Has the Clock Started?

11,138 Views | 178 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by 9b1deb4d-3b7d-4bad-9bdd-2
4th and Inches
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Waco1947 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Waco1947 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

January 6th was a rowdy, "mostly peaceful protest" other than the unarmed female protester being murdered by the Capitol policemen. Should the Dems steal another election, you people will see what a real insurrection looks like.
A violent mob. I know what my eyes saw.
Why the hell are they storming the halls and floors of congress? January 6th is more than trespassing. They were there to overturn an election at the encouragement of Trump. They believed a lie.
Show me of fraud.
An unarmed female protester was murdered and nobody cares. Your government is much more concerned with prosecuting AARP members that took selfies in Pelosi's chair. Sad state of affairs.
My eyes saw a violent mob attempting to enter the House floor. It was an attempt to violence on house members. It's not murder. She violated the law.
what law allows a cop to shoot an unarmed person to death? I missed it. Arrest and hold a trial.. dont shoot unarmed people!
quash
Oldbear83 said:

Pretending 95% of BLM protests were "peaceful" is laughably dishonest.

No kidding, it's probably over 98%.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
quash
4th and Inches said:

Waco1947 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Waco1947 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

January 6th was a rowdy, "mostly peaceful protest" other than the unarmed female protester being murdered by the Capitol policemen. Should the Dems steal another election, you people will see what a real insurrection looks like.
Why the hell are they storming the halls and floors of congress? January 6th is more than trespassing. They were there to overturn an election at the encouragement of Trump. They believed a lie.
Show me of fraud.
An unarmed female protester was murdered and nobody cares. Your government is much more concerned with prosecuting AARP members that took selfies in Pelosi's chair. Sad state of affairs.
My eyes saw a violent mob attempting to enter the House floor. It was an attempt to violence on house members. It's not murder. She violated the law.
what law allows a cop to shoot an unarmed person to death? I missed it. Arrest and hold a trial.. dont shoot unarmed people!

Graham v. Connor
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
4th and Inches
quash said:

4th and Inches said:

Waco1947 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Waco1947 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Show me of fraud.

Graham v. Connor

"given the facts known at the time, would a similarly trained and experienced officer respond in a similar fashion".

the test's "proper application requires careful attention to the facts and circumstances of each particular case."

Maybe.. seems unlikely a similarly trained officer would have shot an unarmed woman
Oldbear83
quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

You really have no idea what goes on in the real world.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
Forest Bueller_bf
muddybrazos said:

Waco1947 said:

Oldbear83 said:

Waco1947 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Waco1947 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Show me of fraud.
Strange compassion from someone claiming to be a minister.

You're much more a brownshirt than a follower of Jesus, Waco.
You are not arguing facts not in evidence.
I had compassion for the6 who died and the 4 police officers assaulted. I violator may have my compassion but not my approval. The woman who was lilled should have thought through the consequences of her trespass. She was breaking in and the police had not idea of her intro.
There were 3 cops standing right next to her. She was an unarmed 5'2 woman and the guy who shot here gave no verbal warning to her. He very easily could've walked up to her gave her an order to get on the ground or he would shoot but he skipped right to the shooting.
I've seen the replay over and over.

She WAS breaking a law.

It WAS murder.
curtpenn
Porteroso said:

It's not hard to get death threats and threats of rape and be fearful of those, when an insurrection lead by nut jobs happens.

Any reasonable person would be afraid these people would try to do what they threatened to do. I understand all politicians are threatened, but during an insurrection is the time to feel those threats might actually come true.
Perhaps more politicians should feel fear.
quash
Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

Perhaps you could cite a source for your claim. "93% of Black Lives Matter Protests Have Been Peaceful: Report | Time" https://time.com/5886348/report-peaceful-protests/?amp=true

Whiskey Pete
quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

Perhaps you could cite a source for your claim. "93% of Black Lives Matter Protests Have Been Peaceful: Report | Time" https://time.com/5886348/report-peaceful-protests/?amp=true

I would be interested to the know the number of people at each event and the dollar amount of damage caused at each, as well.

If your metric is the number of different incidents, then there's one argument
If your metric is the average number of people involved at each, then there's another argument
If your metric is the amount of damage, then there's another argument

If one guy standing on a street corner holding up a sign that read "Honk if you don't hate black people", was that counted as a peaceful protest in another area?

