'No One Is Listening to Us'

8,810 Views | 182 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Wrecks Quan Dough
TexasScientist
How long do you want to ignore this user?
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Limited IQ Redneck in PU said:

There are several posters here that need to go to Iowa and rescue these poor people. Its just a hoax thrown up by the democrats to steal the election. It will evaporate after Nov. 4th. Just ask readytowin and several others.
Covid is here to stay with Biden and the Democrats. It is not going anywhere for the next two years for these two reasons:

1. The need for mail in voting. It worked beautifully for the Dems in the 2020 Election. For this reason, Covid will have an extended lifespan.

2. Need an excuse for Joe Biden's lack of travel abroad and not leaving the White House. Covid is the perfect excuse.

Yes, had Trump been the winner, funeral arrangements would already be being made for Covid.
Seems there is some revision going on here. It was Trump and his Trumpets far and wide who said Covid would miraculously disappear on November 4th.
TexasScientist
Carlos Safety said:

Sam Lowry said:

Carlos Safety said:

Sam Lowry said:

Carlos Safety said:

Bearitto said:

How long should politicians enjoy 'temporary emergency powers'? What is the time horizon for 'temporary' before it's effectively permanent? Is seasonally permanent or cyclically permanent or even structurally permanent fine, just as long as they keep saying it's temporary?

Until the weakest and most vulnerable feel safe.
I keep telling you, you are safe. It's not authoritarianism.

Then we don't need the new regs. And you can stop whining and worrying.
Tell it to the doctors.

Telling it to you and political class. And just basically not complying.
We have a complete presidential failure in leadership to develop a national strategy and policy using the emergency authority he has to address a national crisis.
Florda_mike
Texas Scientist = TDS TDS TDS ...... ?
Wrecks Quan Dough
TexasScientist said:

Carlos Safety said:

Sam Lowry said:

Carlos Safety said:

Sam Lowry said:

Carlos Safety said:

Bearitto said:

How long should politicians enjoy 'temporary emergency powers'? What is the time horizon for 'temporary' before it's effectively permanent? Is seasonally permanent or cyclically permanent or even structurally permanent fine, just as long as they keep saying it's temporary?

Tell it to the doctors.

We have a complete presidential failure in leadership to develop a national strategy and policy using the emergency authority he has to address a national crisis.

You appear to be a bot.
quash
Sam Lowry said:

quash said:

Sam Lowry said:

quash said:

Sam Lowry said:

quash said:

Sam Lowry said:

quash said:

Sam Lowry said:

quash said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

It's not disagreement that makes one a "Nazi" or "Communist." It's the policies they support.

For the record, despite our heated disagreements, I don't think you're either, but you (and Sam) do support authoritarian policies that I agree with Florida Mike I never would have thought you would have supported prior to this pandemic. It seems to support the age-old adage that people will trade freedom for security.

Same policies that were on the books and supported by everyone until a few months ago.

Still authoritarian and they weren't supported by everyone.
What's your definition of authoritarian?
I know it when I see it. I see lockdowns as authoritarian.

Don't order me to behave a certain way, persuade me. Especially if it concerns rights.
Same question I asked Mothra: should the state have any emergency powers?
Sure.

Should citizens have any rights?
What powers should the state have during a pandemic?
What rights should citizens have during a pandemic?

I'm trying to get you to talk about individual rights, because they have to be balanced against govt power/encroachment.

We weren't given the option of voluntarily following a protocol that balanced individual rights and state power. President Trump left a leadership vacuum and local leaders followed some of the worst examples ("I will exercise more power to protect you than that guy did."); we should have had national policies following the best protocols, since we got hit after so many other countries. We wasted the advantage our oceans gave us.
I think the laws already on the books are an appropriate balance. I'm asking because you say they're not. What emergency powers should the law have provided?

