40% of Homes in Tx have Guns

14,979 Views | 142 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Waco1947
bearassnekkid
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sam Lowry said:

Waco1947 said:

cowboycwr said:

Waco1947 said:

And
Waco1947 said:
. What part is a lie?
Safety is compromised
Guns in the home
Endangerment to friends and family
Which is the lie? I'm all ears
And Cowboycwr has explained that to you. Multiple times. But you fail to listen because you are not all ears. You only listen to things that further your beliefs and refuse to accept anything that would hurt your world view.
no you haven't. You answer questions you want to answer.
So answer right next the statement please
1) Safety is compromised with
Guns in the home
2) Endangerment to friends and family
So show me the lies.
1) Guns are used successfully in self-defense far more often than they cause accidental death. Therefore your statement is false.

2) The problem here is your misuse of the term "endangerment." We've established that guns are dangerous in the same way as cars and many other tools. To say they endanger friends and family in that sense is true, but also meaningless. Endangerment in the morally or legally significant sense involves something more -- not just everyday, garden variety danger but also an element of excessiveness, unreasonableness, or recklessness. To say that guns endanger friends and family in this sense would be meaningful, if only it were true.

The lie you're telling is this. Having established that guns "endanger" friends and family in the former, meaningless sense of the word, you disingenuously and stubbornly pretend that you've proven endangerment in the latter sense.

This is a logical fallacy known as equivocation.

Game. Set. Match.

End of thread.
Waco1947
cowboycwr said:

Sam Lowry said:

Waco1947 said:

cowboycwr said:

Waco1947 said:

And
Waco1947 said:
. What part is a lie?
Safety is compromised
Guns in the home
And Cowboycwr has explained that to you. Multiple times. But you fail to listen because you are not all ears. You only listen to things that further your beliefs and refuse to accept anything that would hurt your world view.
Guns in the home
So show me the lies.
1) Guns are used successfully in self-defense far more often than they cause accidental death. Therefore your statement is false.

2) The problem here is your misuse of the term "endangerment." We've established that guns are dangerous in the same way as cars and many other tools. To say they endanger friends and family in that sense is true, but also meaningless. Endangerment in the morally or legally significant sense involves something more -- not just everyday, garden variety danger but also an element of excessiveness, unreasonableness, or recklessness. To say that guns endanger friends and family in this sense would be meaningful, if only it were true.

The lie you're telling is this. Having established that guns "endanger" friends and family in the former, meaningless sense of the word, you disingenuously and stubbornly pretend that you've proven endangerment in the latter sense.

And yet another poster has now proven that 47's quote is a lie--- but he will still use it. He doesn't care.
Usedsuccessfully more than tragedy? That says nothing about safety. Kidsstill die because a gun is in the home.
Waco1947
Waco1947
Bareass "The problem here is your misuse of the term "endangerment." We've established that guns are dangerous in the same way as cars and many other tools. To say they endanger friends and family in that sense is true, but also meaningless. Endangerment in the morally or legally significant sense involves something more -- not just everyday, garden variety danger but also an element of excessiveness, unreasonableness, or recklessness. To say that guns endanger friends and family in this sense would be meaningful, if only it were true."
And apparently people are excessively careless, unreasonable , and reckless hence guns in homes are dangerous. It's why you lock them up unless you're the silly poster who keeps it at arms length 24/7. He's human and will make a mistake. He's a danger to me and himself in part because he so cock sure about his gun safety. It's called hubris.

Waco1947
Sam Lowry
Waco1947 said:

cowboycwr said:

Sam Lowry said:

Waco1947 said:

cowboycwr said:

Waco1947 said:

And
Waco1947 said:
. What part is a lie?
Safety is compromised
Guns in the home
Guns in the home
So show me the lies.

And yet another poster has now proven that 47's quote is a lie--- but he will still use it. He doesn't care.
Usedsuccessfully more than tragedy? That says nothing about safety. Kidsstill die because a gun is in the home.
Kids die because stairs are in the home, too. Would any reasonable person complain that the safety of a home with stairs is "compromised?"
cinque
Why are some gun people so thin skinned about any criticism of America's valuing guns over people? Anything less than total obeisance to the gun invites the scorn and ridicule of otherwise reasonable people. Why is that?
xiledinok
Have no problem with guns but they are used more for sticking up people than they are used in self defense. Very few home owners have had to use self defense.
Fwiw, Only a twisted jack off enjoys having to shoot someone in self defense in their home. It's a horrific event. You feel compassion for the shooter. Time to put house for sale.

Sam, you need to move if you are a target for a random home invasion with individuals going upstairs and starting murdering your kids. The gun might not matter if you have someone heading upstairs.ing

The NRA writes great scare hypotheticals. You would think their members lived in low rent ghettos. They freak out and scare the rural people.
Doc Holliday
xiledinok said:

Have no problem with guns but they are used more for sticking up people than they are used in self defense.
You just made the case for more gun ownership for increased self defense LMAO

xiledinok
Doc Holliday said:

xiledinok said:

Have no problem with guns but they are used more for sticking up people than they are used in self defense.

