Has the Clock Started?

11,129 Views | 178 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by 9b1deb4d-3b7d-4bad-9bdd-2
Wrecks Quan Dough
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Carlos Cruz said:

quash said:

Carlos Cruz said:

C. Jordan said:

Carlos Cruz said:

C. Jordan said:

Carlos Cruz said:

C. Jordan said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

January 6th was a rowdy, "mostly peaceful protest" other than the unarmed female protester being murdered by the Capitol policemen. Should the Dems steal another election, you people will see what a real insurrection looks like.
This is an insane lie.
What part?
All of it.

First, the assault on the capital was NOT a mostly peaceful protest.

Second, Ashli Babbitt wasn't murdered. She was killed attempting to breach security. The lives of our elected representatives were at stake.

Third, the election wasn't stolen.

So 3 lies.
January 6th was mostly peaceful. Tens of thousands were present. Only a couple of hundred were arrested.

Ashli Babbitt did not pose a threat to anyone's life. If breaching security is a license to shoot at people, then woe to the next group of people who try to pull down a goal post or trespass on the White House lawn.

Joe Biden may or may not have been legitimately elected. Either way, we are stuck with him for three and half more years. Or at least I hope he makes it because the two who are behind him right now are worse options than he is.
No it wasn't mostly peaceful. You're trying to gaslight me by telling me I didn't see what I saw. It's not going to work. You can repeat a lie as often as you want, but it still won't be true. Your number was way off. At least 400 were arrested in 40 states, and counting. And they're still looking for people.

How were officers supposed to know Babbitt was no threat to anyone? She could see the guns drawn, but was determined to go through anyway. And what if others poured through after her? Even if she was no threat, many of them surely were. Besides, the shooting was investigated and declared to be a righteous shoot.

If you want to blame someone for Ashli's death, blame Donald Trump, who enflamed her and others with his repeated lies that the election was stolen. Her blood is on his hands, along with everyone else who died because of that day, including the officers who committed suicide after.

Biden was legitimately elected. More gaslighting. State courts, federal courts, FBI, DHS, DOJ, and more have all declared he was and that there was no significant voter fraud.
In sum, the Orange Man is bad and you can shoot someone in broad daylight even if they are not posing a reasonable threat to your life at the moment. You don't need to be gaslighted. You are sufficiently indoctrinated that the facts will not move you.

The law allows the use of deadly force in a variety of situations. When the person who fails to "just follow the rules" gets shot don't you usually back the blue?

It depends on the situation.

Of course it does. Here, a trespasser (And part of a violent mob, whose threatening actions had been planned and were known to the police) refusing to follow lawful orders breaks the close. FAFO.

Unarmed trespassing by a person not known to have committed any act of violence ... should die, per quash.

Hmmmmmm.
Well, she was not wearing an N-95 mask. So there is that.
quash
Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Carlos Cruz said:

quash said:

Carlos Cruz said:

C. Jordan said:

Carlos Cruz said:

C. Jordan said:

Carlos Cruz said:

C. Jordan said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

January 6th was a rowdy, "mostly peaceful protest" other than the unarmed female protester being murdered by the Capitol policemen. Should the Dems steal another election, you people will see what a real insurrection looks like.
This is an insane lie.
What part?
All of it.

Second, Ashli Babbitt wasn't murdered. She was killed attempting to breach security. The lives of our elected representatives were at stake.

So 3 lies.
January 6th was mostly peaceful. Tens of thousands were present. Only a couple of hundred were arrested.

Ashli Babbitt did not pose a threat to anyone's life. If breaching security is a license to shoot at people, then woe to the next group of people who try to pull down a goal post or trespass on the White House lawn.

Joe Biden may or may not have been legitimately elected. Either way, we are stuck with him for three and half more years. Or at least I hope he makes it because the two who are behind him right now are worse options than he is.
No it wasn't mostly peaceful. You're trying to gaslight me by telling me I didn't see what I saw. It's not going to work. You can repeat a lie as often as you want, but it still won't be true. Your number was way off. At least 400 were arrested in 40 states, and counting. And they're still looking for people.

