Adam Toledo

17,675 Views | 241 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Mothra
quash
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SIC EM 94 said:

BellCountyBear said:

Porteroso said:

fadskier said:

Porteroso said:

SIC EM 94 said:

Amy Pagitt said:

WHY DOES IT MATTER?! He turned around with his hands up, and THEN he was shot. Good grief, will none of you ever just say "THIS WAS WRONG. POLICE ARE NOT JUDGES AND JURIES. THERE IS A PROBLEM, AND WE SHOULD *ALL* WANT TO FIX IT." I promise it won't turn you into a lib just to admit that there are some really terrible police officers and the first sensible thing would be for their bad behavior to stop being covered up and explained away. SHEESH.

Why are you trying to explain away someone shooting a gun and running from the police? I promise it won't turn you into a conservative to admit this is a recipe for a disaster where nobody wins. You think that cop wanted to be put in a situation where he killed a kid?

Aren't you trying to explain away the cop killing a kid? Seems there's nothing to explain, the cop killed a kid with his hands up. Why are you so intent on coming to the cop's rescue? A little white knight action?
How many videos of it are out there? The video I watched shows him shooting as the teen was turning around. I assumed he was turning to shoot....
I bet we watched the same video. So if cops can say they assumed they were going to get shot, when the fact is that the person didn't have a gun on them at the time, they get a pass?

It's a really hard situation, and even if it's not right, or if the cop should have checked to see if there was a gun in the kid's hand, before, I don't know, killing him... the cop wasn't in a good position to be calm, patient, and make good decisions. I just can't stand the radical conservatives on the board bringing up being outside, the kid ran, as if that should make it more likely to die. So ignorant.
The kid was shooting at random cars driving by. How would you feel if he had hit and killed someone? The kid and the world is better off with him dead.

No, the kid and the world is NOT better off with him dead. The kid and the world would be better off if city leaders and the community would stop painting the police as murderers, and start blaming those responsible for not giving this kid a chance to lead a positive and productive life!

Still looking for anything that says A. T. fired a gun.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
SIC EM 94
quash said:

SIC EM 94 said:

BellCountyBear said:

Porteroso said:

fadskier said:

Porteroso said:

SIC EM 94 said:

Amy Pagitt said:

WHY DOES IT MATTER?! He turned around with his hands up, and THEN he was shot. Good grief, will none of you ever just say "THIS WAS WRONG. POLICE ARE NOT JUDGES AND JURIES. THERE IS A PROBLEM, AND WE SHOULD *ALL* WANT TO FIX IT." I promise it won't turn you into a lib just to admit that there are some really terrible police officers and the first sensible thing would be for their bad behavior to stop being covered up and explained away. SHEESH.

Why are you trying to explain away someone shooting a gun and running from the police? I promise it won't turn you into a conservative to admit this is a recipe for a disaster where nobody wins. You think that cop wanted to be put in a situation where he killed a kid?

Aren't you trying to explain away the cop killing a kid? Seems there's nothing to explain, the cop killed a kid with his hands up. Why are you so intent on coming to the cop's rescue? A little white knight action?
How many videos of it are out there? The video I watched shows him shooting as the teen was turning around. I assumed he was turning to shoot....
I bet we watched the same video. So if cops can say they assumed they were going to get shot, when the fact is that the person didn't have a gun on them at the time, they get a pass?

It's a really hard situation, and even if it's not right, or if the cop should have checked to see if there was a gun in the kid's hand, before, I don't know, killing him... the cop wasn't in a good position to be calm, patient, and make good decisions. I just can't stand the radical conservatives on the board bringing up being outside, the kid ran, as if that should make it more likely to die. So ignorant.
The kid was shooting at random cars driving by. How would you feel if he had hit and killed someone? The kid and the world is better off with him dead.

No, the kid and the world is NOT better off with him dead. The kid and the world would be better off if city leaders and the community would stop painting the police as murderers, and start blaming those responsible for not giving this kid a chance to lead a positive and productive life!

Well, we know he had gun shot residue on his hands, and that he was holding a gun up until the split second the officer shot shot him. What bar are you trying to set with firing AT firing a gun? Nobody is claiming he fired shots at the officer.
quash
SIC EM 94 said:

quash said:

SIC EM 94 said:

BellCountyBear said:

Porteroso said:

fadskier said:

Porteroso said:

SIC EM 94 said:

Amy Pagitt said:

Well, we know he had gun shot residue on his hands, and that he was holding a gun up until the split second the officer shot shot him. What bar are you trying to set with firing AT firing a gun? Nobody is claiming he fired shots at the officer.