I never said that, look again. Did you mean to reply to someone else?
Whatevs.
Shrug off all you want. Power held and power used are different.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Wrecks Quan Dough
quash said:

Sam Lowry said:

quash said:

Sam Lowry said:

quash said:

Sam Lowry said:

quash said:

Sam Lowry said:

quash said:

Sam Lowry said:

quash said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

It's not disagreement that makes one a "Nazi" or "Communist." It's the policies they support.

For the record, despite our heated disagreements, I don't think you're either, but you (and Sam) do support authoritarian policies that I agree with Florida Mike I never would have thought you would have supported prior to this pandemic. It seems to support the age-old adage that people will trade freedom for security.

Same policies that were on the books and supported by everyone until a few months ago.

Still authoritarian and they weren't supported by everyone.
What's your definition of authoritarian?
I know it when I see it. I see lockdowns as authoritarian.

Don't order me to behave a certain way, persuade me. Especially if it concerns rights.
Same question I asked Mothra: should the state have any emergency powers?
Sure.

Should citizens have any rights?
What powers should the state have during a pandemic?
What rights should citizens have during a pandemic?

I'm trying to get you to talk about individual rights, because they have to be balanced against govt power/encroachment.

We weren't given the option of voluntarily following a protocol that balanced individual rights and state power. President Trump left a leadership vacuum and local leaders followed some of the worst examples ("I will exercise more power to protect you than that guy did."); we should have had national policies following the best protocols, since we got hit after so many other countries. We wasted the advantage our oceans gave us.
I think the laws already on the books are an appropriate balance. I'm asking because you say they're not. What emergency powers should the law have provided?

I never said that, look again. Did you mean to reply to someone else?
Whatevs.
Shrug off all you want. Power held and power used are different.
Yep. The Hebrew slave noted the difference between the task master holding the whip and the task master applying the whip to his back.
Sam Lowry
Carlos Safety said:

Sam Lowry said:

Carlos Safety said:

Sam Lowry said:

Carlos Safety said:

Bearitto said:

Tell it to the doctors.

Yep, and now another round of restrictions is being triggered. Your local businesses say thanks.
Wrecks Quan Dough
Sam Lowry said:

Carlos Safety said:

Sam Lowry said:

Carlos Safety said:

Sam Lowry said:

Carlos Safety said:

Bearitto said:

Tell it to the doctors.

Yep, and now another round of restrictions is being triggered. Your local businesses say thanks.
They should not comply. It is apparent that the restrictions do not work and our politicians are unthinking, clueless knobs whose primary consideration is how the public perceives them. If their restrictions worked, then the cases would have been controlled. Clearly, Governor Abbott's edicts that keep salt shakers off of restaurant tables is not "slowing the spread" or "flattening the curve." But his edicts are hurting small businesses while making Jeff Bezos and the Walton family richer. The Legislature cannot meet and curb his power and the power of county judges soon enough.
Porteroso
Bearitto said:

No one listens to petty tyrants. Fatties and Oldsters should have locked themselves away. The rest of Iowa is just fine. You are responsible for your own health if you are concerned.

Doubling down on screwing the old people I see. Typical repub behavior. Screw anyone but me!
Bearitto
Porteroso said:

Bearitto said:

No one listens to petty tyrants. Fatties and Oldsters should have locked themselves away. The rest of Iowa is just fine. You are responsible for your own health if you are concerned.

Doubling down on screwing the old people I see. Typical repub behavior. Screw anyone but me!

Typical Libertarian behavior...leave me alone and I leave you alone. Mind your own god damned business you petty leftist tyrants and lock your own fatasses down into your own cellars because you are scared of catching a cold.
Mr. Bearitto was banned by the cowardly site owners because he stated that U.S. battleships should not be named after weak victims like Emmett Till, like Robby suggested. Apparently the site owners want a ship named in their honor some day. ;)
Sam Lowry
Bearitto said:

Porteroso said:

Bearitto said:

Typical Libertarian behavior...leave me alone and I leave you alone. Mind your own god damned business you petty leftist tyrants and lock your own fatasses down into your own cellars because you are scared of catching a cold.
Thoughts on what, if any, powers the state should have during a pandemic?
Bearitto
Sam Lowry said:

Bearitto said:

Porteroso said:

Bearitto said:

Let me know when we have a pandemic and we can talk. Right now we have a bad cold.

