Mark Milley - Chairman of the Joint Chiefs

18,623 Views | 326 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Osodecentx
STxBear81
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Just a tactic by the democrats. Hillary started it on her campaign by implying he could never be trusted with codes of elected President. From there it was all anyone talked about witha non DC swamp President in command. Milley amd others just follow bull crap like Comey and others that are fed lies to make them look legit. When in reality it's them That can't be trusted.
4th and Inches
"Secret source close to the situation"

The last time it was like a white house mail clerk or something
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
whiterock
Porteroso said:

Mothra said:

Porteroso said:

Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

Booray said:

Milley to give his side of the story on Sept. 28: https://www.yahoo.com/news/milley-calls-china-were-perfectly-111251023.html
I think Jennifer Griffin of Fox News is great. Her reporting supports Milley's statement that the DoD was informed. Who did/should the DoD inform?
Sec of Def should be in the loop which means POTUS as well. That happen?
Yes.
Notes of the calls were taken and a summary note was sent to the Defense secretary and the intelligence community, the official said.

But Fox News spoke with multiple individuals who were in the room during the two phone calls Milley had with Li. The calls were coordinated with the Defense secretary's office.
"They were not secret," a U.S. official told Fox News about the calls, which took place over video teleconference.
Fox News has learned there were about 15 people present for the calls. Sources told Fox News that there were multiple notetakers present, and said the calls were both conducted with full knowledge of then-Defense Secretary Mark Esper and then-acting Defense Secretary Chris Miller.
A U.S. official familiar said Milley routinely calls his Chinese and Russian counterparts, and explained that he has been speaking to Li for about five years. The source said this is normal for the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.
According to the official, there was full civilian oversight of the phone calls, including a representative of the State Department and Milley's political adviser. Notes of the calls were taken and a summary note was sent to the Defense secretary and the intelligence community, the official said.
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/milley-chinese-counterpart-phone-calls-senate-testimony

Oh, I thought he had done something secret. Yeah this is only a story because the entire chain of command didn't trust Trump. It is nothing like what many of you right wing fanatics claimed.

We don't need to find out anything else about Trump to know he was the least qualified President in recent memory, probably in American history, but I bet we will find out plenty more.

Repubs trying to spin this as treason is stupid. Have some self respect.

As I said above, I always find it humorous that people believe it is evidence that Trump was bonkers simply by pointing out that people overreacted and did nutty things in response to him. Sounds like this is another perfect example of that.

Trump being a bonkers dumbass is what earned him a bonkers dumbass reputation. I forgot though how much you loved him.
Mothra correctly cites the Iron Law of Woke Projection, and you come along on cue to confirm.
Whiskey Pete
whiterock said:

Porteroso said:

Mothra said:

Porteroso said:

Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

Booray said:

Milley to give his side of the story on Sept. 28: https://www.yahoo.com/news/milley-calls-china-were-perfectly-111251023.html
I think Jennifer Griffin of Fox News is great. Her reporting supports Milley's statement that the DoD was informed. Who did/should the DoD inform?
Yes.
Notes of the calls were taken and a summary note was sent to the Defense secretary and the intelligence community, the official said.

But Fox News spoke with multiple individuals who were in the room during the two phone calls Milley had with Li. The calls were coordinated with the Defense secretary's office.
"They were not secret," a U.S. official told Fox News about the calls, which took place over video teleconference.
Fox News has learned there were about 15 people present for the calls. Sources told Fox News that there were multiple notetakers present, and said the calls were both conducted with full knowledge of then-Defense Secretary Mark Esper and then-acting Defense Secretary Chris Miller.
A U.S. official familiar said Milley routinely calls his Chinese and Russian counterparts, and explained that he has been speaking to Li for about five years. The source said this is normal for the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.
According to the official, there was full civilian oversight of the phone calls, including a representative of the State Department and Milley's political adviser. Notes of the calls were taken and a summary note was sent to the Defense secretary and the intelligence community, the official said.
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/milley-chinese-counterpart-phone-calls-senate-testimony

Oh, I thought he had done something secret. Yeah this is only a story because the entire chain of command didn't trust Trump. It is nothing like what many of you right wing fanatics claimed.