How were officers supposed to know Babbitt was no threat to anyone? She could see the guns drawn, but was determined to go through anyway. And what if others poured through after her? Even if she was no threat, many of them surely were. Besides, the shooting was investigated and declared to be a righteous shoot.

If you want to blame someone for Ashli's death, blame Donald Trump, who enflamed her and others with his repeated lies that the election was stolen. Her blood is on his hands, along with everyone else who died because of that day, including the officers who committed suicide after.

Biden was legitimately elected. More gaslighting. State courts, federal courts, FBI, DHS, DOJ, and more have all declared he was and that there was no significant voter fraud.
In sum, the Orange Man is bad and you can shoot someone in broad daylight even if they are not posing a reasonable threat to your life at the moment. You don't need to be gaslighted. You are sufficiently indoctrinated that the facts will not move you.

The law allows the use of deadly force in a variety of situations. When the person who fails to "just follow the rules" gets shot don't you usually back the blue?

Of course it does. Here, a trespasser (And part of a violent mob, whose threatening actions had been planned and were known to the police) refusing to follow lawful orders breaks the close. FAFO.

Unarmed trespassing by a person not known to have committed any act of violence ... should die, per quash.

Hmmmmmm.

You can lie about the underlying facts, and you can lie about what I just said in plain English. Hope it stops future meltdowns.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Oldbear83
quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Carlos Cruz said:

quash said:

Carlos Cruz said:

C. Jordan said:

Carlos Cruz said:

C. Jordan said:

Carlos Cruz said:

C. Jordan said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

This is an insane lie.
What part?
All of it.

So 3 lies.

Hmmmmmm.

You can lie about the underlying facts, and you can lie about what I just said in plain English. Hope it stops future meltdowns.
Talk about 'gaslighting'. Sorry quash, you got caught this time, better luck next time.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
quash
Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Carlos Cruz said:

quash said:

Carlos Cruz said:

C. Jordan said:

Carlos Cruz said:

C. Jordan said:

Carlos Cruz said:

C. Jordan said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

This is an insane lie.
What part?
All of it.

So 3 lies.

Hmmmmmm.

Talk about 'gaslighting'. Sorry quash, you got caught this time, better luck next time.

You didn't catch me doing anything. When you attack the Capitol in a planned attack to overturn a valid election and get shot don't try to gaslight me with the "Hey, she just wandered away from the tour group" lie.

Breaking and entering is an act of violence.

I would have preferred they arrest her but armed law enforcement on the scene had to make the call in an instant. You, protected by the security they offer at risk of their lives, get to sit at home, get all emotional, and second guess.

Lucky you.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Oldbear83
Your fiction is weak
Whiskey Pete
quash said:

Carlos Cruz said:

C. Jordan said:

Carlos Cruz said:

C. Jordan said:

Carlos Cruz said:

C. Jordan said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

This is an insane lie.
What part?
All of it.

So 3 lies.

I thought you had a problem with the state being allowed to kill citizens, no? Or maybe it's the problem with the immunity. If so, then maybe the cop that shot the woman should be tried in court?
Whiskey Pete
quash said:

Carlos Cruz said:

quash said:

Carlos Cruz said:

C. Jordan said:

Carlos Cruz said:

C. Jordan said:

Carlos Cruz said:

C. Jordan said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

This is an insane lie.
What part?
All of it.

So 3 lies.

So it's okay to shoot the American on January 6th.

Now, what about the cop that shoots a citizen while that citizen is trying to wrestle for the cop's gun?
Whiskey Pete
Oldbear83 said:

Your fiction is weak
Apparently, to squish, just breaking and entering is an "act of violence". Funny, I thought actually assaulting someone or specifically threatening to assault or kill someone was an act of violence.