Not really. I suspect not many if any posters will have to shoot someone at their house. The fake fear cracks me up because so many people talk about how they would pull the trigger and so many change their minds when given a chance.
I suggest a flamethrower. They are very good at preventing home invaders. A little fire and bullets coming from inside the house tends to deter. Best get one before the ATF bans them.

Gun sales are way down. The NRA should be happy they can start putting fear back in people again to help sales. It will be a field day for the guys at home on SSI disability listening to talk radio and worried about someone taking their guns in places like Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas or other southern states with no GDP like Louisiana and Mississippi.
cowboycwr
xiledinok said:

Have no problem with guns but they are used more for sticking up people than they are used in self defense. Very few home owners have had to use self defense.
Fwiw, Only a twisted jack off enjoys having to shoot someone in self defense in their home. It's a horrific event. You feel compassion for the shooter. Time to put house for sale.

Sam, you need to move if you are a target for a random home invasion with individuals going upstairs and starting murdering your kids. The gun might not matter if you have someone heading upstairs.ing

The NRA writes great scare hypotheticals. You would think their members lived in low rent ghettos. They freak out and scare the rural people.
WRONG!!!!!!!

Very wrong.

Guns are used in self defense several million times a year.

They are used in robberies a few thousand.

But keep living in your fantasy world.
Sam Lowry
xiledinok said:

There's nothing scary about my neighborhood, but random home invasions do happen. There was one in our vicinity a few years ago. I know another family who were victimized in an area you'd never think to worry about. Being scared and being prepared are two different things.

I keep coming back to the simple mathematics of the issue. You're telling me how uncommon random crime is, and you're right. What I'm telling you is that fatal accidents are even less common. If I'm not going to live in fear of crime -- and I don't -- then why do you want me to live in fear of something that's 100 times less likely?
Doc Holliday
xiledinok said:

Doc Holliday said:

xiledinok said:

Not really. I suspect not many if any posters will have to shoot someone at their house. The fake fear cracks me up because so many people talk about how they would pull the trigger and so many change their minds when given a chance.
I suggest a flamethrower. They are very good at preventing home invaders. A little fire and bullets coming from inside the house tends to deter. Best get one before the ATF bans them.

Gun sales are way down. The NRA should be happy they can start putting fear back in people again to help sales. It will be a field day for the guys at home on SSI disability listening to talk radio and worried about someone taking their guns in places like Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas or other southern states with no GDP like Louisiana and Mississippi.
If you actually looked at the statistics it's anywhere from 500k to 2 million cases of guns used in self defense in America per year.
Waco1947
Who cares? Unlocked guns are dangerous. You do lock yours up? If so, why?
Waco1947
cowboycwr
As usual 47 gets destroyed by facts so he disappears, ignores posts, asks questions that prove nothing, dismisses facts and only wants to talk about feelings.
El Oso
xiledinok said:

Even the lone research by the CDC disputes your opening statement.

I don't want to shoot somebody. I'm not even 100% sure I could. I hope it's a question i never have ro answer. But the gun allows an immediate response. I may not have the 8 minutes is takes Dallas Police to respond to a high level call right now. It took 30 on a minor call last week. That could have easily escalated (a panhandler from the major intersection 100 yards from my house would not vacate the chair on the patio.)

I don't live in a dangerous area. I don't even check the door to make sure it's locked before going to bed. But we've been robbed once (the door actually was locked) and the car gets rifled through ever so often (we only leave spare change in it).

If I'm afraid to go somewhere, I don't go. The gun is a tool for emergency only. Outside of the few times I've open carried, nobody has seen it.

My only issue with gun control is it always seems to target legal gun owners. Criminals still get to criminal.

Doc Holliday
cowboycwr said:

As usual 47 gets destroyed by facts so he disappears, ignores posts, asks questions that prove nothing, dismisses facts and only wants to talk about feelings.
Try it with these people in person. They just start screaming at you.
El Oso
Waco1947 said:

cowboycwr said:

Sam Lowry said:

Waco1947 said:

cowboycwr said:

Waco1947 said:

And
Waco1947 said:
. What part is a lie?
Safety is compromised
Guns in the home
Guns in the home
So show me the lies.

Kids die because of pools in the backyard. I've got one of those too.

Kids are seriously injured on trampolines, and occasionally die from broken necks. I've got one of those too.

Kids get killed on their bikes all the time. I've got more bikes than guns.

Kids fall down staircases and are seriously injured and sometimes die. Got one of those too.