If, during a war, the USA dropped 100 conventional little bombs on a sparsely populated area and the enemy dropped one nuclear bomb on a densely populated area, the headlines could easily read "USA dropping more bombs than their enemy at a rate of 100 to 1', leading some to believe that the other country's bombing campaign was not as heavy handed as the USA's.

If BLMers orchastrated 2,000 small non-violent protests over there and 200 large violent riots over here.... A reasonable person could conclude that no, the protest were not mostly "peaceful", despite the metric someone chooses to use.

Oldbear83
quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

So you found a fluff piece.

Cute.

I'd suggest the wreckage of burned-down businesses and injuries caused by 'peaceful' protesters speaks rather more loudly.
quash
Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

Cute.

I'd suggest the wreckage of burned-down businesses and injuries caused by 'peaceful' protesters speaks rather more loudly.

Yes, damage is more damaging than not damaging. Thanks.
Oldbear83
quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

Cute.

Yes, damage is more damaging than not damaging. Thanks.

.. yet was largely ignored by the MSM last year.

As you know.
Porteroso
Oldbear83 said:

Oh? Do you have evidence otherwise? I read that a while back, someone had gone to the trouble of actually looking into it.

Is it possible you hear about the riots, because doom and gloom makes it on the news, but 50 people holding up signs saying "fight for equality" doesn't quite make the cut for your nightly mixmash of what's going on around the globe?
Oldbear83
A few articles of interest

'Murder rates go UP dramatically after BLM protests, study finds'

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/murder-rates-go-up-dramatically-after-blm-protests-study-finds/ar-BB1fWwzt

"many of the people putting BLM signs on their front lawns and blacking out their social media profiles are unaware of the extent of BLM fanaticism"

https://www.stanforddaily.com/2020/11/15/the-case-against-blm/

"report reveals nearly 570 violent demonstrations--riots--in nearly 220 locations spread all across country."

https://acleddata.com/acleddatanew/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/ACLED_USDataReview_Sum2020_SeptWebPDF.pdf

'The Black Lives Matter Movement Must Solve Its Violence Problem'

https://nationalinterest.org/feature/black-lives-matter-movement-must-solve-its-violence-problem-163732
Porteroso
4th and Inches said:

Waco1947 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Waco1947 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Show me of fraud.

Oh is that how it works, the law tells officers when to shoot?

Officers get to shoot for many reasons, and each department has policy. Officers have to follow the policy. When they do, it's ok, and when they don't, they are in trouble.

So you have to ask, is it against policy for a Capitol officer to fire at an insurrectionists trying to break into a session of Congress? I don't know myself, I don't have their handbook or whatever.
Porteroso
Oldbear83 said:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/murder-rates-go-up-dramatically-after-blm-protests-study-finds/ar-BB1fWwzt

"many of the people putting BLM signs on their front lawns and blacking out their social media profiles are unaware of the extent of BLM fanaticism"

"report reveals nearly 570 violent demonstrations--riots--in nearly 220 locations spread all across country."

https://acleddata.com/acleddatanew/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/ACLED_USDataReview_Sum2020_SeptWebPDF.pdf

https://nationalinterest.org/feature/black-lives-matter-movement-must-solve-its-violence-problem-163732

You're dodging the issue.
4th and Inches
Porteroso said:

4th and Inches said:

Waco1947 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Waco1947 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Show me of fraud.

Officers get to shoot for many reasons, and each department has policy. Officers have to follow the policy. When they do, it's ok, and when they don't, they are in trouble.

So you have to ask, is it against policy for a Capitol officer to fire at an insurrectionists trying to break into a session of Congress? I don't know myself, I don't have their handbook or whatever.
yes, it is against the law to shoot a person if your peers would not in the same situation.

Detain, arrest, shoot if you feel threatened and you see no other option. As other police officers have said he had other less lethal options, this probably should have been a no shoot situation.
Porteroso
4th and Inches said:

Porteroso said:

4th and Inches said:

Waco1947 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Waco1947 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Show me of fraud.

yes, it is against the law to shoot a person if your peers would not in the same situation.

Detain, arrest, shoot if you feel threatened and you see no other option. As other police officers have said he had other less lethal options, this probably should have been a no shoot situation.

Again, if he followed department policy, then he's OK, and if not, he will be in trouble. Obviously he felt threatened, that's not in question.

Can you point me to the law you're paraphrasing, the one that says shoot your gun when your peers would?
4th and Inches
Porteroso said:

4th and Inches said:

Porteroso said:

4th and Inches said:

Waco1947 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Waco1947 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Show me of fraud.