We don't need to find out anything else about Trump to know he was the least qualified President in recent memory, probably in American history, but I bet we will find out plenty more.

As I said above, I always find it humorous that people believe it is evidence that Trump was bonkers simply by pointing out that people overreacted and did nutty things in response to him. Sounds like this is another perfect example of that.

Trump being a bonkers dumbass is what earned him a bonkers dumbass reputation. I forgot though how much you loved him.
Mothra correctly cites the Iron Law of Woke Projection, and you come along on cue to confirm.

LOL! Bingo
Porteroso
whiterock said:

Porteroso said:

Mothra said:

Porteroso said:

Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

Booray said:

Yes.

? You don't think he was a bonkers dumbass? Why is that? I thought everyone did, and right wingers looked past it for the lib tears.
whiterock
Porteroso said:

whiterock said:

Porteroso said:

Mothra said:

Porteroso said:

Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

Booray said:

Yes.

? You don't think he was a bonkers dumbass? Why is that? I thought everyone did, and right wingers looked past it for the lib tears.
You believe all that media nonsense?
They jumped shark after shark for 4 years and you never caught on?
You really believe a billionaire smart enough to get elected POTUS and administer over the best 4 year administration of the country in decades would consider "starting a war to stay in office?"
You've been watching too many movies, friend.

Milley did not call his chinese counterpart because he was worried Trump was actually doing something that would start a war. For sure, Trump never said or did anything publicly that would lead a reasonable person to think he was doing so, or even suggest he was doing so. Milley called his chinese counterpart because he was worried all the Democrat BS about Trump trying to start a war to stay in office would lead China to think there was some truth to it.

No one, and I mean no on e, made bigger fools of themselves the last four years than the neverTrumpers. You are merely playing true to type.
Sam Lowry
whiterock said:

Porteroso said:

whiterock said:

Porteroso said:

Mothra said:

Porteroso said:

Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

Booray said:

Yes.

No one, and I mean no on e, made bigger fools of themselves the last four years than the neverTrumpers.
That was true until 2020. Unfortunately you Trumpers have your blind spots as well. The rest of the world can see that a president spreading delusional theories and airing thoughts of martial law to overturn an election is showing signs of real instability.
Wrecks Quan Dough
Porteroso
whiterock said:

Porteroso said:

whiterock said:

Porteroso said:

Mothra said:

Porteroso said:

Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

Booray said:

Yes.

You really believe a billionaire smart enough to get elected POTUS and administer over the best 4 year administration of the country in decades would consider "starting a war to stay in office?"

Milley did not call his chinese counterpart because he was worried Trump was actually doing something that would start a war. For sure, Trump never said or did anything publicly that would lead a reasonable person to think he was doing so, or even suggest he was doing so. Milley called his chinese counterpart because he was worried all the Democrat BS about Trump trying to start a war to stay in office would lead China to think there was some truth to it.

No one, and I mean no on e, made bigger fools of themselves the last four years than the neverTrumpers. You are merely playing true to type.

Milley calling his counterparts, which he talked with often, to reassure them the US would not be starting the end of the planet, having informed the chain of command, including the Defense Secretary, is not treason.

And that is a different matter from Trump being a bonkers dumbass. He publicly asked if we could inject a little bleach into our blood to fight covid. He was gifted the entire store of silver spoons by his father, being paid hundreds of thousands of dollars for "consulting" from the age of 10 and up, later inheriting much more.

He is definitely rich, but when you are gifyen so much, you can scarcely help it. He ran a campaign against maybe the worst Presidential candidate of all time that excited a fringe group of voters that up until that point, had never turned up to the polls in force. He got the customary Republican votes, plus his fringe crazed votes, and the worst Presidential candidate of all time? Shocker, got a very bad turnout.

So to call that genius, would be wrong. And if you really want a list of dumbass things he said, I can give them to you. All I'd have to do is quote his own words, no need to go ask CNN or some other fake news company about it.
STxBear81
All democrats who voted for Biden, do you really think our country is headed in the right direction? That we are safe as a people with freedoms not being threatened ?
ATL Bear
Porteroso said:

whiterock said:

Porteroso said:

whiterock said:

Porteroso said:

Mothra said:

Porteroso said:

Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

Booray said:

Yes.