You brought it up not me, that's why I asked. I hadn't heard about the gun residue.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Canon
GShack said:

BearN said:

And once again, this person is making up quotes, taking screenshots off this message board, and based on the comments, doing her best to make sure some Baylor fans will never be members on this site.

Jinx in the comments

Skimmed the thread and it makes one wonder: At which drag queen story hour did that group of people first meet one another? Were they all wearing their custom knitted pink p***y hats at the time? Do the men in the thread accuse themselves of mansplaining or do they ask the (identify as) women to do it for them? When only on line, do they still snap their approval and yell out 'SLAY QUEEN!!!' at the appropriate screen name? So many questions.
saykay
Canon said:

GShack said:

BearN said:

And once again, this person is making up quotes, taking screenshots off this message board, and based on the comments, doing her best to make sure some Baylor fans will never be members on this site.

Jinx in the comments

Skimmed the thread and it makes one wonder: At which drag queen story hour did that group of people first meet one another? Were they all wearing their custom knitted pink p***y hats at the time? Do the men in the thread accuse themselves of mansplaining or do they ask the (identify as) women to do it for them? When only on line, do they still snap their approval and yell out 'SLAY QUEEN!!!' at the appropriate screen name? So many questions.

This one will be a post-sober delete for sure. Only a question of how long it takes you, or if the mods get there first.

But if not, pretty cool to know the P word is now fair game on the free boards. I think it's safe to say we're finally as fast & loose as the public schools... you guys can go to Sunday School tomorrow with a little extra swag in your step.
~Regretfully Yours, The Pronoun Lady~
SIC EM 94
saykay said:

Canon said:

GShack said:

BearN said:

Jinx in the comments

This one will be a post-sober delete for sure. Only a question of how long it takes you, or if the mods get there first.

But if not, pretty cool to know the P word is now fair game on the free boards. I think it's safe to say we're finally as fast & loose as the public schools... you guys can go to Sunday School tomorrow with a little extra swag in your step.

There's a reason it's called "Sunday School" and it's not because it's on Saturday...it's because it's held on Sunday.
quash
saykay said:

Canon said:

GShack said:

BearN said:

Jinx in the comments

Why in the world would the mods take that down?

You're in the sandbox, a lot of things are fair ****ing game.
LIB,MR BEARS
quash said:

saykay said:

Canon said:

GShack said:

BearN said:

Jinx in the comments

Not in the eyes of the cancel culture. If they don't agree, it should come down.
ATL Bear
quash said:

saykay said:

Canon said:

GShack said:

BearN said:

Jinx in the comments

Quash's libertarian cred has been on a major upswing as of late. I know he'll say it's always been there, but he's got bullets in the clip for those who start taking shots at him on it.
quash
LIB,MR BEARS said:

quash said:

saykay said:

Canon said:

GShack said:

BearN said:

Jinx in the comments

Not in the eyes of the cancel culture. If they don't agree, it should come down.

Cancel culture is bipartisan, always has been.
Oldbear83
quash said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

quash said:

saykay said:

Canon said:

GShack said:

BearN said:

Jinx in the comments

Keep telling yourself it's the same on each side, if it helps you sleep at night.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
BusyTarpDuster2017
Amy Pagitt said:

It's sooo sad that you think the only time a cop can be considered innocent is when he is the one who gets killed.
Canon
quash said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

quash said:

saykay said:

Canon said:

GShack said:

BearN said:

Jinx in the comments

You seem to think Hester Prynne was partisan and Alger Hiss wasn't guilty of treason. If you want to claim it's bipartisan, you should really make sure you are defining it correctly. The closest we have seen to cancel culture today is probably Hester Prynne. If you want to point to Alger Hiss et al, then you will want to ask about legality of the actions that caused their personal troubles.

Whataboutism is only whataboutism if the context is the same.
saykay
Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

quash said:

saykay said:

Canon said:

GShack said:

BearN said:

Jinx in the comments

Keep telling yourself it's the same on each side, if it helps you sleep at night.

LOL what on earth is so upsetting about someone saying something is bipartisan... You guys need to get a massage or something & simmer down.
SIC EM 94
saykay said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

quash said:

saykay said:

Canon said:

GShack said:

BearN said:

Jinx in the comments

LOL what on earth is so upsetting about someone saying something is bipartisan... You guys need to get a massage or something & simmer down.

