If evolution truly created us, why

38,031 Views | 728 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by LIB,MR BEARS
Oldbear83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quash said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Waco47, by you reverting back to silence, I'm gonna assume that you understood my point and realize that it is true. Yes?

Silence is not assent. If you feel the need to declare victory go into your closet, not a digital street corner.

And on what grounds do you give orders to BTD, quash?

That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
TexasScientist
BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

quash said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Waco47, by you reverting back to silence, I'm gonna assume that you understood my point and realize that it is true. Yes?

Silence is not assent. If you feel the need to declare victory go into your closet, not a digital street corner.

If victory is to be declared, it is for truth, not for myself. Truth, you shout from mountaintops.
Some shout perception of truth, without facts or evidence.
“It is impossible to get a man to understand something if his livelihood depends on him not understanding.” ~ Upton Sinclair
TexasScientist
Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

How about the same grounds when you have given orders to others on this board?
“It is impossible to get a man to understand something if his livelihood depends on him not understanding.” ~ Upton Sinclair
Oldbear83
TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

For a scientist, TS, you seem to have poor comprehension of the difference between an opinion and a directive.

TexasScientist
Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

For a scientist, TS, you seem to have poor comprehension of the difference between an opinion and a directive.

You mean like Quash's opinion?
LIB,MR BEARS
Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

TS's persistent battle is against the opinions of Christians.

He spends a great deal of energy fighting against what he calls a myth. Odd
Oldbear83
TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

You mean like Quash's opinion directive?
You need to use that dictionary for more than a doorstop, TS.
quash
BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

quash said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

If victory is to be declared, it is for truth, not for myself. Truth, you shout from mountaintops.

How pharisaic.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
quash
Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Matt 6:6.

In my opinion.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Oldbear83
quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

In my opinion.

Just checked, and you don't speak for Christ.
BusyTarpDuster2017
quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

In my opinion.

Matthew 5:14-15

"You are the light of the world....no one lights a lamp and covers it under a basket; but places it on a stand, and it gives light to all in the house."

quash
Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

In my opinion.

Rechecked, never claimed to.
Oldbear83
quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

In my opinion.

Denial, always a favorite go-to move by quash.

Yeah you did. Kind of obvious, even.
TexasScientist
Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

In my opinion.

Can't speak for Gandhi either.
Oldbear83
TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

In my opinion.

Not surprised. Few people outside India speak any of even the major languages used there.
quash
Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

In my opinion.

Not surprised. Few people outside India speak any of even the major languages used there.
LOL. English is the second most spoken language in India.
Oldbear83
quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

In my opinion.

English is rarely spoken properly in The USA or UK anymore. Haven't you noticed?
quash
Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

In my opinion.

English is rarely spoken properly in The USA or UK anymore. Haven't you noticed?

What I noticed is that you think English is not a major language in India. Then I noticed you run away from that contention.
Oldbear83
quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

In my opinion.

What I noticed is that you think English is not a major language in India. Then I noticed you run away from that contention.

I notice that your hemorrhoids have yet again found their way into print, quash.

quash
Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

In my opinion.

I notice that your hemorrhoids have yet again found their way into print, quash.

Can you show me on this this doll where the facts hurt you?
Oldbear83
quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

In my opinion.

Can you show me on this this doll where the facts hurt you?

I know you hear that a lot, but you don't have to repeat it here, quash.

Just tell your mommy you need another nap, and you'll be fine.

Like the President, you can have ice cream after your nap.
Waco1947
Confession and repentance make me better person.
TWD 1974
quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

In my opinion.

Would also point out Gandhi was educated at Oxford. His English was arguably better than anyone participating here, myself included.
Does anyone else get tired of interesting threads exchanging ideas that always seem to end with the "I'm a real Christian and your not argument?"
Oldbear83
TWD 74 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

In my opinion.

Would also point out Gandhi was educated at Oxford. His English was arguably better than anyone participating here, myself included.
Does anyone else get tired of interesting threads exchanging ideas that always seem to end with the "I'm a real Christian and your not argument?"
Like telling someone to take their opinion into a closet rather than post it here?

Yeah, that gets old fast.
TexasScientist
TWD 74 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

In my opinion.

That's because Christianity is so poorly defined, anything goes.
BusyTarpDuster2017
Waco1947 said:

So can eating right, exercising, and attending a Tony Robbins seminar.
So can attaining Buddhist enlightenment.

At least to those who believe that, right?

So why do we need Jesus?
TexasScientist
BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

So why do we need Jesus?
Good point. We don't.
Waco1947
TWD 74 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

In my opinion.

Choose good posters here. There are several conservatives who dialogue.
Waco1947
BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

So why do we need Jesus?
Buddhists don't need him. I do.
BusyTarpDuster2017
Waco1947 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

So why do we need Jesus?
No, you don't. Not if you're saying you can achieve the exact same results a number of other ways.

Right?
Waco1947
BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

So why do we need Jesus?
No, you don't. Not if you're saying you can achieve the exact same results a number of other ways.

Right?
What result?
BusyTarpDuster2017
Waco1947 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

So why do we need Jesus?

Right?
What result?
You tell us- what result can you obtain being a follower of Jesus, that you can't obtain with anything else?

- You say everyone gets eternal life in heaven, so that's not it.
- You said that you help the poor and abused, but you can do that with any other belief, or even as an atheist.
- You said that holding on to "sins" like bitterness and ignoring the poor weighs your soul down, but you can let go of bitterness and help the poor without having to believe in Jesus.
- You said that it makes you a better person, but you can be a better person through other means.

So, I haven't heard any reason why someone needs to follow Jesus. You said Buddhists don't need him - so that means you can denounce your faith right now and become a Buddhist, and then you wouldn't need Jesus. You'd be able to do all the above, and even have eternal life in heaven. So that means by definition, Jesus is not necessary, i.e. you don't need Jesus. Right?

TexasScientist
BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

So why do we need Jesus?

Right?
What result?
You tell us- what result can you obtain being a follower of Jesus, that you can't obtain with anything else?

- You said that you help the poor and abused, but you can do that with any other belief, or even as an atheist.
- You said that holding on to "sins" like bitterness and ignoring the poor weighs your soul down, but you can let go of bitterness and help the poor without having to believe in Jesus.
- You said that it makes you a better person, but you can be a better person through other means.

So, I haven't heard any reason why someone needs to follow Jesus. You said Buddhists don't need him - so that means you can denounce your faith right now and become a Buddhist, and then you wouldn't need Jesus. You'd be able to do all the above, and even have eternal life in heaven. So that means by definition, Jesus is not necessary, i.e. you don't need Jesus. Right?

That's right. You don't need any religion to do right.
BusyTarpDuster2017
TexasScientist said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

So why do we need Jesus?

Right?
What result?

That is correct. And science can't define what is "right".
TexasScientist
BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

TexasScientist said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

So why do we need Jesus?

Right?
What result?

That is correct. And science can't define what is "right".
But science can be used by culture to define what is right, as opposed to religious cultural edicts. It's part of the reason why the medical community will prescribe an appendectomy for a ruptured appendix in lieu of prayer.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.