Culture & Society in 2018....

69,105 Views | 791 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by quash
Jack Bauer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BrooksBearLives said:

Jack Bauer said:

First of all, she's a politician. Politics is literally her thing.

Secondly, this all started when someone else politicized wearing a facemask and she responded. Ocasio-Cortez literally has reporters following behind her and snapping creepy pics of her clothes complaining about how she's not "poor enough" and THIS is the hill you choose to die on?

Grow up, dude. There are plenty of actual reasons to disagree with her. I even have a few. But don't give her **** about politicizing things when she's just responding to others.

You have to get over it.
"THIS" is the hill you choose to die on??

Are you kidding me? Are you always this dramatic about a post?
riflebear
BrooksBearLives said:

riflebear said:

Again with your obsession about other people's love-lives. You have a strange fixation.
This is a thread about culture & society. Last time I checked this was a big issue and people trying to change toys to further their LGBTQ agenda is a big story in society right now. If you don't care then don't read it.
BrooksBearLives
Doc Holliday said:

BrooksBearLives said:

riflebear said:

Again with your obsession about other people's love-lives. You have a strange fixation.
Quit playing dumb. This is about social engineering.

I'm sorry, but what?

Could you please explain to me what you mean by "social engineering?" This is an honest question.
BrooksBearLives
riflebear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

riflebear said:

This is a thread about culture & society. Last time I checked this was a big issue and people trying to change toys to further their LGBTQ agenda is a big story in society right now. If you don't care then don't read it.
What "agenda" do you think the LGBTQ has?
riflebear
BrooksBearLives said:

riflebear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

riflebear said:

You know the answer to that, we've seen it over the past 20+ years. Not everyone, but the politics of it is always used as a wedge for liberals.
BrooksBearLives
riflebear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

riflebear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

riflebear said:

You know the answer to that, we've seen it over the past 20+ years. Not everyone, but the politics of it is always used as a wedge for liberals.
No. I'm not letting you off the hook.

You said there was an agenda. Please explain it. Use broad strokes, if you must.
riflebear
BrooksBearLives said:

riflebear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

riflebear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

riflebear said:

You said there was an agenda. Please explain it. Use broad strokes, if you must.
No reason to play your games. Anyone living under a rock knows what I'm talking about, nice try though. Carry on. Plus, I'm trying to work so no need to get into these silly debates that doesn't help anyone anyway.

I see your Cinque 2.0 acct is on fire lately. Well done.
Your team has been ignoring our questions and not calling out your own side for criminal acts for years. Maybe some day...
riflebear
Let em all in, what could go wrong...

BrooksBearLives
riflebear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

riflebear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

riflebear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

riflebear said:

No reason to play your games. Anyone living under a rock knows what I'm talking about, nice try though. Carry on. Plus, I'm trying to work so no need to get into these silly debates that doesn't help anyone anyway.

I see your Cinque 2.0 acct is on fire lately. Well done.
Your team has been ignoring our questions and not calling out your own side for criminal acts for years. Maybe some day...
So you're just going to wuss out?

If it's so obvious, why can't you spare a few sentences? Not even broad strokes?
LIB,MR BEARS
BrooksBearLives said:

riflebear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

riflebear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

riflebear said:

It wasn't my statement but I'll give it a shot

The LGBTQ wanted marriage because a civil union wasn't good enough. They were able to redefine marriage to include two adults , regardless of sex. With that win, they wanted to be considered normal in living/ acting outside of what had always been the conventional norms. That has gained traction. Now with that gaining traction, every nut-job headcase wants their special case to become the new norm. As a result, we have calls for Ken's boyfriend over market forces and genderless Santa over traditional Santa. We have Target scared to merchandise a boys department and a girls department because the new social justice outweighs market forces. Fat is not fat, not is it unhealthy. It's just the new normal (yes, I'm fat 5'7", 200lbs)

What used to be different is now normal and different cannot be condemned.

Political correctness was being spineless but is now normal.
Tats were different but are now normal
Piercing was different now normal
Ear gauges (sp) were different now normal
Cutting was different now normal
Pink hair was different now normal
Fat was different now normal
Public F-bombs now normal
Trans now normal
Same-sex now normal
Gender fluidity quickly becoming normal

The list is long and getting longer by the day

Simple things like growing up and wanting freedom and a drives license were normal but not any longer.

