Mark Milley - Chairman of the Joint Chiefs

18,484 Views | 326 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Osodecentx
4th and Inches
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

LateSteak69 said:

maybe trumps isn't that much of a danger. I mean, while the other 3 living and able presidents were together on 9/11 paying their respects, trumps was calling a low rent pay per view boxing event.

mentally deranged and slow, no doubt. he's too dumb to think 3 steps ahead. all clear.
if you think so.. ask FDNY where Trump was on 9/11 hoss
Where?

https://newyork.cbslocal.com/2021/09/12/donald-trump-9-11-nypd-fdny-visit/

10 second google search
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
LateSteak69
Rawhide said:

Wangchung said:

Rawhide said:

LateSteak69 said:

Rawhide said:

LateSteak69 said:

Rawhide said:

LateSteak69 said:

Rawhide said:

LateSteak69 said:

maybe trumps isn't that much of a danger. I mean, while the other 3 living and able presidents were together on 9/11 paying their respects, trumps was calling a low rent pay per view boxing event.

mentally deranged and slow, no doubt. he's too dumb to think 3 steps ahead. all clear.
So you're still stuck on Trump's dick? Not surprising.
i wish. no room with your hoover going full blast.
Not surprising that vacuum cleaner is the closest thing you can get to a woman; or a man, if that's your thing.
its your hoover, sir. You are so extremely dull.

now take a break from hoover-ing, and go get me a fresca. now.
You've been sniffin' too much underwear.

Now!
now, what *******?
Apparently he is demanding a Fresca in his manliest tone.
LOL.... Sounds like he needs his diaper changed
still need my refreshments, now hop to it douchcanoe!
Booray
Milley to give his side of the story on Sept. 28: https://www.yahoo.com/news/milley-calls-china-were-perfectly-111251023.html
Whiskey Pete
LateSteak69 said:

Rawhide said:

Wangchung said:

Rawhide said:

LateSteak69 said:

Rawhide said:

LateSteak69 said:

Rawhide said:

LateSteak69 said:

Rawhide said:

LateSteak69 said:

Not surprising that vacuum cleaner is the closest thing you can get to a woman; or a man, if that's your thing.

Now!
now, what *******?
None until your mom changes your diaper, son.
Osodecentx
Booray said:

Milley to give his side of the story on Sept. 28: https://www.yahoo.com/news/milley-calls-china-were-perfectly-111251023.html
I think Jennifer Griffin of Fox News is great. Her reporting supports Milley's statement that the DoD was informed. Who did/should the DoD inform?
LateSteak69
Rawhide said:

LateSteak69 said:

Rawhide said:

Wangchung said:

Rawhide said:

LateSteak69 said:

Rawhide said:

LateSteak69 said:

Rawhide said:

LateSteak69 said:

Rawhide said:

LateSteak69 said:

Now!
now, what *******?
she already did. now go get me my fresco, boy.
whitetrash
LateSteak69 said:

Rawhide said:

LateSteak69 said:

Rawhide said:

Wangchung said:

Rawhide said:

LateSteak69 said:

Rawhide said:

LateSteak69 said:

Rawhide said:

LateSteak69 said:

Rawhide said:

LateSteak69 said:

Now!
now, what *******?
Here you go:

Wangchung
Rawhide said:

LateSteak69 said:

Rawhide said:

Wangchung said:

Rawhide said:

LateSteak69 said:

Rawhide said:

LateSteak69 said:

Rawhide said:

LateSteak69 said:

Rawhide said:

LateSteak69 said:

Now!
now, what *******?
Careful. You don't want any of that Biederman action.
Whiskey Pete
LateSteak69 said:

Rawhide said:

LateSteak69 said:

Rawhide said:

Wangchung said:

Rawhide said:

LateSteak69 said:

Rawhide said:

LateSteak69 said:

Rawhide said:

LateSteak69 said:

Rawhide said:

LateSteak69 said:

Now!
now, what *******?
Geesh, you're an idiot, now go get your own ***** drink.
whiterock
Rawhide said:

LateSteak69 said:

Rawhide said:

LateSteak69 said:

Rawhide said:

Wangchung said:

Rawhide said:

LateSteak69 said:

Rawhide said:

LateSteak69 said:

Rawhide said:

LateSteak69 said:

Rawhide said:

LateSteak69 said:

Now!
now, what *******?
Geesh, you're an idiot, now go get your own ***** drink.

Kinda hard to drink a fresco

4th and Inches
Osodecentx said:

Booray said:

I think Jennifer Griffin of Fox News is great. Her reporting supports Milley's statement that the DoD was informed. Who did/should the DoD inform?
Sec of Def should be in the loop which means POTUS as well. That happen?
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
Redbrickbear
https://www.theamericanconservative.com/state-of-the-union/top-general-promised-to-spy-for-ccp-in-event-of-conflict-with-us/

That same day, the chairman summoned senior military officials to his office in the Pentagon for a secret meeting. Despite the fact that the chairman of the joint chiefs is not legally vested with any command authority, and that the president is the sole legal commander-in-chief of the United States Armed Forces, "Milley instructed them not to take orders from anyone unless he was involved."

