1M cases in Texas

13,260 Views | 209 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Wrecks Quan Dough
AZ_Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
N95s can't be found. KN95s are the closest and they're about to be extinct again too.
DioNoZeus
Canada2017 said:

DioNoZeus said:

Canada2017 said:

DioNoZeus said:

Canada2017 said:

DioNoZeus said:

Canada2017 said:

DioNoZeus said:

TexasScientist said:

DioNoZeus said:

TexasScientist said:

Gold Tron said:

J.R. said:

which is the highest of any state. It's getting worse, folks, not better. Certainly not a hoax. Wearing a mask is probably a good idea when around people. Listen to the science.

There is zero evidence that a mask mitigates or provides personal protection against a respiratory virus 0.125 microns in size. If it makes you feel safe then great. I only wear one because I don't want to be a jerk. Go read the studies.

https://aapsonline.org/mask-facts/
N95 masks are the most effective. You should wear an N95. Viral load exposure can be limited by N95 mask.
Effectiveness of Cloth Masks for Protection Against Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus 2
https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/26/10/20-0948_article
N95 masks are useless without proper fit testing to ensure a complete seal, which is one reason they are not recommended for general use in the community
They're not that hard to fit. Most anyone should be able to use one with simple instructions.
So you think the average person knows how to build a chamber to fit over their head and to aerosolize saccharine into the chamber to assess adequate seal? You're a fool.
This aggie wears one properly.

And if an aggie can do it ...............
How did you confirm that you have a complete seal? Because if you didn't, an N95 is as effective as a standard surgical mask.
Follow the instructions of my BU grad GP.

However I count on social distancing more than the N95.
Unfortunately it sounds like your GP is giving you bad advice
How so ?
N95 masks are really expensive. If you can't guarantee a seal with fit testing, you might as well buy cheaper masks
My GP gave us 5 N95"s masks for free.

If you've been using the same one daily for months it has likely lost its integrity and needs to be replaced.
TexasScientist
DioNoZeus said:

TexasScientist said:

DioNoZeus said:

TexasScientist said:

DioNoZeus said:

TexasScientist said:

Gold Tron said:

J.R. said:

which is the highest of any state. It's getting worse, folks, not better. Certainly not a hoax. Wearing a mask is probably a good idea when around people. Listen to the science.

There is zero evidence that a mask mitigates or provides personal protection against a respiratory virus 0.125 microns in size. If it makes you feel safe then great. I only wear one because I don't want to be a jerk. Go read the studies.

N95 masks are the most effective. You should wear an N95. Viral load exposure can be limited by N95 mask.
Effectiveness of Cloth Masks for Protection Against Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus 2
N95 masks are useless without proper fit testing to ensure a complete seal, which is one reason they are not recommended for general use in the community
They're not that hard to fit. Most anyone should be able to use one with simple instructions.
So you think the average person knows how to build a chamber to fit over their head and to aerosolize saccharine into the chamber to assess adequate seal? You're a fool.
That's not required to effectively and practically use an N95 mask. They don't even go to that extreme for Ebola.
Yes it is, you idiot. I'm a surgeon and have to undergo fit testing annually. It's too bad the cinque handle was shut down. This one has become just as insufferable.
You don't need to be outfitted for surgery to reduce risk of transmission with an N95 mask. Nobody says the are perfect, but they can reduce the risk of spread. There are plenty of experts on this that disagree with you, in spite of being a surgeon. Before you call someone an idiot, you may want to reflect inward first.
DioNoZeus
TexasScientist said:

DioNoZeus said:

TexasScientist said:

DioNoZeus said:

TexasScientist said:

DioNoZeus said:

TexasScientist said:

Gold Tron said:

J.R. said:

That's not required to effectively and practically use an N95 mask. They don't even go to that extreme for Ebola.
Yes it is, you idiot. I'm a surgeon and have to undergo fit testing annually. It's too bad the cinque handle was shut down. This one has become just as insufferable.
You don't need to be outfitted for surgery to reduce risk of transmission with an N95 mask. Nobody says the are perfect, but they can reduce the risk of spread. There are plenty of experts on this that disagree with you, in spite of being a surgeon. Before you call someone an idiot, you may want to reflect inward first.
If the N95 doesn't have the proper seal it is functioning as a standard mask. If you're using one as a standard mask you're wasting your money and you're depleting the supply for the people who actually need them for their intended purpose. You should stop posting about things you don't understand.
TexasScientist
DioNoZeus said:

