Can We Have a Serious, Objective Discussion About Kamala Harris?

23,052 Views | 454 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by 4th and Inches
Frank Galvin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
whitetrash said:

Frank Galvin said:

KaiBear said:

Frank Galvin said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Frank Galvin said:

As VP how was Kamala supposed to stop the flow of illegal/undocumented?

She failed to accomplish an impossible task.
Thank you for agreeing she's unfit for office.

Between failing to accomplish an impossible task and not defending the Capitol while it is being overrun, I know who I am going to pick as unfit

You insist on repeating a lie.

Enforcing existing Federal immigration laws is not an 'impossible task '.

Both Obama and Trump succeeded.

It is impossible for the Vice President. She has no authority and no bargaining chips. John Garner said it best: no statement is more repeated than John Nance Garner's observation that the office "is not worth a bucket of warm spit."

She may or may not be a good candidate or a good president. But judging her by what she did as VP is just stupid.

If there ever was a VP who was familiar with a bucket of warm spit, it's the current occupant.

Unless she swallows instead.

User name checks out.
Fre3dombear
Midnight Rider said:

Let's try to have a serious, objective discussion without the tribalism and conspiracy theories that are so prevalent on this board.

From my viewpoint, as one who leans Democratic but has never, ever been a fan of Joe Biden, what Kamala Harris has accomplished in the last three days has been nothing short of amazing. I am talking about the money she has raised, about garnering the support of enough delegates to become the presumptive nominee. and about now leading Trump in one of the most recent polls. All this in three days time. Like her or not, she is off to a great start.

As for her VP pick, it seems to be coming down to either Mark Kelly or Josh Shapiro. Either would be a solid pick, but Shapiro, being Jewish, might be considered too much pro-Israel in the current political environment.

Can we have a serious, objective discussion?

Ummmmm. You think kamala did this?

She traveled all over, worked the phones and got those people to give her money? Seriously?
Harrison Bergeron
Fre3dombear said:

Midnight Rider said:

Let's try to have a serious, objective discussion without the tribalism and conspiracy theories that are so prevalent on this board.

From my viewpoint, as one who leans Democratic but has never, ever been a fan of Joe Biden, what Kamala Harris has accomplished in the last three days has been nothing short of amazing. I am talking about the money she has raised, about garnering the support of enough delegates to become the presumptive nominee. and about now leading Trump in one of the most recent polls. All this in three days time. Like her or not, she is off to a great start.

As for her VP pick, it seems to be coming down to either Mark Kelly or Josh Shapiro. Either would be a solid pick, but Shapiro, being Jewish, might be considered too much pro-Israel in the current political environment.

She traveled all over, worked the phones and got those people to give her money? Seriously?

She was literally coronated by a small group of billionaires in the least democratic election in U.S. history by the same Orwellian gaslighters that project the
other side is a THREAT TO DEMOCRACY!
Mothra
Frank Galvin said:

KaiBear said:

Frank Galvin said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Frank Galvin said:

Between failing to accomplish an impossible task and not defending the Capitol while it is being overrun, I know who I am going to pick as unfit

It is impossible for the Vice President. She has no authority and no bargaining chips. John Garner said it best: no statement is more repeated than John Nance Garner's observation that the office "is not worth a bucket of warm spit."

She may or may not be a good candidate or a good president. But judging her by what she did as VP is just stupid.
She was a part of an administration that did nothing, and was tasked with that goal by Biden himself, according to his own words.

I tell you, for those of you critical about Trump's every move, you guys sure are willing to excuse incompetence when it comes to your own party.

At least be consistent. I can (and have) criticized Trump, repeatedly, when he deserved it.
Mothra
Waco1947 said:

parch said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

parch said:

Doc Holliday said:

parch said:

The whole point of this thread was subjective assessment. Mayorkas was, is, and will continue to be the actual border czar, and even that is a misnomer because he doesn't have that broad of authority. It was never Harris, ever. Mayorkas oversees the country's main three immigration agencies, including Customs and Border Protection. If you want an actual border czar, look up Roberta Jacobson - and her role hasn't existed in three years.

If you read it off a page, Harris' actual tasking was convincing companies to invest in Central America and promoting democracy and development there through diplomacy. Whether she did that well is up for debate, but that's just the reality. She never had a role at the border because she wasn't given one.
Subjectively she's part of the Biden administration who hasn't done anything to protect the border and I can only conclude she will do the same based on her own public statements on the topic.

