USA(that's questionable in this case!) Women's Soccer loses opening match to Sweden 3

14,240 Views | 287 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Florda_mike
Jack Bauer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Forest Bueller_bf said:

They had won 44 in a row, they have to be pretty good.

I don't keep up with any soccer mens or womens, but I would have loved to have been 44-0 in any sport.
Technically, 44 unbeaten (wins and ties).

In women's soccer, there are about 8 decent teams (Sweden, Canada, Germany, France, England, Netherlands, Australia, Japan) - then a BIG dropoff. Most of their 44 wins were not even competitive.

Teams like Jamaica, Argentina, S. Korea, Chile just aren't even in the same tier.

Redbrickbear

Forest Bueller_bf
Jack Bauer said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

I don't keep up with any soccer mens or womens, but I would have loved to have been 44-0 in any sport.

In women's soccer, there are about 8 decent teams (Sweden, Canada, Germany, France, England, Netherlands, Australia, Japan) - then a BIG dropoff. Most of their 44 wins were not even competitive.

Teams like Jamaica, Argentina, S. Korea, Chile just aren't even in the same tier.

Thanks for that info Jack. One of the kids in my sons class plays "select" soccer and her parents go on about her on Facebook like she is this superior athlete, I saw one of the games, when my son wanted to go see her with friends, I thought what the heck. They weren't even athletic for the most part. Each team had one or two what I would even consider an athletic girl. But, this was "elite". I didn't see anything elite about it.
Jack Bauer
Forest Bueller_bf said:

Jack Bauer said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

Thanks for that info Jack. One of the kids in my sons class plays "select" soccer and her parents go on about her on Facebook like she is this superior athlete, I saw one of the games, when my son wanted to go see her with friends, I thought what the heck. They weren't even athletic for the most part. Each team had one or two what I would even consider an athletic girl. But, this was "elite". I didn't see anything elite about it.
I have a daughter who plays select soccer. I enjoy watching girls soccer and yes, even the USWNT.

But I in no way think that woman play at the same level as men do or should get "equal pay".
GShack
Jack Bauer said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

The WBB board would say the USWNT is underachieving.
quash
Jack Bauer said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

And we still have Australia to face in group play.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Jacques Strap
I don't follow this team at all but have to wonder if they selected older players citing "experience" over younger players and the older players have lost a step. The WBB forum had a thread about this issue with the US women's basketball team where some younger quality players were left off the team in favor of older players who are past their peak.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Jacques Strap said:

I don't follow this team at all but have to wonder if they selected older players citing "experience" over younger players and the older players have lost a step. The WBB forum had a thread about this issue with the US women's basketball team where some younger quality players were left off the team in favor of older players who are past their peak.
Get Woke. Go broke. Sometimes evolution is Karma. God is good. Take your BLM warmups and go pad the dog or cat bed for your pets. We are all just mesmerized with your greatness. Please send pics soon!!! Best of luck with your LGBTQEIEIO butts after the Olympics. Go get a real job. You should start with BLM.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Never in my 58 years of life I thought I would find myself cheering for team USA to lose. I am there. These little sniveling thirtysomethings embarrass all of us. They got their spot due to their Wokeness. Not their talent level. They deserve to get their asses kicked! They do not
represent me.

-- Barack Obama
Florda_mike
I'm afraid to think what it'll take to root out the cancer of mentally ill hatred we have in our country of what's made it the best country ever

I'm saddened the USOC has bowed to the commies and allowed us to be losers in the Olympics. I'm deeply saddened

Gayness and BLM and etc BS shouldn't be our priority
quash
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Never in my 58 years of life I thought I would find myself cheering for team USA to lose. I am there. These little sniveling thirtysomethings embarrass all of us. They got their spot due to their Wokeness. Not their talent level. They deserve to get their asses kicked! They do not
represent me.

Which of the Woke would you replace?

And with whom?
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
sombear
Did they kneel during the anthem or just right before kickoff?
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
quash said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

represent me.

Which of the Woke would you replace?

And with whom?

All of them. Anyone that respects and is proud to represent our country. For all I care, it can be a bunch of eighth graders.

-- Barack Obama
Jack Bauer
sombear said:

It's hard to keep up. In the past, most players knelt during the national anthem.

