Chauvin found guilty on all counts

10,082 Views | 180 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by quash
cms186
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Mothra said:

robby44 said:

Interesting I didn't see comments about cops resigning and folks demonizing cops when Capitol Police officer Brian Sicknick was killed and the Capitol police were injured on January 6.

We talking about the guy who died from a stroke?

I think the jury got this one right. I'm just surprised we haven't seen the same level of fervor aimed at the black cop who killed Ashley Babitt, the unarmed white woman who tried to climb through a window at the capitol. Hell we don't even know the police officers name.

Seems her color and political affiliations made her death justified.
in the opinion of the coroner, the events of the Capitol played a role in the Police Officer suffering a stroke

I thought you guys approved of people getting killed by Cops whilst engaged in Criminal activity?
I'm the English Guy
sombear
cms186 said:

Mothra said:

robby44 said:

Interesting I didn't see comments about cops resigning and folks demonizing cops when Capitol Police officer Brian Sicknick was killed and the Capitol police were injured on January 6.

I think the jury got this one right. I'm just surprised we haven't seen the same level of fervor aimed at the black cop who killed Ashley Babitt, the unarmed white woman who tried to climb through a window at the capitol. Hell we don't even know the police officers name.

in the opinion of the coroner, the events of the Capitol played a role in the Police Officer suffering a stroke

I thought you guys approved of people getting killed by Cops whilst engaged in Criminal activity?
I don't think that's a fair representation. Perhaps "killed by cops when the cop's safety/life is threatened." I don't know enough about the Babitt matter because so much news from that fiasco of a riot has been wrong. But I have to say I'm surprised there weren't more shootings. Some of those idiots were no doubt threatening cops, who were badly outnumbered.
Oldbear83
robby44 said:

What's biased about the words armed and unarmed?
the word "murdered" is a problem
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
sombear
cms186 said:

BellCountyBear said:

Dubbicans said:

This is the right verdict, and remember: Chauvin was a piece of **** cop long before he killed George Floyd
And George Floyd was a piece of **** human. So does this make you feel better?
last time I checked, being a petty criminal doesnt mean you lose your right to life, I thought your people thought life was sacred? or does that not apply once you commit a crime or make some mistakes in life?
Chauvin is a murderer, and there was no excuse. But don't spin things. It's wrong and unnecessary. Floyd was not a petty criminal. He did 5 years for armed and aggravated robbery that included placing the tip of his gun in a woman's abdomen. He also physically resisted arrest. He also was arrested for criminal trespassing, which is usually a plead down from a home invasion/robbery charge. And, yes, a number of cocaine-related convictions which some consider petty.
ATL Bear
robby44 said:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ExNmKtnW8Ac8W9F?format=jpg&name=large
Selective use of perpetrators and victims intended to grab a reaction.
ImwithBU
BellCountyBear said:

Dubbicans said:

This is the right verdict, and remember: Chauvin was a piece of **** cop long before he killed George Floyd

Get out of your feelings. Chauvin had 18 misconduct complaints. This Does not mean he doesn't deserve to work. He just can't be in law enforcement. Being a cop is a privilege not a right. He is the example people point to when mentioning reform. All the smoke was there and they waited until he MURDERED some before they thought it was a fire
ImwithBU
ImwithBU
sombear said:

cms186 said:

BellCountyBear said:

Dubbicans said:

last time I checked, being a petty criminal doesnt mean you lose your right to life, I thought your people thought life was sacred? or does that not apply once you commit a crime or make some mistakes in life?
Chauvin is a murderer, and there was no excuse. But don't spin things. It's wrong and unnecessary. Floyd was not a petty criminal. He did 5 years for armed and aggravated robbery that included placing the tip of his gun in a woman's abdomen. He also physically resisted arrest. He also was arrested for criminal trespassing, which is usually a plead down from a home invasion/robbery charge. And, yes, a number of cocaine-related convictions which some consider petty.

So he did his time for his crime and that wasn't enough for you. Thanks for letting us know
cms186
sombear said:

cms186 said:

BellCountyBear said:

Dubbicans said:

nothing youve said there is grounds for killing him, maybe "petty criminal" is over generous, but even so, my point stands
I'm the English Guy
quash
Mothra said:

quash said:

Mothra said:

Oh, and I forgot to add that buildings and businesses are looted and destroyed in "peaceful" protests.
Why would you add that? I consistently distinguish between looting and protesting, so what point are you trying to make, if any, with that remark?
Are you truly ignorant of the narrative in the media and on the Left that has attempted to characterize last years riots as "peaceful protests?"

Hmmm.
I know that people like you refused to make the distinction.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
sombear
ImwithBU said:

sombear said:

cms186 said:

BellCountyBear said:

Dubbicans said:

So he did his time for his crime and that wasn't enough for you. Thanks for letting us know
That was enough for me, but let's all be honest in discussing this. But his time obviously wasn't enough for him, as he continued with crime and physically resisted arrest and cost him his life.
sombear
cms186 said:

sombear said:

cms186 said:

BellCountyBear said:

Dubbicans said:

nothing youve said there is grounds for killing him, maybe "petty criminal" is over generous, but even so, my point stands
Never said it was grounds for killing him. Definitely not. And you still can't be honest. You weren't overly generous, you were wrong.
Mothra
cms186 said:

Mothra said:

robby44 said:

The D.C.'s Office of the Chief Medical Examiner stated that Sicknick's cause of death was "acute brainstem and cerebellar infarcts due to acute basilar artery thrombosis," and the manner of death was "natural," not a homicide. It also stated that no chemical agent played a role in the stroke.

