Mark Milley - Chairman of the Joint Chiefs

18,604 Views | 326 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Osodecentx
quash
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Canada2017 said:

quash said:

Canada2017 said:

quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

Milley acted with good intentions and probably did the world a favor.

That said he was also wrong. Chain of command ought to mean something to a guy in his position. We have a civilian commander in chief for a reason. While the president demonstrated time and again that he had no clue as to the limits to his authority, we could vote him out of office and we did. And we always can.

How do you know he acted with good intentions. Were you there?

Did the world a favor? If you actually think Trump was going to launch nukes at China, you're a bigger idiot than biden.

I read the same stuff you do, how is it that you can't make the very short step to see the same thing?

Yes, he did the world a favor. And it is still a favor without regard to what you or I think was going to happen because (and this may hurt so consider this a trigger warning, snowflake) what you or I think doesn't matter. What matters is what China thought. And that is where Gen. Milley did the world a favor.

When a general decides to ATTACK another country without civilian approval of his actions ….without the president's approval of his actions …..

Will he still be doing the ' world a favor ' ?

Or does it all depend if one likes the president or not ?

A horrible precedent has been set .

Better nip it in the bud now .
"That said he was also wrong. Chain of command ought to mean something to a guy in his position. We have a civilian commander in chief for a reason. While the president demonstrated time and again that he had no clue as to the limits to his authority, we could vote him out of office and we did. And we always can."

Did you not read what I posted earlier?

Don't care to analyze your various ambiguous diatribes .

Read what you posted saying the General did the world a favor.

Clearly he did not .

It was a very dangerous act regardless if the sitting president is a republican or democrat.

At the very least he needs to be dismissed with the loss of all retirement benefits .

Ah, well maybe we can discuss some more of your counterfactual fanfic...
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Mothra
Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

whiterock said:

Porteroso said:

whiterock said:

Porteroso said:

Mothra said:

Porteroso said:

Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

Booray said:

Milley to give his side of the story on Sept. 28: https://www.yahoo.com/news/milley-calls-china-were-perfectly-111251023.html
I think Jennifer Griffin of Fox News is great. Her reporting supports Milley's statement that the DoD was informed. Who did/should the DoD inform?
Sec of Def should be in the loop which means POTUS as well. That happen?
Yes.
Notes of the calls were taken and a summary note was sent to the Defense secretary and the intelligence community, the official said.

But Fox News spoke with multiple individuals who were in the room during the two phone calls Milley had with Li. The calls were coordinated with the Defense secretary's office.
"They were not secret," a U.S. official told Fox News about the calls, which took place over video teleconference.
Fox News has learned there were about 15 people present for the calls. Sources told Fox News that there were multiple notetakers present, and said the calls were both conducted with full knowledge of then-Defense Secretary Mark Esper and then-acting Defense Secretary Chris Miller.
A U.S. official familiar said Milley routinely calls his Chinese and Russian counterparts, and explained that he has been speaking to Li for about five years. The source said this is normal for the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.
According to the official, there was full civilian oversight of the phone calls, including a representative of the State Department and Milley's political adviser. Notes of the calls were taken and a summary note was sent to the Defense secretary and the intelligence community, the official said.
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/milley-chinese-counterpart-phone-calls-senate-testimony

Oh, I thought he had done something secret. Yeah this is only a story because the entire chain of command didn't trust Trump. It is nothing like what many of you right wing fanatics claimed.

We don't need to find out anything else about Trump to know he was the least qualified President in recent memory, probably in American history, but I bet we will find out plenty more.

Repubs trying to spin this as treason is stupid. Have some self respect.

As I said above, I always find it humorous that people believe it is evidence that Trump was bonkers simply by pointing out that people overreacted and did nutty things in response to him. Sounds like this is another perfect example of that.

Trump being a bonkers dumbass is what earned him a bonkers dumbass reputation. I forgot though how much you loved him.
Mothra correctly cites the Iron Law of Woke Projection, and you come along on cue to confirm.

