Prediction: Trump will resign, Pence will pardon him. What do you think?

8,463 Views | 147 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by HuMcK
Osodecentx
How long do you want to ignore this user?
PartyBear said:

I think Barr may be facing obstruction of justice charges in the spring unless he gets his pardon before noon Jan 20th. Barr is not a good example at all for demonstrating what an AG can do.
I disagree

What obstruction of justice?
HuMcK
Pretty clear Barr stepped in to interfere with prosecutions of Roger Stone and Mike Flynn. It might not add up to obstruction, but it warrants investigation.
wuzzybear
TexasScientist said:

wuzzybear said:

TexasScientist said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

TexasScientist said:

Prediction: Trump will resign, Pence will pardon him

https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/525845-prediction-trump-will-resign-pence-will-pardon-him

I think he has to, if he is smart. What do you think?
Pardon him for what? Being Donald Trump?
Yep, for being Donald Trump. For federal charges of bank fraud, money laundering, RICO act violations etc.
Silly boy, you need to fix your typos, because Trump should be replaced by Joe Biden in your statement. Did you graduate at the top of your Marx College Class. No doubt you are a 1 percenter.
You probably should go back to target practice where you're more accurate.
Oldbear83
HuMcK said:

Pretty clear Barr stepped in to interfere with prosecutions of Roger Stone and Mike Flynn. It might not add up to obstruction, but it warrants investigation.
Democrats think everyone done they don't like "warrants investigation".

Nothing they do, of course, is any concern.
Osodecentx
HuMcK said:

Well, we really disagree.
HuMcK
I'm curious to hear why. Lead prosecutors resigned on both of those cases because someone interfered with them doing their jobs, most likely candidate is Barr. I think at a minimum some investigator will want to hear what those prosecutors have to say.
Wrecks Quan Dough
HuMcK said:

I'm curious to hear why. Lead prosecutors resigned on both of those cases because someone interfered with them doing their jobs, most likely candidate is Barr. I think at a minimum some investigator will want to hear what those prosecutors have to say.
What specifically did Barr do that amounts to obstruction of justice?
HuMcK
I didn't say he did, I said it warrants investigation. Influencing criminal cases of the President's associates, who potentially could provide adverse testimony that would expose the President to legal liability (i.e. a "corrupt purpose", 1 major element of the obstruction statute), could rise to that level although that is a very long shot.

Again, the lead prosecutors in those cases both resigned for a reason, once Barr is no longer their boss they might be interested in discussing their thoughts about it.
Osodecentx
HuMcK said:

I didn't say he did, I said it warrants investigation. Influencing criminal cases of the President's associates, who potentially could provide adverse testimony that would expose the President to legal liability (i.e. a "corrupt purpose", 1 major element of the obstruction statute), could rise to that level although that is a very long shot.

Again, the lead prosecutors in those cases both resigned for a reason, once Barr is no longer their boss they might be interested in discussing their thoughts about it.
Maybe you can get Rudy and Powell to represent you in these claims. They have experience in these sorts of things.
Wrecks Quan Dough
HuMcK said:

In that case, this is so stupid it should make your head spin. Barr runs the Justice Department, which was not providing exculpatory information (as is required) in the Flynn case. Try to keep up, Aggie.
HuMcK
Funny you should mention Powell, she is the current defense counsel for Flynn in his case, using the same strategy of throwing out wild conspiracies in public but getting slapped by the Judge in court. If not for Barr intervening to force DoJ into trying to dismiss the case (which the Judge is rightfully calling out as absurdly obvious corruption), prompting the resignation of the lead prosecutor in protest, Flynn would be a convicted felon and in jail right now.

