Can we get new candidates?

12,847 Views | 307 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by boognish_bear
whiterock
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Allegedly a leaked internal poll done by the Biden campaign. If true, odds of replacement are rising significantly.
whiterock
Post is a little hot. Look at the map of what's now within the MOE. Its early. And we may have a new candidate. But momentum is an important facto. If the election were held today, final map would look a lot like the one below.

boognish_bear
Aliceinbubbleland
Colorado and Virginia red? I can't see that yet.
Vote for Manchin please
Jack Bauer
Debate was just "one bad night"..

nein51
Aliceinbubbleland said:

Colorado and Virginia red? I can't see that yet.

Same as the "red wave" that didn't happen at all. I'll believe it when I see it.
boognish_bear
Oldbear83
boognish_bear said:

I've been trying to find the demographic breakdown for Ipsos, it's very much an outlier in it's press release, so I wonder who made up their respondent base.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
Porteroso
If Michelle Obama jumps in i say we get another Bush to match her. At this point I'd vote for her, she can't be worse than the current choices.
whiterock
whiterock
whiterock
Here's one to tape onto your monitor

whiterock
Rep. Lloyd Doggett (Tx) is already on record calling for Biden to step down. But fear not….another heavyweight is leaping to Biden's defense,

(yes, I follow SJL on Twitter)
boognish_bear
boognish_bear
sombear
whiterock said:

Post is a little hot. Look at the map of what's now within the MOE. Its early. And we may have a new candidate. But momentum is an important facto. If the election were held today, final map would look a lot like the one below.

No doubt polls moved a bit to Trump after the debate.

But I am very skeptical of these two. There are a lot of different agendas out there, many of which want Biden to step away.

RNC and Trump internals are not showing anything close to these two.
whitetrash
boognish_bear said:

If Kent Dorfman had gone into politics…..

Cobretti
whitetrash
Cobretti said:

5 more minutes under the heat lamp and Joe would be darker than Barack.
Jack Bauer
Jack Bauer
Realitybites
I wonder how big a check dem donors are going to have to cut Jill Biden to get her to give up six more months of first Lady perks. That is the real question. Unless she has inside knowledge that some combination of ear, canceling the election, and fraud will get them another term.
william
#Orange
#Victory

- KKM

{ sipping covfefe* }

{ eating mini donuts }

* - in honor of the Great Man.

pro ecclesia, pro javelina
whiterock
sombear said:

whiterock said:

But I am very skeptical of these two. There are a lot of different agendas out there, many of which want Biden to step away.

That map is showing what is within the Margin Of Error, not where Trump is ahead. That has the effect, for the purposes of the map, of moving at least 5 traditionally blue states into the red column = CO, NM, MI, NH, ME.
If Dems don't dump out Biden, those five states will become the battleground states, and Trump will likely win them due to momentum, which will continue in Trump's direction if Biden survives this crisis and remains on the ticket.

So it's a map of what could be, not what is (at the moment).
sombear
whiterock said:

sombear said:

whiterock said:

That map is showing what is within the Margin Of Error, not where Trump is ahead. That has the effect, for the purposes of the map, of moving at least 5 traditionally blue states into the red column = CO, NM, MI, NH, ME.
If Dems don't dump out Biden, those five states will become the battleground states, and Trump will likely win them due to momentum, which will continue in Trump's direction if Biden survives this crisis and remains on the ticket.

I missed that. Thanks. But I don't believe the other leaked poll either.

I promised not to provide all the details, but Trump/RNC internals the last few days are consistent. Trump expanded lead in already strong GA, NC, and AZ. NV a little less so but still positive movement. Same with Midwest where it remains close. Neutral to positive in VA, MN, NM, and CO.
whiterock
sombear said:

whiterock said:

sombear said:

whiterock said:

I promised not to provide all the details, but Trump/RNC internals the last few days are consistent. Trump expanded lead in already strong GA, NC, and AZ. NV a little less so but still positive movement. Same with Midwest where it remains close. Neutral to positive in VA, MN, NM, and CO.

That sounds solid.

The key is what will the undecideds do. They will not swing to Biden. But a replacement candidate creates opportunity to rope them back in. Not sure Kamala is the right choice. Just have to wait and see.

Good discipline from Team Trump, letting Dems stew in their own juiced
FLBear5630
whiterock said:

sombear said:

whiterock said:

sombear said:

whiterock said:

That sounds solid.

The key is what will the undecideds do. They will not swing to Biden. But a replacement candidate creates opportunity to rope them back in. Not sure Kamala is the right choice. Just have to wait and see.

Kamala cannot be the choice. The Dangerous guy is the Governor from Maryland, he got a lot of juice from how he handled the Bridge collapse. Trump would have trouble debating him. Too reasonable.

Hope it is Harris, Widmer or Newsome, they are all beatable.
boognish_bear
Oldbear83
FLBear5630 said:

whiterock said:

sombear said:

whiterock said:

sombear said:

whiterock said:

That sounds solid.

Kamala cannot be the choice. The Dangerous guy is the Governor from Maryland, he got a lot of juice from how he handled the Bridge collapse. Trump would have trouble debating him. Too reasonable.

Hope it is Harris, Widmer or Newsome, they are all beatable.
The Democrats would have three problems running Wes Moore:

1. Money. Moore would start from $0 and it's late to play catch-up, especially since the replacement Democrat nominee needs to establish a brand that wins over independents;

2. Harris. It helps Moore to remove the notion that Harris represents the Black voter option, but Harris is the sitting Vice-President, and would be quick to claim that replacing her would be an insult to female voters;

3. Maryland. As Michael Dukakis discovered in 1988, there is an important difference between being Governor of a major state like California or Texas, and being Governor of a more minor state like Alaska, Massachusetts, or Maryland.

That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
J.R.
I'm not a politician in any means, in fact it just wear me out. IMO Biden is done. they cannot run him
4th and Inches
J.R. said:

I'm not a politician in any means, in fact it just wear me out. IMO Biden is done. they cannot run him
but he beat Medicare! While battling a cold..
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
whitetrash
4th and Inches said:

J.R. said:

and being jetlagged from a trip to Europe 3 weeks earlier!
Malbec
whitetrash said:

4th and Inches said:

J.R. said:

and being jetlagged from a trip to Europe 3 weeks earlier!
You mean "around the world twice" don't you?
boognish_bear

Aliceinbubbleland
Just listening to Jake Tapper on CNN quote multiple "unnamed " sources in Congress claiming they cannot support Biden. Unnamed sources mean nothing. I think CNN wants a candidate more liberal than Biden. Like Harris.
Vote for Manchin please

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.