? You don't think he was a bonkers dumbass? Why is that? I thought everyone did, and right wingers looked past it for the lib tears.
No one, and I mean no on e, made bigger fools of themselves the last four years than the neverTrumpers.
That was true until 2020. Unfortunately you Trumpers have your blind spots as well. The rest of the world can see that a president spreading delusional theories and airing thoughts of martial law to overturn an election is showing signs of real instability.
Another repeated rumor that doesn't have any legs. There isn't evidence that Trump ever considered martial law. There supposedly was a suggestion by Flynn during a meeting at which he apparently got a lot of push back by Trump's other advisors. We have no first-hand account - much less anything from the man himself - that says he ever considered martial law.
The reports state that Trump raised the idea of martial law in the meeting. That is evidence that he was considering it.
The reports posted on this board said nothing of the sort.

But again, this is all speculation.
Sam Lowry
Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

whiterock said:

Porteroso said:

whiterock said:

Porteroso said:

Mothra said:

Porteroso said:

Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

Booray said:

Milley to give his side of the story on Sept. 28: https://www.yahoo.com/news/milley-calls-china-were-perfectly-111251023.html
I think Jennifer Griffin of Fox News is great. %A0Her reporting supports Milley's statement that the DoD was informed. %A0Who did/should the DoD inform? %A0
Yes.
Notes of the calls were taken and a summary note was sent to the Defense secretary and the intelligence community, the official said.

But Fox News spoke with multiple individuals who were in the room during the two phone calls Milley had with Li. The calls were coordinated with the Defense secretary's office.
"They were not secret," a U.S. official told Fox News about the calls, which took place over video teleconference.
Fox News has learned there were about 15 people present for the calls. Sources told Fox News that there were multiple notetakers present, and said the calls were both conducted with full knowledge of then-Defense Secretary Mark Esper and then-acting Defense Secretary Chris Miller.
A U.S. official familiar said Milley routinely calls his Chinese and Russian counterparts, and explained that he has been speaking to Li for about five years. The source said this is normal for the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.
According to the official, there was full civilian oversight of the phone calls, including a representative of the State Department and Milley's political adviser. Notes of the calls were taken and a summary note was sent to the Defense secretary and the intelligence community, the official said.
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/milley-chinese-counterpart-phone-calls-senate-testimony

Oh, I thought he had done something secret. Yeah this is only a story because the entire chain of command didn't trust Trump. It is nothing like what many of you right wing fanatics claimed.

We don't need to find out anything else about Trump to know he was the least qualified President in recent memory, probably in American history, but I bet we will find out plenty more.

As I said above, I always find it humorous that people believe it is evidence that Trump was bonkers simply by pointing out that people overreacted and did nutty things in response to him. %A0Sounds like this is another perfect example of that. %A0

Trump being a bonkers dumbass is what earned him a bonkers dumbass reputation. I forgot though how much you loved him.
Mothra correctly cites the Iron Law of Woke Projection, and you come along on cue to confirm.

? You don't think he was a bonkers dumbass? Why is that? I thought everyone did, and right wingers looked past it for the lib tears.
No one, and I mean no on e, made bigger fools of themselves the last four years than the neverTrumpers.
That was true until 2020. Unfortunately you Trumpers have your blind spots as well. The rest of the world can see that a president spreading delusional theories and airing thoughts of martial law to overturn an election is showing signs of real instability.
Another repeated rumor that doesn't have any legs. %A0There isn't evidence that Trump ever considered martial law. %A0There supposedly was a suggestion by Flynn during a meeting at which he apparently got a lot of push back by Trump's other advisors. %A0We have no first-hand account - much less anything from the man himself - that says he ever considered martial law.
The reports state that Trump raised the idea of martial law in the meeting. That is evidence that he was considering it.
The reports posted on this board said nothing of the sort. %A0

Check again.
Whiskey Pete
quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

That said he was also wrong. Chain of command ought to mean something to a guy in his position. We have a civilian commander in chief for a reason. While the president demonstrated time and again that he had no clue as to the limits to his authority, we could vote him out of office and we did. And we always can.

Did the world a favor? If you actually think Trump was going to launch nukes at China, you're a bigger idiot than biden.

I read the same stuff you do, how is it that you can't make the very short step to see the same thing?

Yes, he did the world a favor. And it is still a favor without regard to what you or I think was going to happen because (and this may hurt so consider this a trigger warning, snowflake) what you or I think doesn't matter. What matters is what China thought. And that is where Gen. Milley did the world a favor.

