Chauvin found guilty on all counts

10,064 Views | 180 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by quash
Osodecentx
How long do you want to ignore this user?
FYI
Osodecentx
Chauvin found guilty on all counts of murder and manslaughter in the death of George Floyd

Derek Chauvin was found guilty on all counts of murder and manslaughter on Tuesday afternoon in the death of George Floyd last year.
The former Minneapolis police officer was found guilty of second-degree unintentional murder, third-degree murder and second-degree manslaughter.
The jury's announcement Tuesday ended hours of deliberations that took place as the nation braced for a verdict in the case.
Chauvin, who knelt on Floyd for more than nine minutes on May 25, is now just the second police officer in Minnesota to ever be convicted of murder for an on-duty incident in the state.
When the verdict was announced by the Judge Peter A. Cahill, Chauvin looked on blankly from his chair.
Each murder charge for a person with no criminal history carries a presumptive prison sentence of 12.5 years, according to Minnesota sentencing guidelines. The manslaughter charge for someone without a criminal record carries a presumptive prison sentence of four years.

Sam Lowry
BLM may not recover from this one.
J.B.Katz
Sam Lowry said:

Is that all you have to say?
SIC EM 94
Sam Lowry said:

How so?

Law enforcement in this country will most likely never recover from this one actually.
Doc Holliday
It's too much of a liability to be a cop in this country.
ImwithBU
Sounds like justice to me. He had his day in court and didn't even try to defend his actions
boognish_bear
robby44
Doc Holliday said:

Oh I don't know about that my brother in law, cousin and friend seem to be doing just fine on their respective forces. They haven't unjustly killed anyone so I guess that has something to do with it.
ImwithBU
Doc Holliday said:

Yea if your a crooked cop. Sad that a few ruin it for everyone. Kind of how rapist and a few BOR at Baylor ruined football
Sam Lowry
J.B.Katz said:

Sam Lowry said:

I haven't followed the case closely. It's a sad series of events any way you look at it.
whitetrash
Just as every cop is a criminal
And all the sinners saints
As heads is tails
Just call me Lucifer
'Cause I'm in need of some restraint
Doc Holliday
robby44 said:

Doc Holliday said:

Oh I don't know about that my brother in law, cousin and friend seem to be doing just fine on their respective forces. They haven't unjustly killed anyone so I guess that has something to do with it.
If they have to shoot/kill a non white person under any circumstance, they're now likely to be guilty of murder. it doesn't matter if they're truly justified and did their job properly, all the media has to do is create the prosecution...to hell with reality. I'm not saying that's exactly what happened with Chauvin, but they ignored Floyd's drug use contributing to death and pinned it all on the cop.
Dubbicans
This is the right verdict, and remember: Chauvin was a piece of **** cop long before he killed George Floyd
"merry xmas dick head"

--BealBear
Shakesbear
robby44 said:

Doc Holliday said:

Agreed. Most cops are good, and go about their business of maintaining law and order the right way. The few that think they are above the law are either going to have to straighten up and fly right, or find another job.
Retreat Hell! We just got here! The 2/5
J.B.Katz
Sam Lowry said:

J.B.Katz said:

Sam Lowry said:

I haven't followed the case closely. It's a sad series of events any way you look at it.
Several people, including kids, have been shot by cops since Floyd's death.

Re: the George Floyd case, nobody won. Floyd's dead, a bad cop who shouldn't have been on the street will go to prison, and most Americans have seen a video where a police officer who is supposed to protect and serve is snuffing the life out of a man while bystanders are filming him and begging him to stop.
Booray
Doc Holliday said:

robby44 said:

Doc Holliday said:

If they have to shoot/kill a non white person under any circumstance, they're now likely to be guilty of murder. it doesn't matter if they're truly justified and did their job properly, all the media has to do is create the prosecution...to hell with reality.

This was not a split second decision. There was plenty of input about what he was doing. The man was already handcuffed and presented no threat to anyone else's life or limb.

The only reason to feel sympathy for Chauvin is because he had not realized the rule of law applied to him.
Mitch Blood Green

Doc Holliday
Booray said:

Doc Holliday said:

robby44 said:

Doc Holliday said:

If they have to shoot/kill a non white person under any circumstance, they're now likely to be guilty of murder. it doesn't matter if they're truly justified and did their job properly, all the media has to do is create the prosecution...to hell with reality.