That being the case, I am not sure what role the coroner believes the "events" played in his death. Where did he offer that opinion?

I am also not sure who "you guys" means, but I've never approved of people getting killed by cops merely because they were engaged in criminal activity. It depends on the activity. If you are trying to kill a cop or someone else, yes, you deserve to be killed. That seems elementary.
ImwithBU
sombear said:

ImwithBU said:

sombear said:

cms186 said:

BellCountyBear said:

Dubbicans said:

That was enough for me, but let's all be honest in discussing this. But his time obviously wasn't enough for him, as he continued with crime and physically resisted arrest and cost him his life.

Nope some deciding to kneel on his neck for 9 minutes is what cost him his life. Chauvin has just as many problems as Floyd, he just hid behind his badge and used a broken system to shield him from prosecution. Guy had over 18 allegations. No reason for him to still have a badge.

Both had their problems, only one is a murderer
Mothra
quash said:

Mothra said:

quash said:

Mothra said:

Oh, and I forgot to add that buildings and businesses are looted and destroyed in "peaceful" protests.
Why would you add that? I consistently distinguish between looting and protesting, so what point are you trying to make, if any, with that remark?
Are you truly ignorant of the narrative in the media and on the Left that has attempted to characterize last years riots as "peaceful protests?"

Hmmm.
While people like you were sure to conflate the two.
cms186
Mothra said:

cms186 said:

Mothra said:

robby44 said:

The D.C.'s Office of the Chief Medical Examiner stated that Sicknick's cause of death was "acute brainstem and cerebellar infarcts due to acute basilar artery thrombosis," and the manner of death was "natural," not a homicide. It also stated that no chemical agent played a role in the stroke.

That being the case, I am not sure what role the coroner believes the "events" played in his death. Where did he offer that opinion?

I am also not sure who "you guys" means, but I've never approved of people getting killed by cops merely because they were engaged in criminal activity. It depends on the activity. If you are trying to kill a cop or someone else, yes, you deserve to be killed. That seems elementary.

"All that transpired played a role in his condition," Diaz told the newspaper.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/capitol-police-officer-brian-sicknick-died-natural-causes-after-riot-n1264562
I'm the English Guy
Mothra
cms186 said:

Mothra said:

cms186 said:

Mothra said:

robby44 said:

"All that transpired played a role in his condition," Diaz told the newspaper.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/capitol-police-officer-brian-sicknick-died-natural-causes-after-riot-n1264562
Meh. If you can't call it a homicide - and I suspect they tried very hard to call it that - I don't put a lot of stock in such non-scientific opinions.

It of course doesn't make what happened on the 6th any less excusable or disgusting, but this was not murder.
Doc Holliday
Mothra said:

cms186 said:

Mothra said:

robby44 said:

He's trying to demonize you bro
Forest Bueller_bf
Jack Bauer said:

What kind of piece of **** human being would take this moment to go into a long winded political speech about the military and health care.

The first sentence is where it should have ended. Justice would be George Floyd still alive.
quash
Mothra said:

quash said:

Mothra said:

quash said:

Mothra said:

Hmmm.

Bull**** and you know it. I was scrupulous all summer to make this distinction
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
robby44
ATL Bear said:

robby44 said:

Doesn't mean it didn't happen
Sam Lowry
Jack Bauer said:

Angriest I've ever seen her, and I don't think I've ever seen her when she wasn't angry. These folks are unappeasable.
Forest Bueller_bf
Sam Lowry said:

Jack Bauer said:

Angriest I've ever seen her, and I don't think I've ever seen her when she wasn't angry. These folks are unappeasable.
I think she is an opportunist more than anything and has figured out how to keep the money flowing in.

Perpetual anger keeps it coming.
ATL Bear
robby44 said:

ATL Bear said:

robby44 said:

What are you saying happened? Only white armed perpetrators are taken in without violence? That only blacks are killed unarmed? What is it you want to say "happened"? If I created an image matrix of unarmed whites killed by police and mug shots from armed blacks apprehended by police, what am I implying "happened"?
robby44
ATL Bear said:

robby44 said:

ATL Bear said:

robby44 said:

What are you saying happened? Only white armed perpetrators are taken in without violence? That only blacks are killed unarmed? What is it you want to say "happened"? If I created an image matrix of unarmed whites killed by police and mug shots from armed blacks apprehended by police, what am I implying "happened"?

