Has the Clock Started?

11,109 Views | 178 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by 9b1deb4d-3b7d-4bad-9bdd-2
Whiskey Pete
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Forest Bueller_bf said:

Porteroso said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

Porteroso said:

This is typical democracy at work. Trump almost sparked a need for action, when he had conversations about using the National Guard to force states to throw out their results, but in the end, the generals refused. They were so adamant that their refusal to become politically involved enabled the Jan. 6 insurrection, the day they were asked to police the protest-turned-riot.

We often romanticize the politics of the past, for a variety of reasons, foremost because the victor writes the history, and rarely spends time giving the loser, or the battle, its fair due. But we have had these struggles many times, even if we rarely remember. Presidents and Congresses have grievously abused their power, over and over.

If there is anything new about the abuses of power today, it is our willingness to be victims, our lack of pride. America is more and more willing to whine and cry about perceived slights. I may be romanticizing the past, but it seems past Americans fought through injustices, only giving them the thought they needed to defeat them. MLK did not spend much time complaining about the media's treatment of him, or what the government was doing to undermine his movement. He certainly addressed those issues, but he was always pushing forward, dishing out a consistent message, no matter the opposition. He saw a united America in the future, and worked towards that.

• Both political parties today seem to only see division. Because there is only good and evil, there is no desire to compromise, or work together, so they work to injure the other, and get everything they want. Instead of pushing forward, they spend time on their victimhood, creating massive injuries out of thin air. Politically, we are more or less at a stalemate, but the rhetoric paints a very different picture, each side believing itself to be the true Americans, the other working to destroy humanity.

We need to wonder, why is it that our politicians seek to divide us so? What does the government gain when it is at a stalemate, and the people hate each other?

Quote:

Josephine Harvey
Mon, August 9, 2021, 8:26 PM

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) said she was afraid on Jan. 6 that she would be sexually assaulted if the violent pro-Trump mob that breached the U.S. Capitol that day managed to find her.

The lawmaker, who has spoken about how she hid for hours in the barricaded office of a colleague during the violence, discussed the day of the insurrection in an interview with CNN chief political correspondent Dana Bash, set to air Monday night.

"White supremacy and patriarchy are very linked in a lot of ways. There's a lot of sexualizing of that violence," Ocasio-Cortez said. "I didn't think that I was just going to be killed. I thought other things were going to happen to me as well."

Asked if she feared she was going to be raped, Ocasio-Cortez said, "Yeah, I thought I was."
She also spoke about the way racism and misogyny were deeply rooted in the Capitol attack, and how they "animated" the events that took place.
Man AOC has gotten a lot of victimhood mileage out of this one. It's allowed her to ramble on about her favorite fictional enemies. The percentage of people that actually believe in real white supremacy in the US is tiny, extremely tiny. And still not sure what her hang up is with the nuclear family unit where there is an order that holds the fabric of society together.

I'm not sure if I'm that concern about her fantasy world viewpoint of what happened at the Capital, they were going for Pence and possibly Pelosi, AOC was in a different building, in an adjacent complex. She may have perceived threat, but she is overplaying it, and in hindsight should know better. She is simply trying to score political points for her screwball ideology. She is nothing but a divider, it is all she will ever be.

But, I'm more concerned with the growing sentiment from radial progressives that the natural order needs to be broken apart. The natural order of being, which is a Mother and Father leading a household with children subject to their authority. The traditional nuclear family. In other words the glue of any properly functioning society. These idiots actual want to break down the structure that holds us together. Without this being the structure that is held up as the model or normal way a family should function, we have seen what happens in neighborhoods where that structure is broken down to be the minority of households with children, the fabric that makes that neighborhood a functioning neighborhood is broken.
AOC gets actual letters from people saying they want to rape her. I think she is ignorant and backwards in some of her politics, but she gets to say she's afraid of being raped, when the same people who want to rape her are taking over the Capitol. It's not excessive victimization, it's just the reality of what many politicians have to endure.
It is excessive.

Politicians who sow discord are always going to get threats. They have always gotten threats. Trump has had many threats, as I'm sure Pence, and Pelosi and Cruz and Abbott and all others have. You ever go online to see some of the nut websites and people ramble about how they are going to kill all white people when the get the chance. Those idiots exist too.