This was not a split second decision. There was plenty of input about what he was doing. The man was already handcuffed and presented no threat to anyone else's life or limb.

The only reason to feel sympathy for Chauvin is because he had not realized the rule of law applied to him.
I don't find him innocent, but I don't find him guilty on all accounts. It was manslaughter, not murder.

He'll be murdered in prison, maybe you'll get even more justice out of that.
boognish_bear
Pelosi getting dragged across Twitter for bungling this all up

Forest Bueller_bf
Shakesbear said:

robby44 said:

Doc Holliday said:

Agreed. Most cops are good, and go about their business of maintaining law and order the right way. The few that think they are above the law are either going to have to straighten up and fly right, or find another job.
This is a good verdict for everybody. Trust me we ALL want officers that know they can't kill you without a very substantial reason.

Don't for a second think that for the almost 500 white guys shot dead by officers each year they are all justified. They aren't highlighted or protested, but I've seen a good number of executions basically.

If all police have to be accountable to do the right thing all the time, that is a good thing.

Again this is a good verdict for black, white, hispanic and any type of person. Chavin was a bully, a punk, and an abusive officer. It finally caught up with him. This was not a one time event. He should have been gone a long time ago.
Forest Bueller_bf
boognish_bear said:

As she should be with her out of touch ass.
bear2be2
boognish_bear said:

Pelosi is a ****ing idiot.

She's the epitome of a rich, white, liberal elite who is so out of touch with the realities of her constituents as to have no human connection whatsoever. They're just pawns in the Hunger Games to her.
fadskier
SIC EM 94 said:

Sam Lowry said:

How so?

Law enforcement in this country will most likely never recover from this one actually.
Actually many, many law enforcement unions came out publicly against Chauvin.
fadskier
J.B.Katz said:

Sam Lowry said:

J.B.Katz said:

Sam Lowry said:

Several people, including kids, have been shot by cops since Floyd's death.

Re: the George Floyd case, nobody won. Floyd's dead, a bad cop who shouldn't have been on the street will go to prison, and most Americans have seen a video where a police officer who is supposed to protect and serve is snuffing the life out of a man while bystanders are filming him and begging him to stop.
I agree and am proud of you for not blaming Trump for this.
boognish_bear
JXL
The jury made the right decision. Not because of the threat of riots spread by idiots like Maxine Waters, but because the evidence pointed to guilt beyond a reasonable doubt.
SIC EM 94
fadskier said:

SIC EM 94 said:

Sam Lowry said:

How so?

I'm not referring to Chauvin...he was guilty and was found guilty. What I'm referring to is the criminals who will be emboldened to resist arrest and violently go after the police.
Canada2017
JXL said:

The jury made the right decision. Not because of the threat of riots spread by idiots like Maxine Waters, but because the evidence pointed to guilt beyond a reasonable doubt.
Jury made the only decision possible. .
Oldbear83
A lot of this was handled badly by a lot of people.

And a lot of bad people are cheering.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
robby44
SIC EM 94 said:

fadskier said:

SIC EM 94 said:

Sam Lowry said:

How so?

I'm not referring to Chauvin...he was guilty and was found guilty. What I'm referring to is the criminals who will be emboldened to resist arrest and violently go after the police.

Then there's no problem. They'll get put down. No problem no charges.
SIC EM 94
robby44 said:

SIC EM 94 said:

fadskier said:

SIC EM 94 said:

Sam Lowry said:

How so?

I hope you truly feel that way. Do you think that BLM and others will agree that there are times when deadly force by LEO is justifiable? Even if the criminal is a person of color?
boognish_bear
boognish_bear said:

robby44
SIC EM 94 said:

robby44 said:

SIC EM 94 said:

fadskier said:

SIC EM 94 said:

Sam Lowry said:

How so?

I hope you truly feel that way. Do you think that BLM and others will agree that there are times when deadly force by LEO is justifiable? Even if the criminal is a person of color?

Doesn't matter what BLM or anyone else thinks. Justifiable means just that person of color or not. There are well defined definitions of what those laws are.
J.B.Katz
Booray said:

Doc Holliday said:

robby44 said:

Doc Holliday said:

Police of all people should understand the rule of law applies to everyone. The expression on Chauvins face while a young woman filmed him and a man pointed out Floyd was fading was damning.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.