You think cancel culture is bipartisan? If so, can you provide a few examples?
saykay
SIC EM 94 said:

saykay said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

quash said:

saykay said:

Canon said:

GShack said:

BearN said:

Jinx in the comments

I didn't say that, as I for once don't think much of anything on this topic, other than the fact you are triggered by the suggestion it is. It's entertaining. Continue your rant, sir.
SIC EM 94
saykay said:

SIC EM 94 said:

saykay said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

quash said:

saykay said:

Canon said:

GShack said:

BearN said:

Jinx in the comments

I didn't say that, as I for once don't think much of anything on this topic, other than the fact you are triggered by the suggestion it is. It's entertaining. Continue your rant, sir.

Hardly a rant, but your post speaks volumes.
Canon
SIC EM 94 said:

saykay said:

SIC EM 94 said:

saykay said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

quash said:

saykay said:

Canon said:

GShack said:

BearN said:

Jinx in the comments

Hardly a rant, but your post speaks volumes.
It's difficult to imagine a basketball player who hasn't thought much about basketball or a knitter who hasn't thought much about knitting or someone so deeply tied to cancel culture who hasn't thought about that too. I suppose if you know it's not really bipartisan today, you are probably loath to have to come up with examples of how it might be.
LIB,MR BEARS
saykay said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

quash said:

saykay said:

Canon said:

GShack said:

BearN said:

Jinx in the comments

are you okay? 25 words!
Canon
LIB,MR BEARS said:

saykay said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

quash said:

saykay said:

Canon said:

GShack said:

BearN said:

Jinx in the comments

are you okay? 25 words!
It's probably frowned upon to text, etc in the middle of DSA committee meetings...kind of like church for Christians.
saykay
LIB,MR BEARS said:

saykay said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

quash said:

saykay said:

Canon said:

GShack said:

BearN said:

Jinx in the comments

are you okay? 25 words!

Sober saykay is like the crouton without the salad. Who knew?
Whiskey Pete
quash said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

quash said:

saykay said:

Canon said:

GShack said:

BearN said:

Jinx in the comments

I'm completely shocked you actually said something that I agree with. My first blue star for you.
Whiskey Pete
Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

quash said:

saykay said:

Canon said:

GShack said:

BearN said:

Jinx in the comments

It's more radicalized from the leftists mob, that's for sure. They also take it to the extreme more so than the right.... but it does exist on both sides. Dixie Chicks come to mind....

But the left.... no doubt they are more triggered over it than the right. seems like they want to cancel everything for everything.
Porteroso
LIB,MR BEARS said:

Porteroso said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Porteroso said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Why is a seventh grader in an alley in Chicago at 2:30 a.m. in the morning? Where the **ck were his parents?

Didn't take long before someone says the kid got killed for.... Being outside. Keep your nanny state to yourselves, you radical conservatives. Hilarious.
I'm seeing the same post you are and I see a question where you see a statement. Odd
It's not hard to frame judginess as a question. Why are you so stupid? Why were you outside?
I see your point. Kind of like asking "why was he shooting at cars" assumes he's guilty of firing at cars.

What factor do you suppose carried more weight in the officer shooting, being outside or running with a gun?

I think you've entirely lost the thread of my posts, which were in response to someone who implied he got shot for being outside so late. I was making fun of that...
Whiskey Pete
Porteroso said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Porteroso said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Porteroso said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Why is a seventh grader in an alley in Chicago at 2:30 a.m. in the morning? Where the **ck were his parents?

Didn't take long before someone says the kid got killed for.... Being outside. Keep your nanny state to yourselves, you radical conservatives. Hilarious.
I'm seeing the same post you are and I see a question where you see a statement. Odd
It's not hard to frame judginess as a question. Why are you so stupid? Why were you outside?
I see your point. Kind of like asking "why was he shooting at cars" assumes he's guilty of firing at cars.

What factor do you suppose carried more weight in the officer shooting, being outside or running with a gun?

I think you've entirely lost the thread of my posts, which were in response to someone who implied he got shot for being outside so late. I was making fun of that...
No, he didn't imply that he got shot for simply being outside. If there's anything to be read into what he said, it's the "why" was he out at 2:30 in the morning... perhaps the why he was outside led to the shooting. Then you could read a little further into his post and surmise that part of the blame belong to the parent's as well.