AOC can say she felt threatened she may have, but when she starts rambling about White Supremacy and Patriarchy, she is jumping the shark. She always plays the victim, then she victimizes others with her words. Condemning people as racist for nothing other than the sin of being born white.
It's hard to be a democrat and not be a victim at the same time.
Porteroso
It's not hard to get death threats and threats of rape and be fearful of those, when an insurrection lead by nut jobs happens.

Any reasonable person would be afraid these people would try to do what they threatened to do. I understand all politicians are threatened, but during an insurrection is the time to feel those threats might actually come true.
Wrecks Quan Dough
Porteroso said:

It's not hard to get death threats and threats of rape and be fearful of those, when an insurrection lead by nut jobs happens.

Any reasonable person would be afraid these people would try to do what they threatened to do. I understand all politicians are threatened, but during an insurrection is the time to feel those threats might actually come true.
Was it a Democrat insurrection when Steve Scalise was shot on a baseball field? Was it a Democrat insurrection when Rand Paul's neighbor went after him?

Seems like more politicians get hurt when Democrats attack than when people trespass in the Capitol.
Porteroso
Carlos Cruz said:

Porteroso said:

Was it a Democrat insurrection when Steve Scalise was shot on a baseball field? Was it a Democrat insurrection when Rand Paul's neighbor went after him?

Seems like more politicians get hurt when Democrats attack than when people trespass in the Capitol.

Don't compare Rand Paul's bitter 17 year feud with his neighbor that ended in a sucker punch to people sending a lady letters describing how they want to rape her. Please, get ahold of reality.

And no matter what has ever happened in all of time, AOC gets to be scared when an insurrection comes to the Capitol. You can find plenty of other excessive victimizations, but this one is for real.
Wrecks Quan Dough
Porteroso said:

Carlos Cruz said:

Porteroso said:

Don't compare Rand Paul's bitter 17 year feud with his neighbor that ended in a sucker punch to people sending a lady letters describing how they want to rape her. Please, get ahold of reality.

When Democrats attack and injure Senators, the attack can be an insurrection. In fact, it is probably more likely to be an insurrection when a Congressman gets hurt than when a lot of Congress people are nearby but are not injured by trespassers.
4th and Inches
Carlos Cruz said:

Porteroso said:

Carlos Cruz said:

Porteroso said:

When Democrats attack and injure Senators, the attack can be an insurrection. In fact, it is probably more likely to be an insurrection when a Congressman gets hurt than when a lot of Congress people are nearby but are not injured by trespassers.
was it cool when Ms Waters repeatedly tells her supporters to attack supporters of the opposition? What about when the mobs last year harrassed GOP congressmen?

The FBI/DOJ should deal with the letter senders but her claim of fear during the J6 protest is silly, she wasnt at or near the capital building.
Wrecks Quan Dough
4th and Inches said:

Carlos Cruz said:

Porteroso said:

Carlos Cruz said:

Porteroso said:

was it cool when Ms Waters repeatedly tells her supporters to attack supporters of the opposition? What about when the mobs last year harrassed GOP congressmen?

The FBI/DOJ should deal with the letter senders but her claim of fear during the J6 protest is silly, she wasnt at or near the capital building.
AOC:Jan 6 Capitol Building as Chelsea Clinton:9/11 WTC Towers
Oldbear83
"Please, get ahold of reality."

Irony - That post from Porteroso.

That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
Whiskey Pete
Porteroso said:

Carlos Cruz said:

Porteroso said:

And no matter what has ever happened in all of time, AOC gets to be scared when an insurrection comes to the Capitol. You can find plenty of other excessive victimizations, but this one is for real.
Insurrection - LOL

But hey, it's cute you think that unarmed trespassers who took selfies with cops tried to overturn the government
Forest Bueller_bf
Oldbear83 said:

"Please, get ahold of reality."

Irony - That post from Porteroso.

Reality is people who rail against a group for no sin other than being born a certain race or a certain gender, or practice a certain religion, have people threaten them. Are they virtually always false threats, yes of course.

All leaders get threats. It's a sad part of the landscape, but it is reality.

For one to always make it about themselves is the only thing that stands out about AOC.