It's amazing my kids made it to 23, 17 and 16. My house is an incredibly dangerous place.
Waco1947
True. All those are true. No argument consequences you take precautions unless your dumb enough to leave Guns out.
CSIBear
cowboycwr said:

So very true. He is always getting destroyed by real facts but can't understand them.
curtpenn
Waco1947 said:

Why don't we just agree that guns are dangerous. That's inherent in their utility. Empty nester here. No point in locking them up. They need to be accessible "just in case". So simple, really. Did you even have a point?
Waco1947
curtpenn said:

Waco1947 said:

Why don't we just agree that guns are dangerous. That's inherent in their utility. Empty nester here. No point in locking them up. They need to be accessible "just in case". So simple, really. Did you even have a point?
. Sure. Theft, grandchildren , guests in your home, suicidal thoughts, homocidal thoughts. Tripping and falling, cleaning them, accidental shooting yourself. You are of course human. So my "facts " """destroy"""" your facts.
Pro tip "if one uses "destroys" then probably they are full of bluster."
cowboycwr
Waco1947 said:

curtpenn said:

Waco1947 said:

. Sure. Theft, grandchildren , guests in your home, suicidal thoughts, homocidal thoughts. Tripping and falling, cleaning them, accidental shooting yourself. You are of course human. So my "facts " """destroy"""" your facts.
You have not provided one fact in this entire thread.
curtpenn
Waco1947 said:

curtpenn said:

Waco1947 said:

Facts: I worry more about lightening striking than theft in my neighborhood (which is to say, almost not at all). Grand kids are 1 and 3 and haven't been in our house in over a year (easier to go to their home). We don't have guests in those parts of the homes where guns are located. No guns are ever left with rounds chambered, so it isn't possible for an accidental discharge to occur (mags are inserted in semis so they can be used quickly as needed). I've made it into my 60s with zero suicidal thoughts - think I'm good to go on that front.

"So my "facts " """destroy"""" your facts. Pro tip "if one uses "destroys" then probably they are full of bluster." "

WTH are you even talking about? Think you have your posts (and much else) confused.
El Oso
Waco1947 said:

curtpenn said:

Waco1947 said:

1. Theft--once again you look to hold the good guy responsible for the actions of the bad guy. I didn't steal my stuff. I shouldn't be held responsible for the actions of somebody who broke the law.

2. My grand kids never go in my bedroom. I don't know what it is, but they like the toy room much better. Maybe they're just weird kids.

3. Maybe I was just raised wrong, but I was raised to never go through somebody else's stuff when visiting their house.

4. Again--if a person wants to die--they're going to find a way. Guns may make it easier, but they aren't the only option available.

5. Any idiot who puts his finger on the trigger of a gun before needing to--deserves what happens next. Even if he/she just tripped. By the way--modern guns are designed to not fire when they are dropped, so don't come back with that stupid retort.

6. Of course I'm human, we all are. And that's really the point. Those of us that value human life are responsible with our guns. Those who don't aren't. You can't legislate morality. It's not the gun that's dangerous. It's you and I. You just admitted it for the third time on this thread about how it's the gun that's dangerous.
Waco1947
El Oso said:

Waco1947 said:

curtpenn said:

Waco1947 said:

1. Theft--once again you look to hold the good guy responsible for the actions of the bad guy. I didn't steal my stuff. I shouldn't be held responsible for the actions of somebody who broke the law.

2. My grand kids never go in my bedroom. I don't know what it is, but they like the toy room much better. Maybe they're just weird kids.

3. Maybe I was just raised wrong, but I was raised to never go through somebody else's stuff when visiting their house.

4. Again--if a person wants to die--they're going to find a way. Guns may make it easier, but they aren't the only option available.

5. Any idiot who puts his finger on the trigger of a gun before needing to--deserves what happens next. Even if he/she just tripped. By the way--modern guns are designed to not fire when they are dropped, so don't come back with that stupid retort.

6. Of course I'm human, we all are. And that's really the point. Those of us that value human life are responsible with our guns. Those who don't aren't. You can't legislate morality. It's not the gun that's dangerous. It's you and I. You just admitted it for the third time on this thread about how it's the gun that's dangerous.
. Yeah I was taught gun Avery but that's not the issue. You want it to the issue.
Guns lying around and unlocked are dangerous. I know you are the "most" careful gun owner in the world and think I am stupid but none that makes a gun any safer. You lock them up don't you. Unless your that idiot that has in reach 24/7 making the whole house unsafe.
Don't fire when dropped? What percentage of the guns is that true? I assume you can still pull the trigger, leave them, forget to lock the gun cabinet, get it stolen. Gone Alec's home dangerous as do knives, cars, rope. We take steps to reduce. Their danger but they are still dangerous and prone to human error. Here's what I suggest you say, "Waco, you are right and I will double down in my efforts to keep guns in a safe place. I can't say the same for my neighbors Because they are stupid humans. Too bad there are so many guns and stupid humans endangering the world buts it's a risk I will take. But that risk is a shared risk and I am willing to take that tisk and sell a gun to any damn fool who walks in a gun star. "
cowboycwr
47 just continues with his lies, false facts, and incoherent posts.
El Oso
I don't have a percentage but it's been federal law since 1968 to have a drop safety on a gun. Such safeties generally provide an obstacle to operation of the firing mechanism that is only removed when the trigger is pulled, so that the firearm cannot otherwise discharge.