Sorry, but he didn't suggest that the kid got shot for simply being outside, dumbass.
J.B.Katz
quash said:

saykay said:

Canon said:

GShack said:

BearN said:

Jinx in the comments

True that sexism, misogyny and homophobia are hallmarks of posts on this board, including the junior high strategy of accusing people of being gay like grade school kids howling that someone has cooties.

Also true that any optimism about the mods cracking down on incivility and crudeness is unwarranted.

That begs the question of why Bubbadog was banned since nothing he ever posted came anywhere close to the Golem level of mean snark.
LIB,MR BEARS
Porteroso said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Porteroso said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Porteroso said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

they didn't say he got shot for being outside. They questioned why and at that time of night. Pick your nits more carefully next time.
LIB,MR BEARS
John Wilkes Booth was inside
Lee Harvey Oswald was inside
Sirhan Sirhan was inside
AT was outside

It seems the common thread is not indoors or outdoors but, ...shooting.
Porteroso
LIB,MR BEARS said:

Porteroso said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Porteroso said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Porteroso said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

they didn't say he got shot for being outside. They questioned why and at that time of night. Pick your nits more carefully next time.

Being outside at any hour should have no bearing on being killed by cops. There is a reasonable discussion to be had on the why he's dead, and it doesn't include either. It's worth addressing these red herrings, because conservative radicals are known to say things like "shouldn't have been outside at that time of night, you should know you might get killed by a cop."
LIB,MR BEARS
Porteroso said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Porteroso said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Porteroso said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Porteroso said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Being outside at any hour should have no bearing on being killed by cops. There is a reasonable discussion to be had on the why he's dead, and it doesn't include either. It's worth addressing these red herrings, because conservative radicals are known to say things like "shouldn't have been outside at that time of night, you should know you might get killed by a cop."
context is not your strength.
Whiskey Pete
LIB,MR BEARS said:

Porteroso said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Porteroso said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Porteroso said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Porteroso said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

context is not your strength.
Neither is comprehension. He reads one thing and hears another
TexasScientist
LRA Bear said:

So what did this 13 year old child do to deserve to be murdered by the police? I'm sure all of the experts here have some very reasonable thoughts on the matter.
He wasn't "murdered" by the police, and he didn't "deserve" to be murdered. Running from the police at that hour, while carrying a firearm, should not surprise anyone of the unfortunate outcome that he was shot and killed.
Sam Lowry
quash said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

quash said:

saykay said:

Canon said:

GShack said:

BearN said:

Jinx in the comments

Boycotting is bipartisan. Canceling is a different thing.
Sam Lowry
quash said:

SIC EM 94 said:

BellCountyBear said:

Porteroso said:

fadskier said:

Porteroso said:

SIC EM 94 said:

Amy Pagitt said:

He was with a friend who was caught firing a gun on a church security cam. It's unclear whether AT fired, but I don't think it matters; the cop couldn't have known anyway. All he knew was that shots were fired within a minute or two of his confronting the boy. Looks likely that he'll be found justified.
ShooterTX
Rawhide said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

quash said:

saykay said:

Canon said:

GShack said:

BearN said:

Jinx in the comments

It's more radicalized from the leftists mob, that's for sure. They also take it to the extreme more so than the right.... but it does exist on both sides. Dixie Chicks come to mind....

But the left.... no doubt they are more triggered over it than the right. seems like they want to cancel everything for everything.

I think this is a bad example. All that happened to the Dixie Chicks is that their fans stopped buying their albums or attending their concerts. The Chicks were dumb enough to attack their own fan base, and they paid the price. BTW, i think i heard that the Dixie Chicks have come out with more albums and are making money again... so not really the same as the left. The left destroys people to the level that they can never recover.

The left goes after ordinary citizens... which i have not seen happen on the right.

Example: in a leftist cancel culture situation, the Dixie Chicks would have lost their jobs, sponsors, been sued for everything they own.. and then any normal person who continued to be a fan of their music would have had the same attacks. I don't recall fans of the Dixie Chicks being "doxed" and losing their jobs, money, future, etc. This is why so many people who may have conservative views, will not talk about it openly. This is why there are surveys showing that conservatives afraid to speak openly, while liberals don't have those fears.

https://www.cato.org/survey-reports/poll-62-americans-say-they-have-political-views-theyre-afraid-share#introduction
ShooterTX

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.