Again, if he followed department policy, then he's OK, and if not, he will be in trouble. Obviously he felt threatened, that's not in question.

Can you point me to the law you're paraphrasing, the one that says shoot your gun when your peers would?
ask Quash, he posted the case law a few days ago
Oldbear83
Porteroso said:

Oldbear83 said:

No, very much the opposite. Your darling cause celebre is a gang of violent thugs.
Porteroso
Oldbear83 said:

Porteroso said:

Oldbear83 said:

No, very much the opposite. Your darling cause celebre is a gang of violent thugs.

People who want equality are violent thugs? OK bud. Where is that evidence that less than 95% of BLM protests over last summer were peaceful?
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Porteroso said:

Oldbear83 said:

Porteroso said:

Oldbear83 said:

People who want equality are violent thugs? OK bud. Where is that evidence that less than 95% of BLM protests over last summer were peaceful?
Yes. Antifa and BLM are violent thugs. They should be treated as such and flushed.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Oldbear83
Porteroso said:

Oldbear83 said:

Porteroso said:

Oldbear83 said:

BLM was never about equality.

They are marxists

https://nypost.com/2020/06/25/blm-co-founder-describes-herself-as-trained-marxist/

They use donations for their personal gain

https://nypost.com/2021/04/10/inside-blm-co-founder-patrisse-khan-cullors-real-estate-buying-binge/

They use violence to destabilize the nation

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2020/08/31/riots-violence-erupting-turning-many-away-blm-and-protests-column/5675343002/

https://www.politicsweb.co.za/politics/blm-use-of-violence-can-be-rational--nmf

https://www.nationalreview.com/2016/07/black-lives-matter-hypocrisy-cheering-violence/

There is a reason most Americans no longer trust or support BLM. The name was always a lie, promoting something very different from their real aims and objectives.
quash
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Porteroso said:

Oldbear83 said:

Porteroso said:

Oldbear83 said:

Yes. Antifa and BLM are violent thugs. They should be treated as such and flushed.

You want to flush me? What does that mean?
quash
curtpenn said:

Porteroso said:

It's not hard to get death threats and threats of rape and be fearful of those, when an insurrection lead by nut jobs happens.

Any reasonable person would be afraid these people would try to do what they threatened to do. I understand all politicians are threatened, but during an insurrection is the time to feel those threats might actually come true.
Perhaps more politicians should feel fear.

Floyd Ray, is that you?
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
quash said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Porteroso said:

Oldbear83 said:

Porteroso said:

Oldbear83 said:

Don't ever want to sugarcoat, Mr. Libertarian, but I think it means you are a turd!
And when you lay with the dogs, you usually get fleas.

-- Barack Obama
jupiter
it's not good vs bad or black and white.

It's a more like a complex system failure. More like you're trying to save a patient who has long had a chronic condition but is now additionally suffering from multiple chronic conditions.

it's like the brain trying to get revenge on the lungs by going into a coma because the lungs are failing.

Revenge, hatred, fear. It can poison anyone. We don't need to defeat the other side. We need all parts of the 'body" to get healthier together.

quash
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

quash said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Porteroso said:

Oldbear83 said:

Porteroso said:

Oldbear83 said:

Don't ever want to sugarcoat, Mr. Libertarian, but I think it means you are a turd!

So you want to drown me for a peaceful march, a peaceful rally, and a neighborhood clean up? Or because 7% of last summer's protests turned violent you want to drown the participants in the peaceful 93%, Mr. Living in Fear?
Whiskey Pete
quash said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

quash said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Porteroso said:

Oldbear83 said:

Porteroso said:

Oldbear83 said:

So you want to drown me for a peaceful march, a peaceful rally, and a neighborhood clean up? Or because 7% of last summer's protests turned violent you want to drown the participants in the peaceful 93%, Mr. Living in Fear?

615 people have been charged in connection with the Capitol Building incident on Jan 6th. Can't find it now, but I saw an estimate of 800 people entered the building, but I'll go head and double the amount (going off the number of those that have been charged) to 1,200.

Can't find an accurate estimate of the crowd at Trump's rally that day, but 30,000 were expected, so I'll use that figure.

1,200 people out of 30,000 represent 4%.

