If evolution truly created us, why

38,043 Views | 728 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by LIB,MR BEARS
TexasScientist
How long do you want to ignore this user?
LIB,MR BEARS said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

TS, your whole philosophy is based on hate, lies and malice.

I pity you.
No, you just want believe that because it fits your narrative. I dont' hate anyone. I do point out the absurdity of religion when confronted with objective truth and reality. I you weren't raised in a Christian culture, you would view it the same as you do Islam, Jainism, Buddhism, or any other religion.
People in Africa haven't grown up in a Christian culture and yet there is a huge conversion to Christianity going on in Africa. The same goes for China. In 5-10 years, there will be more Christians in China than in the US

It took just a few hundred years for 2/3rds of the Roman Empire to convert to Christianity.

You grew up in a Christian culture and yet you aren't Christian.

Your logic is flawed.

I'll save your use of the descriptor "objective" for another time.

There is also a huge conversion to Islam going on in Africa - maybe more so than Christianity. Proselytism and breeding works. Islam is growing faster than Christianity. That doesn't negate the fact that the culture you were born into is what you will likely believe. Hinduism and even Islam far outnumber Christians in India. Overall, Christianity and Islam are competing for and plowing the fertile ground of undereducated, high birth rate, superstition prone third world countries. It's the only way to offset the coming decline in the educated parts of the world.
“It is impossible to get a man to understand something if his livelihood depends on him not understanding.” ~ Upton Sinclair
TexasScientist
Sam Lowry said:

TexasScientist said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

TS, you seem to struggle on knowing the difference in following Christianity and following Jesus Christ.
Are they not supposed to be one and the same? And how do you follow Christianity or Jesus Christ? It's all subjective. That's why there are so many differing beliefs, even within one denomination, much less all the varous sects and denominations within the Protestant, Orthodox, Catholic, and Mormon churches. They all believe they are uniquely corrects.
There are a lot of beliefs about law, science, history, etc., but some are more accurate than others. All is not subjective.
Yet religion is subjective.
“It is impossible to get a man to understand something if his livelihood depends on him not understanding.” ~ Upton Sinclair
TexasScientist
Oldbear83 said:

TS: ' I don't hate anyone."

Oh yes you do. Many of your posts reek of it, the bitterness against faith and anyone who lives by it, the inability to treat the Right as reasonable no matter what.

The only person who is fooled by that lie is yourself, but that's common, people lying to themselves to pretend they are morally right even when the opposite is so.

You need to take a look in the mirror. Expressing an opinion, and vigorously defending it, isn't hate.
Oldbear83
quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

I pity you.

I feel sorry for you. You believe that you live in a hate-filled world. You see it everywhere. People make rational posts and you, per usual, see hate and anger. Over and over. I wish you lived in a happier place.

<chuckle>

Poor reading comprehension by quash, yet again.

Of course I live in a happy place. I have God in my life and work with good people of many backgrounds. You and TS, sadly, exhibit a constant rant of accusations, false claims and plain bitterness that displays a sour and petty view of the world in which you live. Your last post is simply more denial, which is no surprise but still a sad thing to see so often from you.

That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
Oldbear83
TS: "Expressing an opinion, and vigorously defending it, isn't hate."

True, if only that were what you really do, TS.

Rants and vitriol against Faith, just because you don't like it, well that's something very different, mister. I hope you will reach a place one day where you can accept someone's faith without seeing it as a threat to your own personal mythos.

TexasScientist
Oldbear83 said:

Rants and vitriol against Faith, just because you don't like it, well that's something very different, mister. I hope you will reach a place one day where you can accept someone's faith without seeing it as a threat to your own personal mythos.

You shouldn't view expression of my non-vitriolic opinions on this board as such an existential threat.
Oldbear83
TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

You shouldn't view expression of my non-vitriolic opinions on this board as such an existential threat.
God is not a threat to you. And sorry but yes, vitriol seems to be an integral part of your posts on many topics, especially personal faith.
TexasScientist
Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

God is not a threat to you. And sorry but yes, vitriol seems to be an integral part of your posts on many topics, especially personal faith.
You try to deflect by using vitriol as a debating tool, when your argument is weak. You have to exist to be a threat. That is a non-vitriolic statement. However, religion on the other hand is a threat to the world.
LIB,MR BEARS
TexasScientist said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

I pity you.
No, you just want believe that because it fits your narrative. I dont' hate anyone. I do point out the absurdity of religion when confronted with objective truth and reality. I you weren't raised in a Christian culture, you would view it the same as you do Islam, Jainism, Buddhism, or any other religion.
People in Africa haven't grown up in a Christian culture and yet there is a huge conversion to Christianity going on in Africa. The same goes for China. In 5-10 years, there will be more Christians in China than in the US

It took just a few hundred years for 2/3rds of the Roman Empire to convert to Christianity.