So basically all guns made since 1968. It's gonna be a big number.
xiledinok
cowboycwr said:

xiledinok said:

WRONG!!!!!!!

Very wrong.

Give examples. There's no data to back that up.
xiledinok
El Oso said:

xiledinok said:

Even the lone research by the CDC disputes your opening statement.

I don't want to shoot somebody. I'm not even 100% sure I could. I hope it's a question i never have ro answer. But the gun allows an immediate response. I may not have the 8 minutes is takes Dallas Police to respond to a high level call right now. It took 30 on a minor call last week. That could have easily escalated (a panhandler from the major intersection 100 yards from my house would not vacate the chair on the patio.)

I don't live in a dangerous area. I don't even check the door to make sure it's locked before going to bed. But we've been robbed once (the door actually was locked) and the car gets rifled through ever so often (we only leave spare change in it).

If I'm afraid to go somewhere, I don't go. The gun is a tool for emergency only. Outside of the few times I've open carried, nobody has seen it.

My only issue with gun control is it always seems to target legal gun owners. Criminals still get to criminal.

8 minutes is good. They can raise your taxes and cut it in half with the truth be told.
Car burglaries are going to happen. I think you mean burglaries, not robberies.

324 million people in the USA with 2 million gun instances where someone actually used their gun in self defense last year is NRA propaganda.

cowboycwr
xiledinok said:

cowboycwr said:

xiledinok said:

WRONG!!!!!!!

Very wrong.

There are lots of examples to back that up. Do a simple google search and you will see that gun use in self defense is higher than people getting mugged with a gun.
xiledinok
cowboycwr said:

xiledinok said:

cowboycwr said:

xiledinok said:

WRONG!!!!!!!

Very wrong.

There are lots of examples to back that up. Do a simple google search and you will see that gun use in self defense is higher than people getting mugged with a gun.

You have to go on google?
I was thinking like a local example in Waco or even better, one where I live in exile.
The NRA media sends out releases when they can show people used self defense and the folks are pro gun in their actions.

cowboycwr
xiledinok said:

cowboycwr said:

xiledinok said:

cowboycwr said:

xiledinok said:

WRONG!!!!!!!

Very wrong.

You have to go on google?
I was thinking like a local example in Waco or even better, one where I live in exile.
The NRA media sends out releases when they can show people used self defense and the folks are pro gun in their actions.

No I am telling you to go on google. That way you can look up the actual statistics. Examples are great but they only show part of the story and not the whole nationwide example.

But here is one from waco from a little over a month ago.

https://www.kwtx.com/content/news/Woman-shoots-man-who-was-strangling-her-police-say-493060901.html
El Oso
It's actually not as easy as a Google search. There's conflicting data there too.

For instance, the CDC verified the Klatz-Gantz (grossly misspelled) study of 2.2 to 2.5 million self defense uses of a gun per year.

A few years ago, the FBI released numbers that put the number at just shy of 68,000.

The problem, just like school shooting data, is in the definition used by the studier. There is no agreed upon definition of self-defense with a gun--which means any time a study gets run you have to look at how they calculated the numbers.

Harvard just released a study where they concluded that guns aren't used as self-defense but as intimidation when they are used. Go figure.
Malbec
So, according to 47, if you are in your home and you are being attacked by someone, say, with a knife and someone calls the police, they shouldn't be allowed to enter your home with their guns, because doing so would be "inherently dangerous." As for me, I'll take the risk.
Waco1947
Malbec said:

So, according to 47, if you are in your home and you are being attacked by someone, say, with a knife and someone calls the police, they shouldn't be allowed to enter your home with their guns, because doing so would be "inherently dangerous." As for me, I'll take the risk.
are you a college graduate? You know this a stupid straw man. Let a gum man me in? Say it out loud. Sounds stupid doesn't? Geez you'll lie and run the risk of being a liar. You succeeded
Malbec
Waco1947 said:

Malbec said:

are you a college graduate? You know this a stupid straw man. Let a gum man me in? Say it out loud. Sounds stupid doesn't? Geez you'll lie and run the risk of being a liar. You succeeded

The whole point of the analogy is its absurdity; an absurdity on par with your equally absurd contention. So stop with the defamatory rantings and the unsolicited PMs. You need to get a handle on your mania.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.