Pretty soon, as he keeps going down the rabbit hole, squish will think that getting a speeding ticket will be an act of violence.
quash
Rawhide said:

quash said:

Carlos Cruz said:

C. Jordan said:

Carlos Cruz said:

C. Jordan said:

Carlos Cruz said:

C. Jordan said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

This is an insane lie.
What part?
All of it.

So 3 lies.

I thought you had a problem with the state being allowed to kill citizens, no? Or maybe it's the problem with the immunity. If so, then maybe the cop that shot the woman should be tried in court?

You and I have been through this. If you want to have a new discussion about things you get wrong it will have to be an internal dialogue.
Whiskey Pete
quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

Carlos Cruz said:

C. Jordan said:

Carlos Cruz said:

C. Jordan said:

Carlos Cruz said:

C. Jordan said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

This is an insane lie.
What part?
All of it.

So 3 lies.

You and I have been through this. If you want to have a new discussion about things you get wrong it will have to be an internal dialogue.

Yeah, we have. It seems, that you don't have as much of an issue with the capitol cop killing the protester, but you don't stick up for the right of the beat officer shooting a criminal for pulling a weapon.

In other words, it appears you don't have a problem with immunity of cops assigned to the capitol building, but take issue with the cops assigned to the streets.
Oldbear83
When facts reared their ugly head, Sir Quash bravely turned and fled.

Brave, brave Sir quash!
quash
Rawhide said:

quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

Carlos Cruz said:

C. Jordan said:

Carlos Cruz said:

C. Jordan said:

Carlos Cruz said:

C. Jordan said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

This is an insane lie.
What part?
All of it.

So 3 lies.

Yeah, we have. It seems, that you don't have as much of an issue with the capitol cop killing the protester, but you don't stick up for the right of the beat officer shooting a criminal for pulling a weapon.

In other words, it appears you don't have a problem with immunity of cops assigned to the capitol building, but take issue with the cops assigned to the streets.

Wrong
Porteroso
curtpenn said:

Porteroso said:

Johnny Bear said:

Canon said:

Sam Lowry said:

A violent but mostly peaceful insurrection.

Only irrational morons call 6 January an insurrection. They are the same people who think chocolate lava cake is made with actual lava.

And they're the same irrational morons who actually believe dementia Joe Biden legitimately received the most votes by far in the history of Presidential elections.

Why Republicans keep insisting that is beyond me. First of all, there were more citizens of the US this past election, than ever before, by the millions. Second, the percentage of eligible voters that voted was significantly short of our all time high. Third, Trump was probably the most divisive President we've had.

It's not hard to understand why more people voted than in recent memory. But it is hard to understand why so many lies and mistruths keep being spewed by Republicans, when the courts have thrown them out. "But some guy named Tucker says mail-in ballots are all fraud" seems to be the general argument, and it's just pathetic.
What makes you think the actions of courts are some sort of supporting evidence for your claims?

My first paragraph is just facts. This wasn't a particularly high voter turnout all time, just high for the past few decades. The courts threw out every challenge to the validity of the election except 1. It was procedural, and did not allege fraud.

If 100 cases alleging fraud are brought, and not one presents evidence of fraud, that's really good evidence that fraud on a scale that could have changed the outcome did not occur.

If you're going to claim a thing, please provide evidence. I doubt you can, because lawyers in 100 lawsuits couldn't.
Whiskey Pete
quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

Carlos Cruz said:

C. Jordan said:

Carlos Cruz said:

C. Jordan said:

Carlos Cruz said:

C. Jordan said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

This is an insane lie.
What part?
All of it.

So 3 lies.

Wrong
So you don't have an issue with street cops shooting people when their own life is threatened?
Baylor3216
Porteroso said:

This is typical democracy at work. Trump almost sparked a need for action, when he had conversations about using the National Guard to force states to throw out their results, but in the end, the generals refused. They were so adamant that their refusal to become politically involved enabled the Jan. 6 insurrection, the day they were asked to police the protest-turned-riot.