Your logic is flawed.

There is also a huge conversion to Islam going on in Africa - maybe more so than Christianity. Proselytism and breeding works. Islam is growing faster than Christianity. That doesn't negate the fact that the culture you were born into is what you will likely believe. Hinduism and even Islam far outnumber Christians in India. Overall, Christianity and Islam are competing for and

"plowing the fertile ground of undereducated,"

high birth rate, superstition prone third world countries. It's the only way to offset the coming decline in the educated parts of the world.

The part of your quote I offset is perhaps the most arrogant, asinine, prejudiced statement I've read from anyone on these boards.

Why can't the rest of the world be like you, a white, educated, western, male? BIGOT!!!

(please don't read that as hyperbole. it wasn't intended that way)
Oldbear83
TS: "religion on the other hand is a threat to the world."

Right there is some of the vitriol you pretend does not exist.

You may notice that I don't have a problem with scientists, just the ones who deny they ever did anything wrong, and of course the cultists who can't accept the good done by people of faith.
TexasScientist
LIB,MR BEARS said:

TexasScientist said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

I pity you.

Your logic is flawed.

There is also a huge conversion to Islam going on in Africa - maybe more so than Christianity. Proselytism and breeding works. Islam is growing faster than Christianity. That doesn't negate the fact that the culture you were born into is what you will likely believe. Hinduism and even Islam far outnumber Christians in India. Overall, Christianity and Islam are competing for and

high birth rate, superstition prone third world countries. It's the only way to offset the coming decline in the educated parts of the world.

The part of your quote I offset is perhaps the most arrogant, asinine, prejudiced statement I've read from anyone on these boards.

Why can't the rest of the world be like you, a white, educated, western, male? BIGOT!!!

Bigot doesn't apply, and being like me isn't the point. Why else do you think those areas are fertile for growth in Islam and Christianity? The statistics bear out that proselytism and high birth rates favor growth of Islam and even Christianity in those areas, more so Islam. Hyperbole is hyperbole, intent notwithstanding.
Waco1947
TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

I pity you.
As always (usually) you are right on.
You are attacking a classical/orthodox/evangelical God and your arguments are accurate. There is a Christian God grounded in process theology which aligns with secularity
BusyTarpDuster2017
Waco1947 said:

4th and Inches said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

Waco1947 said:

The Catholic Church had to apologize for its failures.
And they did. Most scientists who did wrong never owned up to it.
Nor did most lawyers, military leaders, clergy, and Christians.
You are, as usual, wrong about Christians, Waco.

Maybe you should drop the lie that you actually are one.
It seems to me Waco exhibits the "fruits of the spirit" more than most who post on this board: "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control."
in many ways yes, in some ways at times no.. we are all human and stumble in many ways along our walk with Christ.
I'm the guy at the sanctuary saying "Lord be merciful to me a sinner"
Waco47, I asked you a question that you ran away from, and I was just wondering if you were able to come up with an answer, or an "out", after all this time, so I thought I'd "resurrect" this thread for a brief moment.

I was curious as to why you need mercy from God for your sins. Why? What would God do if you don't get His mercy?
Waco1947
BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

4th and Inches said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

Waco1947 said:

It seems to me Waco exhibits the "fruits of the spirit" more than most who post on this board: "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control."
in many ways yes, in some ways at times no.. we are all human and stumble in many ways along our walk with Christ.
Waco47, I asked you a question that you ran away from, and I was just wondering if you were able to come up with an answer, or an "out", after all this time, so I thought I'd "resurrect" this thread for a brief moment.

I was curious as to why you need mercy from God for your sins. Why? What would God do if you don't get His mercy?
No one lives outside God's mercy.
TexasScientist
LIB,MR BEARS said:

TexasScientist said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

I pity you.

