Can We Have a Serious, Objective Discussion About Kamala Harris?

23,060 Views | 454 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by 4th and Inches
FLBear5630
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Forest Bueller said:

4th and Inches said:

Waco1947 said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Waco1947 said:

So much for objective. All I have seen is lies and vindictive comments. Of course, that's what you get from the right wing swarm. They can't wait for a liberal to post then they swarm with nonsense.

Vindictiveness is a noun that describes a strong desire to get back at someone who has wronged you. (or supposedly wronged you.

All the vindictiveness have been removed:

Border czar, failure

Set up a bail fund for rioters in 2020

CNN: Harris' voting record in the Senate is certainly one of the most liberal

What more do I need to know?
What more do I need to know? Well, we need to know that what you posted is al lie
none of what was posted was a lie.. you are uninformed or willfully ignornant of the truth

All of the big 3 called her the border czar in real time and they now deny she is the border czar.
Politifact rates it Mostly False. That is the reality Trump faces, yet he keeps going like he is facing Biden...
4th and Inches
FLBear5630 said:

Forest Bueller said:

4th and Inches said:

Waco1947 said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Waco1947 said:

So much for objective. All I have seen is lies and vindictive comments. Of course, that's what you get from the right wing swarm. They can't wait for a liberal to post then they swarm with nonsense.

Vindictiveness is a noun that describes a strong desire to get back at someone who has wronged you. (or supposedly wronged you.

Border czar, failure

What more do I need to know? Well, we need to know that what you posted is al lie
none of what was posted was a lie.. you are uninformed or willfully ignornant of the truth

All of the big 3 called her the border czar in real time and they now deny she is the border czar.
Politifact rates it Mostly False. That is the reality Trump faces, yet he keeps going like he is facing Biden...
politifact is full of shi.. if they say she wasnt the border czar. Internet keeps receipts forever
Adopt-a-Bear 2024

#90 COOPER LANZ ( DL )
CLASS Junior
HT/WT 6' 3", 288 lbs

#50 KAIAN ROBERTS-DAY ( DL )
CLASS Sophomore
HT/WT 6' 3", 273 lbs
Oldbear83
FLBear5630 said:

Forest Bueller said:

4th and Inches said:

Waco1947 said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Waco1947 said:

Border czar, failure

Pretty much everyone understands what 'fact checkers' really are by now.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
FLBear5630
4th and Inches said:

FLBear5630 said:

Forest Bueller said:

4th and Inches said:

Waco1947 said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Waco1947 said:

Border czar, failure

politifact is full of shi.. if they say she wasnt the border czar. Internet keeps receipts forever

You guys are missing the point. It doesn't matter what you and I think of Politfact. Trump needs votes and the deck is stacked against him. How does he get those people to disregard the BS the media is putting out. If he doesn't, he is going to end up losing.
Oldbear83
FLBear5630 said:

4th and Inches said:

FLBear5630 said:

Forest Bueller said:

4th and Inches said:

Waco1947 said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Waco1947 said:

Border czar, failure

You guys are missing the point. It doesn't matter what you and I think of Politfact. Trump needs votes and the deck is stacked against him. How does he get those people to disregard the BS the media is putting out. If he doesn't, he is going to end up losing.
Change your panties.

Trump is winning, and all you are doing is obsessing on a short-term media blitz to pump up a Democrat even weaker than Hillary.

I get it, you see everything through a TDS filter, but claiming the Independents believe crap sites like Politifact is as stupid as using The View to show how most Americans think.
FLBear5630
Oldbear83 said:

FLBear5630 said:

4th and Inches said:

FLBear5630 said:

Forest Bueller said:

4th and Inches said:

Waco1947 said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Waco1947 said:

Border czar, failure

Change your panties.

Trump is winning, and all you are doing is obsessing on a short-term media blitz to pump up a Democrat even weaker than Hillary.

I get it, you see everything through a TDS filter, but claiming the Independents believe crap sites like Politifact is as stupid as using The View to show how most Americans think.