No, Milley didn't do anyone a favor, although he though he was doing himself one.

So, it's cool then I guess that if someone, let's a general, in Washington believes that Biden is going to launch more drone attacks in Afghanistan (you know, because he needs the deflection), then it's cool if that person decides to facetime the taliban and gives them a heads up. Yeah, okay
Whiskey Pete
quash said:

Canada2017 said:

quash said:

Canada2017 said:

quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

When a general decides to ATTACK another country without civilian approval of his actions ….without the president's approval of his actions …..

"That said he was also wrong. Chain of command ought to mean something to a guy in his position. We have a civilian commander in chief for a reason. While the president demonstrated time and again that he had no clue as to the limits to his authority, we could vote him out of office and we did. And we always can."

Clearly he did not .

It was a very dangerous act regardless if the sitting president is a republican or democrat.

At the very least he needs to be dismissed with the loss of all retirement benefits .

Hey, you said he did the world a favor than reiterated it.

Squish: He was wrong, but he did the world a favor

Also, Squish: Hey, I said he was wrong. Don't pretend to know where I stand.

Okay, I won't pretend. I'll just take you at face value and know that you weren't the least bit concerned since you believe he did the world a favor.
Whiskey Pete
Canada2017 said:

quash said:

Canada2017 said:

quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

Clearly he did not .

All he ever tries to do is argue his word salad and have it both ways.
Mothra
Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

whiterock said:

Porteroso said:

whiterock said:

Porteroso said:

Mothra said:

Porteroso said:

Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

Booray said:

I think Jennifer Griffin of Fox News is great. %A0Her reporting supports Milley's statement that the DoD was informed. %A0Who did/should the DoD inform? %A0
Yes.

As I said above, I always find it humorous that people believe it is evidence that Trump was bonkers simply by pointing out that people overreacted and did nutty things in response to him. %A0Sounds like this is another perfect example of that. %A0

Another repeated rumor that doesn't have any legs. %A0There isn't evidence that Trump ever considered martial law. %A0There supposedly was a suggestion by Flynn during a meeting at which he apparently got a lot of push back by Trump's other advisors. %A0We have no first-hand account - much less anything from the man himself - that says he ever considered martial law.

Check again.

Don't have time. I recall the threads where we discuss this, that was never said.
ATL Bear
How did Milley do the world a favor? Were the Chinese on the brink of attacking us? Did he actually think an authoritarian regime was worried about the potential for authoritarianism? Did our DEFCON status change at all? What exactly did he do aside from actually being the unstable component in this entire scenario?
Sam Lowry
Booray said:

Sam Lowry said:

4th and Inches said:

Sam Lowry said:

57Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

Booray said:

That is not the way this is supposed to work. Flip the script-what is different in concept about the military launching an attack POTUS did not order v. sabotaging one he did order?

I have to agree with my conservative friends-utter BS if true.
I'm no fan of Milley, but it's not unheard of to warn an opponent about a limited retaliatory strike in order to avoid surprising them and escalating the situation beyond what's intended. And Milley didn't even do that. All he did was promise that we would do it, which ordinarily would mean the president approved. The point was to assure the Chinese that Trump hadn't gone crazy and planned a sneak attack. I'm not sure there was anything wrong with that.
Do you have some specific examples?
We warned Russia of airstrikes in Syria in 2017 to allow them to remove their personnel from the targets.
describe the loop of command in that warning.. bet the president aka commander in chief of the Military authorized it
I'm assuming he did. Did Milley give any unauthorized warnings? No. Did he intend to? Maybe, but it's not clear from the context.
Its not treason because technically China is not an enemy to which he gave aid or comfort. And it is hard to tell from the excerpt what he actually said. One reading was just an assurance that despite the January 6 turmoil, we were functioning as normal and nothing awful was going to happen. And context is important-our senior military should not have to worry about a lame duck President doing something monumentally stupid just because his ego is bruised.

