40% of Homes in Tx have Guns

14,813 Views | 142 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Waco1947
cms186
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sam Lowry said:

cms186 said:

Sam Lowry said:

My number is 10,000%.

Guns are used in self-defense against violent crime approximately 100 times for every 1 accidental gun death. This is according to statistics favored by gun control advocates, not by the NRA. Therefore, if the number of accidental gun deaths increased by more than 10,000%, the costs of gun ownership would begin to exceed the benefits.
and noone is arguing to take your gun ownership away
Sure they are:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/27/opinion/john-paul-stevens-repeal-second-amendment.html

i meant on here, but either way. Fwiw, i think the 2nd amendment is outdated and totally irrelevant to modern day America, but thats my opinion, I also think Gun Culture is too firmly entrenched in America and American politics for it to ever be repealed, well, "ever" might be a bit strong, times change, but probably 0% chance in my lifetime, the NRA and its financial bakers would never allow it to happen, they own too many Politicians.

I'm the English Guy
303Bear
cms186 said:

Sam Lowry said:

cms186 said:

Sam Lowry said:

My number is 10,000%.

Guns are used in self-defense against violent crime approximately 100 times for every 1 accidental gun death. This is according to statistics favored by gun control advocates, not by the NRA. Therefore, if the number of accidental gun deaths increased by more than 10,000%, the costs of gun ownership would begin to exceed the benefits.
Sure they are:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/27/opinion/john-paul-stevens-repeal-second-amendment.html

i meant on here, but either way. Fwiw, i think the 2nd amendment is outdated and totally irrelevant to modern day America, but thats my opinion, I also think Gun Culture is too firmly entrenched in America and American politics for it to ever be repealed, well, "ever" might be a bit strong, times change, but probably 0% chance in my lifetime, the NRA and its financial bakers would never allow it to happen, they own too many Politicians.

How is it outdated?

What is "Gun Culture"?

Which politicians does the NRA "own", and how much do the contribute compared to other major donors/lobbyists?
Waco1947
Cars, knives, stairs, steak knives hair dryers safety begins with spreading the truthful information: people who bring them into their homes are endangering themselves and their loved ones. Waco1947
Waco1947
Waco1947
And
Waco1947 said:
. What part is a lie?
Safety is compromised
Guns in the home
Endangerment to friends and family
Which is the lie? I'm all ears
Waco1947
bearassnekkid
Waco1947 said:

Cars, knives, stairs, steak knives hair dryers safety begins with spreading the truthful information: people who bring them into their homes are endangering themselves and their loved ones. Waco1947

Exactly. So who cares?

Your statement about guns is true of virtually any other household item. It is a meaningless statement.
bearassnekkid
cms186 said:

Sam Lowry said:

cms186 said:

Sam Lowry said:

My number is 10,000%.

Sure they are:

Thank God you aren't a citizen here, and that your statements above are true.
Waco1947
bearassnekkid said:

Waco1947 said:

Exactly. So who cares?

Your statement about guns is true of virtually any other household item. It is a meaningless statement.
I care and you care. It is why you take extreme safety precautions, especially with children in house. It's not meaningles. You take the danger very seriously because you care.
Waco1947
cms186
303Bear said:

cms186 said:

Sam Lowry said:

cms186 said:

Sam Lowry said:

My number is 10,000%.

Sure they are:

How is it outdated?

What is "Gun Culture"?

Which politicians does the NRA "own", and how much do the contribute compared to other major donors/lobbyists?
Because it was implemented in a time when America needed a "Militia" and when the most advanced "Arms" available to the Public was a Musket that could fire 2-3 times a minutes, times change, even Thomas Jefferson recognised that people not adapting the laws of the Land to the times they lived in was stupid.

The Culture of some People in America treating Guns like everyday possessions tgat are essential to their lives

https://www.ajc.com/news/national/senators-house-members-who-offered-condolences-after-shooting-called-out-for-donations-from-nra/tpitHXUY9jDH3pr4f7f7cM/

I'm the English Guy
cowboycwr
cms186 said:

Sam Lowry said:

cms186 said:

Sam Lowry said:

My number is 10,000%.

Sure they are:

I see stinque has taught you a myth.