What used to good is bad and bad is good.
Doc Holliday
BrooksBearLives said:

Doc Holliday said:

BrooksBearLives said:

riflebear said:

Quit playing dumb. This is about social engineering.

I'm sorry, but what?

Could you please explain to me what you mean by "social engineering?" This is an honest question.
The pursuit of egalitarianism through force by disenfranchising preexisting social norms and natural behaviors.
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." ~ John Adams
BrooksBearLives
Those fighting for civil rights for african Americans literally had to FORCE America to threat them equally.

Those fighting them used literally the exact same complaint you just used.

Are you sure you want to put yourself on this side of history?
Doc Holliday
BrooksBearLives said:

Those fighting for civil rights for african Americans literally had to FORCE America to threat them equally.

Those fighting them used literally the exact same complaint you just used.

Are you sure you want to put yourself on this side of history?
Oh shut the **** up.

The civil rights movement was necessary and those opposed to it are not using the same argument I am.

That's not even close to what is happening today...and a slap in the face of African American's who actually fought for an equal starting line.

What you have today is a massive portion of citizens who think they're entitled to special treatment. You likely fit that category as you're a dramatic leftist perpetuating victimhood.
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." ~ John Adams
BrooksBearLives
LIB,MR BEARS said:

BrooksBearLives said:

riflebear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

riflebear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

riflebear said:

The LGBTQ wanted marriage because a civil union wasn't good enough. They were able to redefine marriage to include two adults , regardless of sex. With that win, they wanted to be considered normal in living/ acting outside of what had always been the conventional norms. That has gained traction. Now with that gaining traction, every nut-job headcase wants their special case to become the new norm. As a result, we have calls for Ken's boyfriend over market forces and genderless Santa over traditional Santa. We have Target scared to merchandise a boys department and a girls department because the new social justice outweighs market forces. Fat is not fat, not is it unhealthy. It's just the new normal (yes, I'm fat 5'7", 200lbs)

Trans now normal
Same-sex now normal

Simple things like growing up and wanting freedom and a drives license were normal but not any longer.

So your problem is that there's more acceptance in the world?

Doc Holliday
BrooksBearLives said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

BrooksBearLives said:

riflebear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

riflebear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

riflebear said:

Trans now normal
Same-sex now normal

The problem is what you define as acceptance is actually a huge threat to humanity.
You just don't quite have the mental capacity to see these things play over time.

Telling our children they can pick and choose genders is not healthy for society and defies science...yet following your equity doctrine will have society get to that point because you deem anyone opposed to it as an evil human being.

If I had a child with gender dysphoria, I'm taking him to get mental health help...not pumping him full of hormones and putting a dress on him at the age of 8. I'm not taking the advice of Vox, CNN, Huffingpaint or any of those western culture haters.

Your leftist BS exercised in it's full capacity in the U.S. will have my actions deemed illegal and abusive when we inevitably get there someday.

You don't know the fire you're playing with.
BrooksBearLives
Okay. So we finally get to it.

You think Gays "taking over" is going to end the world by degrading our social structure and culture.

Is that fair?
LIB,MR BEARS
BrooksBearLives said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

BrooksBearLives said:

riflebear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

riflebear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

riflebear said:

Trans now normal
Same-sex now normal

Im offended you think I have a problem, you judgemental pig!!!

Now with that out of my system, yes. I don't give a rat's azz about pink hair, ear gauges tats etc. Those are like hair styles. Heck, I had a mullet and a rat tail-awesome fashion statement. However, many traditional norms are for the betterment of society.

It is completely normal now to have a fatherless home. However, virtually all the data lines up on my side of the subject that a father in the home is a good thing. Dad may not provide the instantaneous warm fuzzies like some dude shopping for a dress but in the long run and big picture, Dad being around makes things better for us all.

I guess I'm not accepting of short-term jollies in exchange for long-term losses.

Show me the data where I'm wrong.
Doc Holliday
BrooksBearLives said:

You think Gays "taking over" is going to end the world by degrading our social structure and culture.

Is that fair?
Of course you stereotype and think I'm making my argument from a hateful place.

I don't hate gays or trans people, I don't care what they do. They have the full right to be whatever they want.

What I hate is people like you who think they're "woke" and decide the fabric of society needs to be challenged.
That is an agenda.