All that said, the military does not make policy decisions-it implements them. That is a written in stone commandment drilled into every officer's head. Should senior commanders forcefully argue their point of view behind close doors? Yes. But when the doors open, you either follow the lawful orders of the elected leaders or you resign. Period. Full stop.
I know this is true. But what if the order isn't lawful? One might argue that an unprovoked attack for no reason except a bruised ego is a violation of international law as ratified by our legislature under Article 6 of the Constitution. I'm not sure. I'll be interested to hear Milley's explanation.
Sam Lowry
Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

whiterock said:

Porteroso said:

whiterock said:

Porteroso said:

Mothra said:

Porteroso said:

Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

Booray said:

Yes.

Check again.

Don't have time. I recall the threads where we discuss this, that was never said.
President Donald Trump, in a White House meeting, raised the possibility of imposing martial law in a bid to overturn the result of the presidential election, according to reports Saturday.

In a raucous meeting Friday with top aides about his ongoing attempts to overturn the election, Trump was joined by General Michael Flynn, his former national security advisor, reported the New York Times.

A few days earlier on the conservative Newsmax network, Flynn had called for the president to impose martial law, and "rerun an election" in swing states that he lost to President-elect Joe Biden in November.

In the meeting, according to the Times, Trump asked about the idea.

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-touted-imposing-martial-law-to-overturn-election-reports-2020-12
Whiskey Pete
Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

whiterock said:

Porteroso said:

whiterock said:

Porteroso said:

Mothra said:

Porteroso said:

Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

Booray said:

Yes.

Check again.

President Donald Trump, in a White House meeting, raised the possibility of imposing martial law in a bid to overturn the result of the presidential election, according to reports Saturday.

In a raucous meeting Friday with top aides about his ongoing attempts to overturn the election, Trump was joined by General Michael Flynn, his former national security advisor, reported the New York Times.

A few days earlier on the conservative Newsmax network, Flynn had called for the president to impose martial law, and "rerun an election" in swing states that he lost to President-elect Joe Biden in November.

In the meeting, according to the Times, Trump asked about the idea.

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-touted-imposing-martial-law-to-overturn-election-reports-2020-12
BearFan33
So we are supposed to believe that Miley reached out to china for fear that they would be believe our media and do something crazy? I'm quite sure China is aware of our media's behavior if it's not even controlling some of it,

And then, after this was done, no one alerted the POTUS? If I'm POTUS, I'd be very concerned about all chummy communication my generals had with an enemy. What kind of relationship do they have? What was discussed and why? It's quite possible miley undermined Trump's negotiation plans or diplomacy goals.

Miley is really seeming to be a typical DC attention *****. My faith in military leadership is adequately shaken.

Robert Wilson
I've got a son who has talked about wanting to go to an academy. He's easily building the academic record, physical fitness / athletic record, and has the fortitude to do it. No way I want his future being dictated by these glory hogs.
Osodecentx
Canada2017 said:

Osodecentx said:

Canada2017 said:

Osodecentx said:

Canada2017 said:

Osodecentx said:

Canada2017 said:

General clearly committed treason....not remotely a close call.

Didn't believe the accusations until he admitted them .

******* needs to be immediately dismissed from the service and forfeit all his retirement benefits.
With what I know now, I disagree.
Dept of Defense was in on the call and received a written summary of the call from the Pentagon.

If Dept of Defense chooses not to tell the president, it isn't the general's fault.

Head of the Imperial Japanese Army contacts General Walter C Short at Pearl Harbor Hawaii on December 6th 1941 .

( General Short was the military commander responsible for the defense of ALL military installations in Hawaii )

" General Short I wish to warn you and your countrymen of our impending attack tomorrow Sunday December 7th 1941 by hundreds of planes launched from six carriers of the Imperial Japanese Navy "

" I feel a war between our countries would be a tragic mistake and would results in the deaths of over 2 million people. "

What do you think would have happened to such a Japanese General ?
Since Dept of Defense knew about it, why didn't they tell Trump?

You are deflecting.

But ok……what do you think would have happed to the Imperial Staff who knew about the warning to the US military of Japans impending attack on Hawaii ….yet said nothing to Hirohito ?

You know the answer ….come on…..admit the obvious .
Come on man. DoD knew of the call and the subject matter. Pentagon gave DoD a summary of conversation. The executive branch knew what was discussed and chose not to tell Trump.

I've been critical of the military's execution in Afghanistan. We need more information on why they did what they did and Biden's role.