Your logic is flawed.

I don't think so. You're trying to read/make it into something it doesn't say. Christianity and Islam are not made up entirely of white, educated, western males. But they both are in direct competition attempting to proselytize underpriviliged areas of Africa.
BusyTarpDuster2017
Waco1947 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

4th and Inches said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

Waco1947 said:

Who is outside God's mercy and why?
Waco1947
BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

4th and Inches said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

Waco1947 said:

I said, "No one."
BusyTarpDuster2017
Waco1947 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

4th and Inches said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

Waco1947 said:

I said, "No one."
So why do you ask for it if everyone gets it regardless?
quash
BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

4th and Inches said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

Waco1947 said:

Everyone. There are no gods.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Waco1947
BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

4th and Inches said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

Waco1947 said:

I said, "No one."
Repentance for me because my life is better if I acknowledge my son amd Jesus commanded it.
Waco1947
TexasScientist said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Canines evolved to different canines, felines to different felines. That is life creating life.

How did space dust create life?
Star dust. All of the matter of you're composed of comes from elements, and produced from stars and super novas.
From physics to chemistry then biology.
BusyTarpDuster2017
Waco1947 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

4th and Inches said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

Waco1947 said:

I said, "No one."
Repentance for me because my life is better if I acknowledge my son amd Jesus commanded it.
What happens if you don't repent or obey Jesus' command? Do you still get the same mercy as if you HAD repented or obeyed his command?
Waco1947
BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

4th and Inches said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

Waco1947 said:

I said, "No one."
What happens if you don't repent or obey Jesus' command? Do you still get the same mercy as if you HAD repented or obeyed his command?
Yes
BusyTarpDuster2017
Waco1947 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

4th and Inches said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

Waco1947 said:

I said, "No one."
Yes
Then your thinking is completely nonsensical. Your concepts of "mercy", "sin", and "repentance" have no real meaning. If you never have to face judgement, no matter what you do, then there really is no "sin", and no need to "repent" or receive "mercy" from anyone. This is not a rational theology.
Waco1947
BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

4th and Inches said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

Waco1947 said:

I said, "No one."
Yes
Then your thinking is completely nonsensical. Your concepts of "mercy", "sin", and "repentance" have no real meaning. If you never have to face judgement, no matter what you do, then there really is no "sin", and no need to "repent" or receive "mercy" from anyone. This is not a rational theology.
Sitting on a sin like bitterness or ignoring the poor weighs your soul down. A truly abundant life is one in repentance and forgiveness.
Oldbear83
As always, Today's Special at Cafe Waco 1947 is 'Word Salad'.

Waco, you are absolutely wrong about the need for repentance and confession. Christ did not die on a cross just for the drama of the act, He undertook a horrible penalty which we all deserve, out of love, but to receive HIs mercy we must confess our sins and repent, every one of us.

BusyTarpDuster2017
Waco1947 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

4th and Inches said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

Waco1947 said:

And they did. %A0 Most scientists who did wrong never owned up to it.

It seems to me Waco exhibits the "fruits of the spirit" more than most who post on this board: %A0"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control."

I said, "No one."
Repentance for me because my life is better if I acknowledge my son amd Jesus commanded it. %A0
Yes
Then your thinking is completely nonsensical. Your concepts of "mercy", "sin", and "repentance" have no real meaning. %A0If you never have to face judgement, no matter what you do, then there really is no "sin", and no need to "repent" or receive "mercy" from anyone. This is not a rational theology.
Sitting on a sin like bitterness or ignoring the poor weighs your soul down. A truly abundant life is one in repentance and forgiveness.
There are many people in this world who don't give two craps for the poor while they enrich themselves, and maybe even kill, rape, steal, and lynch along the way, and feel they are having an abundant life.

And even if they didn't feel they currently have an abundant life, what does it matter, if no matter what they do%A0 they're going to heaven anyway after they die, and will have an abundant life then?

LIB,MR BEARS
BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

4th and Inches said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

Waco1947 said:

I said, "No one."
Yes
Sure it makes sense. TexasScientists is simply pond scum evolved to higher order and Waco47 is receiving the same mercy as Hitler.

