Can we get new candidates?

13,358 Views | 315 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by boognish_bear
Malbec
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Aliceinbubbleland said:

Just listening to Jake Tapper on CNN quote multiple "unnamed " sources in Congress claiming they cannot support Biden. Unnamed sources mean nothing. I think CNN wants a candidate more liberal than Biden. Like Harris.
How can you get one more liberal than one that will say whatever you tell him to say, and sign whatever you put in front of him and tell him to sign?
Aliceinbubbleland
Biden was a leftie but Harris is so far left she is off charts. The only thing saving Biden is if he appears on TikTok doing breakdancing. I think CNN fears Trump so much they want someone alive who can debate.
Vote for Manchin please
nein51
Aliceinbubbleland said:

Just listening to Jake Tapper on CNN quote multiple "unnamed " sources in Congress claiming they cannot support Biden. Unnamed sources mean nothing. I think CNN wants a candidate more liberal than Biden. Like Harris.

It's not more liberal that they want. It's that they are starting to think they might actually lose. They want anyone they think can win.
ATL Bear
The GOP should take the 2020 Joe Biden approach. Hide Trump for several months, disconnect his web access, and let Biden and the Dems implode their way to his victory. The only one who could screw this up is Trump, and he is an actual risk for that.
4th and Inches
Aliceinbubbleland said:

Biden was a leftie but Harris is so far left she is off charts. The only thing saving Biden is if he appears on TikTok doing breakdancing. I think CNN fears Trump so much they want someone alive who can debate.
Harris cant debate so that leaves her out..
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
4th and Inches
ATL Bear said:

The GOP should take the 2020 Joe Biden approach. Hide Trump for several months, disconnect his web access, and let Biden and the Dems implode their way to his victory. The only one who could screw this up is Trump, and he is an actual risk for that.
yes, Basement Trump Is the best Trump!

He has been good and quiet while the Dems go nuts this week.. it wont last
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
redfish961
CNN has started to turn on Biden.

I suspect a change of candidates soon.

The waves are starting to build.

When CNN starts to kick you to the curb consistently, you're in trouble.

Goodbye Joe, Hello Hunter, lol.

Dr Jill as VP.

What could go wrong?
whiterock
FLBear5630 said:

whiterock said:

sombear said:

whiterock said:

sombear said:

whiterock said:

Post is a little hot. Look at the map of what's now within the MOE. Its early. And we may have a new candidate. But momentum is an important facto. If the election were held today, final map would look a lot like the one below.

No doubt polls moved a bit to Trump after the debate.

But I am very skeptical of these two. There are a lot of different agendas out there, many of which want Biden to step away.

RNC and Trump internals are not showing anything close to these two.
That map is showing what is within the Margin Of Error, not where Trump is ahead. That has the effect, for the purposes of the map, of moving at least 5 traditionally blue states into the red column = CO, NM, MI, NH, ME.
If Dems don't dump out Biden, those five states will become the battleground states, and Trump will likely win them due to momentum, which will continue in Trump's direction if Biden survives this crisis and remains on the ticket.

So it's a map of what could be, not what is (at the moment).
I missed that. Thanks. But I don't believe the other leaked poll either.

I promised not to provide all the details, but Trump/RNC internals the last few days are consistent. Trump expanded lead in already strong GA, NC, and AZ. NV a little less so but still positive movement. Same with Midwest where it remains close. Neutral to positive in VA, MN, NM, and CO.

That sounds solid.

The key is what will the undecideds do. They will not swing to Biden. But a replacement candidate creates opportunity to rope them back in. Not sure Kamala is the right choice. Just have to wait and see.

Good discipline from Team Trump, letting Dems stew in their own juiced

Kamala cannot be the choice. The Dangerous guy is the Governor from Maryland, he got a lot of juice from how he handled the Bridge collapse. Trump would have trouble debating him. Too reasonable.

Hope it is Harris, Widmer or Newsome, they are all beatable.

Don't overthink it. They're in a situation that is not easily recoverable.

Wangchung
Love watching the democrats realize just what they look like as they've been fiercely defending Biden for the last 3 years...
Our vibrations were getting nasty. But why? I was puzzled, frustrated... Had we deteriorated to the level of dumb beasts?
KaiBear
J.R. said:

I'm not a politician in any means, in fact it just wear me out. IMO Biden is done. they cannot run him
It's obvious.......Biden is in his political death throes.

And Harris goes down with him.

Although it wouldn't surprise me in the least if Biden resigns as president before the election just to pay off a 2020 political promise.

And make Harris the first woman president for at least a few days.

