How well is Trump and his administration handling the Coronavirus epidemic?

68,864 Views | 843 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Booray
riflebear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Last week the EU condemned Trump for banning all travel from Europe

Today Europe is going to ban all essential travel to Europe from around the world.

Once again, our President was ahead of the game despite taking criticism from the media. I do wish he would have banned travel from Europe earlier.
BrooksBearLives
I am beyond over the real damage stupid people like you have done to this country.

I'm not here to be nice to you. Being nice doesn't work. Someone has to disrupt your little bubble.
BrooksBearLives
riflebear said:

Last week the EU condemned Trump for banning all travel from Europe

Today Europe is going to ban all essential travel to Europe from around the world.

Once again, our President was ahead of the game despite taking criticism from the media. I do wish he would have banned travel from Europe earlier.
Ahead of the game? He exempted countries where he had resorts until he was made to include them, too.

HE IS STILL LYING ABOUT THE AVAILABILITY OF TESTS.

He wasn't ahead of any game.
BrooksBearLives
CHP Bear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Germany has confirmed Trump tried to bribe scientists for exclusive use to the US.
Named or unnamed source? Tomorrow's headline, "Trump Tried To Buy Germany To Control All Of Europe." Ahhhh, the convenience of fiction.
It's in the article you didn't read.
GoneGirl
syme said:

Booray said:

Here is my question on the testing-it sounds like we have invested a great deal of effort and time in our version of a "high through put" test. Why was that necessary given the existence of the WHO/German test available weeks ago? What benefit have we gotten out of the delay?

Because the CDC wanted to organize and track the data easier, so they required that all testing be done by them and on kits they developed with several forms to go along with it. They rejected the WHO protocol in favor of their own (other countries have done this too).The difference being what genes they chose to target. The WHO protocol targets the envelope protein gene (E). The CDC used three targets in the nucleocapsid gene (N). One of those targets infamously did not work. Huge blunder as patient testing, in this country, need to be by the book, accurate results or nothing goes. As the virus grew, they enlisted the help of state public health labs, but even they could only do so much.

Finally, last week, the FDA removed the red tape, and issued Emergency Use Authorization to private labs (LabCorp, Quest etc) and test developers (Roche) which has opened the flood gates and test throughput will be in the hundreds of thousands per week. That call should have been made sooner.

Edit to answer the question: the problem was not in the decision to develop their own test as that's fairly straightforward for the CDC. The problem was they got caught up in micromanaging the data of the spread (initially requiring ALL tests be shipped to them in Atlanta!) and weren't prepared for what the workload would become. They tried to limit things by setting strict guidelines on which patients met the criteria for testing, but they never stood a chance. Then of course the quality error was the cherry on top.
This is good information. Thanks.

The mayor of my city, a tourist mecca if you like drunken bachelor/bachlorette parties and huge, crowded music and dance clubs, tried to shut down the bars downtown, and the owners refused to close. People were crampacked inside venues and on the sidewalks. IMO, the ringleader of the bar owners should be charged with criminal negligence. Wonder where he gets his news?
riflebear
BrooksBearLives said:

LOL - OK I guess banning travel from China while Dems & the media were calling him racist for doing it wasn't 'ahead of the game'.

Here is another one of your former posts debunked by non other than the Washington Post

BrooksBearLives
riflebear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

LOL - OK I guess banning travel from China while Dems & the media were calling him racist for doing it wasn't 'ahead of the game'.

Here is another one of your former posts debunked by non other than the Washington Post

Do you think we don't read these articles? I know you didn't. Guess how I know? Also, it's not an article, it's an opinion piece. Thanks for playing.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/to-your-health/wp/2018/05/10/top-white-house-official-in-charge-of-pandemic-response-exits-abruptly/

Besides, Trump LITERALLY bragged about cutting this and other resources ON CAMERA.

Have you NO shame? Is there NO level to which you WON'T stoop?
BrooksBearLives
I know you guys are all confident.

Moscow Mitch knows which way the wind blows. You have to give him that.

BrooksBearLives
Goodness. The man is clueless.