We often romanticize the politics of the past, for a variety of reasons, foremost because the victor writes the history, and rarely spends time giving the loser, or the battle, its fair due. But we have had these struggles many times, even if we rarely remember. Presidents and Congresses have grievously abused their power, over and over.

If there is anything new about the abuses of power today, it is our willingness to be victims, our lack of pride. America is more and more willing to whine and cry about perceived slights. I may be romanticizing the past, but it seems past Americans fought through injustices, only giving them the thought they needed to defeat them. MLK did not spend much time complaining about the media's treatment of him, or what the government was doing to undermine his movement. He certainly addressed those issues, but he was always pushing forward, dishing out a consistent message, no matter the opposition. He saw a united America in the future, and worked towards that.

Both political parties today seem to only see division. Because there is only good and evil, there is no desire to compromise, or work together, so they work to injure the other, and get everything they want. Instead of pushing forward, they spend time on their victimhood, creating massive injuries out of thin air. Politically, we are more or less at a stalemate, but the rhetoric paints a very different picture, each side believing itself to be the true Americans, the other working to destroy humanity.

We need to wonder, why is it that our politicians seek to divide us so? What does the government gain when it is at a stalemate, and the people hate each other?

Lmao. Wow
curtpenn
Porteroso said:

curtpenn said:

Porteroso said:

Johnny Bear said:

Canon said:

Sam Lowry said:

Only irrational morons call 6 January an insurrection. They are the same people who think chocolate lava cake is made with actual lava.

And they're the same irrational morons who actually believe dementia Joe Biden legitimately received the most votes by far in the history of Presidential elections.

Why Republicans keep insisting that is beyond me. First of all, there were more citizens of the US this past election, than ever before, by the millions. Second, the percentage of eligible voters that voted was significantly short of our all time high. Third, Trump was probably the most divisive President we've had.

It's not hard to understand why more people voted than in recent memory. But it is hard to understand why so many lies and mistruths keep being spewed by Republicans, when the courts have thrown them out. "But some guy named Tucker says mail-in ballots are all fraud" seems to be the general argument, and it's just pathetic.
What makes you think the actions of courts are some sort of supporting evidence for your claims?

My first paragraph is just facts. This wasn't a particularly high voter turnout all time, just high for the past few decades. The courts threw out every challenge to the validity of the election except 1. It was procedural, and did not allege fraud.

If 100 cases alleging fraud are brought, and not one presents evidence of fraud, that's really good evidence that fraud on a scale that could have changed the outcome did not occur.

If you're going to claim a thing, please provide evidence. I doubt you can, because lawyers in 100 lawsuits couldn't.

I make no claims here. Just simply observing and stating an opinion that the actions of courts are inherently questionable.
Sam Lowry
curtpenn said:

Porteroso said:

Johnny Bear said:

Canon said:

Sam Lowry said:

The fact that courts have rules of evidence. That they operate in public and make a record of their decisions. That the parties are free to appeal. Those are just a few reasons that come to mind.
curtpenn
Sam Lowry said:

curtpenn said:

Porteroso said:

Johnny Bear said:

Canon said:

Sam Lowry said:

The fact that courts have rules of evidence. That they operate in public and make a record of their decisions. That the parties are free to appeal. Those are just a few reasons that come to mind.

And yet they make stupid decisions from time to time.
Porteroso
curtpenn said:

Sam Lowry said:

curtpenn said:

Porteroso said:

Johnny Bear said:

Canon said:

Sam Lowry said:

Like what? When was the last time 100 lawsuits in courts around the country had it right, and every court's decision was wrong? Can you give an example? I'm not a lawyer so I don't know a whole lot. Educate me!
Sam Lowry
curtpenn said:

Sam Lowry said:

curtpenn said:

Porteroso said:

Johnny Bear said:

Canon said:

Sam Lowry said:

Yeah, but not every time. As Porter just mentioned, they've been nearly unanimous on this point.
Baylor3216
quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Carlos Cruz said:

quash said:

Carlos Cruz said:

C. Jordan said:

Carlos Cruz said:

C. Jordan said:

Carlos Cruz said:

C. Jordan said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

This is an insane lie.
What part?
All of it.