If the head of the Imperial Army did what Tojo told him, then nothing would have happened (I guess). Maybe Tojo commits hara kiri. BTW, the Japanese Army was more powerful than the Japanese civilian government so they could do whatever the hell the wanted, and they did

Sorry fella….but you are consciously avoiding the obvious .

When Churchill ordered the Royal Navy to attack the French fleet ( England's ally ) during WW2 rather than risk having those ships fall into the hands of Hitler once France had surrendered ………

And some British Admiral refused to carry out the attack or found another way to circumvent Churchill's plans……

said admiral would have been immediately sacked .

Hell Stalin executed dozens of his generals for far less.

Even if you hate Trump…what this General did was clearly a violation of the principle of civilian control of the military .

That the Generals cronies went along with his actions makes it even more dangerous of a precedent….not less.
Maybe you need to tell me what is so obvious. Your hypothetical concerned the Imperial Army.

How is it treason if the general's call was monitored by DoD, a summary was sent to DoD, civilians were in the room when the call was made, and these calls apparently happen in this manner a couple of times a year?

If the calls were made without the knowledge or consent of the DoD I'll be with you. DoD knew about it before the calls were made and monitored the calls. That is civilian control.
Canada2017
Osodecentx said:

Canada2017 said:

Osodecentx said:

Canada2017 said:

Osodecentx said:

Canada2017 said:

Osodecentx said:

Canada2017 said:

******* needs to be immediately dismissed from the service and forfeit all his retirement benefits.
Dept of Defense was in on the call and received a written summary of the call from the Pentagon.

If Dept of Defense chooses not to tell the president, it isn't the general's fault.

Head of the Imperial Japanese Army contacts General Walter C Short at Pearl Harbor Hawaii on December 6th 1941 .

( General Short was the military commander responsible for the defense of ALL military installations in Hawaii )

" General Short I wish to warn you and your countrymen of our impending attack tomorrow Sunday December 7th 1941 by hundreds of planes launched from six carriers of the Imperial Japanese Navy "

" I feel a war between our countries would be a tragic mistake and would results in the deaths of over 2 million people. "

You are deflecting.

But ok……what do you think would have happed to the Imperial Staff who knew about the warning to the US military of Japans impending attack on Hawaii ….yet said nothing to Hirohito ?

Come on man. DoD knew of the call and the subject matter. Pentagon gave DoD a summary of conversation. The executive branch knew what was discussed and chose not to tell Trump.

I've been critical of the military's execution in Afghanistan. We need more information on why they did what they did and Biden's role.

If the head of the Imperial Army did what Tojo told him, then nothing would have happened (I guess). Maybe Tojo commits hara kiri. BTW, the Japanese Army was more powerful than the Japanese civilian government so they could do whatever the hell the wanted, and they did

When Churchill ordered the Royal Navy to attack the French fleet ( England's ally ) during WW2 rather than risk having those ships fall into the hands of Hitler once France had surrendered ………

And some British Admiral refused to carry out the attack or found another way to circumvent Churchill's plans……

Even if you hate Trump…what this General did was clearly a violation of the principle of civilian control of the military .

That the Generals cronies went along with his actions makes it even more dangerous of a precedent….not less.
Maybe you need to tell me what is so obvious. Your hypothetical concerned the Imperial Army.

How is it treason if the general's call was monitored by DoD, a summary was sent to DoD, civilians were in the room when the call was made, and these calls apparently happen in this manner a couple of times a year?

If the calls were made without the knowledge or consent of the DoD I'll be with you. DoD knew about it before the calls were made and monitored the calls. That is civilian control.
NO

If the President of the United States ( be it Biden, Obama or Trump ) is not informed of such high level communications with the military of a foreign power.......a enemy foreign power that the US Navy has been conducting war games against for years.......that is treason .

And anyone who covered up such treason is a co-conspirator .

The reverse would be if a rogue general decided it was a 'favor to the world' to launch a preemptive nuclear strike against Iran .......his junior officers follow orders.....and the handful of career bureaucrats at the DoD think the president is too old and infirm to pull the trigger.......so they don't brief him .

Good grief man....tell me which POTUS since the end of WW2 wouldn't have fired this SOB ?
Osodecentx
Canada2017 said:

Osodecentx said:

Canada2017 said:

Osodecentx said:

Canada2017 said:

Osodecentx said:

Canada2017 said:

Osodecentx said:

Canada2017 said:

You are deflecting.