TexasScientist said:

DioNoZeus said:

TexasScientist said:

DioNoZeus said:

TexasScientist said:

DioNoZeus said:

TexasScientist said:

Gold Tron said:

J.R. said:

If the N95 doesn't have the proper seal it is functioning as a standard mask. If you're using one as a standard mask you're wasting your money and your depleting the supply for the people who actually need them for their intended purpose. You should stop posting about things you don't understand.
Do you put a chamber over your head and aerosolize saccharine into the chamber to asses an adequate seal every time you put on an N95 mask?
DioNoZeus
TexasScientist said:

DioNoZeus said:

TexasScientist said:

DioNoZeus said:

TexasScientist said:

DioNoZeus said:

TexasScientist said:

DioNoZeus said:

TexasScientist said:

Gold Tron said:

J.R. said:

If the N95 doesn't have the proper seal it is functioning as a standard mask. If you're using one as a standard mask you're wasting your money and your depleting the supply for the people who actually need them for their intended purpose. You should stop posting about things you don't understand.
Do you put a chamber over your head and aerosolize saccharine into the chamber to asses an adequate seal every time you put on an N95 mask?
You should read the OSHA link I provided instead of pulling **** out of your ass. You might actually learn something.
TexasScientist
DioNoZeus said:

TexasScientist said:

DioNoZeus said:

TexasScientist said:

DioNoZeus said:

TexasScientist said:

DioNoZeus said:

TexasScientist said:

DioNoZeus said:

TexasScientist said:

Gold Tron said:

J.R. said:

You should read the OSHA link I provided instead of pulling **** out of your ass. You might actually learn something.
I did read it. You're the one who made the assertion that is what has to be done. I see you don't want to answer the question.
DioNoZeus
TexasScientist said:

DioNoZeus said:

TexasScientist said:

DioNoZeus said:

TexasScientist said:

DioNoZeus said:

TexasScientist said:

DioNoZeus said:

TexasScientist said:

DioNoZeus said:

TexasScientist said:

Gold Tron said:

J.R. said:

I did read it. You're the one who made the assertion that is what has to be done. I see you don't want to answer the question.
Then your reading comprehension sucks. You should try again. Pay special attention to the difference between a fit test and a user seal test. It's all there, dip*****
Gold Tron
DioNoZeus said:

TexasScientist said:

DioNoZeus said:

TexasScientist said:

DioNoZeus said:

TexasScientist said:

DioNoZeus said:

TexasScientist said:

DioNoZeus said:

TexasScientist said:

DioNoZeus said:

TexasScientist said:

Gold Tron said:

J.R. said:

Then your reading comprehension sucks. You should try again. Pay special attention to the difference between a fit test and a user seal test. It's all there, dip*****

FTR, I have failed 2 FIT tests. Another reason why I downplay masking in general but even N95 usage that is only good to 0.3 microns with a good FIT test.
My pronouns are Deez/Dem.
Canada2017
DioNoZeus said:

Canada2017 said:

DioNoZeus said:

Canada2017 said:

DioNoZeus said:

Canada2017 said:

DioNoZeus said:

Canada2017 said:

DioNoZeus said:

TexasScientist said:

DioNoZeus said:

TexasScientist said:

Gold Tron said:

J.R. said:

This aggie wears one properly.

And if an aggie can do it ...............
How did you confirm that you have a complete seal? Because if you didn't, an N95 is as effective as a standard surgical mask.
Follow the instructions of my BU grad GP.

However I count on social distancing more than the N95.
Unfortunately it sounds like your GP is giving you bad advice
How so ?
N95 masks are really expensive. If you can't guarantee a seal with fit testing, you might as well buy cheaper masks
My GP gave us 5 N95"s masks for free.

If you've been using the same one daily for months it has likely lost its integrity and needs to be replaced.

No argument.

Use it sparingly for that reason .

Impossible to replace at this time .