So 3 lies.

Hmmmmmm.

You didn't catch me doing anything. When you attack the Capitol in a planned attack to overturn a valid election and get shot don't try to gaslight me with the "Hey, she just wandered away from the tour group" lie.

I would have preferred they arrest her but armed law enforcement on the scene had to make the call in an instant. You, protected by the security they offer at risk of their lives, get to sit at home, get all emotional, and second guess.

Lucky you.

Why didn't they just shoot the gun out of her hand?
Oldbear83
Baylor3216 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Carlos Cruz said:

quash said:

Carlos Cruz said:

C. Jordan said:

Carlos Cruz said:

C. Jordan said:

Carlos Cruz said:

C. Jordan said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

This is an insane lie.
What part?
All of it.

So 3 lies.

Hmmmmmm.

Lucky you.

She was unarmed, which of course forced the officer to kill her.
BearTruth13
Ashley Babbit was a good shoot. If you disagree, try to break into a joint session of Congress with 15 of your buddies. Make sure to break through a barricaded door with armed guards on the other side telling you to stop.

Let me know how that goes for you. Play stupid games.
Baylor3216
Oldbear83 said:

Baylor3216 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Carlos Cruz said:

quash said:

Carlos Cruz said:

C. Jordan said:

Carlos Cruz said:

C. Jordan said:

Carlos Cruz said:

C. Jordan said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

This is an insane lie.
What part?
All of it.

So 3 lies.

Hmmmmmm.

Lucky you.

No no. Clearly sue was at risk of murdering tons of people with her weapon. They should have fired a warning shot or shot the gun out of her hand
Wrecks Quan Dough
Baylor3216 said:

Oldbear83 said:

Baylor3216 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Carlos Cruz said:

quash said:

Carlos Cruz said:

C. Jordan said:

Carlos Cruz said:

C. Jordan said:

Carlos Cruz said:

C. Jordan said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

This is an insane lie.
What part?
All of it.

So 3 lies.

Hmmmmmm.

Lucky you.

No no. Clearly sue was at risk of murdering tons of people with her weapon. They should have fired a warning shot or shot the gun out of her hand
LOL! Set phasers to stun.
curtpenn
Porteroso said:

curtpenn said:

Sam Lowry said:

curtpenn said:

Porteroso said:

Johnny Bear said:

Canon said:

Sam Lowry said:

Like what? When was the last time 100 lawsuits in courts around the country had it right, and every court's decision was wrong? Can you give an example? I'm not a lawyer so I don't know a whole lot. Educate me!

Not a lawyer either but have been involved in litigation a time or two and have seen truly stupid decisions even with a limited sample size. Can only imagine how bad it may be elsewhere.
jupiter
Nobody is going to put that much effort into stealing an election just to steal one more term. You only put in that much effort if you are trying to overthrow the entire system.

Instead of worrying so much about maintaining the integrity of the election, people should worry more about maintaining the integrity of the constitution.

Term limits are actually the more powerful filter against election fraud. The first thing tyrants do once they get a chance is to abolish term limits.

If someone tries to steal an election, take them to court, sure, but don't throw the baby out with the bath water. Term limits will eventually flush out the effects of any foul play.

To get rid of term limits, they have to create a crisis to justify the usage of emergency powers. Don't give them one.

And if someone contemplating stealing an election sees that they won't be able to get rid of term limits even if they do successfully rig an election, they are going to decide it's not worth the effort, so why even bother in the first place?
Oldbear83
Good thing Congress has term limits .... oh wait.
quash
Rawhide said:

quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

Carlos Cruz said:

C. Jordan said:

Carlos Cruz said:

C. Jordan said:

Carlos Cruz said:

C. Jordan said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

This is an insane lie.
What part?
All of it.

So 3 lies.

Wrong
So you don't have an issue with street cops shooting people when their own life is threatened?