Wanna bet on the outcome?
Oldbear83
FLBear5630 said:

Oldbear83 said:

FLBear5630 said:

4th and Inches said:

FLBear5630 said:

Forest Bueller said:

4th and Inches said:

Waco1947 said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Waco1947 said:

Border czar, failure

Change your panties.

You are still looking at this the wrong way.

We're in July, the election starts with Early Voting in October. Harris can win, but she has a much more narrow path than the media wants you to believe.

Trump has advantages which the media wants to hide.

Panic is the fool's course. For all his flaws, Trump is a much better outcome as President than Harris, and it's important to focus on making sure she never takes that office.
FLBear5630
Oldbear83 said:

FLBear5630 said:

Oldbear83 said:

FLBear5630 said:

4th and Inches said:

FLBear5630 said:

Forest Bueller said:

4th and Inches said:

Waco1947 said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Waco1947 said:

Border czar, failure

Change your panties.

We're in July, the election starts with Early Voting in October. Harris can win, but she has a much more narrow path than the media wants you to believe.

Panic is the fool's course. For all his flaws, Trump is a much better outcome as President than Harris, and it's important to focus on making sure she never takes that office.

Who is talking panic? But to not recognize the change in the election is foolish, especially with the backing she is getting. To say Vance is a non-issue is playing ostrich. Trump needs to make course corrections, if he needs to change VP now is the time. He needs to watch any talk that can be fascist.

That is not panic or tamponish, thay is smart. Saying everything is just fine as is, is stupid. This is not the cakewalk it was two weeks ago. Last thing Trump needs is hearing it's chicken **** to make adjustments!
Oldbear83
FLBear5630 said:

Oldbear83 said:

FLBear5630 said:

Oldbear83 said:

FLBear5630 said:

4th and Inches said:

FLBear5630 said:

Forest Bueller said:

4th and Inches said:

Waco1947 said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Waco1947 said:

Border czar, failure

Change your panties.

Who is talking panic? But to not recognize the change in the election is foolish, especially with the backing she is getting. To say Vance is a non-issue is playing ostrich. Trump needs to make course corrections, if he needs to change VP now is the time. He needs to watch any talk that can be fascist.

That is not panic or tamponish, thay is smart. Saying everything is just fine as is, is stupid. This is not the cakewalk it was two weeks ago. Last thing Trump needs is hearing it's chicken **** to make adjustments!
You are panicking, and it's obvious.

That, and you continue to filter everything with a spiteful bias.

4th and Inches
FLBear5630 said:

4th and Inches said:

FLBear5630 said:

Forest Bueller said:

4th and Inches said:

Waco1947 said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Waco1947 said:

Border czar, failure

the negative kamala video from elon musk got almost 100 views

A fight is being put up in a different way than is typical for GOP. Twitter aka X is one of the most used social media platforms now

People have seen the lies and the rewrite in real time. The shift that has happened is the group that left because Biden is a walking corpse going back to Dems side. 47 is a prime example of this, he wasnt voting Trump but he was concerned about Biden. He is all in on Harris.

The economy and the border strongly favor Trump
Adopt-a-Bear 2024

#90 COOPER LANZ ( DL )
CLASS Junior
HT/WT 6' 3", 288 lbs

CLASS Sophomore
HT/WT 6' 3", 273 lbs
FLBear5630
Oldbear83 said:

FLBear5630 said:

Oldbear83 said:

FLBear5630 said:

Oldbear83 said:

FLBear5630 said:

4th and Inches said:

FLBear5630 said:

Forest Bueller said:

4th and Inches said:

Waco1947 said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Waco1947 said:

Border czar, failure

Change your panties.

You are panicking, and it's obvious.

That, and you continue to filter everything with a spiteful bias.

Spiteful? I am voting Trump. The last person I want in the Oval Office is Harris, she is worst then Biden.