TexasScientist
DioNoZeus said:

TexasScientist said:

DioNoZeus said:

TexasScientist said:

DioNoZeus said:

TexasScientist said:

DioNoZeus said:

TexasScientist said:

DioNoZeus said:

TexasScientist said:

DioNoZeus said:

TexasScientist said:

Gold Tron said:

J.R. said:

Still don't want answer the question I see. Resorting to ad hominem attacks doesn't bolster your argument. You know as well as does a myriad of health organizations that an N95 mask, even if not fully sealed, can reduce viral transmission. I guess they should consult you before making any recommendations. BTW, wearing a mask won't alter your personality. You may as well refuse.
DioNoZeus
TexasScientist said:

DioNoZeus said:

TexasScientist said:

DioNoZeus said:

TexasScientist said:

DioNoZeus said:

TexasScientist said:

DioNoZeus said:

TexasScientist said:

DioNoZeus said:

TexasScientist said:

DioNoZeus said:

TexasScientist said:

Gold Tron said:

J.R. said:

Still don't want answer the question I see. Resorting to ad hominem attacks doesn't bolster your argument. You know as well as does a myriad of health organizations that an N95 mask, even if not fully sealed, can reduce viral transmission. I guess they should consult you before making any recommendations. BTW, wearing a mask won't alter your personality. You may as well refuse.
Holy ****, you're a dense mother****er. There are many different models of N95 masks on the market, and each one fits a little differently. Organizations fit test employees annually for the masks they purchase for their employees; however, if they purchase a different model employees have to undergo for testing for each additional model. Once you've demonstrated proper fitting with a specific model, you use that model and perform a seal test each time you don the mask. The purpose of the N95 mask is to protect the person wearing the mask from inhaling aerosolized particles , which is different from standard masks that are supposed to decrease transmission from the person wearing them. Like I said, you should stop posting about things you don't understand.
TexasScientist
DioNoZeus said:

TexasScientist said:

DioNoZeus said:

TexasScientist said:

DioNoZeus said:

TexasScientist said:

DioNoZeus said:

TexasScientist said:

DioNoZeus said:

TexasScientist said:

DioNoZeus said:

TexasScientist said:

DioNoZeus said:

TexasScientist said:

Gold Tron said:

J.R. said:

Holy ****, you're a dense mother****er. There are many different models of N95 masks on the market, and each one fits a little differently. Organizations fit test employees annually for the masks they purchase for their employees; however, if they purchase a different model employees have to undergo for testing for each additional model. Once you've demonstrated proper fitting with a specific model, you use that model and perform a seal test each time you don the mask. The purpose of the N95 mask is to protect the person wearing the mask from inhaling aerosolized particles , which is different from standard masks that are supposed to decrease transmission from the person wearing them. Like I said, you should stop posting about things you don't understand.
You should learn to read better. I haven't been in opposition to any of what you just posted immediately above. However, an N95 mask can reduce transmission if properly worn. It can reduce transmission to some degree, even if there is not a perfect seal. The point is to reduce the distance particles are projected, and the volume projected with any mask. An N95 is better than most other masks. There are good reasons why Johns Hopkins, the CDC, FDA, and other health organizations, loftier than even you, recommend masks. But again, I don't think you should wear one just to escape being identified.
DioNoZeus
TexasScientist said:

DioNoZeus said:

TexasScientist said:

DioNoZeus said:

TexasScientist said:

DioNoZeus said:

TexasScientist said:

DioNoZeus said:

TexasScientist said:

DioNoZeus said:

TexasScientist said:

DioNoZeus said:

TexasScientist said:

DioNoZeus said:

TexasScientist said:

Gold Tron said:

J.R. said:

You should learn to read better. I haven't been in opposition to any of what you just posted immediately above. However, an N95 mask can reduce transmission if properly worn. It can reduce transmission to some degree, even if there is not a perfect seal. The point is to reduce the distance particles are projected, and the volume projected with any mask. An N95 is better than most other masks. There are good reasons why Johns Hopkins, the CDC, FDA, and other health organizations, loftier than even you, recommend masks. But again, I don't think you should wear one just to escape being identified.