You still haven't answered my question.
Mr. Bearitto was banned by the cowardly site owners because he stated that U.S. battleships should not be named after weak victims like Emmett Till, like Robby suggested. Apparently the site owners want a ship named in their honor some day. ;)
Sam Lowry
Bearitto said:

Sam Lowry said:

Bearitto said:

Porteroso said:

Bearitto said:

Let me know when we have a pandemic and we can talk. Right now we have a bad cold.

30 days subject to renewal, until voters say otherwise, and no.
Wrecks Quan Dough
Sam Lowry said:

Bearitto said:

Porteroso said:

Bearitto said:

The State should be able to destroy business by creating an arbitrary distinction between essential and nonessential. The State should be able to interfere in private contracts because... well, because, ... well, because the State's response to a disease exacerbated problems and responding to the problems the State created, the State will make it all better.

The State should be able to determine how restaurants operate because no one knows how to run a restaurant better than a Governor or a public health "expert." The State should refuse to protect landlords by not hearing eviction cases. The State is exempt from its most basic roles in protecting private property rights and enforcing contracts when a lot of people catch a respiratory illness.

The State should borrow trillions of dollars to distribute to the people it put of out of work. In fact, the State should design a system whereby many people get paid more to stay at home than they were getting paid to work before the government shut down their employer. That will help ensure that if their employer is allowed to reopen it will be hard to get those employees to report to work because they will actually earn less to not collect unemployment and the supplemental benefit.

Yes, the government should arrogate as much power to itself for as long as it wants when people start getting sick. It makes people feel better. But most of all, it makes the rich richer and the powerful even more so. The State need not be rational in its approach. After all, people are catching a respiratory illness.

The government should lie about what it is doing. It should start with a modest proposal that sounds reasonable. Something like "15 days to flatten the curve" or "15 days to save our healthcare system." Then around 30 to 60 days later, the State can change the objective to something not reasonable like eradicating the disease altogether. And if people don't like it, then you can shame them by saying they are selfish or granny killers. That is the way a free society should relate to its government.
Jacques Strap

J.B.Katz
Jacques Strap said:

The loudest whining right now is coming from Donald Trump with no justification.

Healthcare workers have something real to complain about--risky working conditions, a lack of protective clothing, no meaningful, coodinated public health protocols we're trying to implement to ensure hospitals and healthcare workers aren't overwhelmed.

Dissing them while the Whiner in Chief is golfing and tweeting and planning parties in a White House decorated for Christmas most Americans won't celebrate with their extended families this year is cold.

What about Trump's behavior and his response to COVID sets a Christlike example. Or do we just not care about that if Trump does it?
Wrecks Quan Dough
J.B.Katz said:

Jacques Strap said:

The loudest whining right now is coming from Donald Trump with no justification.

Healthcare workers have something real to complain about--risky working conditions, a lack of protective clothing, no meaningful, coodinated public health protocols we're trying to implement to ensure hospitals and healthcare workers aren't overwhelmed.

Dissing them while the Whiner in Chief is golfing and tweeting and planning parties in a White House decorated for Christmas most Americans won't celebrate with their extended families this year is cold.

What about Trump's behavior and his response to COVID sets a Christlike example. Or do we just not care about that if Trump does it?