When people like you say "You can be any gender you want child", you're inviting them to choose. The child who would have been perfectly normal is now confused, pumped full of hormones and screwed up. You think you're being proactive, fighting against hate, bigotry etc....you're not. You have a radically different view of how society should be and it's not one that has existed for thousands of years. You don't even think about the ramifications these things can have.
BrooksBearLives
Doc Holliday said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Is that fair?
Of course you stereotype and think I'm making my argument from a hateful place.

I don't hate gays or trans people, I don't care what they do. They have the full right to be whatever they want.

What I hate is people like you who think they're "woke" and decide the fabric of society needs to be challenged.
That is an agenda.

When people like you say "You can be any gender you want child", you're inviting them to choose. The child who would have been perfectly normal is now confused, pumped full of hormones and screwed up. You think you're being proactive, fighting against hate, bigotry etc....you're not. You have a radically different view of how society should be and it's not one that has existed for thousands of years. You don't even think about the ramifications these things can have.
Dude, you don't get to infer that allowing a child to buy two male Ken Dolls is leading to the downfall of human kind and say you're not hateful. I guess I'm sorry if that bothers you?

This talk about the fabric of society and all this crap you're spouting is just window dressing for you thinking people should conform to your standards of living. It's short-sited.

Old men have been lecturing the world about what is going to cause the downfall of society for as long as there have been old men. You're wrong and have always been wrong.

Life will march on. You will be left in the dust and your kids and grandkids will end up having to edit out your "wisdom" about those different from you until people don't remember it at all.
LIB,MR BEARS
BBL, I'm still waiting on your data.

I know. I know. Dads are not fashionable but, dang, on average, they produce some stellar results. Is the data set large enough for two moms or two dads to present some trustworthy data on that side. If not, be patient.
BrooksBearLives
You're serious? Having two parents in the home is absolutely preferable. Where did I argue against that?

Show me THAT data.
Florda_mike
BrooksBearLives said:

Is that fair?

^^^ Shows his true colors again!

Here you go showing you belong in idiocracy type government again
Florda_mike
BrooksBearLives said:

You're serious? Having two parents in the home is absolutely preferable. Where did I argue against that?

Show me THAT data.

BBL a 2 parent home to you is 2 dads and 2 mom homes

Admit it! Right?

You know we're talking about a male dad and a female mom 2 parent home don't you?

Florda_mike
nm
quash
riflebear said:

This is what happens when you give liberals control for 8 years...

May is a liberal? News to her party. The Conservative Party.

Oh wait, you thought this was a story about the US...
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
LIB,MR BEARS
BrooksBearLives said:

Show me THAT data.
you didn't. But it fits well with the laundry list of items I listed that are now acceptable.

I noticed you said two parents. Do you believe that, on average, a child has a better chance being raised by a) two moms b) two dads c) one mom and one dad in the same home?
Why did you answer as you did?
BrooksBearLives
LIB,MR BEARS said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Show me THAT data.
you didn't. But it fits well with the laundry list of items I listed that are now acceptable.

I noticed you said two parents. Do you believe that, on average, a child has a better chance being raised by a) two moms b) two dads c) one mom and one dad in the same home?

Available data says there are more important factors indicating future success than the number of parents. For instance, income is MUCH more closely correlated to success than just having two parents in the house.

I said two parents because that's what I meant. There is pretty much no data suggesting two moms or two dads or a mom and grandma, etc make you end up better or "worse." Especially when success is so incredibly subjective.

Same-sex parent units show no negative effects on their children. I was reading a few months ago how, out of 79 studies on this 75 show no difference between same sex parents and mixed sex parents (and the four outliers had serious sampling issues).

I can try and find that if you want.
LIB,MR BEARS
BrooksBearLives said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Show me THAT data.

Available data says there are more important factors indicating future success than the number of parents. For instance, income is MUCH more closely correlated to success than just having two parents in the house.

I said two parents because that's what I meant. There is pretty much no data suggesting two moms or two dads or a mom and grandma, etc make you end up better or "worse." Especially when success is so incredibly subjective.

Same-sex parent units show no negative effects on their children. I was reading a few months ago how, out of 79 studies on this 75 show no difference between same sex parents and mixed sex parents (and the four outliers had serious sampling issues).

no reason to. Keep me listed in the bigot category.

I firmly believe that a dad brings certain things into a child's life that a mom doesn't and vice verse (on average ). It will take a generation or two for us to get realistic data on two moms/dads. There have not been enough around for a long enough period of time to provide enough data points to be accurate.