PartyBear
Wall Street which is what he has wanted to by judged by even Friday bragging about it for some inexplicable reason, really doesnt approve at all what this administration is doing.
CHP Bear
BrooksBearLives said:

CHP Bear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Germany has confirmed Trump tried to bribe scientists for exclusive use to the US.
Named or unnamed source? Tomorrow's headline, "Trump Tried To Buy Germany To Control All Of Europe." Ahhhh, the convenience of fiction.
Your right, I didn't waste my time. I'll wait for tomorrow's headlines. His taking over Germany will make interesting reading.
BrooksBearLives
CHP Bear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

CHP Bear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Your right, I didn't waste my time. I'll wait for tomorrow's headlines. His taking over Germany will make interesting reading.

It literally cites sources in the German government.

It is refreshing to see you admit you didn't read. The fact the headline was all you read is EXACTLY my point.
ATL Bear
This thread is exhibit A as to why we have and will make rash decisions about Covid-19. Politicians and media will be cocked and loaded to put blame and/or credit in terms of power and opinion. Every move will be analyzed and addressed through the prism of political advantage. From one side, Trump hasn't and won't do enough to prevent what's coming. From the other, so much was done to prevent it from being so much worse. The die is cast, proceed.
Florda_mike
BBL, aw the innocence of youth

Ya think ya know everything at 30 and get to 55-60 and realize you knew nothing way back then
riflebear
BrooksBearLives said:

Yes, the reporter is clueless & a moron for asking a trap question. You have 1 question to ask the President during a worldwide crisis and you use it to ask this?

POTUS has the best people from every industry around him to deal w/ this crisis. So you're saying all these people have failed and have not done a good job? Trump answered it incorrectly because he should know by now half these questions are just to try and hurt his administration.
BrooksBearLives
riflebear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Yes, the reporter is clueless & a moron for asking a trap question. You have 1 question to ask the President during a worldwide crisis and you use it to ask this?

POTUS has the best people from every industry around him to deal w/ this crisis. So you're saying all these people have failed and have not done a good job? Trump answered it incorrectly because he should know by now half these questions are just to try and hurt his administration.

I think he hasn't been able to make it through ONE press conference this week without saying something that has required someone else to fix what he's said.

I personally know people who have voted for him and supported him who are openly making fun of him in meetings. I'm in a tele-conference with disaster response teams right now and they are straight up laughing at him.

And these are people who had MAGA hats (one told me he's voting for Biden now).

This is absolutely a joke. It doesn't do any good to have the best people if you fire anyone who dares to disagree with you.
Florda_mike
BBL, Sicem365's Coronavirus
BrooksBearLives
BrooksBearLives
10 out of 10 you guys!!!!!

syme
BrooksBearLives said:

Which edition since 1776 doesn't say that?

riflebear
BrooksBearLives said:

10 out of 10 you guys!!!!!

We were all briefed 2 months ago and no one saw this coming or how bad it could get including every world leader.

- If they did China wouldn't have hid it from CDC

- If they did Italy would have closed their border when Trump did for the USA.

- If they did all of Europe wouldn't have waited and ridiculed the US for shutting down travel from Europe only to do it a few days later.

- The W.H.O. Even said China had it under control. They then said Trump didn't need to shut down travel from China. I'm glad Trump didn't listen to those leaders.

Brooks and the lib media remind me of this quote

"In times of crisis the wise build bridges, the FOOLISH build barriers."

riflebear
China should pay a heavy price for this. Can't say anything about it now out of the White House because they are now working w/ them to help but what a shame.

riflebear
BrooksBearLives said:

riflebear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Do you think we don't read these articles? I know you didn't. Guess how I know? Also, it's not an article, it's an opinion piece. Thanks for playing.

LOL - Bolton who can't stand Trump even says you're full of it.... You've had egg on your face over and over again but yet you keep digging. Go be with your family, this hatred towards (anyone) is not healthy.