I will repeat something I posted a little higher in the thread:

If the N95 doesn't have the proper seal it is functioning as a standard mask. If you're using one as a standard mask you're wasting your money and you're depleting the supply for the people who actually need them for their intended purpose. You should stop posting about things you don't understand.
Doc Holliday
TexasScientist said:

DioNoZeus said:

TexasScientist said:

DioNoZeus said:

TexasScientist said:

DioNoZeus said:

TexasScientist said:

DioNoZeus said:

TexasScientist said:

DioNoZeus said:

TexasScientist said:

DioNoZeus said:

TexasScientist said:

DioNoZeus said:

TexasScientist said:

Gold Tron said:

J.R. said:

N95 without the seal is the same effectiveness as a cloth mask...so there's no need to buy an N95 mask, unless you plan on sealing them every use: which isn't happening.
TexasScientist
DioNoZeus said:

TexasScientist said:

DioNoZeus said:

TexasScientist said:

DioNoZeus said:

TexasScientist said:

DioNoZeus said:

TexasScientist said:

DioNoZeus said:

TexasScientist said:

DioNoZeus said:

TexasScientist said:

DioNoZeus said:

TexasScientist said:

DioNoZeus said:

TexasScientist said:

Gold Tron said:

J.R. said:

You have a comprehension issue. Now you're deflecting. I pointed out that N95's are considered better over other masks. Arguing not to buy them in order to avoid depleting the supply for health care providers is a different issue. Take it up with Mayo Clinic they have a web site https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/coronavirus/in-depth/coronavirus-mask/art-20485449#:~:text=Actually%20a%20type%20of%20respirator,of%20very%20small%20particles.
stating:
Can face masks help slow the spread of the coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) that causes COVID-19? Yes, face masks combined with other preventive measures, such as frequent hand-washing and social distancing, help slow the spread of the virus. ..... Actually a type of respirator, an N95 mask offers more protection than a surgical mask does because it can filter out both large and small particles when the wearer inhales. As the name indicates, the mask is designed to block 95% of very small particles. Some N95 masks have valves that make them easier to breathe through. With this type of mask, unfiltered air is released when the wearer exhales But because the valve releases unfiltered air when the wearer breathes out, this type of mask doesn't prevent the wearer from spreading the virus. For this reason, some places have banned them. .... The CDC recommends that you wear a cloth face mask when you're around people who don't live with you and in public settings when social distancing is difficult.

An N95 will offer better protection than a cloth mask, regardless if properly fitted, because of the way it is constructed. How effective that will be is subjective. Sparing them for health care workers is another topic.
DioNoZeus
TexasScientist said:

DioNoZeus said:

TexasScientist said:

DioNoZeus said:

TexasScientist said:

DioNoZeus said:

TexasScientist said:

DioNoZeus said:

TexasScientist said:

DioNoZeus said:

TexasScientist said:

DioNoZeus said:

TexasScientist said:

DioNoZeus said:

TexasScientist said:

DioNoZeus said:

TexasScientist said:

Gold Tron said:

J.R. said:

You have a comprehension issue. Now you're deflecting. I pointed out that N95's are considered better over other masks. Arguing not to buy them in order to avoid depleting the supply for health care providers is a different issue. Take it up with Mayo Clinic they have a web site https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/coronavirus/in-depth/coronavirus-mask/art-20485449#:~:text=Actually%20a%20type%20of%20respirator,of%20very%20small%20particles.
stating:
Can face masks help slow the spread of the coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) that causes COVID-19? Yes, face masks combined with other preventive measures, such as frequent hand-washing and social distancing, help slow the spread of the virus. ..... Actually a type of respirator, an N95 mask offers more protection than a surgical mask does because it can filter out both large and small particles when the wearer inhales. As the name indicates, the mask is designed to block 95% of very small particles. Some N95 masks have valves that make them easier to breathe through. With this type of mask, unfiltered air is released when the wearer exhales But because the valve releases unfiltered air when the wearer breathes out, this type of mask doesn't prevent the wearer from spreading the virus. For this reason, some places have banned them. .... The CDC recommends that you wear a cloth face mask when you're around people who don't live with you and in public settings when social distancing is difficult.

An N95 will offer better protection than a cloth mask, regardless if properly fitted, because of the way it is constructed. How effective that will be is subjective. Sparing them for health care workers is another topic.