I don't have a problem with anyone using deadly force in defense of themselves or others.
quash
curtpenn said:

Sam Lowry said:

curtpenn said:

Porteroso said:

Johnny Bear said:

Canon said:

Sam Lowry said:

And get reversed on appeal. What's your point?
Canon
quash said:

curtpenn said:

Sam Lowry said:

curtpenn said:

Porteroso said:

Johnny Bear said:

Canon said:

Sam Lowry said:

Wickard says hi....and laughs at the idea of ever being reversed. He's got a few friends that laugh along with him.
Forest Bueller_bf
Porteroso said:

This is typical democracy at work. Trump almost sparked a need for action, when he had conversations about using the National Guard to force states to throw out their results, but in the end, the generals refused. They were so adamant that their refusal to become politically involved enabled the Jan. 6 insurrection, the day they were asked to police the protest-turned-riot.

We often romanticize the politics of the past, for a variety of reasons, foremost because the victor writes the history, and rarely spends time giving the loser, or the battle, its fair due. But we have had these struggles many times, even if we rarely remember. Presidents and Congresses have grievously abused their power, over and over.

If there is anything new about the abuses of power today, it is our willingness to be victims, our lack of pride. America is more and more willing to whine and cry about perceived slights. I may be romanticizing the past, but it seems past Americans fought through injustices, only giving them the thought they needed to defeat them. MLK did not spend much time complaining about the media's treatment of him, or what the government was doing to undermine his movement. He certainly addressed those issues, but he was always pushing forward, dishing out a consistent message, no matter the opposition. He saw a united America in the future, and worked towards that.

• Both political parties today seem to only see division. Because there is only good and evil, there is no desire to compromise, or work together, so they work to injure the other, and get everything they want. Instead of pushing forward, they spend time on their victimhood, creating massive injuries out of thin air. Politically, we are more or less at a stalemate, but the rhetoric paints a very different picture, each side believing itself to be the true Americans, the other working to destroy humanity.

We need to wonder, why is it that our politicians seek to divide us so? What does the government gain when it is at a stalemate, and the people hate each other?

Quote:

Josephine Harvey
Mon, August 9, 2021, 8:26 PM

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) said she was afraid on Jan. 6 that she would be sexually assaulted if the violent pro-Trump mob that breached the U.S. Capitol that day managed to find her.

The lawmaker, who has spoken about how she hid for hours in the barricaded office of a colleague during the violence, discussed the day of the insurrection in an interview with CNN chief political correspondent Dana Bash, set to air Monday night.

"White supremacy and patriarchy are very linked in a lot of ways. There's a lot of sexualizing of that violence," Ocasio-Cortez said. "I didn't think that I was just going to be killed. I thought other things were going to happen to me as well."

Asked if she feared she was going to be raped, Ocasio-Cortez said, "Yeah, I thought I was."
She also spoke about the way racism and misogyny were deeply rooted in the Capitol attack, and how they "animated" the events that took place.
Man AOC has gotten a lot of victimhood mileage out of this one. It's allowed her to ramble on about her favorite fictional enemies. The percentage of people that actually believe in real white supremacy in the US is tiny, extremely tiny. And still not sure what her hang up is with the nuclear family unit where there is an order that holds the fabric of society together.

I'm not sure if I'm that concern about her fantasy world viewpoint of what happened at the Capital, they were going for Pence and possibly Pelosi, AOC was in a different building, in an adjacent complex. She may have perceived threat, but she is overplaying it, and in hindsight should know better. She is simply trying to score political points for her screwball ideology. She is nothing but a divider, it is all she will ever be.

But, I'm more concerned with the growing sentiment from radial progressives that the natural order needs to be broken apart. The natural order of being, which is a Mother and Father leading a household with children subject to their authority. The traditional nuclear family. In other words the glue of any properly functioning society. These idiots actual want to break down the structure that holds us together. Without this being the structure that is held up as the model or normal way a family should function, we have seen what happens in neighborhoods where that structure is broken down to be the minority of households with children, the fabric that makes that neighborhood a functioning neighborhood is broken.