If Biden gets to 270, then the long winter he warned about will consist mostly of people like Cinque Katz having to find another boogie man.
Booray
Carlos Safety said:

J.B.Katz said:

Jacques Strap said:

If Biden gets to 270, then the long winter he warned about will consist mostly of people like Cinque Katz having to find another boogie man.
LMAO.
Porteroso
Bearitto said:

Libertarian behavior...leave me alone and I leave you alone. Mind your own god damned business you petty leftist tyrants and lock your own fatasses down into your own cellars because you are scared of catching a cold.
Libertarians often put principles above morality, which gets them into a bit of trouble. You go ahead and have your ideal of "eff old people," and the rest of us will be shaking our heads.
Wrecks Quan Dough
Porteroso said:

Bearitto said:

Libertarian behavior...leave me alone and I leave you alone. Mind your own god damned business you petty leftist tyrants and lock your own fatasses down into your own cellars because you are scared of catching a cold.
Libertarians often put principles above morality, which gets them into a bit of trouble. You go ahead and have your ideal of "eff old people," and the rest of us will be shaking our heads.

Isn't eff old people the motto of the Office of the NYS Governor? Isn't that same office responsible for some of the more extreme restrictions? Seems to me you can love personal liberty and the elderly at the same time and you can also hate personal liberty and the elderly at the same time.
Porteroso
Carlos Safety said:

Porteroso said:

Bearitto said:

Isn't eff old people the motto of the Office of the NYS Governor? Isn't that same office responsible for some of the more extreme restrictions? Seems to me you can love personal liberty and the elderly at the same time and you can also hate personal liberty and the elderly at the same time.
I agree. And what NY state did, sending the elderly back into nursing homes with covid, made them into a death trap.

No one political party has a monopoly on being ridiculous or stupid.
Wrecks Quan Dough
Porteroso said:

Carlos Safety said:

Porteroso said:

Bearitto said:

I agree. And what NY state did, sending the elderly back into nursing homes with covid, made them into a death trap.

No one political party has a monopoly on being ridiculous or stupid.
Ain't that right.
Florda_mike
J.B.Katz said:

Jacques Strap said:

Are you and Texas Scientist the same person? Are y'all Cinque socks?
bear2be2
Carlos Safety said:

Sam Lowry said:

Carlos Safety said:

Sam Lowry said:

Carlos Safety said:

Sam Lowry said:

Carlos Safety said:

Bearitto said:

Tell it to the doctors.

They should not comply. It is apparent that the restrictions do not work and our politicians are unthinking, clueless knobs whose primary consideration is how the public perceives them. If their restrictions worked, then the cases would have been controlled. Clearly, Governor Abbott's edicts that keep salt shakers off of restaurant tables is not "slowing the spread" or "flattening the curve." But his edicts are hurting small businesses while making Jeff Bezos and the Walton family richer. The Legislature cannot meet and curb his power and the power of county judges soon enough.
"If restrictions work, the spread would be controlled."
--The Trump right after refusing to comply with the restrictions

"If masks worked, the spread would be controlled."
--The Trump right after refusing to wear masks

The recommendations of the medical and scientific community haven't worked here because we have a large portion of the population that thinks the virus is a hoax and they refuse to follow them. That they fail to acknowledge that they're refusal to comply to has played a significant role in that doesn't make it less true.
ATL Bear
bear2be2 said:

Carlos Safety said:

Sam Lowry said:

Carlos Safety said:

Sam Lowry said:

Carlos Safety said:

Sam Lowry said:

Carlos Safety said:

Bearitto said:

Tell it to the doctors.

The recommendations of the medical and scientific community haven't worked here because we have a large portion of the population that thinks the virus is a hoax and they refuse to follow them. That they fail to acknowledge that they're refusal to comply to has played a significant role in that doesn't make it less true.
Wrong. The virus is spreading with masks. Trying to pin this on people resistant to mask mandates is a farce.
bear2be2
ATL Bear said:

bear2be2 said:

Carlos Safety said:

Sam Lowry said:

Carlos Safety said:

Sam Lowry said:

Carlos Safety said:

Sam Lowry said:

Carlos Safety said:

Bearitto said:

Tell it to the doctors.