1/6 wasn't about AOC, she wasn't even involved, but she somehow makes it about herself.

Possibly she should retire from politics. That would get her out of the spotlight.
Canon
quash said:

Canon said:

quash said:

curtpenn said:

Sam Lowry said:

curtpenn said:

Porteroso said:

Johnny Bear said:

Canon said:

Sam Lowry said:

A violent but mostly peaceful insurrection.

Only irrational morons call 6 January an insurrection. They are the same people who think chocolate lava cake is made with actual lava.

And they're the same irrational morons who actually believe dementia Joe Biden legitimately received the most votes by far in the history of Presidential elections.

Why Republicans keep insisting that is beyond me. First of all, there were more citizens of the US this past election, than ever before, by the millions. Second, the percentage of eligible voters that voted was significantly short of our all time high. Third, Trump was probably the most divisive President we've had.

It's not hard to understand why more people voted than in recent memory. But it is hard to understand why so many lies and mistruths keep being spewed by Republicans, when the courts have thrown them out. "But some guy named Tucker says mail-in ballots are all fraud" seems to be the general argument, and it's just pathetic.
What makes you think the actions of courts are some sort of supporting evidence for your claims?
The fact that courts have rules of evidence. That they operate in public and make a record of their decisions. That the parties are free to appeal. Those are just a few reasons that come to mind.

And yet they make stupid decisions from time to time.

And get reversed on appeal. What's your point?

Wickard says hi....and laughs at the idea of ever being reversed. He's got a few friends that laugh along with him.

What? You found an exception? Well, there goes the rule...

Wickard isn't 'an' exception....it's more THE EXCEPTION. At least the modern exception. I suppose if Marbury v. Madison had been decided correctly, there'd be no Wickard. But since no judge will give up god-like power, there are others, of course:

1. Marburg
2. Smith v. Maryland
3. Kelo
4. Bennis v. Michigan
5. Roe v. Wade

There's lots of bad law that doesn't get reversed and shapes lots of other bad laws.
Sam Lowry
Canon said:

quash said:

Canon said:

quash said:

curtpenn said:

Sam Lowry said:

curtpenn said:

Porteroso said:

Johnny Bear said:

Canon said:

Sam Lowry said:

Only irrational morons call 6 January an insurrection. They are the same people who think chocolate lava cake is made with actual lava.

And they're the same irrational morons who actually believe dementia Joe Biden legitimately received the most votes by far in the history of Presidential elections.

Why Republicans keep insisting that is beyond me. First of all, there were more citizens of the US this past election, than ever before, by the millions. Second, the percentage of eligible voters that voted was significantly short of our all time high. Third, Trump was probably the most divisive President we've had.

It's not hard to understand why more people voted than in recent memory. But it is hard to understand why so many lies and mistruths keep being spewed by Republicans, when the courts have thrown them out. "But some guy named Tucker says mail-in ballots are all fraud" seems to be the general argument, and it's just pathetic.
What makes you think the actions of courts are some sort of supporting evidence for your claims?
The fact that courts have rules of evidence. That they operate in public and make a record of their decisions. That the parties are free to appeal. Those are just a few reasons that come to mind.

Wickard says hi....and laughs at the idea of ever being reversed. He's got a few friends that laugh along with him.

Wickard isn't 'an' exception....it's more THE EXCEPTION. At least the modern exception. I suppose if Marbury v. Madison had been decided correctly, there'd be no Wickard. But since no judge will give up god-like power, there are others, of course:

1. Marburg
2. Smith v. Maryland
3. Kelo
4. Bennis v. Michigan
5. Roe v. Wade

There's lots of bad law that doesn't get reversed and shapes lots of other bad laws.
God-like power. You mean like the power to arbitrarily overturn an election?
Canon
Sam Lowry said:

Canon said:

quash said:

Canon said:

quash said:

curtpenn said:

Sam Lowry said:

curtpenn said:

Porteroso said:

Johnny Bear said:

Canon said:

Sam Lowry said:

1. Marburg
2. Smith v. Maryland
3. Kelo
4. Bennis v. Michigan
5. Roe v. Wade

I'll let a justice explain it to you:

"We are not final because we are infallible, but we are infallible only because we are final." - Robert Jackson

Sam Lowry
Canon said:

Sam Lowry said:

Canon said:

quash said:

Canon said:

quash said:

curtpenn said:

Sam Lowry said:

curtpenn said:

Porteroso said:

Johnny Bear said:

Canon said:

Sam Lowry said:

1. Marburg
2. Smith v. Maryland
3. Kelo
4. Bennis v. Michigan
5. Roe v. Wade

"We are not final because we are infallible, but we are infallible only because we are final." - Robert Jackson

So what's the "bad law" that you disagree with in the Trump cases?
Canon
Sam Lowry said:

Canon said:

Sam Lowry said:

Canon said:

quash said:

Canon said:

quash said:

curtpenn said:

Sam Lowry said:

curtpenn said:

Porteroso said:

Johnny Bear said:

Canon said:

Sam Lowry said:

1. Marburg
2. Smith v. Maryland
3. Kelo
4. Bennis v. Michigan
5. Roe v. Wade

So what's the "bad law" that you disagree with in the Trump cases?

Take Trump's p3nis out of your mouth and move on.
Sam Lowry
You might want to listen to your own advice. I'm not the one trying to re-litigate 2020.
Canon
Sam Lowry said:

You might want to listen to your own advice. I'm not the one trying to re-litigate 2020.

You brought him up, not me. You like bringing him up...
Sam Lowry
Canon said:

Sam Lowry said:

You brought him up, not me. You like bringing him up...
I didn't, but whatever.
quash
Canon said:

quash said:

Canon said:

quash said:

curtpenn said:

Sam Lowry said:

curtpenn said:

Porteroso said:

Johnny Bear said:

Canon said:

Sam Lowry said:

1. Marburg
2. Smith v. Maryland
3. Kelo
4. Bennis v. Michigan
5. Roe v. Wade

Because you can make a list?

Tell me why the dozens and dozens of courts have been wrong about the 2020 election.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Waco1947
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

January 6th was a rowdy, "mostly peaceful protest" other than the unarmed female protester being murdered by the Capitol policemen. Should the Dems steal another election, you people will see what a real insurrection looks like.
A violent mob. I know what my eyes saw.
Why the hell are they storming the halls and floors of congress? January 6th is more than trespassing. They were there to overturn an election at the encouragement of Trump. They believed a lie.
Show me of fraud.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Waco1947 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

January 6th was a rowdy, "mostly peaceful protest" other than the unarmed female protester being murdered by the Capitol policemen. Should the Dems steal another election, you people will see what a real insurrection looks like.
Why the hell are they storming the halls and floors of congress? January 6th is more than trespassing. They were there to overturn an election at the encouragement of Trump. They believed a lie.
Show me of fraud.
An unarmed female protester was murdered and nobody cares. Your government is much more concerned with prosecuting AARP members that took selfies in Pelosi's chair. Sad state of affairs.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
HuMcK
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Waco1947 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Show me of fraud.
An unarmed female protester was murdered and nobody cares. Your government is much more concerned with prosecuting AARP members that took selfies in Pelosi's chair. Sad state of affairs.

"Protestors are rat people who should be shot"

Q Anon fanatic gets shot trying for breaking into the Capitol and threatening violence against Congress upon Trump's instigation.

"No, not those protestors..."
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
HuMcK said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Waco1947 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Show me of fraud.

"Protestors are rat people who should be shot"

Q Anon fanatic gets shot trying for breaking into the Capitol and threatening violence against Congress upon Trump's instigation.

"No, not those protestors..."
It does not matter if she was Q, BLM, or EIEIO. The woman was unarmed. Why was she a threat to the Capitol Police that had guns? You people are hypocrites.

Yes, looters and arsonists should be be shot on site. Screw the rubber bullets. I much prefer the term animals over rat people.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
4th and Inches
Waco1947 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Show me of fraud.
got a mirror?
Porteroso
Rawhide said:

Porteroso said:

Carlos Cruz said:

Porteroso said:

Insurrection - LOL

But hey, it's cute you think that unarmed trespassers who took selfies with cops tried to overturn the government
I guess according to you, had they succeeded, it would have been a cute coup. That actually is a pretty cute phrase, well done.