Porteroso
Forest Bueller_bf said:

Porteroso said:

• Both political parties today seem to only see division. Because there is only good and evil, there is no desire to compromise, or work together, so they work to injure the other, and get everything they want. Instead of pushing forward, they spend time on their victimhood, creating massive injuries out of thin air. Politically, we are more or less at a stalemate, but the rhetoric paints a very different picture, each side believing itself to be the true Americans, the other working to destroy humanity.

Quote:

Josephine Harvey

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) said she was afraid on Jan. 6 that she would be sexually assaulted if the violent pro-Trump mob that breached the U.S. Capitol that day managed to find her.

The lawmaker, who has spoken about how she hid for hours in the barricaded office of a colleague during the violence, discussed the day of the insurrection in an interview with CNN chief political correspondent Dana Bash, set to air Monday night.

"White supremacy and patriarchy are very linked in a lot of ways. There's a lot of sexualizing of that violence," Ocasio-Cortez said. "I didn't think that I was just going to be killed. I thought other things were going to happen to me as well."

Asked if she feared she was going to be raped, Ocasio-Cortez said, "Yeah, I thought I was."
She also spoke about the way racism and misogyny were deeply rooted in the Capitol attack, and how they "animated" the events that took place.
Man AOC has gotten a lot of victimhood mileage out of this one. It's allowed her to ramble on about her favorite fictional enemies. The percentage of people that actually believe in real white supremacy in the US is tiny, extremely tiny. And still not sure what her hang up is with the nuclear family unit where there is an order that holds the fabric of society together.

I'm not sure if I'm that concern about her fantasy world viewpoint of what happened at the Capital, they were going for Pence and possibly Pelosi, AOC was in a different building, in an adjacent complex. She may have perceived threat, but she is overplaying it, and in hindsight should know better. She is simply trying to score political points for her screwball ideology. She is nothing but a divider, it is all she will ever be.

But, I'm more concerned with the growing sentiment from radial progressives that the natural order needs to be broken apart. The natural order of being, which is a Mother and Father leading a household with children subject to their authority. The traditional nuclear family. In other words the glue of any properly functioning society. These idiots actual want to break down the structure that holds us together. Without this being the structure that is held up as the model or normal way a family should function, we have seen what happens in neighborhoods where that structure is broken down to be the minority of households with children, the fabric that makes that neighborhood a functioning neighborhood is broken.
AOC gets actual letters from people saying they want to rape her. I think she is ignorant and backwards in some of her politics, but she gets to say she's afraid of being raped, when the same people who want to rape her are taking over the Capitol. It's not excessive victimization, it's just the reality of what many politicians have to endure.
quash
Canon said:

quash said:

curtpenn said:

Sam Lowry said:

curtpenn said:

Porteroso said:

Johnny Bear said:

Canon said:

Sam Lowry said:

Wickard says hi....and laughs at the idea of ever being reversed. He's got a few friends that laugh along with him.

What? You found an exception? Well, there goes the rule...
Forest Bueller_bf
Porteroso said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

Porteroso said:

Quote:

Josephine Harvey

AOC gets actual letters from people saying they want to rape her. I think she is ignorant and backwards in some of her politics, but she gets to say she's afraid of being raped, when the same people who want to rape her are taking over the Capitol. It's not excessive victimization, it's just the reality of what many politicians have to endure.
It is excessive.

Politicians who sow discord are always going to get threats. They have always gotten threats. Trump has had many threats, as I'm sure Pence, and Pelosi and Cruz and Abbott and all others have. You ever go online to see some of the nut websites and people ramble about how they are going to kill all white people when the get the chance. Those idiots exist too.

AOC can say she felt threatened she may have, but when she starts rambling about White Supremacy and Patriarchy, she is jumping the shark. She always plays the victim, then she victimizes others with her words. Condemning people as racist for nothing other than the sin of being born white.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.