Milley calling his counterparts, which he talked with often, to reassure them the US would not be starting the end of the planet, having informed the chain of command, including the Defense Secretary, is not treason.

And that is a different matter from Trump being a bonkers dumbass. He publicly asked if we could inject a little bleach into our blood to fight covid. He was gifted the entire store of silver spoons by his father, being paid hundreds of thousands of dollars for "consulting" from the age of 10 and up, later inheriting much more.

He is definitely rich, but when you are gifyen so much, you can scarcely help it. He ran a campaign against maybe the worst Presidential candidate of all time that excited a fringe group of voters that up until that point, had never turned up to the polls in force. He got the customary Republican votes, plus his fringe crazed votes, and the worst Presidential candidate of all time? Shocker, got a very bad turnout.

So to call that genius, would be wrong. And if you really want a list of dumbass things he said, I can give them to you. All I'd have to do is quote his own words, no need to go ask CNN or some other fake news company about it.
Milley believing a nuclear strike was even possible when he along with several others are part of the fail safe measures is possibly the biggest indictment of his delusion. I believe he thought this point about Trump would sell books and he's having to walk it back as either a gross exaggeration or an admission of treason. He's in a box, and should resign regardless.
Porteroso
ATL Bear said:

Porteroso said:

whiterock said:

Porteroso said:

whiterock said:

Porteroso said:

Mothra said:

Porteroso said:

Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

Booray said:

Yes.

Milley believing a nuclear strike was even possible when he along with several others are part of the fail safe measures is possibly the biggest indictment of his delusion. I believe he thought this point about Trump would sell books and he's having to walk it back as either a gross exaggeration or an admission of treason. He's in a box, and should resign regardless.

I think he should resign too, things like this don't need to be public knowledge. No doubt it's not the first time something like this has happened.

I'm just saying it is far from treason. It's the opposite, if it's an action that makes America safer. It's upholding his oath to the Constitution. It also hurts faith in the chain of command, so I agree, he should resign.

By the way, if Biden keeps getting more demented, wouldn't most of us support a similar check on his power to end the world?
Canada2017
Osodecentx said:

Canada2017 said:

General clearly committed treason....not remotely a close call.

Didn't believe the accusations until he admitted them .

******* needs to be immediately dismissed from the service and forfeit all his retirement benefits.
With what I know now, I disagree.
Dept of Defense was in on the call and received a written summary of the call from the Pentagon.

If Dept of Defense chooses not to tell the president, it isn't the general's fault.

Head of the Imperial Japanese Army contacts General Walter C Short at Pearl Harbor Hawaii on December 6th 1941 .

( General Short was the military commander responsible for the defense of ALL military installations in Hawaii )

" General Short I wish to warn you and your countrymen of our impending attack tomorrow Sunday December 7th 1941 by hundreds of planes launched from six carriers of the Imperial Japanese Navy "

" I feel a war between our countries would be a tragic mistake and would results in the deaths of over 2 million people. "

What do you think would have happened to such a Japanese General ?

Osodecentx
Canada2017 said:

Osodecentx said:

Canada2017 said:

******* needs to be immediately dismissed from the service and forfeit all his retirement benefits.
Dept of Defense was in on the call and received a written summary of the call from the Pentagon.

If Dept of Defense chooses not to tell the president, it isn't the general's fault.

Head of the Imperial Japanese Army contacts General Walter C Short at Pearl Harbor Hawaii on December 6th 1941 .

( General Short was the military commander responsible for the defense of ALL military installations in Hawaii )

" General Short I wish to warn you and your countrymen of our impending attack tomorrow Sunday December 7th 1941 by hundreds of planes launched from six carriers of the Imperial Japanese Navy "

" I feel a war between our countries would be a tragic mistake and would results in the deaths of over 2 million people. "

Since Dept of Defense knew about it, why didn't they tell Trump?
Canada2017
Osodecentx said:

Canada2017 said:

Osodecentx said:

Canada2017 said:

You are deflecting.