But hey, maybe Powell and Barr are playing it straighter in the Flynn case than they are with the election stuff...or maybe these people are a pack of charlatans and thieves and all they know how to do is be shady. Who knows, "both sides" and all that.
HuMcK
Got my Baylor degree in 2010, do you have one?
Osodecentx
HuMcK said:

Funny you should mention Powell, she is the current defense counsel for Flynn in his case, using the same strategy of throwing out wild conspiracies in public but getting slapped by the Judge in court. If not for Barr intervening to force DoJ into trying to dismiss the case (which the Judge is rightfully calling out as absurdly obvious corruption), prompting the resignation of the lead prosecutor in protest, Flynn would be a convicted felon and in jail right now.

But hey, maybe Powell and Barr are playing it straighter in the Flynn case than they are with the election stuff...or maybe these people are a pack of charlatans and thieves and all they know how to do is be shady. Who knows, "both sides" and all that.
She seems perfect for you
HuMcK
Lol you voted for these people, not me.
Osodecentx
HuMcK said:

You're talking about obstruction, so you need people who will go where nobody has gone before.
They're gaining the experience you will require for bat**** lawsuits
Oldbear83
HuMcK said:

Your side voted in AOC, Schiff, Pelosi et al. That's not something a reasonable person would celebrate as good.
Wrecks Quan Dough
HuMcK said:

No. I dropped out from Rotan High School. I just come on the Baylor Board for fun.
Osodecentx
Carlos Safety said:

HuMcK said:

No. I dropped out from Rotan High School. I just come on the Baylor Board for fun.
Didn't you play Crockett in 2010?
Wrecks Quan Dough
Osodecentx said:

Carlos Safety said:

HuMcK said:

Didn't you play Crockett in 2010?

No.
TexasScientist
Trump has discussed with advisers pardons for his 3 eldest children, Jared Kushner and Rudy Giuliani

https://www.capitalgazette.com/news/nation-world/ct-nw-nyt-trump-rudy-giuliani-pardon-20201201-abo6s3wan5e5vj7gugh6a2pgaa-story.html

President Donald Trump has discussed with advisers whether to grant preemptive pardons to his children, to his son-in-law and to his personal lawyer Rudy Giuliani, and talked with Giuliani about pardoning him as recently as last week, according to two people briefed on the matter.

.... Giuliani has asked Trump's campaign to pay him $20,000 a day for his work on trying to overturn the election, a figure that would make him among the most highly paid lawyers in the world. The staggering sum has stirred opposition among Trump's aides who worry that Giuliani has perpetuated the claims of election fraud in hopes of making as much money as possible.

Giuliani has expressed concern that any federal investigations of his conduct that appear to have been dormant under the Trump administration could be revived in a Biden administration, according to people who have spoken to him. ...
HuMcK
As I said, bank fraud and insurance fraud are up first.
J.R.
Carlos Safety said:

HuMcK said:

Ok...now that is funny. I spend a lot of time between Rotan and Jayton!!!!!!!
Wrecks Quan Dough
J.R. said:

Carlos Safety said:

HuMcK said:

Ok...now that is funny. I spend a lot of time between Rotan and Jayton!!!!!!!

Yellowhammers.
TexasScientist
https://www.syracuse.com/us-news/2020/12/ny-ag-predicts-president-trump-will-step-down-so-vp-pence-can-pardon-him.html

NY AG predicts President Trump will step down so VP Pence can pardon him

New York Attorney General Letitia James is predicting President Donald Trump will step down from office so Vice President Mike Pence can pardon him.

"He can preemptively pardon individuals, and the vast majority of legal scholars have indicated that he cannot pardon himself," James said on ABC's "The View" Tuesday. "What he could do is step down and allow the vice president Vice President Pence to pardon him."

"I suspect at some point in time he will step down and allow the vice president to pardon him."

James should have a pretty good idea of what Bone Spur is facing when he leaves office. If she thinks he will have Pence pardon him, there is a high probability he will.
“It is impossible to get a man to understand something if his livelihood depends on him not understanding.” ~ Upton Sinclair
HuMcK
These kinds of outside experts are expensive, government agencies don't just call them in for nothing...
BaylorBJM
Have the mods checked on Wuzzy? After posting 50+ posts per day for weeks on end he's been inactive for nearly a month.