I just can't stand watch unforced errors turn positives to negatives. Trump has a bad week and one of those is potentially a four year error.

You on the other hand seem to enjoy the fat, drunk and stupid routine of everything is just fine no matter what is going on, which is fine until you decide to make fun of those that don't agree.
GrowlTowel

Oldbear83
I have dug into the internals of polls and shown the situation. You have freaked out over a predicted bump in media spin.

Glad you are voting Trump . But you need to stay off TV if you spaz out every time some media hack posts a push poll.
KOKQB70
Old Bear, keep preaching brother, are we related, we have studied politics long time and we now have Doctorate degrees, some posters here have many years to get things figured out, it ain't that hard.
LIB,MR BEARS
How will the dems hide a healthy Kamala. They know, just like the Rs know, the more she speaks the more likely she is to say something dumb or super leftist. I expect there will be very few Q&A opportunities
Oldbear83
KOKQB70 said:

Old Bear, keep preaching brother, are we related, we have studied politics long time and we now have Doctorate degrees, some posters here have many years to get things figured out, it ain't that hard.
Hello KOK, my work and hobby is Risk Analysis. Oil & Gas for the most part, 9 years with SLB but now in Construction. We'd lose a ton of business if we freaked out over every possible risk indicator; you have to know what matters and how much.

Politics has a lot of numbers crunchers, and polls are their playground. Most people don't understand the different types of polls, much less who pays for them and how methodology varies between polls. They just read headlines and miss the substance.

Forest Bueller
FLBear5630 said:

Forest Bueller said:

4th and Inches said:

Waco1947 said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Waco1947 said:

Border czar, failure

I saw the damned film where they called her that in detail, multiple times. I know dupes like 47 are easily or willfully fooled. Not me.
FLBear5630
Oldbear83 said:

I have dug into the internals of polls and shown the situation. You have freaked out over a predicted bump in media spin.

Glad you are voting Trump . But you need to stay off TV if you spaz out every time some media hack posts a push poll.
I am going by what Trump is doing and what Vance has said and is saying. I am not going by what the data pushers want you to see. Keep going by the polls. Maybe you will find the Hillary win and the Big Red Wave...
FLBear5630
Forest Bueller said:

FLBear5630 said:

Forest Bueller said:

4th and Inches said:

Waco1947 said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Waco1947 said:

Border czar, failure

I saw the damned film where they called her that in detail, multiple times. I know dupes like 47 are easily or willfully fooled. Not me.
You guys are not the target audience... I have a real hard time getting that across. I would say less than 1% of the Baylor message board is in the Kamala target group...
Forest Bueller
Oldbear83 said:

FLBear5630 said:

Forest Bueller said:

4th and Inches said:

Waco1947 said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Waco1947 said:

Border czar, failure

Pretty much everyone understands what 'fact checkers' really are by now.

Virtually all are leftist organizations making sure the leftist message is filtered to be more palatable and acceptable to the average voter. Politifact being the worst of them.
Forest Bueller
Mitch Blood Green said:

Oldbear83 said:

Mitch Blood Green said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Mitch Blood Green said:

New video of VP Harris zipping past Trump.

That doesn't show her "zipping past" anyone.

In fact, the sky behind her is going sideways, which means she's in a spin out. She went too hard left.

Perfect depiction, thank you.

The Mach 5 don't go sideways, youngin!
That's enough comments from Spritle/ChimChim.

Just accept it's a meme fail, and move on.

I touch myself to Trixie. Still a 9.

Trixie is smoking hot. There.
Forest Bueller
Oldbear83
FLBear5630 said:

Oldbear83 said:

I am going by what Trump is doing and what Vance has said and is saying. I am not going by what the data pushers want you to see. Keep going by the polls. Maybe you will find the Hillary win and the Big Red Wave...
OK, so you are at least aware that Trump overperformed vs polling in 2016. You should know he also did that in 2020. Because the polls have not changed their methodologies, that fact means, ceteris paribus, that a tight race in 2024 polls very much favors Trump.

