Obama's buying $15M Martha's Vineyard Estate

13,471 Views | 169 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Florda_mike
Doc Holliday
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Oldbear83
Doc Holliday said:

So that tells us Donald Trump will eventually buy a house on Martha's Vineyard?
Doc Holliday
Oldbear83 said:

Doc Holliday said:

Not just a house, but a bigger house.
Florda_mike
Doc Holliday said:

Oldbear83 said:

Doc Holliday said:

Not just a house, but a bigger house.

I agree, BIGLY!
quash
Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

If scientists disagreed with what quash calls "scary articles", we should have no trouble finding articles and columns by scientists debunking the scary articles.

We do not find such rebukes, because the panic assists the scientists in their effort for attention and funding.

Fear sells.

That essential dishonesty has been in play for a good half-century, and is just as dishonest and self-serving as the scientists paid by tobacco companies to deny the effects of their products.
You don't find such rebukes. There are out there if you knew how to use Google.
Why don't you provide the links?

That's what you demand from others.

Or are you limited to insulting denials?

I'm just saying you are lying about the lack of rebukes. I won't do your homework for you, we know where that goes.
You're the one saying those rebukes are out there, so you not providing those links makes your claims doubtful, not mine, quash.

But when you get caught in a false statement quash, well to use your chosen phrase "we know where that goes".

Laf. It was your claim, not mine, that no rebukes exist. And we know what happens when you are asked for proof.

Stop boring people.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
quash
Oldbear83 said:

Doc Holliday said:

Given his mindset in undoing all things Obama, he will buy the Obama place and knock it down.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Oldbear83
quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

If scientists disagreed with what quash calls "scary articles", we should have no trouble finding articles and columns by scientists debunking the scary articles.

We do not find such rebukes, because the panic assists the scientists in their effort for attention and funding.

Fear sells.

That essential dishonesty has been in play for a good half-century, and is just as dishonest and self-serving as the scientists paid by tobacco companies to deny the effects of their products.
You don't find such rebukes. There are out there if you knew how to use Google.
Why don't you provide the links?

That's what you demand from others.

Or are you limited to insulting denials?

I'm just saying you are lying about the lack of rebukes. I won't do your homework for you, we know where that goes.
You're the one saying those rebukes are out there, so you not providing those links makes your claims doubtful, not mine, quash.

But when you get caught in a false statement quash, well to use your chosen phrase "we know where that goes".

Laf. It was your claim, not mine, that no rebukes exist. And we know what happens when you are asked for proof.

Stop boring people.
Seriously quash, do I have to remind you that you disputed my claim that scientists failed to rebuke the media hysteria?

Since a negative cannot be proven by producing links, it does indeed fall to you to prove me wrong by producing the links you say exist.

I'm not boring people, but I expect people who agree the hysteria is out of line are finding your dance routine especially amusing. Denial in syncopation, that's you quash.
TexasScientist
Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

Buddha Bear said:

TexasScientist said:

Florda_mike said:

Oldbear83 said:

Florda_mike said:

TS might be just another one of these professional students that hangs around here

To make a statement like "net worth is irrelevant" is an indication of what he doesn't know about the real world
Actually, it's more that TS wants to deflect from what he knows was a false statement, that the Obamas are worth more then the Trumps.

"Irrelevant" is just an attempt to get away from a problem he can't solve.

Yeah, I actually respect Trump more for creating and making his in private sector creating magnificent tangible things where Obama has never held a private sector job imo as book deals to politicians are gifts, especially ex-presidents

But to some, that's "irrelevant"
I'm not an Obama fan, but he and the Clinton's made the most out of what was, as you say, "gifted" to them. Trump tried to make the most out of what was gifted to him by his father. It's questionable if he has been successful in increasing his net worth above what he inherited. He's left a trail of failed efforts.

The inherited $200 million put in an index fund for about 40 years would've netted Donald about the same as he has now if he's telling the truth. We'll never know if he's telling the truth though.
I'm not worried about that, the way some seem to obsess on it.
Some people obsess over presidential lying. I wonder why?
Part of it comes from a very subjective definition of "lying".

I recall a President who promised his healthcare would significantly lower costs for most people, which was wrong, but his supporters did not call him a liar.