So, I'm glad to know, using your logic, that you think Trump's protest/rally was mostly peaceful on Jan 6th.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Rawhide said:

quash said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

quash said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Porteroso said:

Oldbear83 said:

Porteroso said:

Oldbear83 said:

615 people have been charged in connection with the Capitol Building incident on Jan 6th. Can't find it now, but I saw an estimate of 800 people entered the building, but I'll go head and double the amount (going off the number of those that have been charged) to 1,200.

Can't find an accurate estimate of the crowd at Trump's rally that day, but 30,000 were expected, so I'll use that figure.

So, I'm glad to know, using your logic, that you think Trump's protest/rally was mostly peaceful on Jan 6th.
Don't fear those Grannies and Granpas wearing MAGA hats armed to the teeth with I-phones! They won't hurt you. Am so glad we have used our intelligence to root out all of these domestic terrorists.

P.S.- When is the cop that murdered the unarmed woman going to be charged?

-- Barack Obama
Whiskey Pete
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

quash said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Porteroso said:

Oldbear83 said:

Porteroso said:

Oldbear83 said:

Don't fear those Grannies and Granpas wearing MAGA hats armed to the teeth with I-phones! They won't hurt you. Am so glad we have used our intelligence to root out all of these domestic terrorists.

P.S.- When is the cop that murdered the unarmed woman going to be charged?
I just wonder when they'll release his name
Porteroso
Oldbear83 said:

Porteroso said:

Oldbear83 said:

Porteroso said:

Oldbear83 said:

They are marxists

https://nypost.com/2020/06/25/blm-co-founder-describes-herself-as-trained-marxist/

https://nypost.com/2021/04/10/inside-blm-co-founder-patrisse-khan-cullors-real-estate-buying-binge/

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2020/08/31/riots-violence-erupting-turning-many-away-blm-and-protests-column/5675343002/

https://www.nationalreview.com/2016/07/black-lives-matter-hypocrisy-cheering-violence/

There is a reason most Americans no longer trust or support BLM. The name was always a lie, promoting something very different from their real aims and objectives.

You've fallen for the right wing narrative. There are plenty of bad actors who try to take over good movements for personal gain, but that does not affect the movement itself.

There were people like you who criticized the civil rights movement after Dr King was assassinated. There were bad actors who tried to monetize it, and it gave people like you an excuse to dismiss the entire movement.

"See, Dr King just wanted to get rich! It was never about civil rights!" - oldbear in 1968
Oldbear83
Porteroso said:

Oldbear83 said:

Porteroso said:

Oldbear83 said:

Porteroso said:

Oldbear83 said:

They are marxists

You've fallen for the right wing narrative. There are plenty of bad actors who try to take over good movements for personal gain, but that does not affect the movement itself.

There were people like you who criticized the civil rights movement after Dr King was assassinated. There were bad actors who tried to monetize it, and it gave people like you an excuse to dismiss the entire movement.

"See, Dr King just wanted to get rich! It was never about civil rights!" - oldbear in 1968
Claiming I or my family did or would have opposed civil rights is complete BS and I resent the cheap shot.

It's fine that you like BLM, but that last post was just slimy, Porteroso.

Show me one time - ever - that I posted a racist comment here on SicEm365, or apologize for that slander.

My guess is you will just slink away and pretend you didn't say it.
Porteroso
Oldbear83 said:

Porteroso said:

Oldbear83 said:

Porteroso said:

Oldbear83 said:

Porteroso said:

Oldbear83 said:

They are marxists

Claiming I or my family did or would have opposed civil rights is complete BS and I resent the cheap shot.

Show me one time - ever - that I posted a racist comment here on SicEm365, or apologize for that slander.

I'm drawing comparisons to like situations. It's not rocket science. If you are against a movement named "black lives matter" in 2021, because some bad actors tried to monetize it, I can't imagine you supported the Civil Rights movement in the 1960s.

And don't pretend you actually want a response. You ignore the points I make in favor of straw man arguments.
Oldbear83
Porteroso said:

Oldbear83 said:

Porteroso said:

Oldbear83 said:

Porteroso said:

Oldbear83 said:

Porteroso said:

Oldbear83 said:

They are marxists

I'm drawing comparisons to like situations. It's not rocket science. If you are against a movement named "black lives matter" in 2021, because some bad actors tried to monetize it, I can't imagine you supported the Civil Rights movement in the 1960s.

And don't pretend you actually want a response. You ignore the points I make in favor of straw man arguments.

You made no points. You falsely equated BLM with MLK then tried to stick a fake 'racist' label on me.

You only show a pathetic lack of knowledge, a malicious disregard for truth, or both.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.