You should have paid more attention to math class.
FLBear5630
Oldbear83 said:

FLBear5630 said:

Oldbear83 said:

OK, so you are at least aware that Trump overperformed vs polling in 2016. You should know he also did that in 2020. Because the polls have not changed their methodologies, that fact means, ceteris paribus, that a tight race in 2024 polls very much favors Trump.

You should have paid more attention to math class.

I work with models, polls and surveys enough to know that methodologies are updated, especially when they are not accurate. The Hillary miss triggered an update of the methodology to make sure it didn't happen in 20 and 22. In 22 it over counted GOP. I would not be so sure it is undercounting Trump.

Regardless, Trump needs to stop doing stupid things.
Oldbear83
"The Hillary miss triggered an update of the methodology to make sure it didn't happen in 20"

Actually, no that did not happen. There was some panic then things stayed the same.

And anyone who knows polling understands that Presidential election years are different from mid-term polling.

D. C. Bear
Waco1947 said:

Perceived strengths of Harris
1.Harris's prosecutable powers as an attorney and her performance in Senate committees have indicated a keen intelligence.
2. She's a terrific public and fast on her rhetorical feet.
3. She saw close the legislative process that god through a remarkable set of policies
4. In California she worked closely with the trades to establish a prison-to-construction-union-apprenticeship pipeline, under which former felons could enter the union-run apprenticeship programs, with a guarantee of good-paying work upon completionand a pretty fair guarantee of eschewing recidivism, too. (The American Prospect)
5. Support among black women and a key to the black vote
6. Her relative youth
7. A fresh face on the Democratic Front
8. Stick it Trump rhetorically
9. A new level of enthusiasm among Democratic base voters and a rhetorical ability, as she demonstrated in her talk to party workers yesterday and the ability to articulate the contrast between the Americas that each party wants to build.
10. Suddenly, the Democratic base is fired up. Biden's age or mental acuity no longer matter.

I haven't followed every word they vice president has said in committees, but I have heard her interviewed (NPR, basically softball questions) and after listening to her my reaction was to pray for Joe Biden's health. She sounded like a blithering idiot.
4th and Inches

Spits on the constitution.. even Biden knows better
Adopt-a-Bear 2024

#90 COOPER LANZ ( DL )
CLASS Junior
HT/WT 6' 3", 288 lbs

CLASS Sophomore
HT/WT 6' 3", 273 lbs
FLBear5630
Oldbear83 said:

"The Hillary miss triggered an update of the methodology to make sure it didn't happen in 20"

Actually, no that did not happen. There was some panic then things stayed the same.

And anyone who knows polling understands that Presidential election years are different from mid-term polling.

Beauty is it is early. Here is the July 29th data. Let's see where it goes... Very easy to see who is right.

Right now, we are seeing everything from Harris +1 in WSJ and NY Times to Trump up +7 in Rasmussen.

Let's see what other issues besides the polling we can score...
  • Harris campaign is going after Vance - You believe it doesn't matter. I say he is an anchor and will hurt.
  • Clinton's/Obama's support of Harris - You seem to think, immaterial. I say it changes the election.
  • Hollywood - You say nobody pays attention to the Jennifer Aniston's, Oprah's, and Clooney's. I say they have more influence than anyone on Trump's side.

Accurate?

I, unlike others on this Board, will admit when I am wrong... You have enough sack to admit when you are wrong? Haven't seen it yet, but I will give you the benefit of the doubt. Or do you plan to just insult, that has been more consistent with my experience with you.
chriscbear
I think Kamala is a "goofy cat lady".
4th and Inches
Rassmussen has been consistently more accurate than the others you listed.

I think they are pushing the polls up a little bit higher than they should be in order to make it look like a larger group is supporting this change. Yes, there is a change and there are more people behind her than behind Biden. I don't think it's as big as is reflected in those polls.