Mitch Blood Green
riflebear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Trap question? He has lots of possible answers. "We've done our best", "It's up to the voters to decide", "We're not grading ourselves in the middle of a pandemic", "How do you grade us and why?", "smack it up, flip it, rub it down" his answer is nonsense.
BrooksBearLives
riflebear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

riflebear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

LOL - Bolton who can't stand Trump even says you're full of it.... You've had egg on your face over and over again but yet you keep digging. Go be with your family, this hatred towards (anyone) is not healthy.

Lmao.

John Bolton was part of the shuffling. If you'd read the OPINION PIECE you would have caught that. Pathetic.

And John Bolton only cares about John Bolton. He's a sociopath like you, only a much successful one.

You're trying hard. I wish I could respect that.

It's still an article I know you didn't read. And that's disgusting.
BrooksBearLives
riflebear said:

China should pay a heavy price for this. Can't say anything about it now out of the White House because they are now working w/ them to help but what a shame.

Hey. China has flattened their curve. Yeah. They told some lies. Made some stuff up.

BUT WHO COULD HAVE SEEN THIS COMING YOU GUYS?

According to your previous definitions of success, China gets a 10 out of 10. Right?
Canada2017
Florda_mike said:

BBL, aw the innocence of youth

Ya think ya know everything at 30 and get to 55-60 and realize you knew nothing way back then
Not necessarily . I was smarter at 30-50...more ambitious . Willing to risk borrowing 2-3 million for various ventures.

Got away with it thankfully ...but now at 64 ...definitely not as sharp. Just want to travel and play with my grandsons .

Whiskey Pete
tommie said:

riflebear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Trap question? He has lots of possible answers. "We've done our best", "It's up to the voters to decide", "We're not grading ourselves in the middle of a pandemic", "How do you grade us and why?", "smack it up, flip it, rub it down" his answer is nonsense.
Well, in all fairness, had Trump said anything remotely close to what you suggested, you liberal types would be trying to say avoided the question (and calling for his head in the process)
Mitch Blood Green
HashTag said:

tommie said:

riflebear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Well, in all fairness, had Trump said anything remotely close to what you suggested, you liberal types would be trying to say avoided the question (and calling for his head in the process)

You know what we'd say? In times of crisis, people want to believe in the President. Time after time, we get proof that you can't.

You've made the presidency a ***** ass job. It's time we change that.
BrooksBearLives
The day before inauguration, the Obama team straight up had a training with the incoming Trump admin on three major scenarios. One was a global pandemic.

But most of those people trained have been fired by the President because he's an unstable egomaniac.

The Obama Admin gave the Trump admin a cheat-sheet and they still ****ed this up.

BrooksBearLives
This is why "having good people around you" doesn't work when you're an egomaniac.

CHP Bear
BrooksBearLives said:

CHP Bear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

CHP Bear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

It literally cites sources in the German government.

It is refreshing to see you admit you didn't read. The fact the headline was all you read is EXACTLY my point.
Just wondering is there any rule, regulation, law, Constitutional problem, whatever that says Trump can't hire the best minds? The problem I see is optics. Question, what if he pulled it off and a cure for this deadly virus came about in a week? Instead of bashing his efforts, how about everyone pulling or pushing the wagon in the same direction. Personally, I don't care who gets the credit or how the cat is skinned, I care about results. If that hurts German feelings, tough. Political BS needs to be left at the door during this time of crisis. As for me, I appreciate all the efforts our leaders are doing. Finally, I would be disappointed if our Government, which includes Trump, weren't exploring all options. Hiring the best minds sounds like thinking outside-the-box. Something leaders do. So shall we push or pull the wagon? My glass is half full. Point COUNTER Point.
Sam Lowry
The important thing to remember if we're going to get through this is that everything is always black and white. Trump is either a superhero or a monster. No one in history has ever handled a crisis any better, or any worse, than Donald Trump.
Florda_mike
Cure is found, I think in Australia with a doc here taking credit on Ingraham
quash
BrooksBearLives said:

riflebear said:

Hey. China has flattened their curve. Yeah. They told some lies. Made some stuff up.

BUT WHO COULD HAVE SEEN THIS COMING YOU GUYS?

According to your previous definitions of success, China gets a 10 out of 10. Right?
"Nobody has ever heard of a Category 5."

Not even the second or third time they hear it.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.