Baylor Linebacker Heads to Congress

19,792 Views | 215 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Doc Holliday
Sailor Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Congratulations Colin Allred! Huge victory over Pete Sessions to claim Texas' 32nd District.
GruntTuff
Absolutely. Great win for him.
boognish_bear
Sic'em Colin!

RegentCoverup
Fascist. Go tell the veterans in this country how you took money from Nancy Pelosi.
ScrappyPaws
Closest thing we have to a fascist in this country's political scene is sitting in the White House sending his latest tweet.

Sincerely,
A former Republican who's unwilling to sacrifice basic decency for personal and political gain.
xiledinok
He might be there for a while.
Nancy P. is easy target.
She might pass off leadership with her upcoming fight to be speaker.
RegentCoverup
There will be another terrorist attack on this country someday.
And we will be able to look back at Pelosi and her comrades at how they dismantled our intelligence gathering efforts that could have prevented loss of innocent American life.

https://www.amazon.com/Enhanced-Interrogation-Motives-Islamic-Terrorists/dp/1101906847
bear2be2
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

And we will be able to look back at Pelosi and her comrades at how they dismantled our intelligence gathering efforts that could have prevented loss of innocent American life.

https://www.amazon.com/Enhanced-Interrogation-Motives-Islamic-Terrorists/dp/1101906847
Take this nonsense to the religion and politics board. This thread is for recognizing and congratulating a former Bear.

You could tell when Colin was at Baylor that he was a really thoughtful, intelligent dude. I'm not surprised at all to see him become the success that he has.
PartyBear
bear2be2 said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Take this nonsense to the religion and politics board. This thread is for recognizing and congratulating a former Bear.

You could tell when Collin was at Baylor that he was a really thoughtful, intelligent dude. I'm not surprised at all to see him become the success that he has.

Exactly! And you are right what he posted is nonsense.
Hotsauce
Wanted to congratulate Colin before the inevitable R&P sheet storm began....I was too late.
Mitch Blood Green
Sic 'Em
BaylorOkie
robby44
Sic em Colin
osogreen

***Sigh***
osogreen
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Fascist. Go tell the veterans in this country how you took money from Nancy Pelosi.

Fascist??? Veterans??? Nancy Pelosi ??? Not connecting the dots here. I'm a veteran (Vietnam), what would you like to tell me?
Doc Holliday
He's a good speaker. But highly misinformed.
ColomboLQ
What should have been a completely positive and congratulatory thread for one of our own has turned into a completely embarrassing display by too many of you.

P.S. Congrats Colin and Sic 'em!
Mitch Blood Green
Doc Holliday said:

He's a good speaker. Not an intelligent guy though.

Baylor Grad. Cal law school. Not intelligent? He clearly has the intellect to learn and adapt and has proven himself to be succcesful on the field and in the classroom.

It's always the same. Those credentials on guys you like is intelligence.

What I giggle at is guys missing that life history and life success saying the guy with it isn't "intelligent".

This is a Baylor Bear and Baylor success story. I celebrate him.
BUmoneymaker
BaylorOkie said:

Man that sack looked good. Well, the last lineback I saw do that to OU was Taylor Young on baker mayfield. Someone tell Taylor he has a bright future in politics if he wants to start a new BU tradition for linebakckers!!!

Oh yeah and take that neocon crap somewhere else other poster dude.

"I hope" -Red

"Apply yourself" -W.White

"Guys, who is Keyser Soze?" - K. Soze

"Tea. Earl Grey. Hot." -J.L. Picard
robby44
Doc Holliday said:

So Baylor undergrad Berkeley law school grad is not
Intelligent?
RegentCoverup
ColomboLQ said:

What should have been a completely positive and congratulatory thread for one of our own has turned into a completely embarrassing display by too many of you.

P.S. Congrats Colin and Sic 'em!
Yeah, I'll be at a ceremony soon for a friend that died fighting for our country.

Supporting our military takes precedence IMO over being a football fan.

RegentCoverup
osogreen said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Fascist??? Veterans??? Nancy Pelosi ??? Not connecting the dots here. I'm a veteran (Vietnam), what would you like to tell me?
My pleasure.

The people on this thread think it's all about Santa Claus and Christmas and think that we should vote for people because they played for our favorite football team, but I appreciate that people put their lives at risk to protect our freedom.

Doc Holliday
tommie said:

Doc Holliday said:

Baylor Grad. Cal law school. Not intelligent? He clearly has the intellect to learn and adapt and has proven himself to be succcesful on the field and in the classroom.

What I giggle at is guys missing that life history and life success saying the guy with it isn't "intelligent".

Well, he's highly misinformed on a lot of subjects and unfortunately his degrees didn't supply him with the ability to understand several complex problems.

For instance, he's concerned about the gender pay gap.
The gender pay gap is myth. It doesn't account for behavior differences between the sexes. This is where an intelligent and informed person would start to understand the discrepancy and not react by using government to intervene which creates more problems.