I can stomp on TS like I splash in a puddle or stomp on a rock AND, I get God's ( or in this case god's mercy ).

These two have it figured out.
TexasScientist
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Yes
Sure it makes sense. TexasScientists is simply pond scum evolved to higher order and Waco47 is receiving the same mercy as Hitler.

I can stomp on TS like I splash in a puddle or stomp on a rock AND, I get God's ( or in this case god's mercy ).

So in the OT sacrificing a chicken was good enough to satisfy your imaginary friend, but now in the NT sacrificing his son isn't good enough to satisfy your imaginary friend? Seems to me you're better off following your OT imaginary friend.
Waco1947
BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

4th and Inches said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

Waco1947 said:

And they did. %A0 Most scientists who did wrong never owned up to it.

It seems to me Waco exhibits the "fruits of the spirit" more than most who post on this board: %A0"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control."

I said, "No one."
Repentance for me because my life is better if I acknowledge my son amd Jesus commanded it. %A0
Yes
Then your thinking is completely nonsensical. Your concepts of "mercy", "sin", and "repentance" have no real meaning. %A0If you never have to face judgement, no matter what you do, then there really is no "sin", and no need to "repent" or receive "mercy" from anyone. This is not a rational theology.
There are many people in this world who don't give two craps for the poor while they enrich themselves, and maybe even kill, rape, steal, and lynch along the way, and feel they are having an abundant life.

And even if they didn't feel they currently have an abundant life, what does it matter, if no matter what they do%A0 they're going to heaven anyway after they die, and will have an abundant life then?

I have said very clearly "My confession, repentance and living in the Kingdom of God for me and others matters. The love commandment means I fight for the rights of the poor and the abused. Jesus said, 'Repent. For the kingdom of God is at hand.' I am disciple of Jesus and follow Him. If another uses this life to abuse and harm others that's between them and God but God commands me to love and correct the evil of those others and for this moment I believe this verse about Jesus, ' 18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me,
because the Lord has anointed me.
He has sent me to preach good news to the poor,
to proclaim release to the prisoners
and recovery of sight to the blind,
to liberate the oppressed,
19 and to proclaim the year of the Lord's favor.' Consequently God's judgment is already on the uncaring, unloving one but I confess my faith in Jesus and work for His Kingdom."
Waco1947
LIB,MR BEARS said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

4th and Inches said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

Waco1947 said:

I said, "No one."
Yes

If I live in the sordid ways you describe then I am poorer man for it and will face the courts of law and go to jail but I will also be forgiven as in "forgive 7 X 77."
BusyTarpDuster2017
Waco1947 said:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Yes

I have said very clearly "My confession, repentance and living in the Kingdom of God for me and others matters. The love commandment means I fight for the rights of the poor and the abused. Jesus said, 'Repent. For the kingdom of God is at hand.' I am disciple of Jesus and follow Him. If another uses this life to abuse and harm others that's between them and God but God commands me to love and correct the evil of those others and for this moment I believe this verse about Jesus, ' 18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me,
because the Lord has anointed me.
He has sent me to preach good news to the poor,
to proclaim release to the prisoners
and recovery of sight to the blind,
to liberate the oppressed,
19 and to proclaim the year of the Lord's favor.' Consequently God's judgment is already on the uncaring, unloving one but I confess my faith in Jesus and work for His Kingdom."
You don't have to believe in Jesus in order to help the poor and abused.

You don't even have to believe in God.

Your theology renders the belief in Jesus and the act of following Jesus completely arbitrary and meaningless. You can do all these things in the name of Buddha, Vishnu, or <insert god of your choice here>, or none at all, and it all means the same in the end, and its all the same kingdom, right?

And you say, "God's judgement is already on the uncaring, unloving one" - what is that judgement?

BusyTarpDuster2017
Waco47, by you reverting back to silence, I'm gonna assume that you understood my point and realize that it is true. Yes?
quash
BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Waco47, by you reverting back to silence, I'm gonna assume that you understood my point and realize that it is true. Yes?

Silence is not assent. If you feel the need to declare victory go into your closet, not a digital street corner.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
BusyTarpDuster2017
quash said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Silence is not assent. If you feel the need to declare victory go into your closet, not a digital street corner.

If victory is to be declared, it is for truth, not for myself. Truth, you shout from mountaintops.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.