At this point, I'll choose to disagree with you.
Florda_mike
BrooksBearLives said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Show me THAT data.

Guess this answers my questions to you

Yuck

I should have expected this I guess

I'll certainly agree to disagree with you

I'd suggest you shouldn't talk politics if you come to my house for Christmas.

Warning - My little sister was a full contact karate champ
BrooksBearLives
LIB,MR BEARS said:

BrooksBearLives said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Show me THAT data.

I firmly believe that a dad brings certain things into a child's life that a mom doesn't and vice verse (on average ). It will take a generation or two for us to get realistic data on two moms/dads. There have not been enough around for a long enough period of time to provide enough data points to be accurate.

I am the beneficiary of a loving mother and father who loved each other MADLY. I lost my father four years ago and the hurt hasn't subsided. I still haven't been able to take his number out of my phone. It's still there and I want to call it all the time. I'm raising two girls with my beautiful wife.

But my cousins lost their father -my uncle- 30 years ago. It was especially hard on the 2 and 4 year olds who never really knew my uncle. I got to know him a bit and I was lucky for it (we were practically raised in the same home).

They're doctors and marines officers and social workers and artists and accomplished coaches -my cousin just was named coach of the year for his division (there was 7 of them).

My dad made a special difference. I like to think I'm making a special difference. But I work with amazing young people every day who come from all kinds of backgrounds two parents. One parent. Every permutation in between. I'm thinking that parents mean a lot less than just being loved and cared for. And that's not something limited to "traditional" nuclear families. A bad father can screw you up just as much as a good one can help you.

I'm really disappointed you won't even look at the data. It seemed like it meant a lot to you when you thought it would back up your world view. I'd think you'd care about it now. Maybe you'll come back to it later.
https://whatweknow.inequality.cornell.edu/topics/lgbt-equality/what-does-the-scholarly-research-say-about-the-wellbeing-of-children-with-gay-or-lesbian-parents/
Florda_mike
BrooksBearLives said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

BrooksBearLives said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Show me THAT data.

I am the beneficiary of a loving mother and father who loved each other MADLY. I lost my father four years ago and the hurt hasn't subsided. I still haven't been able to take his number out of my phone. It's still there and I want to call it all the time. I'm raising two girls with my beautiful wife.

But my cousins lost their father -my uncle- 30 years ago. It was especially hard on the 2 and 4 year olds who never really knew my uncle. I got to know him a bit and I was lucky for it (we were practically raised in the same home).

They're doctors and marines officers and social workers and artists and accomplished coaches -my cousin just was named coach of the year for his division (there was 7 of them).

My dad made a special difference. I like to think I'm making a special difference. But I work with amazing young people every day who come from all kinds of backgrounds two parents. One parent. Every permutation in between. I'm thinking that parents mean a lot less than just being loved and cared for. And that's not something limited to "traditional" nuclear families. A bad father can screw you up just as much as a good one can help you.

I'm really disappointed you won't even look at the data. It seemed like it meant a lot to you when you thought it would back up your world view. I'd think you'd care about it now. Maybe you'll come back to it later.
https://whatweknow.inequality.cornell.edu/topics/lgbt-equality/what-does-the-scholarly-research-say-about-the-wellbeing-of-children-with-gay-or-lesbian-parents/

BBL a male dad and female mom will be proven to be the ultimate home to raise a kid

God made it that way so man can't change that as hard as they may try

Very sorry for loss of your dad and I understand not taking his name out of phone. I'm assuming you listen to his voice occasionally on that

God bless

I'll pray for you
riflebear
Great news for young kids they don't have to believe in science anymore therefore we can stop teaching it in school.

Florda_mike
riflebear said:

Great news for young kids they don't have to believe in science anymore therefore we can stop teaching it in school.

^^^ Makes stomach churn

These people are mentally off .... bad off in head

When this is condoned and even celebrated, we as a society, are in trouble. Baaaaaadddd trouble too!

This is NOT God's will, says that small voice in back of my head. Scary times when this is publicized
Malbec
BBL is textbook "the programmed become the programmers." His tactics are survivalist in nature. Can you imagine swimming in the cesspool of present-day academia every single day? Either you get out or you get with the program. And you don't get out unscathed. You leave the same way wiseguys, bangers and Scientologists leave.
BrooksBearLives
Man. You seem to know a whole lot about my world and existence.

Care to explain any more, oh wise one?

Where did I leave my keys?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.