Wrong. The virus is spreading with masks. Trying to pin this on people resistant to mask mandates is a farce.
Tell that to people of South Korea, Thailand or Japan, who have been wearing masks for ages. I'm sure it's just a coincidence, though, that those countries have contained this virus and are still in double digits for deaths per million.
ATL Bear
bear2be2 said:

ATL Bear said:

bear2be2 said:

Carlos Safety said:

Sam Lowry said:

Carlos Safety said:

Sam Lowry said:

Carlos Safety said:

Sam Lowry said:

Carlos Safety said:

Bearitto said:

Tell it to the doctors.

Tell that to people of South Korea, Thailand or Japan, who have been wearing masks for ages. I'm sure it's just a coincidence, though, that those countries have contained this virus and are still in double digits for deaths per million.
Sure, I'll tell that to easily access controlled nations that have likely immunities against viruses built up over time, with a very homogenous dna profile populace.

They sheltered, shutdown, isolated, and are winning. That ship sailed for us many months ago.
wuzzybear
I can tell you FIRST HAND masks do not work, unless everybody runs around wearing an N95 mask and even then it's not foolproof. Covid, masks, blah blah blah do not do squat. The only thing that works w/o vaccine is distancing, but Covid is not a big deal. We are all being lied to for political gain. You know it, I know it, the people who know this disease know it. I'm more likely to die from a cold than I am Covid.
Whiskey Pete
ATL Bear said:

bear2be2 said:

Carlos Safety said:

Sam Lowry said:

Carlos Safety said:

Sam Lowry said:

Carlos Safety said:

Sam Lowry said:

Carlos Safety said:

Bearitto said:

Tell it to the doctors.

That's all they have. Well that and "Trump Sucks".

Everywhere I go I see almost everyone wearing a mask - truth.
TexasScientist
Bearitto said:

Sam Lowry said:

Bearitto said:

Porteroso said:

Bearitto said:

Colds don't kill 260,000 and climbing in less than a year. We have almost as many deaths per day as the total deaths in Japan due to our mismanagement.
wuzzybear
TexasScientist said:

Bearitto said:

Sam Lowry said:

Bearitto said:

Porteroso said:

Bearitto said:

Colds don't kill 260,000 and climbing in less than a year. We have almost as many deaths per day as the total deaths in Japan due to our mismanagement.
That is because you are believing what you are hearing in the media. Covid is listed as the cause of death when it is NOT. Doctors are being paid to list cause of death as Covid when it could be a secondary disease. This is just washing people out and scaring the hell out of people for political gain. So your 260K are probably about 1000 or less. it's comorbidity that is the REAL cause of death. Educate yourself my friend. The whole world is being deceived so they can vaccinate you and inside the vaccine are nanocubes which grow and are programmable. DO NOT GET VACCINATED UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES !!!!
Wrecks Quan Dough
TexasScientist said:

Bearitto said:

Sam Lowry said:

Bearitto said:

Porteroso said:

Bearitto said:

Colds also don't cure the flu, cinque.
Bearitto
Porteroso said:

Bearitto said:

Tyrants always claim their whims are for the greater good. They aren't. Your leftists whims are about power. It's why people like you are evil.
bear2be2
ATL Bear said:

bear2be2 said:

ATL Bear said:

bear2be2 said:

Carlos Safety said:

Sam Lowry said:

Carlos Safety said:

Sam Lowry said:

Carlos Safety said:

Sam Lowry said:

Carlos Safety said:

Bearitto said:

Tell it to the doctors.

Sure, I'll tell that to easily access controlled nations that have likely immunities against viruses built up over time, with a very homogenous dna profile populace.

They sheltered, shutdown, isolated, and are winning. That ship sailed for us many months ago.
What they didn't do is complain about all containment measures, refuse to comply with them and then claim after the fact that they don't work. We did. That's why we're in the situation we're in.
quash
Porteroso said:

Bearitto said:

Often? Cite two examples, should be easy...
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.