NO

If the President of the United States ( be it Biden, Obama or Trump ) is not informed of such high level communications with the military of a foreign power.......a enemy foreign power that the US Navy has been conducting war games against for years.......that is treason .

The reverse would be if a rogue general decided it was a 'favor to the world' to launch a preemptive nuclear strike against Iran .......his junior officers follow orders.....and the handful of career bureaucrats at the DoD think the president is too old and infirm to pull the trigger.......so they don't brief him .

Good grief man....tell me which POTUS since the end of WW2 wouldn't have fired this SOB ?
Since DoD monitored the call, received a summary of the subject matter of the call, and did not inform the White House (not sure about whether the WH was informed), would that make the folks at DoD the treasonous ones?

Assuming the facts published are true, none of the POTUS since WW2 would have fired the general. These calls are apparently SOP.

Another thing I know for sure, you are one of the more intelligent and honest posters on this board. I don't understand how our perceptions of the facts on this issue are so different. I also know that you're OK and I'm OK.
Canada2017
Osodecentx said:

Canada2017 said:

Osodecentx said:

Canada2017 said:

Osodecentx said:

Canada2017 said:

Osodecentx said:

Canada2017 said:

Osodecentx said:

Canada2017 said:

You are deflecting.

NO

Since DoD monitored the call, received a summary of the subject matter of the call, and did not inform the White House (not sure about whether the WH was informed), would that make the folks at DoD the treasonous ones?

Assuming the facts published are true, none of the POTUS since WW2 would have fired the general. These calls are apparently SOP.

Another thing I know for sure, you are one of the more intelligent and honest posters on this board. I don't understand how our perceptions of the facts on this issue are so different. I also know that you're OK and I'm OK.
My friend,

Truman ........would have fired this general within 48 hours.

Nixon would have fired him within 48 minutes.

They are not SOP procedure when the calls are made to the military chiefs of hostile foreign powers without the approval of the POTUS.

Well, I know that you are OK..........but my opinions are always questionable !
4th and Inches
Porteroso said:

whiterock said:

Porteroso said:

whiterock said:

Porteroso said:

Mothra said:

Porteroso said:

Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

Booray said:

I think Jennifer Griffin of Fox News is great. Her reporting supports Milley's statement that the DoD was informed. Who did/should the DoD inform?
Yes.

As I said above, I always find it humorous that people believe it is evidence that Trump was bonkers simply by pointing out that people overreacted and did nutty things in response to him. Sounds like this is another perfect example of that.

You believe all that media nonsense?
They jumped shark after shark for 4 years and you never caught on?
You really believe a billionaire smart enough to get elected POTUS and administer over the best 4 year administration of the country in decades would consider "starting a war to stay in office?"
You've been watching too many movies, friend.

Milley did not call his chinese counterpart because he was worried Trump was actually doing something that would start a war. For sure, Trump never said or did anything publicly that would lead a reasonable person to think he was doing so, or even suggest he was doing so. Milley called his chinese counterpart because he was worried all the Democrat BS about Trump trying to start a war to stay in office would lead China to think there was some truth to it.

No one, and I mean no on e, made bigger fools of themselves the last four years than the neverTrumpers. You are merely playing true to type.

Milley calling his counterparts, which he talked with often, to reassure them the US would not be starting the end of the planet, having informed the chain of command, including the Defense Secretary, is not treason.

And that is a different matter from Trump being a bonkers dumbass. He publicly asked if we could inject a little bleach into our blood to fight covid. He was gifted the entire store of silver spoons by his father, being paid hundreds of thousands of dollars for "consulting" from the age of 10 and up, later inheriting much more.

He is definitely rich, but when you are gifyen so much, you can scarcely help it. He ran a campaign against maybe the worst Presidential candidate of all time that excited a fringe group of voters that up until that point, had never turned up to the polls in force. He got the customary Republican votes, plus his fringe crazed votes, and the worst Presidential candidate of all time? Shocker, got a very bad turnout.

So to call that genius, would be wrong. And if you really want a list of dumbass things he said, I can give them to you. All I'd have to do is quote his own words, no need to go ask CNN or some other fake news company about it.
debunked! the bleach thing is still wrong. You keep bringing it up and I will keep calling you out.