For the game vs Sweden, they actually knelt before kickoff.
Jacques Strap
No soccer thread would be complete without this..

Florda_mike
Jack Bauer said:

sombear said:

It's hard to keep up. In the past, most players knelt during the national anthem.

Picture at start of thread shows they knelt during National anthem
GrowlTowel
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

represent me.
I did during the last World Cup when the team that lost to a group of 15 year old boys but demanded equal pay to the Men's team.

15 year old's make minimum wage.
Your ideas are intriguing to me, and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
Jack Bauer
Florda_mike said:

Jack Bauer said:

sombear said:

History:
2016- Pink Hair took a knee from the sideline vs. Thailand in a nod to Colin Kapernick
USWNT bans players from taking a knee so Pink Hair stood during games with a ****-face

2019 - World Cup. No player took a knee during national anthem

AFTER George Floyd, USWNT removes ban and EVERYONE and their mother takes a knee in 2020
(USWNT and NWSL).

Feb 2021 - USWNT said they won't take a knee anymore during anthem anymore.

Olympics - USWNT and other Olympic teams take a knee at kickoff

sombear
Florda_mike said:

Jack Bauer said:

sombear said:

That's from a different game. They are wearing blue unis, and wore white for this game.
Jack Bauer
There are some patriotic, admirable players on the team - Carli Lloyd, Kelly O'Hara, Julie Ertz, etc.

But Pink Hair gets WAY too much attention. She is 36 years old now and is no longer a star player. She is a grifter and professional victim.

Forest Bueller_bf
Jack Bauer said:

Florda_mike said:

Jack Bauer said:

sombear said:

History:
2016- Pink Hair took a knee from the sideline vs. Thailand in a nod to Colin Kapernick
USWNT bans players from taking a knee so Pink Hair stood during games with a ****-face

Pink Hair always has **** face. How could you even tell the difference. Hey, her act has made her a lot of money.
Florda_mike
Forest Bueller_bf said:

Jack Bauer said:

Florda_mike said:

Jack Bauer said:

sombear said:

History:

Pink Hair always has **** face. How could you even tell the difference. Hey, her act has made her a lot of money.

My theory is pink hair is always mad because she has never had a man?
Canada2017
Glad Sweden won big .

Whiskey Pete
Florda_mike said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

Jack Bauer said:

Florda_mike said:

Jack Bauer said:

sombear said:

History:

My theory is pink hair is always mad because she has never had a man?
I think she might identify as one though
Jack Bauer

Quote:

TOKYO The U.S. women's national team and other soccer teams knelt before kickoff of their Olympic openers on Wednesday, the first demonstrations under slightly relaxed restrictions on protest at the Games.

The demonstrations were pre-planned, as they have been before various international soccer matches for over a year now as collective statements against racism and other forms of discrimination. English Premier League players first popularized the gesture last summer in the aftermath of George Floyd's murder and the subsequent racial justice reckoning that spread from the U.S. around the world.

At the USA-Sweden game in an empty Tokyo Stadium, at the sound of the referee's whistle, all 11 starters from both teams, plus the ref, dropped to one knee. They stayed there for about 10 seconds with pregame music still playing in the background. They then rose, and a short in-stadium countdown to kickoff commenced.

All 18 USWNT players stood for the anthem on Wednesday. It's unclear if a protest during the anthem would be acceptable under the new IOC rules.

cms186
Florda_mike said:

I'm afraid to think what it'll take to root out the cancer of mentally ill hatred we have in our country of what's made it the best country ever

I'm saddened the USOC has bowed to the commies and allowed us to be losers in the Olympics. I'm deeply saddened

you would start with people like you Mike, your brand of mentally ill hatred is the most malignant
I'm the English Guy
Florda_mike
cms186 said:

Florda_mike said:

you would start with people like you Mike, your brand of mentally ill hatred is the most malignant

Wrong, I'd start with YOU!

Mine is just a reaction to the mentally ill USA hating commie vermin like YOU!
Oldbear83
I'm actually most annoyed to see that official takin a knee. I'm used to idiot athletes who think they speak for entire countries, but officials are - or used to be - careful to take no position on a political or controversial dispute.