Milley then went down the line, looking each man in the eye and demanding he confirm and assent. Woodward and coauthor Bob Costa write: "Milley considered it an oath." (Presumably to him, not to the Constitution or anything silly like that.)
Osodecentx
4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

Booray said:

Yes.
Notes of the calls were taken and a summary note was sent to the Defense secretary and the intelligence community, the official said.

But Fox News spoke with multiple individuals who were in the room during the two phone calls Milley had with Li. The calls were coordinated with the Defense secretary's office.
"They were not secret," a U.S. official told Fox News about the calls, which took place over video teleconference.
Fox News has learned there were about 15 people present for the calls. Sources told Fox News that there were multiple notetakers present, and said the calls were both conducted with full knowledge of then-Defense Secretary Mark Esper and then-acting Defense Secretary Chris Miller.
A U.S. official familiar said Milley routinely calls his Chinese and Russian counterparts, and explained that he has been speaking to Li for about five years. The source said this is normal for the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.
According to the official, there was full civilian oversight of the phone calls, including a representative of the State Department and Milley's political adviser. Notes of the calls were taken and a summary note was sent to the Defense secretary and the intelligence community, the official said.
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/milley-chinese-counterpart-phone-calls-senate-testimony
Wrecks Quan Dough
Hasn't Vindmann already pronounced judgment? I don't know why y'all continue to talk about this.
quash
Redbrickbear said:

https://www.theamericanconservative.com/state-of-the-union/top-general-promised-to-spy-for-ccp-in-event-of-conflict-with-us/

That same day, the chairman summoned senior military officials to his office in the Pentagon for a secret meeting. Despite the fact that the chairman of the joint chiefs is not legally vested with any command authority, and that the president is the sole legal commander-in-chief of the United States Armed Forces, "Milley instructed them not to take orders from anyone unless he was involved."

Milley then went down the line, looking each man in the eye and demanding he confirm and assent. Woodward and coauthor Bob Costa write: "Milley considered it an oath." (Presumably to him, not to the Constitution or anything silly like that.)

If you believe that Pres. Biden is mentally incompetent you should support this end run around the Constitution.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
whiterock
The overlooked context of Milley's actions are perhaps the most influential.

It was Democrats who were ranting & raving about Trump trying to seize power, trying to start a war, trying to launch nukes, etc.....to remain in power. Such rhetoric.....including explicit public statements from the third highest ranking elected official in the country (House Speaker) demanding that our military seize control of the nuclear football to prevent a deranged POTUS from lashing out in anger.....can hardly reassure allies and enemies alike about the stability of the USG. In such a context, reaching out to reassuring allies/adversaries that political rhetoric reported in press did not reflect reality would make sense.

In other words, regardless what words/assurances were actually uttered, Milley likely acted AT LEAST as much to placate Pelosi than to address any concerns HE actually had about Trump.

That's still a problem, just not for the exact reasons being most often cited.
Whiskey Pete
quash said:

Redbrickbear said:

If you believe that Pres. Biden is mentally incompetent you should support this end run around the Constitution.
What a stupid statement, even for you.

So, do you support this run around the constitution?
ATL Bear
quash said:

Redbrickbear said:

You don't need an "end run" around the constitution. It has a mechanism for it.
jupiter
to state (what should be) the obvious

Osodecentx
jupiter said:

Did he break the rules? Jennifer Griffin of Fox reports differently

But Fox News spoke with multiple individuals who were in the room during the two phone calls Milley had with Li. The calls were coordinated with the Defense secretary's office.
"They were not secret," a U.S. official told Fox News about the calls, which took place over video teleconference.
Fox News has learned there were about 15 people present for the calls. Sources told Fox News that there were multiple notetakers present, and said the calls were both conducted with full knowledge of then-Defense Secretary Mark Esper and then-acting Defense Secretary Chris Miller.
A U.S. official familiar said Milley routinely calls his Chinese and Russian counterparts, and explained that he has been speaking to Li for about five years. The source said this is normal for the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.
According to the official, there was full civilian oversight of the phone calls, including a representative of the State Department and Milley's political adviser. Notes of the calls were taken and a summary note was sent to the Defense secretary and the intelligence community, the official said.
"This was not done like some sort of conspiratorial thing," another participant who overheard the conversation told Fox News.
According to those familiar, the October phone call had several topics, one of which focused on the election. The Chinese, according to the sources, were concerned about, what they saw as, instability in the U.S. system. Milley, according to a source, reassured his counterpart that the U.S. is a stable democracy.
Another source said the call was in the context of assuring adversaries that the United States were not planning any military action.
Fox News has learned that Milley had up to 20 phone calls with Li and NATO allies in the wake of the Jan. 6 riot in an effort to reassure them that the U.S. government was stable, and to reassure China that the U.S. did not plan a surprise attack all in an effort to lower tensions with China during the interim period between the election and inauguration, and to project stability so that adversaries of the U.S. did not take advantage of the domestic turmoil during that period.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/milley-chinese-counterpart-phone-calls-senate-testimony
Porteroso
Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

Booray said:

Yes.
Notes of the calls were taken and a summary note was sent to the Defense secretary and the intelligence community, the official said.