But ok……what do you think would have happed to the Imperial Staff who knew about the warning to the US military of Japans impending attack on Hawaii ….yet said nothing to Hirohito ?

You know the answer ….come on…..admit the obvious .

Whiskey Pete
Porteroso said:

ATL Bear said:

Porteroso said:

whiterock said:

Porteroso said:

whiterock said:

Porteroso said:

Mothra said:

Porteroso said:

Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

Booray said:

Yes.

I think he should resign too, things like this don't need to be public knowledge. No doubt it's not the first time something like this has happened.

I'm just saying it is far from treason. It's the opposite, if it's an action that makes America safer. It's upholding his oath to the Constitution. It also hurts faith in the chain of command, so I agree, he should resign.

By the way, if Biden keeps getting more demented, wouldn't most of us support a similar check on his power to end the world?
I'm just glad that the Joinst Chiefs of Staff decided to not give a heads up to the Pakistan leadership when we were on our way there to capture or kill bin laden a decade ago, because you know, he thought it would keep America safer.

If we decide to take action against an enemy and someone gave them a heads up, it doesn't make America and safer and yes, it treasonous.

And if Biden gets worse, no I don't support a similar check, I support the 25th Amendment to have him removed from power.
Porteroso
Rawhide said:

Porteroso said:

ATL Bear said:

Porteroso said:

whiterock said:

Porteroso said:

whiterock said:

Porteroso said:

Mothra said:

Porteroso said:

Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

Booray said:

Yes.

I'm just glad that the Joinst Chiefs of Staff decided to not give a heads up to the Pakistan leadership when we were on our way there to capture or kill bin laden a decade ago, because you know, he thought it would keep America safer.

If we decide to take action against an enemy and someone gave them a heads up, it doesn't make America and safer and yes, it treasonous.

And if Biden gets worse, no I don't support a similar check, I support the 25th Amendment to have him removed from power.

Yeah but you see, working with nuclear superpowers to not end all life on the planet, is different from telling Pakistan that we're about to go get Bin Laden. The fact that you think those 2 things are the same tells me a lot about your reasoning skills.
Whiskey Pete
Porteroso said:

Rawhide said:

Porteroso said:

ATL Bear said:

Porteroso said:

whiterock said:

Porteroso said:

whiterock said:

Porteroso said:

Mothra said:

Porteroso said:

Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

Booray said:

Yes.

Yeah but you see, working with nuclear superpowers to not end all life on the planet, is different from telling Pakistan that we're about to go get Bin Laden. The fact that you think those 2 things are the same tells me a lot about your reasoning skills.
Whiskey Pete
Porteroso said:

Rawhide said:

Porteroso said:

ATL Bear said:

Porteroso said:

whiterock said:

Porteroso said:

whiterock said:

Porteroso said:

Mothra said:

Porteroso said:

Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

Booray said:

Yes.

Trying to defend a General doing a run around the Commander in Chief, tell me a lot about your lack of reasoning skills
Canada2017
Porteroso said:

Rawhide said:

Porteroso said:

ATL Bear said:

Porteroso said:

whiterock said:

Porteroso said:

whiterock said:

Porteroso said:

Mothra said:

Porteroso said:

Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

Booray said:

Yes.

You of all people questioning another posters reasoning skills .

That's really amusing .

Beginning to wonder if you're just another Waco47 sock.

Probably not…..at least you can spell.
Wrecks Quan Dough
Where is Chairman of Joint Chiefs on the chain of command? That fact is pretty important for argument presented.
ATL Bear
Porteroso said:

ATL Bear said:

Porteroso said:

whiterock said:

Porteroso said:

whiterock said:

Porteroso said:

Mothra said:

Porteroso said:

Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

Booray said:

Yes.

The "power to end the world" doesn't rest with one elected official. That's why this cover story is almost farcical. And if Joe Biden is unable to carry out his duties due to mental incompetence, then we follow the appropriate procedure to do so. I don't want some shadow consult making decisions without proper authority.
Osodecentx
Canada2017 said:

Osodecentx said:

Canada2017 said:

Osodecentx said:

Canada2017 said:

You are deflecting.