Air flow will follow the path of least resistance. If your N95 does not have a complete seal, the filtering capability of the mask is lost and air and aerosolized particles will escape and enter from the cracks, just like a surgical or cloth mask. For someone claiming to be a scientist, your lack of basic reasoning and comprehension is alarming.
cms186
Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

Apparently we need better masks.
We can't invent one that will wear itself.
Keep believing that's the reason when nations with the strictest of mask mandates and social restriction policies are raging. Most people are masking with the equivalent of an air sponge that works both ways (external and internal) and repeatedly creating air flow through it. Science and stuff...
Not what the science says, but that's beating a dead horse. Hopefully the new administration can turn things around.
What does "science" say is the reason a number of the countries in Europe who had the most restrictions have a higher number of cases per capita than the U.S.?
they dont:

USA 33'861 cases per Million
Russia 13'194 CPM
UK 19'763 CPM
France 29'920 CPM
Spain 31'920 CPM
Italy 18'941 CPM
Germany 9'448 CPM
Poland 18'846 CPM
Ukraine 12'281 CPM
Betherlands 26'116 CPM
Romania 18'775 CPM

in fact, the only 2 countries in Europe in the top 30 for total cases in the world that exceed the USAs are Belgium and the Czech Republic who are in the low to mid 40k CPM

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#page-top
I'm the English Guy
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
We do more testing than anyone in the world, Chris. On top of that, it appears that an individual that is tested five times is counted as five cases.

Like Mark Twain used to say, "There are lies, damn lies, and statistics."
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Porteroso
ATL Bear said:

Porteroso said:

ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

Keep believing that's the reason when nations with the strictest of mask mandates and social restriction policies are raging. Most people are masking with the equivalent of an air sponge that works both ways (external and internal) and repeatedly creating air flow through it. Science and stuff...

OH my good lord, don't even mention science if you're that ignorant lol. Plenty of studies on which masks stop the spread of covid the best. Here's one.

https://olv.duke.edu/news/researchers-created-a-test-to-determine-which-masks-are-the-least-effective/

Also the countries experiencing outbreaks are some of the ones that avoided the first wave, people relaxed, now they are on their second wave.

The countries like Taiwan, that are severely limiting travel, wearing masks, social distancing, have basically no waves at all. Fewer than 50 deaths total.

Your posting really makes no sense. If everyone had been wearing a mask, this third wave wouldn't be so bad. From the beginning it was assumed it would get worse in flu season. This is expected, just much worse because we are failing as a society to take it seriously.
I just posted studies showing how the aerosolized nature of the virus has made nearly all mask types beyond N95 relatively ineffective.

EDIT: This was literally from the link you posted:

But when testing their effectiveness, researchers discovered that some masks are quite literally
useless.

Maybe you should STFU when calling someone ignorant.

I can say it again in a way easier to understand. Some masks are bad, but masks are essential to stopping the spread of the virus.

Mask mandates are good, and the people that have worn masks have prevented the deaths of millions, worldwide. In a country like Taiwan, where 99% of the population wore one, they have like 30 deaths. I America, where people like you rag on the mandate, we are much worse off. Wearing a mask is not the only answer to the virus, but it helps curb the spread.

It's that simple. You're ignorant for saying otherwise.
ATL Bear
Porteroso said:

ATL Bear said:

Porteroso said:

ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

OH my good lord, don't even mention science if you're that ignorant lol. Plenty of studies on which masks stop the spread of covid the best. Here's one.

https://olv.duke.edu/news/researchers-created-a-test-to-determine-which-masks-are-the-least-effective/

Also the countries experiencing outbreaks are some of the ones that avoided the first wave, people relaxed, now they are on their second wave.

The countries like Taiwan, that are severely limiting travel, wearing masks, social distancing, have basically no waves at all. Fewer than 50 deaths total.

Your posting really makes no sense. If everyone had been wearing a mask, this third wave wouldn't be so bad. From the beginning it was assumed it would get worse in flu season. This is expected, just much worse because we are failing as a society to take it seriously.
I just posted studies showing how the aerosolized nature of the virus has made nearly all mask types beyond N95 relatively ineffective.

EDIT: This was literally from the link you posted:

But when testing their effectiveness, researchers discovered that some masks are quite literally
useless.

Maybe you should STFU when calling someone ignorant.

I can say it again in a way easier to understand. Some masks are bad, but masks are essential to stopping the spread of the virus.

Mask mandates are good, and the people that have worn masks have prevented the deaths of millions, worldwide. In a country like Taiwan, where 99% of the population wore one, they have like 30 deaths. I America, where people like you rag on the mandate, we are much worse off. Wearing a mask is not the only answer to the virus, but it helps curb the spread.