Same with his stance on raising the minimum wage. An intelligent person understands that the market isn't static and the market will react. You raise the MW to $15 an hour..well you just killed a couple million small business jobs, companies will raise their prices to offset and your buying power would virtually be the same.

It takes someone with keen insight to understand these issues. It's very naive to believe government is the solution.

Intelligent was the wrong word. He's extremely misinformed. Very different from the majority of his Baylor peers.
RegentCoverup
Doc Holliday said:

tommie said:

Doc Holliday said:

Well, he's highly misinformed on a lot of subjects and unfortunately his degrees didn't supply him with the ability to understand several complex problems.

The gender pay gap is myth. It doesn't account for behavior differences between the sexes. This is where an intelligent and informed person would start to understand the discrepancy and not react by using government to intervene which creates more problems.

Same with his stance on raising the minimum wage. An intelligent person understands that the market isn't static and the market will react. You raise the MW to $15 an hour..well you just killed a couple million small business jobs, companies will raise their prices to offset and your buying power would virtually be the same.

It takes someone with keen insight to understand these issues. It's very naive to believe government is the solution.

Intelligent was the wrong word. He's extremely misinformed. Very different from the majority of his Baylor peers.
Brainwashed might be another descriptor as well.

By taking Pelosi's money, he is now firmly under her control. House Reps in Washington have very little power. They vote the party line or the party doesn't help them get on a committee. Both parties work that way. So when he arrives in Washington, he's going to sing the company song for the Democratic leadership(and his source of $$) or they will not delegate any power to him. Committees are everything. Armed Forces, Ways and Means, Appropriations, etc. If he doesn't land on a committee, he could literally work from home and not be missed.

I'm not suggesting that either party in this country is right 100% of the time, but the things Pelosi has done to serving members of our military is borderline treason.
xiledinok
robby44 said:

Doc Holliday said:

So Baylor undergrad Berkeley law school grad is not
Intelligent?

He's a hack that didn't graduate from Baylor. He probably lives in the sticks where they believe stopping the immigration caravan will get their kids off opiates.
Doc Holliday
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Doc Holliday said:

tommie said:

Doc Holliday said:

By taking Pelosi's money, he is now firmly under her control. House Reps in Washington have very little power. They vote the party line or the party doesn't help them get on a committee. Both parties work that way. So when he arrives in Washington, he's going to sing the company song for the Democratic leadership(and his source of $$) or they will not delegate any power to him. Committees are everything. Armed Forces, Ways and Means, Appropriations, etc. If he doesn't land on a committee, he could literally work from home and not be missed.

I'm not suggesting that either party in this country is right 100% of the time, but the things Pelosi has done to serving members of our military is borderline treason.

Yes. He's bought and paid for and the majority of the military would consider him a political enemy for who he associates with. That's a real shame.

And many on this board are quick to forget that you don't endorse someone just because they're part of your alumni network. You hold them to the same standards as everyone else or you have no standards at all.
xiledinok
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Doc Holliday said:

tommie said:

Doc Holliday said:

Pelosi has tried to fund the VA. I had a buddy killed out at the VA after serving in Korea and Vietnam. How we treat them when they get home matters.
hodedofome
Will he make the distinguished alumni list now?

https://www.baylor.edu/about/index.php?id=88780
PartyBear
Congrats to him. The night he won his primary, Steve Kornacki at MSNBC did a shout out to Baylor football.
ATL Bear
boognish_bear said:

Sic'em Colin!

That's Mike McFarland after our victory in Boulder in '91.
RegentCoverup
Completely agree, but if you look at her comprehensive record, she is without question an enemy of the military.
The interrogation efforts she halted will cost lives on the battlefield. Guaranteed.

Some of the same attorneys that were defending Guantanamo terrorists were given jobs in her Party's administration.
xiledinok
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Completely agree, but if you look at her comprehensive record, she is without question an enemy of the military.
The interrogation efforts she halted will cost lives on the battlefield. Guaranteed.

Some of the same attorneys that were defending Guantanamo terrorists were given jobs in her Party's administration.

She could get dumped. The new folks owe her little.
RegentCoverup
She controls the money and she controls the party.
Until she's gone, she's in charge.

That people are willing to blindly support someone because they wore a certain color jersey, goes a long way in explaining why we have a board that doesn't represent Baylor's interests as well.

YoakDaddy
bear2be2 said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

You could tell when Colin was at Baylor that he was a really thoughtful, intelligent dude. I'm not surprised at all to see him become the success that he has.

Nice that he's a Bear, but it's neither thoughtful nor intelligent to be a democrat.
boognish_bear
ATL Bear said:

boognish_bear said:

Sic'em Colin!

That's Mike McFarland after our victory in Boulder in '91.

Thanks for that catch. Google done me wrong.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.