40% of Homes in Tx have Guns

14,976 Views | 142 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Waco1947
Waco1947
How long do you want to ignore this user?
609 deaths or wounded.
Gun safety begins with spreading the truthful information: people who bring guns into their homes are endangering themselves and their loved ones. David Frum
Waco1947
trey3216
That's a summer in Chicago.
Mr. Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
BUwolverine2012
Waco1947 said:

609 deaths or wounded.
Gun safety begins with spreading the truthful information: people who bring guns into their homes are endangering themselves and their loved ones. David Frum

lol
contrario
Statistics show that one person is killed every 2 hours and 20 minutes, and one person is injured every 1 minute and 59 seconds in automobile accidents in Texas. If you have a car, you are putting yours and your family's life in danger.
303Bear
contrario said:

Statistics show that one person is killed every 2 hours and 20 minutes, and one person is injured every 1 minute and 59 seconds in automobile accidents in Texas. If you have a car, you are putting yours and your family's life in danger.
Over 2700 fatalities on TX roads this year! Countless other injured.

Also love that we are circling back to this, apparently the bleached bones fragments of that horse showed some signs of life...
J.R.
Blah. I have tons of guns, but they are all in safes and everyone knows how to handle them.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Waco1947 said:

609 deaths or wounded.

That's it? That's very disappointing. I thought the percentage would have been higher. We are not quite the Wild West state that we have been made out to be.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
william
94% have beef.

- BUmma

pro ecclesia, pro javelina
bearassnekkid
Waco1947 said:

609 deaths or wounded.
I've got lots of guns in my house. They endanger the life of anyone who breaks into my home with the intent to harm me or my family.
Doc Holliday
J.R. said:

Blah. I have tons of guns, but they are all in safes and everyone knows how to handle them.
Yet you're increasingly moving to the left...
riflebear
Waco1947 said:

609 deaths or wounded.
What is this stat from? Are you saying their have been 609 accidental deaths related to guns out in the open in the homes of Texans? What time frame, this year or over how many years?
CSIBear
Waco1947 said:

609 deaths or wounded.
40% of Texas households is about 2.9 million homes. 609 incidents in those homes is something like 0.021%

2000 census https://www.census-charts.com/HF/Texas.html
4th and Inches
CSIBear said:

Waco1947 said:

609 deaths or wounded.
40% of Texas households is about 2.9 million homes. 609 incidents in those homes is something like 0.021%

So Its that bad?! Take all the guns now! Revoke the second amendment!
Keyser Soze
Swimming Pools kill more small children than guns.
El Oso
I'm also interested in the source of Wacos 609 deaths stat.

For the last 4 years running, according to the CDC a little over 3,000 Texans are killed every year by a gun.

So:
1. Things are way down this year? Like seriously, that beyond a significant drop. Even with 2 months and 1 week to go.
2. The CDC has been making up data for quite awhile now?
3. Waco saw a number and thought he'd just run with It?

Now before you get too excited Waco about this new number, it's still .0.00120% of all gun owners doing something bad with a gun.

And I'd wager 99.3% of that .00120 number is criminals who should not have a gun anyway and did something criminal to get one.

(My wager based on TX DPS data on how likely a LTC holder is to commit a crime.)
Keyser Soze
60% of gun deaths are suicides - CDC numbers likely include those
El Oso
Yes, and that's part of the problem.

When talking about gun deaths people should always reveal their source for a statistic because very few calculate the same way.

Like earlier this year when CNN, and others, said there had been 19 school shootings, but most "counters" had the number at 4.
whitetrash
CSIBear said:

Waco1947 said:

609 deaths or wounded.