It's that simple. You're ignorant for saying otherwise.
Comparing an island nation like Taiwan that has been locked down and requires 14 day quarantine for all country entrants, and the US is foolish. Even Fauci has made that point. The virus isn't raging all over the world right now because of failure to wear masks. That's the point, and you're ignorant to believe otherwise. I've never said don't wear masks, I've only said that preventative measure is not achieving what everyone thinks it is, and it's backed by science and current trends. Taiwan and New Zealand aren't where they are thanks to masks. They were effectively able to cut themselves off from the rest of the world and control who comes in and out early on and for a long period.
cms186
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

We do more testing than anyone in the world, Chris. On top of that, it appears that an individual that is tested five times is counted as five cases.

in terms of total tests, yes, in terms of tests per million, no, the UK has more tests per million than the USA, as does Denmark, Israel, UAE, Singapore and lots of very small countries like Iceland, Luxembourg and similar size countries whose small populations likely skew those numbers, Belgium, Spain and Russia arent that far behind either
I'm the English Guy
AZ_Bear
cms186 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

in terms of total tests, yes, in terms of tests per million, no, the UK has more tests per million than the USA, as does Denmark, Israel, UAE, Singapore and lots of very small countries like Iceland, Luxembourg and similar size countries whose small populations likely skew those numbers, Belgium, Spain and Russia arent that far behind either

Have you found anything that compares testing procedures, PCR cycle threshold, and reporting requirements/methodology across countries?

The U.S. uses a Ct of 40, which I've seen in some WHO analyses. However, I think I've read European countries use high 20s to high 30s. This would make a huge difference.

Do some countries have a central database of everyone who's COVID positive? The U.S. doesn't (unless it's a secret NSA type thing but it's not used for a public count). I was counted positive multiple times and many people I know were too.

Do other countries test their dead that died from other causes to see if they had COVID too? Heart attacks? Cancer patients in hospice? Car accidents? Suicides? Do they count probables?

Which people other countries test can make a big difference too. Do they have a lot more mandatory testing? If so, they will be testing a lot more healthy people in comparison to the U.S. We saw how our numbers changed significantly when we opened up the economy when we switched from testing only sick people to testing healthy people too. However, I'd suspect that many countries have an even greater amount of mandatory testing which would skew the results toward the healthy.

All of my assumptions might be wrong. I'm honestly looking for good data. The data in the U.S. is really really messy. How do we know that the data from other countries is equally/more/less messy or that comparisons are reasonable for raw counts? Bad data makes for bad analysis. From what I've seen, only trends are appropriate to compare.

GrowlTowel
You have the Kung Fru, have had the Kung Fru, or will have the Kung Fru.

Live your life accordingly and remember where it came from.
Your ideas are intriguing to me, and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
Doc Holliday
What's killing people is heart disease and COVID making it worse.

America is THE WORST country for heart disease people.

Why are some of y'all so surprised?
Jacques Strap
Jake Tapper said, "Once somebody has been immunized Once the process is complete, does that mean they can take off their mask, don't have to social distance, and go about their lives as before?"

Fauci said, "I would recommend that is not the case. I would recommend you have an added area of protection. Obviously, with 90 plus percent effective vaccine, you could feel much more confident, but I would recommend to people to not abandon all public health measures just because you've been vaccinated."

Sorry Doc, not listening to you anymore. I like these experts better.
Adopting measures to protect the vulnerable should be the central aim of public health responses to COVID-19.
Those who are not vulnerable should immediately be allowed to resume life as normal.
Gold Tron
DioNoZeus said:

TexasScientist said:

DioNoZeus said:

TexasScientist said:

DioNoZeus said:

TexasScientist said:

DioNoZeus said:

TexasScientist said:

DioNoZeus said:

TexasScientist said:

DioNoZeus said:

TexasScientist said:

DioNoZeus said:

TexasScientist said:

DioNoZeus said:

TexasScientist said:

DioNoZeus said:

TexasScientist said:

Gold Tron said:

J.R. said:

stating:

Air flow will follow the path of least resistance. If your N95 does not have a complete seal, the filtering capability of the mask is lost and air and aerosolized particles will escape and enter from the cracks, just like a surgical or cloth mask. For someone claiming to be a scientist, your lack of basic reasoning and comprehension is alarming.