I think the chances are greater than not he is/was a bot, but he he posted in a manner and made some veiled comments which I think warrant at least a check-in given recent event in Nashville and others.

And yes, I'm being 100% serious.
HuMcK
HuMcK said:

Maybe next time don't sell your entire souls to such an unrepentant criminal and you won't have to worry about such things. Especially now, with Trump spreading conspiracies and deliberately undermining the foundations of our Republic to save his own skin, the only (narrow) path to reconciliation involves accountability for Trump.

Just gonna bump now for no reason at all.
Wrecks Quan Dough
HuMcK said:

HuMcK said:

Maybe next time don't sell your entire souls to such an unrepentant criminal and you won't have to worry about such things. Especially now, with Trump spreading conspiracies and deliberately undermining the foundations of our Republic to save his own skin, the only (narrow) path to reconciliation involves accountability for Trump.

Just gonna bump now for no reason at all.
Or what are you going to do?
HuMcK
Pray fervently for swift justice
Wrecks Quan Dough
HuMcK said:

Pray fervently for swift justice
LOL. For another non-prosecutable act.
TexasScientist
BaylorBJM said:

Have the mods checked on Wuzzy? After posting 50+ posts per day for weeks on end he's been inactive for nearly a month.

I think the chances are greater than not he is/was a bot, but he he posted in a manner and made some veiled comments which I think warrant at least a check-in given recent event in Nashville and others.

And yes, I'm being 100% serious.
I've reported him in detail to the mods. All they say is they will look into it. I think the guy is unhinged, and may be the type to make the evening news. He and his militia may be planning to meet in DC for the big event.
“It is impossible to get a man to understand something if his livelihood depends on him not understanding.” ~ Upton Sinclair
Oldbear83
There's the 'tolerant' Left. Find someone with an opinion you dislike, and do whatever you can to ban them.

That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
TexasScientist
Oldbear83 said:

There's the 'tolerant' Left. Find someone with an opinion you dislike, and do whatever you can to ban them.

First, my comments come from the right of center, as opposed to the radical extreme right. You need to pay more attention to direction. Second, if your premise were true, I would have tried to ban your comments long ago. Wuzzy's comments suggest he is unstable and may do something irrational or worse. But your concern raises the question. Are you in the militia?
Oldbear83
TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

First, my comments come from the right of center, as opposed to the radical extreme right. You need to pay more attention to direction. Second, if your premise were true, I would have tried to ban your comments long ago. Wuzzy's comments suggest he is unstable and may do something irrational or worse. But your concern raises the question. Are you in the militia?
Pretty weak excuses TS, especially since you have never understood 'right of center' in any meaningful way as evidenced by your posts.

You have a hard-left bias politically, which is fine but it makes you laughably absurd when you virtue signal anyone who really is center-right.

It's especially funny how you pretend to be civil but can't resist cheap shots as evidenced by your last question. Just admit you can be just as petty as anyone else here, and you will gain more credibility.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
TexasScientist
Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

Pretty weak excuses TS, especially since you have never understood 'right of center' in any meaningful way as evidenced by your posts.

You have a hard-left bias politically, which is fine but it makes you laughably absurd when you virtue signal anyone who really is center-right.

It's especially funny how you pretend to be civil but can't resist cheap shots as evidenced by your last question. Just admit you can be just as petty as anyone else here, and you will gain more credibility.
So says the king of cheap shots (review your own prolific posts). My politics are fair and objective, and from the right. I don't buy into the conspiracy theories, Q theories and disinformation from the fringe right. That doesn't mean my politics are from the left. The right needs to clean itself up. Getting rid of Trump, who is not a conservative, is a good step in the right direction. I challenge you to back up your claim that I have a "hard-left bias politically."

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.