Pres Trump got more votes than Obama on the 2020 run(so did Biden), he was well liked by working folks and people who lived in the real world.

Biden won by less than 45k votes in the swings. Hold the election today and Biden doesnt win.

Watch a college football game the last 3 weeks? The crowds are telling you what they think of our current commander in chief.

He is underwater in every category being polled right now. He is 19 points underwater in Texas border counties.

The media NEVER asked Joe Biden a single real question during the campaign and now they cant because he just walks away.

Biden has ticked off multiple Allies.

Biden has lost the independents in the polling and about 5% of the democrats.

Trump is polling ahead of Biden at this point with higher favorable numbers and lower unfavorable numbers.

Dumbest thing Trump did was trust too many in washington and not realize how deep the swamp was..(he did many bone headed things but Biden is about to roar past him in year one)
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
Osodecentx
Canada2017 said:

Osodecentx said:

Canada2017 said:

Osodecentx said:

Canada2017 said:

Osodecentx said:

Canada2017 said:

Osodecentx said:

Canada2017 said:

Osodecentx said:

Canada2017 said:

You are deflecting.

NO

My friend,

They are not SOP procedure when the calls are made to the military chiefs of hostile foreign powers without the approval of the POTUS.

Let's get to the bottom of it
Canada2017
Osodecentx said:

Canada2017 said:

Osodecentx said:

Canada2017 said:

Osodecentx said:

Canada2017 said:

Osodecentx said:

Canada2017 said:

Osodecentx said:

Canada2017 said:

Osodecentx said:

Canada2017 said:

You are deflecting.

NO

My friend,

Let's get to the bottom of it
Never going to happen......as this general has one overwhelming saving grace..

He pulled this little number on the man who dared to upset Hillary Clinton in the 2020 presidential election .
57Bear
OSO said: Since DoD monitored the call, received a summary of the subject matter of the call, and did not inform the White House (not sure about whether the WH was informed), would that make the folks at DoD the treasonous ones?

Would you please state a valid cite on "DoD monitored the call". DOD has 2.86 million employees, who in DoD monitored the call?
Whiskey Pete
4th and Inches said:

Porteroso said:

whiterock said:

Porteroso said:

whiterock said:

Porteroso said:

Mothra said:

Porteroso said:

Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

Booray said:

Yes.

You really believe a billionaire smart enough to get elected POTUS and administer over the best 4 year administration of the country in decades would consider "starting a war to stay in office?"

Milley did not call his chinese counterpart because he was worried Trump was actually doing something that would start a war. For sure, Trump never said or did anything publicly that would lead a reasonable person to think he was doing so, or even suggest he was doing so. Milley called his chinese counterpart because he was worried all the Democrat BS about Trump trying to start a war to stay in office would lead China to think there was some truth to it.

No one, and I mean no on e, made bigger fools of themselves the last four years than the neverTrumpers. You are merely playing true to type.

Milley calling his counterparts, which he talked with often, to reassure them the US would not be starting the end of the planet, having informed the chain of command, including the Defense Secretary, is not treason.

And that is a different matter from Trump being a bonkers dumbass. He publicly asked if we could inject a little bleach into our blood to fight covid. He was gifted the entire store of silver spoons by his father, being paid hundreds of thousands of dollars for "consulting" from the age of 10 and up, later inheriting much more.

He is definitely rich, but when you are gifyen so much, you can scarcely help it. He ran a campaign against maybe the worst Presidential candidate of all time that excited a fringe group of voters that up until that point, had never turned up to the polls in force. He got the customary Republican votes, plus his fringe crazed votes, and the worst Presidential candidate of all time? Shocker, got a very bad turnout.

So to call that genius, would be wrong. And if you really want a list of dumbass things he said, I can give them to you. All I'd have to do is quote his own words, no need to go ask CNN or some other fake news company about it.
debunked! the bleach thing is still wrong. You keep bringing it up and I will keep calling you out.

Pres Trump got more votes than Obama on the 2020 run(so did Biden), he was well liked by working folks and people who lived in the real world.

Biden won by less than 45k votes in the swings. Hold the election today and Biden doesnt win.

