.

Was it for the time? What was the population figures for other areas of the Ottoman Empire and the Middle East at the time?

I would assume Mediterranean climate Palestine had more people than say Kuwait or Qatar

The whole "land with out a people" thing was never accurate

[Historian Rashid Khalidi concurs with Said, interpreting the slogan as expressing the Zionist claim that Palestine was empty: "In the early days of the Zionist movement, many of its European supportersand others- believed that Palestine was empty and sparsely cultivated. This view was widely propagated by some of the movement's leading thinkers and writers, such as Theodor Herzl, Chaim Nachman Bialik, and Max Mandelstamm. It was summed up in the widely propagated Zionist slogan, 'A land without a people for a people without a land'"]

historian
Naturally a Muslim historian is going to have an antisemitic perspective. Probably not very reliable.
sombear
Realitybites said:

historian said:

Indeed.
God's plan would not have been fulfilled and we wouldn't have the Christian faith without them . . . .

And, oh by the way, it's another faith that is murdering Christians and others all over the world, and it does not start with J . . . .
Realitybites
sombear said:

God's plan would not have been fulfilled and we wouldn't have the Christian faith without them . . . .

And, oh by the way, it's another faith that is murdering Christians and others all over the world, and it does not start with J . . . .

The prophecies of Christ predate Judaism by a good bit in the OT. The problem is the faulty thinking that results from Christians who know little of the history and rich tradition of their own faith trying to somehow plug into the extinct religion of the OT, and extend those promises to what is practiced under the banner of Judaism today and the modern UN founded Israeli state.

Islam is a problem. It has been a problem since it was founded.
historian
There are plenty of Old Testament prophecies relating to the modern state of Israel. Jeremiah 23 clearly points to the reestablishment of the state of Israel.

As I've said before, one only needs to look at the history of the modern state of Israel to see God's hand in protecting them from their enemies and world events leading in a particular direction.
whiterock
good grief, man.....

Realitybites
Quote:

Rom 9:6-8 - It is not as though God's word has failed. For not all who are descended from Israel are Israel. 7Nor because they are Abraham's descendants are they all his children. On the contrary, "Through Isaac your offspring will be reckoned." 8So it is not the children of the flesh who are God's children, but it is the children of the promise who are regarded as offspring.
That is why He can later say, that (Rom 11:25, 26)
Quote:

And so all Israel will be saved, as it is written: "The Deliverer will come from Zion; He will remove godlessness from Jacob. And this is My covenant with them when I take away their sins."
Thus, "Israel" is now a spiritual nation (1 Peter 2:9, 12). As usual, the key to understanding this is the centrality of Jesus.
  • All the promises God made under the Old Covenant to Israelites find their fulfilment in Jesus as mediator of the New Covenant to Christians, Matt 5:17, Gal 3:16, 22, 29, 2 Cor 1:20, Rom 9:8. Thus, the New Covenant promises to save all people. Specifically, God said of the Christian community, "But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for God's own possession, to proclaim the virtues of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light. Once you were not a people, but now you are the people of God; once you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy." 1 Peter 2:9, 10 (Compare Ex 19:5, 6, Hos 1:9, 4:6)
  • Hebrews discusses the same idea that the Moral Law of God is to be written on our hearts, Heb 8:7-13, 10:16, 17, exactly as it should have been under the Old Covenant (compare Deut 6:5, Jer 24:7, 31:1, 33, 34, 32:38-40, 36, 26-28).
  • Christians were to be "called by my Name" as confirmed in Acts 11:26, just as under the Old Covenant (2 Chron 7:14, Isa 43:7, 65:1). Matt 10:22, 24:9, Mark 13:13, Luke 21:17, Acts 15:17.
  • Jesus is the promised King of the new Christian Community, ie, the Kingdom of Heaven, or, Kingdom of God, Luke 1:33, John 1:49, Acts 13:23, Rev 11:15. Compare Jer 33:14-17, Eze 37:22. Thus, Jesus inherits the Davidic Covenant. He is also the "Son of David" (Matt 1:1-16) and "Son of God" as predicted in the Davidic Covenant (2 Sam 7); and His kingdom will never be defeated and is eternal, Luke 1:33, Heb 1:8, Rev 11:15, compare Ps 61:7, Isa 9:7, Psa 146:10.
  • Jesus is the high priest of the New Covenant Heb 4:14-16, 7:23-28, 8:1, 2, 9:1-28, 10:1-18. Thus, Jesus inherits and was the fulfilment of the Levitical Covenant (See Mal 3:1). Jesus did this in several ways as well such as:
  • Jesus was the fulfilment of what the sanctuary/temple typified, John 2:19-21, Heb 9:1-28, 10:1-18
  • Jesus represented the foundation of the temple as well, 1 Peter 2:4-8 (Compare Isa 28:16, Ps 118:22)
  • Jesus was the bread of life, John 6:35, 41, 48 (compare Ex 25:23-30, Lev 24:8).
  • Jesus was the light of life, John 8:12, 9:5 (compare the lampstand Ex 25:31-39, Lev 24:3, 4, Isa 53:11, Ps 56:13, etc)
  • Jesus provides the water of life, John 4:13, 14 (Compare the laver Ex 30:17-21. See also 1 Cor 6:11)
  • Jesus is the promised seed of the woman Gal 3:16 (compare Gen 3:15, and the Abrahamic Covenant)
  • Jesus was the Passover Lamb and thus the promised Messiah, John 1:29, 1 Cor 5:7, 1 Peter 1:19 (compare Ex 12:1-14).
  • Jesus is the High Priest of the New Covenant in fulfilment of the Levitical covenant, Heb 4:14-16, 7:23-28, because He was "pure, blameless, set apart" exactly as the Levites were. See also Heb 9:15, 12:24.
  • Jesus provided the blood of the new covenant , Matt 26:28, Mark 14:24, Luke 22:20, 1 Cor 11:25, Heb 13:20, 1 Peter 1:19 (compare Ex 24:5, 8).

Enough with the Judaizing, really. In Romans 9 (above) Paul clearly states that it is the church that is the fulfillment, not some modern globohomo UN founded state (even if it continues to exist and welcomes the antichrist into the world). Your bad estchatology should not translate into bad foreign policy.
boognish_bear
J.R.
boognish_bear said:

Bout time for someone to take him out! Yesterday was in NO way acceptable. He is a POS
cms186
boognish_bear said:

a "mistake" no doubt ordered and planned for days, i don't know how many more "mistakes" this guy will get away with, the amount that has happened in this latest war is hilarious from a 1st world military force, until you realise that these aren't "mistakes" or "accidents"

Hamas is a disgusting terrorist group and their use of tactics such as human shields is deplorable, but you have to question their usage when you know the Israelis couldn't give a **** if they "accidentally" kill some innocent civilians, whether it kills some Hamas members as well or not, Israel has repeatedly shown they don't care about non-Jews
I'm the English Guy
Aliceinbubbleland
I'd imagine every young Palestinian who resides in or near Rafah will become loyal to Hamas and hate the Israelis forever.

There is no way Israel can win this war unless they kill 1 million Palestinians and even then there will remain Hamas loyalists.

And we are not helping supplying bombs for Israel while giving "humanitarian aid" to Hamas from the joke of the Gaza dock fiasco.

It is time for us to step aside and let the war mongers settle this between themselves.

ATL Bear
An almost impossible war to execute, at least under today's septic standards.

Hamas won't surrender and hides among the people.
Israel won't/can't risk soldiers going into extremely hostile areas to be more strategic/limited in their kills/targets.
Palestinian non combatants are stuck with nowhere to go as refugees.

Just a horrible situation.
First Page Last Page
Page 129 of 165

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.