1. What is gun culture?

2. How is it outdated?

3. You don't live here so your opinions mean 0

4. LOL. The tired old NRA line. The NRA is not as powerful as you are led to believe by the media.
cowboycwr
Waco1947 said:

And
Waco1947 said:
. What part is a lie?
Safety is compromised
Guns in the home
And Cowboycwr has explained that to you. Multiple times. But you fail to listen because you are not all ears. You only listen to things that further your beliefs and refuse to accept anything that would hurt your world view.
El Oso
Waco1947 said:

And
Waco1947 said:
. What part is a lie?
Safety is compromised
Guns in the home
You're just saying that you're listening but you're not. You debunked your own quote on page 2 of this very thread when responding to me about a gun in a home. This was you're response: There is no danger except you are human.

Now you want to focus on the human part of your quote--but the human is irrelevant to the gun. The human is dangerous with or without the gun.

Then you admitted that you're response proved it wrong. This is what you posted immediately after I pointed out you just debunked your own quote: You are right one can never remove the human element and they make mistakes.

Your focus shifted to the human. You know the human is the dangerous part of this equation. You've admitted it twice. Since then--you've just doubled down on the original quote.

When you're wrong--just admit it. Being wrong doesn't have to change your overall belief. Somebody got me on a gun issue I totally misrepresented. I owned my mistake and am still pro gun.

That's all you have to do. Stop making the same mistake over and over and over. We have a word for that.

You're about to go the way of cinque and jinx2 when it comes to discussing guns. I won't respond to you any more if you continue to just repeat a tag line over and over and try to pretend you're actually wanting to learn something. (Actually, I don't respond to jinx2 because she has repeatedly asked to have her account deleted, but for whatever reason won't leave.)

I'm too old to argue for the sake of arguing anymore. Besides, I have two teenagers at home who are far more skilled at that type of discussion than you are should I need a "fix."
El Oso
cms186 said:

Because it was implemented in a time when America needed a "Militia" and when the most advanced "Arms" available to the Public was a Musket that could fire 2-3 times a minutes, times change, even Thomas Jefferson recognised that people not adapting the laws of the Land to the times they lived in was stupid.

The Culture of some People in America treating Guns like everyday possessions tgat are essential to their lives

https://www.ajc.com/news/national/senators-house-members-who-offered-condolences-after-shooting-called-out-for-donations-from-nra/tpitHXUY9jDH3pr4f7f7cM/

This is just historically inaccurate.

You should research things like the puckle gun.

There was also a 22 shot rifle in existence in 1791. It didn't have a specific name, but if you read reports from the Lewis and Clark expedition, you'll learn a lot.

You should read about James Madison and his constant pressure on the firearm industry to develop guns that could shoot repetitively. The same James Madison who authored the second amendment,

You could always look in to the research that was being done at Harper's Ferry and in Springfield, Mass to meet this request.

You won't. You'll still think the second amendment applies only to 1-3 shot guns. But you'll be wrong.
303Bear
cms186 said:

303Bear said:

How is it outdated?

What is "Gun Culture"?

Thanks for the response.

As for outdated, early repeating arms were available at the time of the revolution. Heavy weapons were also well known. The average Kentucky Rifle was a far superior weapon to the muskets carried by British regulars. "Arms" was not limited in the language, which commonly accepted rules of construction indicates it is meant to be used expansively (e.g., would also include blades). We are free to disagree about the details, but you are seeking to limit the scope far more than you realize if your position includes a limit on semi-automatic arms.

You yourself limit the "culture" by saying "some". Similar to the "rape culture" (I am merely picking something contemporary) charges, it is difficult to claim a "culture" unless you can point to a large segment of the population who agree that certain actions are acceptable. While there are absolutely those who think the ability to own arms is essential to long term liberty, I think you will struggle to find that there is a sizeable segment of any kind that supports unfettered access to and use of guns in any situation.

As for the lobbying money. The link you posted accounts for all money spent from 1989-2016, a 27 year span. Also of note is this line: "The total dollar amounts comprise donations made by the National Rifle Association, its affiliates, and its members, as well as "outside money" consisting of campaign spending conducted on behalf of political candidates by NRA political action committees, in all campaign cycles since 1989." Thus, they include all money that is possibly tangentially connected to the NRA. While there are single issue voters who probably did contribute based on the NRA alone, it seems disingenuous to connect every one of those dollars over almost 3 decades to the NRA.