Dems gotta keep their black constituents happy or Trump wins.
boognish_bear
Um....want to try that headline again

boognish_bear
GrowlTowel
boognish_bear said:

Who the heck is going to watch it on a Friday during a four day weekend?

Probably the point I suppose.
Aliceinbubbleland
GrowlTowel said:

boognish_bear said:

Is this a recorded "interview" rather than unrehearsed live event? If so ABC has lost all credibility.
Vote for Manchin please
Harrison Bergeron
Aliceinbubbleland said:

GrowlTowel said:

boognish_bear said:

Is this a recorded "interview" rather than unrehearsed live event? If so ABC has lost all credibility.
The scandal of the Biden Debate really is the media and Democrats colluded to push more disinformation ... never mind, that's par for the course.
4th and Inches
boognish_bear said:

Um....want to try that headline again

why? It is very accurate- well, maybe it should say confused and forgetful but sometimes sharp and focused

–Horace

Wangchung
20% of the time, he's semi-lucid all the time.
Our vibrations were getting nasty. But why? I was puzzled, frustrated... Had we deteriorated to the level of dumb beasts?
Aliceinbubbleland
ATL Bear said:

Like this.

Vote for Manchin please
Aliceinbubbleland
I said earlier the only thing left for the Democrats to produce would be Biden breakdancing on Tik Tok. Well, that didn't take long....

Vote for Manchin please
4th and Inches
Aliceinbubbleland said:

I said earlier the only thing left for the Democrats to produce would be Biden breakdancing on Tik Tok. Well, that didn't take long....

thank God that voting for a mental patient will save democracy(which it will not.. most libs couldnt tell you that we live in a constitutional republic, there is no democracy to save)

–Horace

boognish_bear
ATL Bear
Aliceinbubbleland said:

ATL Bear said:

Like this.

Trump gonna Trump.
whiterock
ATL Bear said:

Aliceinbubbleland said:

ATL Bear said:

Like this.

Trump gonna Trump.
that's why he has such appeal, both within the GOP base and independents. He speaks like a normal guy speaks, blunt, direct, pithy, truthful.

This video will gain him more votes than it loses him.....because what he said is spot. on. accurate. Even many of the people who hate him know it, too.....
4th and Inches
ATL Bear said:

Aliceinbubbleland said:

ATL Bear said:

Like this.

Trump gonna Trump.
everybody expects it.. he can say and do dumb crap more than anybody else because he is Trump.

Overall, He isnt wrong- he kicked the crap out of Biden, Harris is worse and also unelectable based on polling.

Lets see how this plays or if the left is still preoccupied with Bidens debate disaster

–Horace

ATL Bear
whiterock said:

ATL Bear said:

Aliceinbubbleland said:

ATL Bear said:

Like this.

Trump gonna Trump.
that's why he has such appeal, both within the GOP base and independents. He speaks like a normal guy speaks, blunt, direct, pithy, truthful.

This video will gain him more votes than it loses him.....because what he said is spot. on. accurate. Even many of the people who hate him know it, too.....
Only to the die hards. This crap plays well for the other side to the suburban women and tweener crowd that are critical for victory. Actually generating sympathy for folks that don't deserve it. He'll do more for himself and his campaign by STFU.

A lot of unexpected potential Trump voters have been having a crisis of conscience since the debates. Don't remind them why they would never vote for him with something petty and unnecessary.
Wangchung
ATL Bear said:

whiterock said:

ATL Bear said:

Aliceinbubbleland said:

ATL Bear said:

Like this.

Trump gonna Trump.

Only to the die hards. This crap plays well for the other side to the suburban women and tweener crowd that are critical for victory. Actually generating sympathy for folks that don't deserve it. He'll do more for himself and his campaign by STFU.

A lot of unexpected potential Trump voters have been having a crisis of conscience since the debates. Don't remind them why they would never vote for him with something petty and unnecessary.

That was said to some fans, not as an official statement. It's not like he went on television and said that. He was playing golf and those guys obviously had the phone held low. Any voter that cares more about this clip than Biden's failures as president shouldn't be catered to, anyway.
boognish_bear
Not a great selling point if Dems start looking for a replacement

boognish_bear
boognish_bear
boognish_bear
nein51
It's crazy that anyone on either side believes that. Our democracy has withstood the test of time and no one person is going to change that. Regardless of who gets elected "our democracy" is not at stake. Many, many other things are but not that.
4th and Inches
nein51 said:

It's crazy that anyone on either side believes that. Our constitutional republic has withstood the test of time and no one person is going to change that. Regardless of who gets elected "our democracy" is not at stake. Many, many other things are but not that.
edited for clarity

–Horace

boognish_bear
boognish_bear
boognish_bear

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.