We're supposed to believe she will get a handle on the border based on what?
I have no idea if she'll reverse trends on actual on-the-border issues. She may be awful at it. She may be surprisingly adept. I'm not the one pre-judging. The point is that, subjectively, she's never had an actual crack at it in the first place. Those decisions were not on her desk or anywhere near it.
She oversaw the largest human trafficking, drug smuggling, terrorist infiltrating period in U.S. history.

The only thing that is a lie is the gaslighting and trying to rewrite history.
Biden's border policy was drawn out before Harris was even tapped as the VP, so I don't know how you figure she "oversaw" anything. She was assigned one task on immigration, to carry out the Root Cause Strategy targeted at infrastructure fundraising for the Northern Triangle outlined in Biden's campaign planks, and she did that. That was it. She had no hand in policy development or implementation on the border. No VP ever has or ever will. It's just as stupid a campaign attack as people who came after Pence for Trump's shortcomings. VP's are extensions of presidential policy and senatorial tiebreakers and nothing more.
You are clearly describing her role on the border issue but the right leaning swarm here are bent on finding new angles to beat a dead horse.
Biden himself said he assigned her the task of controlling the border. You are clearly spinning her incompetence, which is of course what I would expect a partisan hack such as yourself to do.
4th and Inches
Adopt-a-Bear 2024

#90 COOPER LANZ ( DL )
CLASS Junior
HT/WT 6' 3", 288 lbs

#50 KAIAN ROBERTS-DAY ( DL )
CLASS Sophomore
HT/WT 6' 3", 273 lbs
BearFan33
She was tough in the senate. But on the big stage of VP she has been abysmal. Its like she got into Hunter's stash bad.

Some things I have read is that she lost her original communications team when becoming VP and it really really shows. She apparently was abusive to staff.

I'm sure the best team will be supporting her now.

For those KH supporters, please list her accomplishments. Raising money is not an accomplishment. How has she helped the country? I did read she helped get a mother mortality bill passed which is helpful. Everything else I read is all about how fantastic she is because of her race.
Frank Galvin
Mothra said:

Frank Galvin said:

KaiBear said:

Frank Galvin said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Frank Galvin said:

She was a part of an administration that did nothing, and was tasked with that goal by Biden himself, according to his own words.

I tell you, for those of you critical about Trump's every move, you guys sure are willing to excuse incompetence when it comes to your own party.

At least be consistent. I can (and have) criticized Trump, repeatedly, when he deserved it.
And I have crticized Biden-Afghanistan, the border, and age all stand out. I repeatedly bemoaned the fact that he was the nominee. I also have said Trump did some good things-Mideast policy, tougher on China come to mind. On immigration I like his (by that I mean Stephen Miller's) idea that we should focus legal immigration based on skills rather than family connections. You are not the only one with a slightly broader perspective.

I am just saying what you know to be true-as VP she had zero chance of doing anything on immigration policy. Biden was not going to decide unilaterally to get tougher on immigration no mater what she said or did. The GOP house (at Trump's insistence) were not going to allow any sort of reform no matter what she said or did. Her "assignment" was Biden's half-ass way of avoiding talking about the issue.

Pressing her for what she would do differently from Biden should be something everyone should listen to. Pretending she could have accomplished some diplomatic, legislative or executive action that would have reduce the number of immigrants ignores reality.

Frank Galvin
BearFan33 said:

She was tough in the senate. But on the big stage of VP she has been abysmal. Its like she got into Hunter's stash bad.

Some things I have read is that she lost her original communications team when becoming VP and it really really shows. She apparently was abusive to staff.

For those KH supporters, please list her accomplishments. Raising money is not an accomplishment. How has she helped the country? I did read she helped get a mother mortality bill passed which is helpful. Everything else I read is all about how fantastic she is because of her race.
She was an effective prosecutor. As Californai AG she implemented lots of criminal justice reforms, some of which worked, some of which did not, and some of which are controversial. But I like people willing to try new ideas. On the civil side, she did more to hold the mortgage industry accountable for the 2008 meltdown than most.

She was a junior senator in the minority party. So she did not accomplish anything other than to cast losing votes and to look impressive in oversight and nomnation hearings. Maybe a thin record. But volumes thicker than what Donald Trump had done to help the country before 2016.
Harrison Bergeron
At the end of the day, she's an inarticulate idiot who flunked the bar and only got her for being a nookie girl and half-black. She's the only president that make Joe Biden not the stupidest president in American history.
Daveisabovereproach
The ability of a presidential candidate to raise money during the initial excitement of their announcement makes you weak at the knees? Man, I can do a card trick I just learned from watching a 10 minute YouTube video that would blow your mind
Daveisabovereproach
Harrison Bergeron said:

At the end of the day, she's an inarticulate idiot who flunked the bar and only got her for being a nookie girl and half-black. She's the only president that make Joe Biden not the stupidest president in American history.