As for 2016, the NRA made ~$4mm in direct lobby donations, which puts them outside of the top 50 direct lobbyists for that cycle. Even including the fuzzy "campaign spending" amounts by related PACs (basically none of which goes to any candidate), they are not at the top of the list (I also note, different sources disagree as to what this number even is). Here is the list of top 50 direct lobbying contributors: https://thehill.com/business-a-lobbying/business-a-lobbying/318177-lobbyings-top-50-whos-spending-big

Finally, the tweet you posted brings up another interesting point. Several of the names listed received amounts of less that $10,000. Many less than $5,000. Some roughly on par with the max individual campaign donation amount. While it makes a great quick hitting tweet to throw up a list of a bunch of names, it would be lunacy to say a representative is "in my pocket" if I contributed $2,700 directly. Granted, plenty got a lot more, but overall lobbying amounts are just absurd across many industries, and no individual NRA contribution cracks the top 10 of those either.
Doc Holliday
Waco1947 said:

bearassnekkid said:

Waco1947 said:

Exactly. So who cares?

I care and you care. It is why you take extreme safety precautions, especially with children in house. It's not meaningles. You take the danger very seriously because you care.
You clearly do not understand the concept of personal responsibility and reaping what you sow.
If you are careless it's on you...not society. You just want to blame society instead of individuals.

This is why you're a radical leftist. Remedying the situation by destroying freedoms is not a solution.

You live in a sinful, dark, evil world full of suffering. It's been like this forever and it will end like this. You should know this, especially if you're a preacher or religious. Accept it and hold individuals accountable instead of looking for a safe space or blanket.
ScottS
Another BS 1947 thread....I can't get the time back
cms186
El Oso said:

cms186 said:

This is just historically inaccurate.

You should research things like the puckle gun.

There was also a 22 shot rifle in existence in 1791. It didn't have a specific name, but if you read reports from the Lewis and Clark expedition, you'll learn a lot.

You should read about James Madison and his constant pressure on the firearm industry to develop guns that could shoot repetitively. The same James Madison who authored the second amendment,

You could always look in to the research that was being done at Harper's Ferry and in Springfield, Mass to meet this request.

You won't. You'll still think the second amendment applies only to 1-3 shot guns. But you'll be wrong.
the Puckle gun was a prototype that never even reached Military use, let alone Civilian use, as with virtually all rapid firing firearms at the time of, or before the writing of the second amendment, they were either inadequate in design or prohibitive in cost.

Also, thats not what i said about "You'll still think the second amendment applies only to 1-3 shot guns." I said it was written at a time when those kinds of weapons were the norm and now that vastly more sophisticated weapons exist and are available to the public, perhaps that should be taken into account
I'm the English Guy
cms186
303Bear said:

cms186 said:

303Bear said:

How is it outdated?

What is "Gun Culture"?

Thanks for the response.

As for outdated, early repeating arms were available at the time of the revolution. Heavy weapons were also well known. The average Kentucky Rifle was a far superior weapon to the muskets carried by British regulars. "Arms" was not limited in the language, which commonly accepted rules of construction indicates it is meant to be used expansively (e.g., would also include blades). We are free to disagree about the details, but you are seeking to limit the scope far more than you realize if your position includes a limit on semi-automatic arms.

You yourself limit the "culture" by saying "some". Similar to the "rape culture" (I am merely picking something contemporary) charges, it is difficult to claim a "culture" unless you can point to a large segment of the population who agree that certain actions are acceptable. While there are absolutely those who think the ability to own arms is essential to long term liberty, I think you will struggle to find that there is a sizeable segment of any kind that supports unfettered access to and use of guns in any situation.

As for the lobbying money. The link you posted accounts for all money spent from 1989-2016, a 27 year span. Also of note is this line: "The total dollar amounts comprise donations made by the National Rifle Association, its affiliates, and its members, as well as "outside money" consisting of campaign spending conducted on behalf of political candidates by NRA political action committees, in all campaign cycles since 1989." Thus, they include all money that is possibly tangentially connected to the NRA. While there are single issue voters who probably did contribute based on the NRA alone, it seems disingenuous to connect every one of those dollars over almost 3 decades to the NRA.