There was a group of armed people who were arrested and there was a group of unarmed people who were killed. It doesn't say only whites or only blacks. It's the particular group shown in the photo
sombear
ImwithBU said:

sombear said:

ImwithBU said:

sombear said:

cms186 said:

BellCountyBear said:

Dubbicans said:

Nope some deciding to kneel on his neck for 9 minutes is what cost him his life. Chauvin has just as many problems as Floyd, he just hid behind his badge and used a broken system to shield him from prosecution. Guy had over 18 allegations. No reason for him to still have a badge.

Both had their problems, only one is a murderer
Chauvin is worse in my view, which is why I've called him a murder from day 1 when I first watched the video. But the fact is Floyd was a menace and gave the murderer the opportunity. If he had not been drugged out, used counterfeit $, or most importantly, fought the cops, he'd be alive today. There's not always a right and wrong and a good guy and a bad guy. Here, there were two bads and two wrongs. One lost his life because of it, and the other will be put away for a long time.
Canada2017
Sam Lowry said:

Jack Bauer said:

Disagree. The gal is steadily improving her game.

Her message of 'us' vs 'them' appeals to a lot of debt loaded, chemical addicted folks.
Forest Bueller_bf
Canada2017 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Jack Bauer said:

Disagree. The gal is steadily improving her game.

Her message of 'us' vs 'them' appeals to a lot of debt loaded, chemical addicted folks.
Yes true, and it also generates a bunch of donations and other $$$
ATL Bear
robby44 said:

ATL Bear said:

robby44 said:

ATL Bear said:

robby44 said:

There was a group of armed people who were arrested and there was a group of unarmed people who were killed. It doesn't say only whites or only blacks. It's the particular group shown in the photo
So the fact that all the armed photos being whites and unarmed being blacks wasn't relevant to the message? What does Dylan Roof have to do with George Floyd? These are the false equivalencies and inflammatory BS that fuels the unnecessary divide. And yes, all sides are guilty,
Baylor3216
ATL Bear said:

robby44 said:

ATL Bear said:

robby44 said:

ATL Bear said:

robby44 said:

So the fact that all the armed photos being whites and unarmed being blacks wasn't relevant to the message? What does Dylan Roof have to do with George Floyd? These are the false equivalencies and inflammatory BS that fuels the unnecessary divide. And yes, all sides are guilty,

Agreed. The question is which team (yeah they trying to divide us into separate teams) actually gets hurt the most by this? I suspect it's not the one they want to suggest they are most punishing.

Of course we can say we all get hurt by this, but if we really dig in on it. Interesting.
Mothra
quash said:

Mothra said:

quash said:

Mothra said:

quash said:

Mothra said:

Hmmm.

What I recall was you constantly pointing out how peaceful the demonstrations were anytime someone pointed out the overwhelming amount of violence and destruction. You barely acknowledged it.
quash
Mothra said:

quash said:

Mothra said:

quash said:

Mothra said:

quash said:

Mothra said:

Hmmm.

What I recall was you constantly pointing out how peaceful the demonstrations were anytime someone pointed out the overwhelming amount of violence and destruction. You barely acknowledged it.

Oh, I'm sorry, did my attempt to point out that peaceful demonstrations were actually taking place diminish the overwhelming number of posts about looting? I'm sure the few times I focused on the looting contributed almost nothing to the dialogue. Wait, monologue.

Here's a clue: I don't have to meet your standard of concern for looting when you don't even make one attempt to acknowledge the protests that were peaceful. Hypocrisy much? Geez.
Mothra
I've never suggested much less stated that some of the protests weren't peaceful. You may want to read a little closer next time.

It's obvious some of the protestors were peaceful. It remains odd you felt the need to constantly point it out.
quash
Mothra said:

I've never suggested much less stated that some of the protests weren't peaceful. You may want to read a little closer next time.

It's obvious some of the protestors were peaceful. It remains odd you felt the need to constantly point it out.
Odd? Are you kidding me? You may want to read a little closer.
quash
Canada2017 said:

J.B.Katz said:

Buddha Bear said:

Now that the perpetrator has been found guilty it will be interesting to see how the other 2 officers trials play out.

I don't necessarily believe the other 2 officers are guilty of anything, given it was their first week on the job. Will need to watch the trial to better understand. One of the officers even questioned Chauvin's actions, and Chauvin shut him down.

Kind of difficult for a cop to go against his superior officers instructions when it's their first week on the job. We'll really see if our system works as well as some thinks it does in the coming months.

A year and I still can't fathom what was going on in the man's head while he snuffed the life out of another man with his body. That's some sickass power trip. Since he pled the 5th we'll never know.
95% of the posters here wanted prison time for this rogue cop.

However jinxy if would be nice if you showed this same kind of outrage when cops are killed, children slaughtered by gangbangers , or an elderly white couple is murdered in a cemetery by a black guy.

But you won't of course...you can't.

As you are a full on racist.

I see this point made time and again on this board, whataboutism involving killings of other sorts.

There is no analogous whataboutism in your examples. What Chauvin's conviction represents is different because it is the outlier: a cop convicted of killing a citizen.

When non-LEOs kill somebody we expect the same justice: an arrest and a trial. But when it involves LEOs we often do not get an arrest or trial. That's the difference, and that's why *****ing about one and not the other is not hypocrisy or racism.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.