Oh, I thought he had done something secret. Yeah this is only a story because the entire chain of command didn't trust Trump. It is nothing like what many of you right wing fanatics claimed.

We don't need to find out anything else about Trump to know he was the least qualified President in recent memory, probably in American history, but I bet we will find out plenty more.

Repubs trying to spin this as treason is stupid. Have some self respect.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Porteroso said:

Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

Booray said:

Yes.

Oh, I thought he had done something secret. Yeah this is only a story because the entire chain of command didn't trust Trump. It is nothing like what many of you right wing fanatics claimed.

We don't need to find out anything else about Trump to know he was the least qualified President in recent memory, probably in American history, but I bet we will find out plenty more.

Your hero Milley called the death of ten civilians (7 of them children) a "righteous strike". To Hell with the phone call. He should be court-martialed for this. This is not about Republican or Democrat. It is about accountability.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Freedomb3ar
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Porteroso said:

Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

Booray said:

Yes.

Your hero Milley called the death of ten civilians (7 of them children) a "righteous strike". To Hell with the phone call. He should be court-martialed for this. This is not about Republican or Democrat. It is about accountability.

How is this guy not terminated immediately? Democrats running Baghdad Bob out there again just like Obama did
Mothra
Porteroso said:

Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

Booray said:

Yes.

As I said above, I always find it humorous that people believe it is evidence that Trump was bonkers simply by pointing out that people overreacted and did nutty things in response to him. Sounds like this is another perfect example of that.
Mothra
Osodecentx said:

jupiter said:

"This was not done like some sort of conspiratorial thing," another participant who overheard the conversation told Fox News.
According to those familiar, the October phone call had several topics, one of which focused on the election. The Chinese, according to the sources, were concerned about, what they saw as, instability in the U.S. system. Milley, according to a source, reassured his counterpart that the U.S. is a stable democracy.
Another source said the call was in the context of assuring adversaries that the United States were not planning any military action.
Fox News has learned that Milley had up to 20 phone calls with Li and NATO allies in the wake of the Jan. 6 riot in an effort to reassure them that the U.S. government was stable, and to reassure China that the U.S. did not plan a surprise attack all in an effort to lower tensions with China during the interim period between the election and inauguration, and to project stability so that adversaries of the U.S. did not take advantage of the domestic turmoil during that period.

So sounds like conflicting stories then. I'll be interested to see what Milley says.
Osodecentx
Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

jupiter said:

So sounds like conflicting stories then. I'll be interested to see what Milley says.
I agree. Let's get to the bottom of it
quash
Rawhide said:

quash said:

Redbrickbear said:

What a stupid statement, even for you.

So, do you support this run around the constitution?

Hell no. Now that was a stupid question.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Porteroso
Mothra said:

Porteroso said:

Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

Booray said:

Yes.

As I said above, I always find it humorous that people believe it is evidence that Trump was bonkers simply by pointing out that people overreacted and did nutty things in response to him. Sounds like this is another perfect example of that.

Trump being a bonkers dumbass is what earned him a bonkers dumbass reputation. I forgot though how much you loved him.
4th and Inches
Porteroso said:

Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

Booray said:

Yes.

ok, a super secret source said it is all good but acting director miller stated right aftet this came out he had no knowledge, did he recant?

–Horace

4th and Inches
Porteroso said:

Mothra said:

Porteroso said:

Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

Booray said:

Yes.

Trump being a bonkers dumbass is what earned him a bonkers dumbass reputation. I forgot though how much you loved him.
triggered! You should go outside and take a break!

–Horace

Canada2017
General clearly committed treason....not remotely a close call.

Didn't believe the accusations until he admitted them .

******* needs to be immediately dismissed from the service and forfeit all his retirement benefits.
quash
Milley acted with good intentions and probably did the world a favor.

That said he was also wrong. Chain of command ought to mean something to a guy in his position. We have a civilian commander in chief for a reason. While the president demonstrated time and again that he had no clue as to the limits to his authority, we could vote him out of office and we did. And we always can.
Osodecentx
Canada2017 said:

General clearly committed treason....not remotely a close call.

Didn't believe the accusations until he admitted them .

******* needs to be immediately dismissed from the service and forfeit all his retirement benefits.
With what I know now, I disagree.
Dept of Defense was in on the call and received a written summary of the call from the Pentagon.

If Dept of Defense chooses not to tell the president, it isn't the general's fault.

Osodecentx
quash said:

That said he was also wrong. Chain of command ought to mean something to a guy in his position. We have a civilian commander in chief for a reason. While the president demonstrated time and again that he had no clue as to the limits to his authority, we could vote him out of office and we did. And we always can.
Read the Fox news report in my post above

Chain of command was honored
Whiskey Pete
quash said:

How do you know he acted with good intentions. Were you there?

Did the world a favor? If you actually think Trump was going to launch nukes at China, you're a bigger idiot than biden.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.