But ok……what do you think would have happed to the Imperial Staff who knew about the warning to the US military of Japans impending attack on Hawaii ….yet said nothing to Hirohito ?

Come on man. DoD knew of the call and the subject matter. Pentagon gave DoD a summary of conversation. The executive branch knew what was discussed and chose not to tell Trump.

I've been critical of the military's execution in Afghanistan. We need more information on why they did what they did and Biden's role.

If the head of the Imperial Army did what Tojo told him, then nothing would have happened (I guess). Maybe Tojo commits hara kiri. BTW, the Japanese Army was more powerful than the Japanese civilian government so they could do whatever the hell the wanted, and they did
Mothra
Porteroso said:

Mothra said:

Porteroso said:

Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

Booray said:

Yes.

You're funny. You think by making **** up and repeating it as true, you have somehow gotten me. It's your modus operandi - that guy made me mad so I am going to attribute a position to him that he's never taken.

Yes, you got me bro. I LOVE me some Trump!

You're a lazy arguer and your positions are easily refuted.
Porteroso
Mothra said:

Porteroso said:

Mothra said:

Porteroso said:

Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

Booray said:

Yes.

You're funny. You think by making **** up and repeating it as true, you have somehow gotten me. It's your modus operandi - that guy made me mad so I am going to attribute a position to him that he's never taken.

Oh wait, so you do think Trump is a dumbass?
Mothra
Sam Lowry said:

whiterock said:

Porteroso said:

whiterock said:

Porteroso said:

Mothra said:

Porteroso said:

Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

Booray said:

Yes.

No one, and I mean no on e, made bigger fools of themselves the last four years than the neverTrumpers.
That was true until 2020. Unfortunately you Trumpers have your blind spots as well. The rest of the world can see that a president spreading delusional theories and airing thoughts of martial law to overturn an election is showing signs of real instability.
Another repeated rumor that doesn't have any legs. There isn't evidence that Trump ever considered martial law. There supposedly was a suggestion by Flynn during a meeting at which he apparently got a lot of push back by Trump's other advisors. We have no first-hand account - much less anything from the man himself - that says he ever considered martial law.

The guy was a narcissist and juvenile in how he handled people. And while the rules were changed significantly to allow this election to go forward that unquestionably favored Biden, I agree it doesn't help to have him undermining the democratic process. But the idea that he was trying to cement himself in as a dictator is just silly.

And despite all that, he's still better than what we have in office right now. That's the truly crazy thing.
Mothra
Porteroso said:

Mothra said:

Porteroso said:

Mothra said:

Porteroso said:

Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

Booray said:

Yes.

Can you read?

See my post above. I've said the same thing numerous times on this board. I held my nose and voted for the guy. I hope he rides off into the sunset never to be heard from again.
Porteroso
Mothra said:

Porteroso said:

Mothra said:

Porteroso said:

Mothra said:

Porteroso said:

Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

Booray said:

Yes.

Can you read?

See my post above. I've said the same thing numerous times on this board. I held my nose and voted for the guy. I hope he rides off into the sunset never to be heard from again.

So you're arguing with me about him being bonkers, but agree he's a dumbass? Is that the distinction you're really needing to make with me?
Mothra
Porteroso said:

Mothra said:

Porteroso said:

Mothra said:

Porteroso said:

Mothra said:

Porteroso said:

Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

Booray said:

Yes.

Can you read?

So you're arguing with me about him being bonkers, but agree he's a dumbass? Is that the distinction you're really needing to make with me?
Another issue you seem to have is your positions are binary.

I think my point was pretty clear above - pointing to people being bonkers in response to Trump does not prove he was bonkers. The man certainly had character flaws, but he was not going to lead us into WW3, nor cement himself as a dictator.

You guys get so worked up over him you actually believe that *****
Canada2017
Osodecentx said:

Canada2017 said:

Osodecentx said:

Canada2017 said:

Osodecentx said:

Canada2017 said:

You are deflecting.

Come on man. DoD knew of the call and the subject matter. Pentagon gave DoD a summary of conversation. The executive branch knew what was discussed and chose not to tell Trump.