As for 2016, the NRA made ~$4mm in direct lobby donations, which puts them outside of the top 50 direct lobbyists for that cycle. Even including the fuzzy "campaign spending" amounts by related PACs (basically none of which goes to any candidate), they are not at the top of the list (I also note, different sources disagree as to what this number even is). Here is the list of top 50 direct lobbying contributors: https://thehill.com/business-a-lobbying/business-a-lobbying/318177-lobbyings-top-50-whos-spending-big

Finally, the tweet you posted brings up another interesting point. Several of the names listed received amounts of less that $10,000. Many less than $5,000. Some roughly on par with the max individual campaign donation amount. While it makes a great quick hitting tweet to throw up a list of a bunch of names, it would be lunacy to say a representative is "in my pocket" if I contributed $2,700 directly. Granted, plenty got a lot more, but overall lobbying amounts are just absurd across many industries, and no individual NRA contribution cracks the top 10 of those either.
As I understand it, whilst the early Rifle was vastly superior in terms of accuracy, it took a lot longer to reload that the musket and was also a lot tougher to maintain for the average infantry man. As i said to someone else, im not trying to limit the present day 2nd amendment to what was available at the time it was written, but given the massive advance in technology since then, surely it makes sense to re-visit it in some scope?

But there is a large segment of the population that feels that Guns are an important part of their life, to the extent that Gun Rights is one of the main things that influences their voting behaviour, isnt there?

No, compared to other donations that Politicians get, the NRA isnt far up the list, perhaps i should have clarified and said the NRA has many Politicians "in it's pocket" on issues regarding Gun Rights.
I'm the English Guy
bearassnekkid
Waco1947 said:

bearassnekkid said:

Waco1947 said:

Exactly. So who cares?

What is the POINT? Do you have a point?

I'm aware that hair dryers can be dangerous if used improperly or if they get in the hands of a child. So what is your point? What are you trying to say?
cowboycwr
cms186 said:

303Bear said:

cms186 said:

Sam Lowry said:

cms186 said:

Sam Lowry said:

My number is 10,000%.

Sure they are:

How is it outdated?

What is "Gun Culture"?

False. There were guns that already fired more than that.

There were essentially early gattling guns. There were cannons (owned by private citizens or militias), ships with multiple cannons , etc.

Then of course the fact that those were the same weapons owned/used by the armies of the world.
cowboycwr
cms186 said:

303Bear said:

cms186 said:

303Bear said:

How is it outdated?

What is "Gun Culture"?

Thanks for the response.

As I understand it, whilst the early Rifle was vastly superior in terms of accuracy, it took a lot longer to reload that the musket and was also a lot tougher to maintain for the average infantry man. As i said to someone else, im not trying to limit the present day 2nd amendment to what was available at the time it was written, but given the massive advance in technology since then, surely it makes sense to re-visit it in some scope?

But there is a large segment of the population that feels that Guns are an important part of their life, to the extent that Gun Rights is one of the main things that influences their voting behaviour, isnt there?

No, compared to other donations that Politicians get, the NRA isnt far up the list, perhaps i should have clarified and said the NRA has many Politicians "in it's pocket" on issues regarding Gun Rights.
When the first amendment was written there were only newspapers.

Therefore, radio, tv, internet, etc should not have the freedom of speech because the technology for them did not exist at that time.

That is how stupid your thinking about the second amendment is.
Aliceinbubbleland
303Bear said:

contrario said:

Statistics show that one person is killed every 2 hours and 20 minutes, and one person is injured every 1 minute and 59 seconds in automobile accidents in Texas. If you have a car, you are putting yours and your family's life in danger.
Over 2700 fatalities on TX roads this year! Countless other injured.

Also love that we are circling back to this, apparently the bleached bones fragments of that horse showed some signs of life...
I'm surprised CNN doesn't run 24/7 on the death toll from road fatalities in America. I guess it isn't sensational enough and everyone knows it's "no fault" deaths. Ya gotta have a villian.
Doc Holliday
There is ZERO evidence that removing, banning or making guns "harder" to get will have any effect on anyone's ability to get those guns. It would only effect law abiding citizens who will ignore the law anyways in defense of the constitution and 2nd amendment.

cowboycwr
Doc Holliday said:

There is ZERO evidence that removing, banning or making guns "harder" to get will have any effect on anyone's ability to get those guns. It would only effect law abiding citizens who will ignore the law anyways in defense of the constitution and 2nd amendment.