I also think Rass is too high at plus 7, its probably Trump +2 right now
Adopt-a-Bear 2024

#90 COOPER LANZ ( DL )
CLASS Junior
HT/WT 6' 3", 288 lbs

CLASS Sophomore
HT/WT 6' 3", 273 lbs
FLBear5630
4th and Inches said:

Rassmussen has been consistently more accurate than the others you listed.

I think they are pushing the polls up a little bit higher than they should be in order to make it look like a larger group is supporting this change. Yes, there is a change and there are more people behind her than behind Biden. I don't think it's as big as is reflected in those polls.

I also think Rass is too high at plus 7, its probably Trump +2 right now
I would agree, that is a reasonable assessment.

I would like to see Trump make some policy discussions a priority, rather than the name calling.

Hit the economy, foreign relations, taxes, energy... There is so much, too much personal attacks that his base likes but turns off Independents.
Oldbear83
FLBear5630 said:

Oldbear83 said:

Beauty is it is early. Here is the July 29th data. Let's see where it goes... Very easy to see who is right.

Right now, we are seeing everything from Harris +1 in WSJ and NY Times to Trump up +7 in Rasmussen.

Let's see what other issues besides the polling we can score...
  • Harris campaign is going after Vance - You believe it doesn't matter. I say he is an anchor and will hurt.
  • Clinton's/Obama's support of Harris - You seem to think, immaterial. I say it changes the election.
  • Hollywood - You say nobody pays attention to the Jennifer Aniston's, Oprah's, and Clooney's. I say they have more influence than anyone on Trump's side.

Accurate?

I, unlike others on this Board, will admit when I am wrong... You have enough sack to admit when you are wrong? Haven't seen it yet, but I will give you the benefit of the doubt. Or do you plan to just insult, that has been more consistent with my experience with you.
To your points, then:

You should consider the timing. Harris immediately attacked Vance over a 2021 comment, not exactly the most damaging action nor the optimal timing to help her when the votes come out (compare that to Gore's timing of Bush's DUI arrest during the 2000 campaign, for example).

• Clinton's/Obama's support of Harris - You seem to think, immaterial. I say it changes the election

• The Obamas did not want Harris, nor did the Clintons. Their statements are pro-forma only, and lukewarm at best. I do think it's material, but that it hurts Harris in gaining momentum.

• Strongly disagree. This election depends on the Independents, and Harris' circle of support just is not important enough to override concerns about the economy. I agree that Trump also lacks luminaries to win over voters (seriously, Kid Rock and The Hulk?), but he understands he will win on issues or not at all.

And no, you do not always admit when you are wrong. Consider that we have known for months now that Trump would be the GOP nominee, yet you have constantly whined about getting someone else. I wanted DeSantis and voted for him in the primary, but I understood when the primary race was decided and have not dwelled on what cannot be.

And boyo, you do more than your share of insulting. Maybe if you were more cordial, you'd get that back.

I do appreciate when we can talk on substance, so thanks for that.
TinFoilHatPreacherBear
Not the bee has a fun article on Kamala's $1 Billion electric school bus program that netted a whopping 60 whole busses. She's gushed about the program several times over the years. Just more of her great leadership on display.
D. C. Bear
TinFoilHatPreacherBear said:

Not the bee has a fun article on Kamala's $1 Billion electric school bus program that netted a whopping 60 whole busses. She's gushed about the program several times over the years. Just more of her great leadership on display.

So $16,666,666 each? Wonder if that's correct.
Harrison Bergeron
Amazing this has not been removed:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2024/03/15/kamala-harris-quit-biden-2024/

Her performance as second in command has been disappointing, to say the least. Americans have taken note. Though Democrats unsurprisingly like her more than Republicans do, a recent analysis by FiveThirtyEight set her average overall approval rating at just 37.2 percent, among the lowest recorded for a vice president.
There's no reason to think her ranking would spike were she suddenly promoted to the Oval Office. Instead, most signs point to disaster. This is why I propose with all due respect that Harris step away from the ticket.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.