In a world where truth is relative for so many this may be hard to accept but Dio is speaking absolute truth. Even with a proper FIT test, N95 masks are only good to 0.3 microns and a Covid particle is 0.125. With a proper mask fit, N95s are the best we have short of PAPR but still isn't completely effective. He is absolutely correct about the path of least resistance. Some on here need to post less and read more. I have worn a mask daily for more than 20 years. Maybe, just maybe I know a bit about the subject.
AZ_Bear
Doc Holliday said:

Great point. I should add this to my list of variables that need to be considered when discussing differences between countries.

A few other variables that might impact the numbers:
Which countries pay their facilities for COVID patients the way that the U.S. does?
Which countries were in a Presidential election year?
Is it possible that ethnicity plays a role?

My point is that there are so so many variables that need to be controlled/considered when making comparisons.

There's a reason why every stats teacher starts the first class with the commonly known phrase of:
"There's lies, damn lies, and statistics."

And then it's pounded into your head that correlation does not equal causation!

Be skeptical. Don't trust anything (either way).
Osodecentx
AZ_Bear said:

Doc Holliday said:

Exactly. I'll be wearing a mask until I get vaccinated
Gold Tron
Osodecentx said:

AZ_Bear said:

Doc Holliday said:

Hilarious. Masks don't protect you and you want a vaccine that has been rushed to market. Lol
AZ_Bear
Osodecentx said:

AZ_Bear said:

Doc Holliday said:

In other words, you are NOT skeptical that masks and a vaccine can protect you.
TexasScientist
DioNoZeus said:

TexasScientist said:

DioNoZeus said:

TexasScientist said:

DioNoZeus said:

TexasScientist said:

DioNoZeus said:

TexasScientist said:

DioNoZeus said:

TexasScientist said:

DioNoZeus said:

TexasScientist said:

DioNoZeus said:

TexasScientist said:

DioNoZeus said:

TexasScientist said:

DioNoZeus said:

TexasScientist said:

Gold Tron said:

J.R. said:

stating:

You're incredibly ridiculous. I fully realize what you just posted, and I haven't been arguing that issue. I've been saying wearing a mask, an N95 is the best type, is not perfect but can reduce the potential of spreading the virus, which is the reason it is being recommended by government and other health agencies. Yes, they can leak around the edges, and yes small particles can get through. But they do offer some measure of protection, otherwise they wouldn't be recommended.
DioNoZeus
TexasScientist said:

DioNoZeus said:

TexasScientist said:

DioNoZeus said:

TexasScientist said:

DioNoZeus said:

TexasScientist said:

DioNoZeus said:

TexasScientist said:

DioNoZeus said:

TexasScientist said:

DioNoZeus said:

TexasScientist said:

DioNoZeus said:

TexasScientist said:

DioNoZeus said:

TexasScientist said:

DioNoZeus said:

TexasScientist said:

Gold Tron said:

J.R. said:

stating:

You're incredibly ridiculous. I fully realize what you just posted, and I haven't been arguing that issue. I've been saying wearing a mask, an N95 is the best type, is not perfect but can reduce the potential of spreading the virus, which is the reason it is being recommended by government and other health agencies. Yes, they can leak around the edges, and yes small particles can get through. But they do offer some measure of protection, otherwise they wouldn't be recommended.
Just stop, you're embarrassing yourself. It's too bad that you're too ignorant to realize it.
Wrecks Quan Dough
DioNoZeus said:

TexasScientist said:

DioNoZeus said:

TexasScientist said:

DioNoZeus said:

TexasScientist said:

DioNoZeus said:

TexasScientist said:

DioNoZeus said:

TexasScientist said:

DioNoZeus said:

TexasScientist said:

DioNoZeus said:

TexasScientist said:

DioNoZeus said:

TexasScientist said:

DioNoZeus said:

TexasScientist said:

DioNoZeus said:

TexasScientist said:

Gold Tron said:

J.R. said:

stating:

Just stop, you're embarrassing yourself. It's too bad that you're too ignorant to realize it.

His screen name should be Texas Douch'e.
Osodecentx
AZ_Bear said:

Osodecentx said:

AZ_Bear said:

Doc Holliday said:

In other words, you are NOT skeptical that masks and a vaccine can protect you.
Not at all

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.