Sarah Fuller becomes the first woman to play in a Power 5 college football game.

21,735 Views | 391 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Florda_mike
Waco1947
How long do you want to ignore this user?
She kicked an extra point. PAT
Waco1947
quash
Waco1947 said:

When you and I were kids a place kicker was pretty specialized. (Heck, when you and I were kids they kicked straight on.)

Today's kids have more experience playing soccer. As soccer values speed there are probably a couple of WR, RB, S, CB on the roster who could take four days of practice and kick a PAT.

Again, the story should have been more 12th Man style with a student stepping up to help the team in a pinch.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Forest Bueller_bf
quash said:

Waco1947 said:

When you and I were kids a place kicker was pretty specialized. (Heck, when you and I were kids they kicked straight on.)

Today's kids have more experience playing soccer. As soccer values speed there are probably a couple of WR, RB, S, CB on the roster who could take four days of practice and kick a PAT.

Again, the story should have been more 12th Man style with a student stepping up to help the team in a pinch.
DL's have lots of speed and explosion, one of them also could have filled in. One of the funnest kickers I've ever seen in HS was at Paul Pewitt about 15-20 years ago or so. He was also an All-State lineman at 6'2" or so and about 360 lbs.

One kickoff, of course in HS it from the 40, he hit the crossbars on the fly. He never kicked in College of course, he had raw talent, but it was raw. He probably went to SFA or somewhere as a Lineman. He was a good Lineman, but not top level. At the D1 P5 level those guys are something else. They have the explosion to kick very well.
SIC EM 94
Well, looks like she is transferring to UNT to play soccer now.

https://247sports.com/college/baylor/Article/Sarah-Fuller-transfers-to-North-Texas-continues-soccer-career-Vanderbilt-Commodores--157182174/?fbclid=IwAR0Hvz7pGGiCY6BLl8kac7WeeAn1HpN4KSHBCYrxoX_XF3m7JeqfY676o9Y
TexasScientist
She can kick for the Mean Green now.
“It is impossible to get a man to understand something if his livelihood depends on him not understanding.” ~ Upton Sinclair
Jack Bauer
TexasScientist said:

They already had a female kicker..it was glorious.

Bearitto
Jack Bauer said:

TexasScientist said:

The movie version was actually more realistic than real life...and SOOOOO much hotter.
Mr. Bearitto was banned by the cowardly site owners because he stated that U.S. battleships should not be named after weak victims like Emmett Till, like Robby suggested. Apparently the site owners want a ship named in their honor some day. ;)
Florda_mike
Jack Bauer said:

TexasScientist said:

That could change a real man's mind on female kickers

Football is dead

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.