I've been critical of the military's execution in Afghanistan. We need more information on why they did what they did and Biden's role.

If the head of the Imperial Army did what Tojo told him, then nothing would have happened (I guess). Maybe Tojo commits hara kiri. BTW, the Japanese Army was more powerful than the Japanese civilian government so they could do whatever the hell the wanted, and they did

Sorry fella….but you are consciously avoiding the obvious .

When Churchill ordered the Royal Navy to attack the French fleet ( England's ally ) during WW2 rather than risk having those ships fall into the hands of Hitler once France had surrendered ………

And some British Admiral refused to carry out the attack or found another way to circumvent Churchill's plans……

said admiral would have been immediately sacked .

Hell Stalin executed dozens of his generals for far less.

Even if you hate Trump…what this General did was clearly a violation of the principle of civilian control of the military .

That the Generals cronies went along with his actions makes it even more dangerous of a precedent….not less.
quash
Rawhide said:

quash said:

Milley acted with good intentions and probably did the world a favor.

That said he was also wrong. Chain of command ought to mean something to a guy in his position. We have a civilian commander in chief for a reason. While the president demonstrated time and again that he had no clue as to the limits to his authority, we could vote him out of office and we did. And we always can.

How do you know he acted with good intentions. Were you there?

Did the world a favor? If you actually think Trump was going to launch nukes at China, you're a bigger idiot than biden.

I read the same stuff you do, how is it that you can't make the very short step to see the same thing?

Yes, he did the world a favor. And it is still a favor without regard to what you or I think was going to happen because (and this may hurt so consider this a trigger warning, snowflake) what you or I think doesn't matter. What matters is what China thought. And that is where Gen. Milley did the world a favor.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Canada2017
quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

That said he was also wrong. Chain of command ought to mean something to a guy in his position. We have a civilian commander in chief for a reason. While the president demonstrated time and again that he had no clue as to the limits to his authority, we could vote him out of office and we did. And we always can.

Did the world a favor? If you actually think Trump was going to launch nukes at China, you're a bigger idiot than biden.

I read the same stuff you do, how is it that you can't make the very short step to see the same thing?

Yes, he did the world a favor. And it is still a favor without regard to what you or I think was going to happen because (and this may hurt so consider this a trigger warning, snowflake) what you or I think doesn't matter. What matters is what China thought. And that is where Gen. Milley did the world a favor.

When a general decides to ATTACK another country without civilian approval of his actions ….without the president's approval of his actions …..

Will he still be doing the ' world a favor ' ?

Or does it all depend if one likes the president or not ?

A horrible precedent has been set .

Better nip it in the bud now .
quash
Canada2017 said:

quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

When a general decides to ATTACK another country without civilian approval of his actions ….without the president's approval of his actions …..

"That said he was also wrong. Chain of command ought to mean something to a guy in his position. We have a civilian commander in chief for a reason. While the president demonstrated time and again that he had no clue as to the limits to his authority, we could vote him out of office and we did. And we always can."

Did you not read what I posted earlier?
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Sam Lowry
Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

whiterock said:

Porteroso said:

whiterock said:

Porteroso said:

Mothra said:

Porteroso said:

Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

Booray said:

Yes.

Another repeated rumor that doesn't have any legs. There isn't evidence that Trump ever considered martial law. There supposedly was a suggestion by Flynn during a meeting at which he apparently got a lot of push back by Trump's other advisors. We have no first-hand account - much less anything from the man himself - that says he ever considered martial law.
The reports state that Trump raised the idea of martial law in the meeting. That is evidence that he was considering it.
Canada2017
quash said:

Canada2017 said:

quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

"That said he was also wrong. Chain of command ought to mean something to a guy in his position. We have a civilian commander in chief for a reason. While the president demonstrated time and again that he had no clue as to the limits to his authority, we could vote him out of office and we did. And we always can."

Did you not read what I posted earlier?

Don't care to analyze your various ambiguous diatribes .

Read what you posted saying the General did the world a favor.

Clearly he did not .

It was a very dangerous act regardless if the sitting president is a republican or democrat.

At the very least he needs to be dismissed with the loss of all retirement benefits .

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.