Anyone who shows up at the Olympics and takes a knee should - by their own rules - be banned from the Olympics:

Rule 50, part 2: "No kind of demonstration or political, religious or racial propaganda is permitted in any

Olympic sites, venues or other areas."

https://library.olympics.com/Default/doc/SYRACUSE/355508/olympic-charter-in-force-as-from-17-july-2020-international-olympic-committee?_lg=en-GB#:~:text=Edited%20by%20International%20Olympic%20Committee%20-%202020%20The,conditions%20for%20the%20celebration%20of%20the%20Olympic%20Games.

That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
Porteroso
Jack Bauer said:

Oldbear83 said:

Jack Bauer said:

So they should both have lost ...
11 blonde white women representing a country that is 95% white, taking a knee for BLM.

The ultimate virtual signaling.

Why is publically saying black lives matter virtue signaling? Is the Constitution virtue signaling? Is everything said at church virtue signaling?

That term is going to lose its meaning if you just throw it out randomly. Sort of like the left and racist. I doubt that term every time I read it, unless it's an article about the KKK.
cms186
Florda_mike said:

cms186 said:

Florda_mike said:

Wrong, I'd start with YOU!

Mine is just a reaction to the mentally ill USA hating commie vermin like YOU!
Sick Burn!!! (notwithstanding the fact i "hate" your country so much, ive visited it twice on holiday )

the thing is Mike, i dont hate the USA, neither do the USA womens soccer team or the Democrats or anyone else you accuse of hating it (apart from ISIS, those guys definitely do hate you), criticising a country does not mean you hate it, if it did, that would make you a massive USA hating vermin too. Nothing is perfect, everything would benefit from having its flaws corrected.

They might hate your picture perfect version of the USA where everyone is heterosexual, the Blacks know their place and dont complain about any injustices thrown their way and Girls raped by their cousins are forced to have Babies they dont want that will ruin their lives because abortion is illegal, thats not hating the USA.
I'm the English Guy
Forest Bueller_bf
Porteroso said:

Jack Bauer said:

Oldbear83 said:

Jack Bauer said:

So they should both have lost ...
11 blonde white women representing a country that is 95% white, taking a knee for BLM.

The ultimate virtual signaling.

Why is publically saying black lives matter virtue signaling? Is the Constitution virtue signaling? Is everything said at church virtue signaling?

That term is going to lose its meaning if you just throw it out randomly. Sort of like the left and racist. I doubt that term every time I read it, unless it's an article about the KKK.
I'm mean there are racists, no doubt, but it has lost much of it's meaning.

The phrase "white supremacy" is the one that has lost all meaning.

I mean shoot, real math is now called "white supremacy" in some goofy circles.
Jack Bauer
Personally, I support any athlete's right to support a cause, movement, politician etc. provided it is on their own time.

Do you go into work and take a knee before the morning conference meeting?
Do pilots, doctors, restaurant owners make a political speech when they engage with customers? Why do athletes get a pass?

Pink Hair can go on MSNBC or Jimmy Kimmel or ESPN all she wants to whine about her life. All I wanted was for me and my soccer daughter to turn on the game and cheer on the USA.
Forest Bueller_bf
Jack Bauer said:

Personally, I support any athlete's right to support a cause, movement, politician etc. provided it is on their own time.

Do you go into work and take a knee before the morning conference meeting?
Do pilots, doctors, restaurant owners make a political speech when they engage with customers? Why do athletes get a pass?

Pink Hair can go on MSNBC or Jimmy Kimmel or ESPN all she wants to whine about her life. All I wanted was for me and my soccer daughter to turn on the game and cheer on the USA.
Exactly this. This is their job, they can form a foundation outside of their work environment and push it on THEIR time.

If you go to your Insurance Agent you don't have to listen to some political agenda to be able to purchase insurance. Your Dr. doesn't propagate their agenda as they listen to your heart to detect any health issues.
Same at the grocery store, I just want my groceries, and that's what I get. Check out and go home.

So when I want to kick back and watch sports, why do I need to watch a political agenda in action every time they step into their work place.

Nobody else gets to do it. I would be fired for doing such.
Florda_mike
Amen brothers

Y'all keep preaching!
Jack Bauer
Keep in mind that a Houston reporter was fired in 2016 for supporting Donald Trump on her PERSONAL Facebook page. Yet, kneeling for the flag is admirable.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.