I recall a President who assured us he did not have sex with his intern, which was false, but his supporters did not call him a liar.

I recall a President who said we had to accept higher unemployment as the new normal, which was not correct, but his supporters did not call him a liar.

So you have the same moral equivalent standards as Clinton and Obama supporters. It's ok if my guy lies cause he's my guy.
Oldbear83
TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

Buddha Bear said:

TexasScientist said:

Florda_mike said:

Oldbear83 said:

Florda_mike said:

TS might be just another one of these professional students that hangs around here

To make a statement like "net worth is irrelevant" is an indication of what he doesn't know about the real world
Actually, it's more that TS wants to deflect from what he knows was a false statement, that the Obamas are worth more then the Trumps.

Yeah, I actually respect Trump more for creating and making his in private sector creating magnificent tangible things where Obama has never held a private sector job imo as book deals to politicians are gifts, especially ex-presidents

I'm not an Obama fan, but he and the Clinton's made the most out of what was, as you say, "gifted" to them. Trump tried to make the most out of what was gifted to him by his father. It's questionable if he has been successful in increasing his net worth above what he inherited. He's left a trail of failed efforts.

The inherited $200 million put in an index fund for about 40 years would've netted Donald about the same as he has now if he's telling the truth. We'll never know if he's telling the truth though.

I recall a President who promised his healthcare would significantly lower costs for most people, which was wrong, but his supporters did not call him a liar.

I recall a President who assured us he did not have sex with his intern, which was false, but his supporters did not call him a liar.

I recall a President who said we had to accept higher unemployment as the new normal, which was not correct, but his supporters did not call him a liar.

So you have the same moral equivalent standards as Clinton and Obama supporters. It's ok if my guy lies cause he's my guy.
Again, a lot of what you call "lies" may not be lies to someone else, say someone who does not hate Donald Trump with a rabid insanity.
TexasScientist
Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

Buddha Bear said:

TexasScientist said:

Florda_mike said:

Oldbear83 said:

Florda_mike said:

Again, a lot of what you call "lies" may not be lies to someone else, say someone who does not hate Donald Trump with a rabid insanity.
It's rabid insanity to deny his extensive list of untruths.
D. C. Bear
TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

Buddha Bear said:

TexasScientist said:

Florda_mike said:

Oldbear83 said:

Florda_mike said:

He most certainly has an extensive list of untruths, but that does not stop his rabid haters from making up extra ones.
Florda_mike
D. C. Bear said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

Buddha Bear said:

TexasScientist said:

Florda_mike said:

Oldbear83 said:

Florda_mike said:

He most certainly has an extensive list of untruths, but that does not stop his rabid haters from making up extra ones.

I'm still dizzy from the deceptions and untruths of the Muslim President
Oldbear83
TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

Buddha Bear said:

TexasScientist said:

Florda_mike said:

Oldbear83 said:

Florda_mike said:

It's rather silly to obsess on tweets and ignore things like SCOTUS picks and the Economy, from where I sit.
Oldbear83
Florda_mike said:

D. C. Bear said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

Buddha Bear said:

TexasScientist said:

Florda_mike said:

Oldbear83 said:

Florda_mike said:

I'm still dizzy from the deceptions and untruths of the Muslim President
Wilson was Muslim????
TexasScientist
D. C. Bear said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

Buddha Bear said:

TexasScientist said:

Florda_mike said:

Oldbear83 said:

Florda_mike said:

And somehow that is a Trump virtue?
TexasScientist
Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

Buddha Bear said:

TexasScientist said:

Florda_mike said:

Oldbear83 said:

Florda_mike said:

It's rather silly to obsess on tweets and ignore things like SCOTUS picks and the Economy, from where I sit.
Except his impulsive behavior spills over into impulsive decisions. We'll see where the economy goes.
D. C. Bear
TexasScientist said:

D. C. Bear said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

Buddha Bear said:

TexasScientist said:

Florda_mike said:

Oldbear83 said:

Florda_mike said:

Exactly where did I say that is a Trump virtue?
TexasScientist
D. C. Bear said:

TexasScientist said:

D. C. Bear said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

Buddha Bear said:

TexasScientist said:

Florda_mike said:

Oldbear83 said:

Florda_mike said:

What about his rabid haters is irrelevant to his personal conduct and behavior. He has a duty of dignified conduct to the office.
D. C. Bear
TexasScientist said:

D. C. Bear said:

TexasScientist said:

D. C. Bear said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

Buddha Bear said:

TexasScientist said:

Florda_mike said:

Oldbear83 said:

Florda_mike said:

ATS might be just another one of these professional students that hangs around here

What about his rabid haters is irrelevant to his personal conduct and behavior. He has a duty of dignified conduct to the office.
Your first sentence, if it is a sentence, is somewhat ambiguous.
cinque
TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

Buddha Bear said:

TexasScientist said:

Florda_mike said:

Oldbear83 said:

Florda_mike said:

This^
Waco1947
TexasScientist said:

D. C. Bear said:

TexasScientist said:

D. C. Bear said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

Buddha Bear said:

TexasScientist said:

Florda_mike said:

Oldbear83 said:

Florda_mike said:

dt fails miserably as a policy man and a human
Oldbear83
TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

Buddha Bear said:

TexasScientist said:

Florda_mike said:

Oldbear83 said:

Florda_mike said:

Except his impulsive behavior spills over into impulsive decisions. We'll see where the economy goes.
Calm down, we'll be fine. Maybe you should switch to decaf for a while?
TexasScientist
Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

Buddha Bear said:

TexasScientist said:

Florda_mike said:

Oldbear83 said:

Florda_mike said:

I already did that.
Oldbear83
TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

I already did that.
OK, maybe you should switch to warm milk, then.
cinque
Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

Buddha Bear said:

TexasScientist said:

Florda_mike said:

Oldbear83 said:

Florda_mike said:

Good grief, cons.
Florda_mike
Nope, Libtards
Buddha Bear
cinque said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

Buddha Bear said:

TexasScientist said:

Florda_mike said:

Oldbear83 said:

Florda_mike said:

Good grief, cons.
This is the world we live in now. Just goes to show you, no matter how smart a person is today, emotions will always cloud a person's logic enough to make them an absolute idiot (if you let it). This is why we can't have extremist views. Extreme right and left wing views are different sides of the exact same coin.
Florda_mike
Buddha Bear said:

cinque said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

Buddha Bear said:

TexasScientist said:

Florda_mike said:

Oldbear83 said:

Florda_mike said:

Good grief, cons.
This is the world we live in now. Just goes to show you, no matter how smart a person is today, emotions will always cloud a person's logic enough to make them an absolute idiot (if you let it). This is why we can't have extremist views. Extreme right and left wing views are different sides of the exact same coin.

Surely you aren't calling Cinque an idiot are you?
Oldbear83
Buddha Bear said:

I disagree somewhat. So long as they are non-violent, opinions considered 'extreme' are still valid for discussion.

To choose the obvious bugaboo, take the neo-nazis. I think everyone here would agree that neo-nazis are total scum, and their worldview is malicious and hateful.

But with that said, I like hearing them speak their minds, for two reasons. One, is the small but mathematical chance that some of them will learn from the inability to rationally defend their positions in civil discourse, and therefore step away from those positions. And two, we see a lot of bad ideas being accepted without much consideration today by young people, because they don't hear a serious discussion of what is good or bad with the ideas. While forums like ours are small and relatively limited, the idea of allowing a concept to stand or fall through discussion is a principle I think we should honor and protect.

Also, I would like to make clear what I meant about the idea of 'lying' as we hash it out in this thread. I referenced some statements by previous Presidents which were not factually accurate, and observed that the supporters of those Presidents would not be offended by them. TexasScientist claimed that was an example of 'OK if my guy does it', but I would argue that it's rather that lying requires a willful statement known to be false. And further, factually incorrect statements made for emotional effect, such as exaggeration, are common in political history and should not be categorized the way self-serving dishonesty is considered.

Further, when someone exaggerates behavior with claims like 'x lies every day' or 'x is completely dishonest', the obvious effect of the post is an attack rather than an observation or legit discussion, and the other side is obviously going to reject the claim.
xiledinok
There's a bunch of liars on this thread calling people liars. This thread delivers.
Florda_mike
xiledinok said:

There's a bunch of liars on this thread calling people liars. This thread delivers.

Let he who is without ........

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.