By comparison, that's less than 1/4 of the amount of Peruvian blood that Elizabeth Warren has.
Waco1947
riflebear said:

Waco1947 said:

609 deaths or wounded.
What is this stat from? Are you saying their have been 609 accidental deaths related to guns out in the open in the homes of Texans? What time frame, this year or over how many years?
https://www.txgunsense.org/articles/texas-gun-violence-facts
Waco1947
CSIBear
Waco1947 said:

riflebear said:

Waco1947 said:

609 deaths or wounded.
From your source, only 113 incidents of injury or death by firearms involved a child less than 15 years old. The rest, or 496, is for 15 -19 year olds. The report also doesn't mention anything about these injuries happening in the home or by weapons that reside in the home. I have a feeling you knew that but chose to purposely mislead people (lie).
Waco1947
CSIBear said:

Waco1947 said:

riflebear said:

Waco1947 said:

609 deaths or wounded.
From your source, only 113 incidents of injury or death by firearms involved a child less than 15 years old. The rest, or 496, is for 15 -19 year olds. The report also doesn't mention anything about these injuries happening in the home or by weapons that reside in the home. I have a feeling you knew that but chose to purposely mislead people (lie).
No. kids are still dead or wounded because Gun safety begins with spreading the truthful information: people who bring guns into their homes are endangering themselves and their loved ones. David Frum
Waco1947
YoakDaddy
Happy to be part of the 40% that exercises my 2nd amendment right!
Waco1947
YoakDaddy said:

Cool. Parents of dead children are happy for you
Waco1947
CSIBear
Waco1947 said:

YoakDaddy said:

There is tremendous irony when you try to be an advocate for dead kids.
Waco1947
CSIBear said:

Waco1947 said:

YoakDaddy said:

. That's stupid slander. Jerk
Waco1947
CSIBear
Waco1947 said:

CSIBear said:

Waco1947 said:

YoakDaddy said:

No, unfortunately, it is a factual statement. Much more factual than all of yours in this thread. Believe me, I wish it was slander...
J.R.
Doc Holliday said:

J.R. said:

Yet you're increasingly moving to the left...
not left. No respect for trump
YoakDaddy
Waco1947 said:

YoakDaddy said:

And parents of dead children are relevant to my guns how?
contrario
Waco1947 said:

CSIBear said:

Waco1947 said:

YoakDaddy said:

It's not slander. You advocate for a group of people to have the right to kill another group of people. The number of unborn children that have been killed by abortion far outnumbers the number that have been killed by guns. What's remarkable is that you don't see this. If you were at least consistent, I could respect your opinion, but your inconsistency rings hollow.
Wrecks Quan Dough
william said:

94% have beef.

- BUmma

That is not enough. Our work is not yet finished, my friend. Stay hungry.
Waco1947
Keyser Soze said:

Amnd your comment does nothing to refute my assertion (Frum) Gun safety begins with spreading the truthful information: people who bring guns into their homes are endangering themselves and their loved ones. David Frum
Waco1947
Waco1947
Carlos Safety said:

william said:

94% have beef.

- BUmma

That is not enough. Our work is not yet finished, my friend. Stay hungry.
NO. You are a liar. I am anti abortion.
Waco1947
Keyser Soze
Waco1947 said:

Keyser Soze said:

Amnd your comment does nothing to refute my assertion (Frum) Gun safety begins with spreading the truthful information: people who bring guns into their homes are endangering themselves and their loved ones. David Frum

reply outside the quotes

If there were no guns there would be no gun deaths - that is an undeniable fact. So what? It is not part of the real world.

To bring a gun into your own home is a choice protected by our Constitution. We all assume risk in countless things in everyday life.

cowboycwr
Waco1947 said:

609 deaths or wounded.

Here you go again. Spreading lies.

You have been told numerous times by several posters that this quote is a lie, not truthful, and had no evidence to support it.
Waco1947
cowboycwr said:

Waco1947 said:

609 deaths or wounded.

Here you go again. Spreading lies.

You have been told numerous times by several posters that this quote is a lie, not truthful, and had no evidence to support it.
. What part is a lie?
Safety is compromised
Guns in the home
Endangerment to friends and family
Which is the lie? I'm all ears
Waco1947

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.