Wait, wait, wait....

So you mean that pointing out how it worked in a couple of island countries (many of which are the size of one or two states and not the entire US) and none of which have multiple countries bordering them, the same size population as the US, etc is not "evidence?"

Waco1947
cowboycwr said:

Waco1947 said:

And
Waco1947 said:
. What part is a lie?
Safety is compromised
Guns in the home
And Cowboycwr has explained that to you. Multiple times. But you fail to listen because you are not all ears. You only listen to things that further your beliefs and refuse to accept anything that would hurt your world view.
no you haven't. You answer questions you want to answer.
So answer right next the statement please
1) Safety is compromised with
Guns in the home
2) Endangerment to friends and family
So show me the lies.
Waco1947
cowboycwr
Waco1947 said:

cowboycwr said:

Waco1947 said:

And
Waco1947 said:
. What part is a lie?
Safety is compromised
Guns in the home
Guns in the home
So show me the lies.

Yes I have. In other threads. And you ignored the answers then. Go read those threads if you want the answers again. Because if I post them here you won't read them. Others have posted them in this very thread and you have ignored them.
Waco1947
cowboycwr said:

Waco1947 said:

cowboycwr said:

Waco1947 said:

And
Waco1947 said:
. What part is a lie?
Safety is compromised
Guns in the home
Guns in the home
So show me the lies.

Yes I have. In other threads. And you ignored the answers then. Go read those threads if you want the answers again. Because if I post them here you won't read them. Others have posted them in this very thread and you have ignored them.

you could have answered by now with all your ducking weaving.
"Safety is compromised
Guns in the home
Endangerment to friends and family"
Which is the lie?
You won't answer because you're wrong.
Waco1947
cowboycwr
Waco1947 said:

cowboycwr said:

Waco1947 said:

cowboycwr said:

Waco1947 said:

And
Waco1947 said:
. What part is a lie?
Safety is compromised
Guns in the home
Guns in the home
So show me the lies.

you could have answered by now with all your ducking weaving.
"Safety is compromised
Guns in the home
Endangerment to friends and family"
Which is the lie?
You won't answer because you're wrong.

All of it is a lie.

Safety is not compromised. It is much better. Much safer with a gun.

My friends and family don't have access to them unless I choose to give it to them.

It is a lie. But you will keep repeating it because it makes you feel good.

You are the one who is wrong. Every time you post it and every time you get called out for it and yet you keep doing it.

Should I pull up the thread where you even apologized for posting the same lie?
corncob pipe
J.R. said:

Doc Holliday said:

J.R. said:

Blah. I have tons of guns, but they are all in safes and everyone knows how to handle them.
Yet you're increasingly moving to the left...
No respect for trump
303Bear
cms186 said:

Muzzle loading arms are largely the same with regard to upkeep and firing rate. It is an involved process but remember, these were made and used on the frontier of an unexplored land, so reliability issues or upkeep problems would have quickly lead to other weapons. And remember, the rifling made these guns accurate out to 3-400 yards, whereas the standard infantry musket (carried by both the British and American regular armies) could likely only be relied on to hit a target out to 50-60 yards, so the Kentucky rifle was the super weapon of the day. And again, cannons, shotguns and blades of all kind existed and were in civilian hands at the time the amendment was penned, all with no limits inserted in the document.

Guns being an important part of life does not a "culture" make. At least not in the sense I think you mean. There is not a large segment of the population that are members of a modern militia, gangs or other groups that use/rely on weapons regularly and if you surveyed 100 gun owners you will probably get 80+ different answers as to why they like/support guns and gun rights. As for the voting issue, it informs votes, surely, I cannot deny that, but to call it a "culture" is off the mark IMO. Abortion informs many votes as well, but no one (that I am aware of, or with any sincerity) claims there is an "abortion" culture.

The NRA is a special interest group, and the larges of the "gun rights" groups. It will of course have influence in that area. Just as google has influence in the media/technology sector due to its size and purse. "In the pocket" or not, a majority of representatives and senators are not going to serially vote against the wishes of their constituents, especially not on an issue as prominent as guns.
Sam Lowry
Waco1947 said:

cowboycwr said:

Waco1947 said:

And
Waco1947 said:
. What part is a lie?
Safety is compromised
Guns in the home
Guns in the home
So show me the lies.
1) Guns are used successfully in self-defense far more often than they cause accidental death. Therefore your statement is false.