For all the stuff the Democratic Party preaches about women's empowerment and all that, it seems that all Democrat women get their power the old-fashioned way - marrying the right man. In this case, a rich Jew
KaiBear
Frank Galvin said:

BearFan33 said:

She was an effective prosecutor. As Californai AG she implemented lots of criminal justice reforms, some of which worked, some of which did not, and some of which are controversial. But I like people willing to try new ideas. On the civil side, she did more to hold the mortgage industry accountable for the 2008 meltdown than most.

She was a junior senator in the minority party. So she did not accomplish anything other than to cast losing votes and to look impressive in oversight and nomnation hearings. Maybe a thin record. But volumes thicker than what Donald Trump had done to help the country before 2016.

Good grief

The Dem power brokers could have nominated AOC and you would be proclaiming what a great dancer she is .
Guy Noir
I don't think Ms Harris is going to balance the budget. She will spend, spend, spend and tax,tax,tax.
I don't think she will control the southern border either.
Jack Bauer
BearFan33 said:

As VP, 90% of her staff left. is that an "accomplishment"?
Harrison Bergeron
Daveisabovereproach said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

For all the stuff the Democratic Party preaches about women's empowerment and all that, it seems that all Democrat women get their power the old-fashioned way - marrying the right man. In this case, a rich Jew
I think the same things when I see the stupid Facebook memes about "damaging your daughter if you criticize Brown." Basically the message of Kamala is "to be successful, give head to powerful men."
Harrison Bergeron
KaiBear said:

Frank Galvin said:

BearFan33 said:

Good grief

The Dem power brokers could have nominated AOC and you would be proclaiming what a great dancer she is .
Yep. All they care about is power/
Frank Galvin
KaiBear said:

Frank Galvin said:

BearFan33 said:

Good grief

I siad this: "She was a junior senator in the minority party. So she did not accomplish anything other than to cast losing votes and to look impressive in oversight and nomnation hearings" and you somehow see the post as unqualified praise. What is factually incorrect about the post?
Frank Galvin
Harrison Bergeron said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

I think the same things when I see the stupid Facebook memes about "damaging your daughter if you criticize Brown." Basically the message of Kamala is "to be successful, give head to powerful men."
**** shaming is going to work out really well for you and your party.

Harris had a short relationship with Willie Brown and he got her appointed to an inconsequential board after that relationship ended. You can be as ugly as you want about that. But every time you spout this bs it just proves what a misogynist you are.

KaiBear
Frank Galvin said:

KaiBear said:

Frank Galvin said:

BearFan33 said:

Good grief

I siad this: "She was a junior senator in the minority party. So she did not accomplish anything other than to cast losing votes and to look impressive in oversight and nomnation hearings" and you somehow see the post as unqualified praise. What is factually incorrect about the post?

Come on counselor .

You have been arranging your comments about Harris in this best light possible for days now.

You are a hyper partisan. The old time phrase was 'blue dog Democrat '. Party first and everything else 2nd. Nothing particularly wrong with this approach. With some folks it frees them up from any sense of guilt or accountability of what their choice has wrought .

Frank Galvin
KaiBear said:

Frank Galvin said:

KaiBear said:

Frank Galvin said:

BearFan33 said:

Good grief

Come on counselor .

You have been arranging your comments about Harris in this best light possible for days now.

You are a hyper partisan. The old time phrase was 'blue dog Democrat '. Party first and everything else 2nd. Nothing particularly wrong with this approach. With some folks it frees them up from any sense of guilt or accountability of what their choice has wrought .

Sorry, but the only hyper partisan in this conversation is the one who sees the mildest of praise for Harris as some sort of affront. Again-show me where the post is incorrect.

She wasn't my first choice. She probably would not be my 100th choice. But she is better then the current version of Biden and light years better than Trump. So I am glad she is now going to be the nominee and I am going to vote for her.
KaiBear
Frank Galvin said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Harris had a short relationship with Willie Brown and he got her appointed to an inconsequential board after that relationship ended. You can be as ugly as you want about that. But every time you spout this bs it just proves what a misogynist you are.

So now if one accurately criticizes Harris they are misogynist.