I know it's an insurrection because the insurrectionists publicly stated that their goal was to overturn the vote of the people. When they say it out loud, we don't have to wonder what they were trying to accomplish, we just recognize what happened. It's history now, and it was an insurrection.

But sure, keep whining about your selfies like it's an actual argument. I'm sure it makes you feel better.
Whiskey Pete
Porteroso said:

Rawhide said:

Porteroso said:

Carlos Cruz said:

Porteroso said:

Insurrection - LOL

I guess according to you, had they succeeded, it would have been a cute coup. That actually is a pretty cute phrase, well done.

I know it's an insurrection because the insurrectionists publicly stated that their goal was to overturn the vote of the people. When they say it out loud, we don't have to wonder what they were trying to accomplish, we just recognize what happened. It's history now, and it was an insurrection.

But sure, keep whining about your selfies like it's an actual argument. I'm sure it makes you feel better.
But hey, let me guess the summer of insurrection last year, actually wasn't..... right pumpkin?
Porteroso
Rawhide said:

Porteroso said:

Rawhide said:

Porteroso said:

Carlos Cruz said:

Porteroso said:

Insurrection - LOL

But hey, let me guess the summer of insurrection last year, actually wasn't..... right pumpkin?
Pumpkin? Do you get punched in the face often? lol this guy over here thinking he's talking to his granddaughter. I'm glad you've got endearing language in your arsenal, maybe save it for when you're not absolutely wrong and only have insults to throw around?

If you're referring to Portland, yes, that was a clearly armed insurrection. If you're referring to the 95% of peaceful BLM protests, which you would love to lump together with the Portland insurrection, those were the most American thing ever. Does that clear it up for you?
Oldbear83
Pretending 95% of BLM protests were "peaceful" is laughably dishonest.
Waco1947
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Waco1947 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Show me of fraud.
My eyes saw a violent mob attempting to enter the House floor. It was an attempt to violence on house members. It's not murder. She violated the law.
Oldbear83
Waco1947 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Waco1947 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Show me of fraud.
My eyes saw a violent mob attempting to enter the House floor. It was an attempt to violence on house members. It's not murder. She violated the law.
Strange compassion from someone claiming to be a minister.

You're much more a brownshirt than a follower of Jesus, Waco.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Waco1947 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Waco1947 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Show me of fraud.
That about as stupid as saying George Floyd deserved to die for trying to pass a counterfeit $20 bill.
Waco1947
Oldbear83 said:

Waco1947 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Waco1947 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Show me of fraud.

You are not arguing facts not in evidence.
I had compassion for the6 who died and the 4 police officers assaulted. I violator may have my compassion but not my approval. The woman who was lilled should have thought through the consequences of her trespass. She was breaking in and the police had not idea of her intro.
muddybrazos
Waco1947 said:

Oldbear83 said:

Waco1947 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Waco1947 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Show me of fraud.

I had compassion for the6 who died and the 4 police officers assaulted. I violator may have my compassion but not my approval. The woman who was lilled should have thought through the consequences of her trespass. She was breaking in and the police had not idea of her intro.
There were 3 cops standing right next to her. She was an unarmed 5'2 woman and the guy who shot here gave no verbal warning to her. He very easily could've walked up to her gave her an order to get on the ground or he would shoot but he skipped right to the shooting.
Oldbear83
Waco1947 said:

Oldbear83 said:

Waco1947 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Waco1947 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Show me of fraud.

BS. She was unarmed, in plain view and given her size and position represented no threat at all. Witnesses have reported the officer did not identify himself before firing.

Just admit you are a bloodthirsty hater, Waco. The honesty would be a refreshing change from your usual style.
Canon
quash said:

Canon said:

quash said:

Canon said:

quash said:

curtpenn said:

Sam Lowry said:

curtpenn said:

Porteroso said:

Johnny Bear said:

Canon said:

Sam Lowry said:

1. Marburg
2. Smith v. Maryland
3. Kelo
4. Bennis v. Michigan
5. Roe v. Wade

Because you can make a list?

Tell me why the dozens and dozens of courts have been wrong about the 2020 election.

I can make a list because your statement was stupid. I was responding to your stupid statement.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.