2) The problem here is your misuse of the term "endangerment." We've established that guns are dangerous in the same way as cars and many other tools. To say they endanger friends and family in that sense is true, but also meaningless. Endangerment in the morally or legally significant sense involves something more -- not just everyday, garden variety danger but also an element of excessiveness, unreasonableness, or recklessness. To say that guns endanger friends and family in this sense would be meaningful, if only it were true.

The lie you're telling is this. Having established that guns "endanger" friends and family in the former, meaningless sense of the word, you disingenuously and stubbornly pretend that you've proven endangerment in the latter sense.

This is a logical fallacy known as equivocation.
Waco1947
You just repeated your lies as if they were facts
All of it is a lie.

Safety is not compromised. It is much better. Much safer with a gun. >>>>>>>>> you lock the damn thing up don't you? Why? Because it's dangerous<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

My friends and family don't have access to them unless I choose to give it to them. >>>>>>>>>> good for you until you forget <<<<<<<<?<<<<?????

It is a lie. But you will keep repeating it because it makes you feel good. >>>I repeat because you have no case. The mere fact you lick them up means-get this they are dangerous. <<<<???,,?

You are the one who is wrong. Every time you post it and every time you get called out for it and yet you keep doing it.

It's not a lie. Guns in a home compromise it's safety. It's why you lock the damn things up.
Waco1947
CSIBear
Waco1947 said:

All of it is a lie.

Safety is not compromised. It is much better. Much safer with a gun. >>>>>>>>> you lock the damn thing up don't you? Why? Because it's dangerous<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

My friends and family don't have access to them unless I choose to give it to them. >>>>>>>>>> good for you until you forget <<<<<<<<?<<<<?????

It is a lie. But you will keep repeating it because it makes you feel good. >>>I repeat because you have no case. The mere fact you lick them up means-get this they are dangerous. <<<<???,,?

It's not a lie. Guns in a home compromise it's safety. It's why you lock the damn things up.
You don't know why he locks it up. Maybe he just doesn't want it stolen. Do you lock your car doors? Do you lock the doors to your house? All you do is lie. It is so sad and pathetic.

Your "facts" get proven false time and time again but you still lie to everyone. No have no credibility left.
cowboycwr
Waco1947 said:

All of it is a lie.

No I don't lock mine up most of the time. I live alone so no need to.

No they don't have access to them ever.

So if you lock something up it is dangerous? Is that why you lock your car at the store? Or your house when you leave? Or a bike

LOL. I see you ignored me asking if I should pull the thread up where you admit it was a lie.

And the "preacher" has started cussing.
cowboycwr
Sam Lowry said:

Waco1947 said:

cowboycwr said:

Waco1947 said:

And
Waco1947 said:
. What part is a lie?
Safety is compromised
Guns in the home
Guns in the home
So show me the lies.
1) Guns are used successfully in self-defense far more often than they cause accidental death. Therefore your statement is false.

2) The problem here is your misuse of the term "endangerment." We've established that guns are dangerous in the same way as cars and many other tools. To say they endanger friends and family in that sense is true, but also meaningless. Endangerment in the morally or legally significant sense involves something more -- not just everyday, garden variety danger but also an element of excessiveness, unreasonableness, or recklessness. To say that guns endanger friends and family in this sense would be meaningful, if only it were true.

The lie you're telling is this. Having established that guns "endanger" friends and family in the former, meaningless sense of the word, you disingenuously and stubbornly pretend that you've proven endangerment in the latter sense.

This is a logical fallacy known as equivocation.

And yet another poster has now proven that 47's quote is a lie--- but he will still use it. He doesn't care.
El Oso
Actually I only lock the damn thing up because you, Cinque, jinx think that if somebody kicks in my door and steals my gun I should be responsible for whatever this person does with my gun.

A locked up gun does me no good. I keep one within arms reach almost 24/7.

Excuse me Mr. Bad Guy, I need to open my safe. Can you wait right here?

F that. The door was closed for your protection not mine.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.