Shocking it took so long for this approach to re appear . What, maybe 72 hours ?

Heck it only took 48 hours for your one of your talking heads to proclaim that blacks were somehow obligated to vote for Harris .

LOL

Can you imagine the absolute **** show that would erupt if a talking head implied Anglos were obligated to vote for Trump ?

He would be fired within hours.

But somehow , someway you guys have established an over powering double standard .
KaiBear
LOL

You would vote for AOC or any other mediocrity your Dem power brokers pushed to the top. ( Primaries are so 60's )

Would post something similar about any Republican nominee.

You are a hyper partisan.

It's a brain numbing approach to voting. But nothing inherently wrong with it .

Have fun.

BusyTarpDuster2017
Jack Bauer said:

BearFan33 said:

As VP, 90% of her staff left. is that an "accomplishment"?
Media and Frank Galvin: "She is an effective downsizer".
Harrison Bergeron
Frank Galvin said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

You keep believing that if it makes you feel better. Brown got where she was because she was a nookie girl to powerful men (Montell Williams, Willie Brown) and a Didn't Earn It hire the rest of her career. But you keep gaslighting and telling us the Russia Hoax was real and Hunter's laptop was fake. You're little Race Card games have run their course - you're Peter and have cried wolf too many times.
Doc Holliday
Frank Galvin
KaiBear said:

Frank Galvin said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Shocking it took so long for this approach to re appear . What, maybe 72 hours ?

Heck it only took 48 hours for your one of your talking heads to proclaim that blacks were somehow obligated to vote for Harris .

LOL

Can you imagine the absolute **** show that would erupt if a talking head implied Anglos were obligated to vote for Trump ?

But somehow , someway you guys have established an over powering double standard .

His post was misogynistic because he used sex as the basis for his criticism not because he criticized her.

I am pretty sure you understand the distinction.

Waco1947
Porteroso said:

Wangchung said:

Frank Galvin said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Frank Galvin said:

Ah yes, of course it's an impossible task to people who tell themselves that walls don't work.

We all know even had Mexico paid for a border length wall to have been erected, it would not have stopped illegal immigration.

First you'd need to get Canada to pay for a wall too, then routinely detonate likely spots for underground tunnels along the length of the border, then kill anyone who still Ger crosses, then institute far more restrictive policies on shipping and what is allowed into ports, then start executing all customs officers that accept bribes, and by that point, I bet you'd have very little illegal immigration.

Trump will do this or similar, right? Cuz if not, no need to compare his record on immigration to Harris', both would fail spectacularly and already have 4 years of failed spectacularly.
East Germany call. They have more ideas about the wall.
Harrison Bergeron
Frank Galvin said:

KaiBear said:

Frank Galvin said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

LOL

His post was misogynistic because he used sex as the basis for his criticism not because he criticized her.

I am pretty sure you understand the distinction.
Einstein. No one mentioned her sex. You're imagining things again like Trump banned Muslims and it is illegal to say "gay" in Florida. The only thing you have is "ANYONE WHO DISAGREES WITH ME IS RACIST!"

So what effective policy did VP Brown come up with to solve the human trafficking, drug trafficking, and terrorist trafficking at the border?
Mitch Blood Green
She came hard in the paint. She gets a bounce in 4 weeks and just has to hold on for 76 days.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Here is at least one article that has not yet been scrubbed where Biden put Kamala in charge of the border crisis at the Southern border.

From 3/24/2021

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-56516332
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
TinFoilHatPreacherBear
Not going read the whole thread. OP starts off by wanting to be objective but then is immediately not objective.

By any objective standards, Kamala did not pull anything off. She is the VP and the obvious play. The existing power structure are the ones that pulled everything off. Absolutely through no effort of Kamala. She is the defacto figurehead of the Biden admin. Any other play would have been ill received and tumultuous.
What's amazing is that Democrats view her as a worthy leader. Truly living in crazy times.
Jack Bauer
ScottS
Harrison Bergeron said:

Fre3dombear said:

Midnight Rider said:

She was literally coronated by a small group of billionaires in the least democratic election in U.S. history by the same Orwellian gaslighters that project the
other side is a THREAT TO DEMOCRACY!

Wait a second, haven't we been told that all billionaires are for Trump/Republicans?
ScottS
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Here is at least one article that has not yet been scrubbed where Biden put Kamala in charge of the border crisis at the Southern border.

From 3/24/2021

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-56516332

You do realize that this goes against the media template, right?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.