Watch a college football game the last 3 weeks? The crowds are telling you what they think of our current commander in chief.

He is underwater in every category being polled right now. He is 19 points underwater in Texas border counties.

The media NEVER asked Joe Biden a single real question during the campaign and now they cant because he just walks away.

Trump is polling ahead of Biden at this point with higher favorable numbers and lower unfavorable numbers.

Dumbest thing Trump did was trust too many in washington and not realize how deep the swamp was..(he did many bone headed things but Biden is about to roar past him in year one)
Anyone that tries to push the made up inject people with bleach thing is either 1) Too stupid to engage in conversation or 2) Too dishonest to engage in conversation or 3) Both.

With Porter, he's all 3

And you hit the nail on the head. Trump's biggest mistake was trusting too many DC sewer dwellers.
Canada2017
Rawhide said:

4th and Inches said:

Porteroso said:

whiterock said:

Porteroso said:

whiterock said:

Porteroso said:

Mothra said:

Porteroso said:

Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

Booray said:

Yes.

Trump's biggest mistake was trusting too many DC sewer dwellers.
Would agree that it was Trump's 2nd biggest mistake.

# 1 was his failure in ensure honest election practices once it become obvious that mail in balloting and 'voter harvesting' had the potential to be decisive.
quash
Rawhide said:

quash said:

Canada2017 said:

quash said:

Canada2017 said:

quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

Clearly he did not .

Okay, I won't pretend. I'll just take you at face value and know that you weren't the least bit concerned since you believe he did the world a favor.

You really can't hold two ideas in mind at the same time. Try again: he did the world a favor. He was wrong to do so. Why does that cause you to short circuit?
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
quash
ATL Bear said:

How did Milley do the world a favor? Were the Chinese on the brink of attacking us? Did he actually think an authoritarian regime was worried about the potential for authoritarianism? Did our DEFCON status change at all? What exactly did he do aside from actually being the unstable component in this entire scenario?

Neither of us know exactly what might have happened. I have opted to believe in something I propose as policy, and actually said the last administration was correct in doing re: N. Korea: talk to the other side.

I believe we are better off when two sides talk than when they don't. China was probably less nervous after Gen. Milley hung up. I count that a good, even if I didn't hear/see what the Chinese officer did next. I know there was no escalation.
BearFan33
quash said:

ATL Bear said:

Neither of us know exactly what might have happened. I have opted to believe in something I propose as policy, and actually said the last administration was correct in doing re: N. Korea: talk to the other side.

I believe we are better off when two sides talk than when they don't. China was probably less nervous after Gen. Milley hung up. I count that a good, even if I didn't hear/see what the Chinese officer did next. I know there was no escalation.

The problem I have is the POTUS needs to be doing the talking not unelected drama queens.
quash
BearFan33 said:

quash said:

ATL Bear said:

The problem I have is the POTUS needs to be doing the talking not unelected drama queens.

That was my initial response as well.

After seeing how this was handled it wasn't outside of the chain of command as I originally thought.
Whiskey Pete
quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

Canada2017 said:

quash said:

Canada2017 said:

quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

Clearly he did not .

You really can't hold two ideas in mind at the same time. Try again: he did the world a favor. He was wrong to do so. Why does that cause you to short circuit?

So, should Milley go to jail if the what the book says happened is true? Should he lose his job?
quash
Rawhide said:

quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

Canada2017 said:

quash said:

Canada2017 said:

quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

Clearly he did not .

So, should Milley go to jail if the what the book says happened is true? Should he lose his job?

The book portion can be true without being the whole story. The story as I can make out is that the book left out some details that exonerate Gen. Milley. See Osodecentex's informative posts.
Whiskey Pete
quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

Canada2017 said:

quash said:

Canada2017 said:

quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

Clearly he did not .

The book portion can be true without being the whole story. The story as I can make out is that the book left out some details that exonerate Gen. Milley. See Osodecentex's informative posts.
I'm not interested word salad arguments or debating nuances with you. If Milley made a call to his foreign counterpart in China, unbeknownst to Trump, then told China that he would give them a heads up prior to any military action, does Milley belong in jail? Or do you think he should be celebrated for "saving the world"?

Choose one:

1) Belongs in jail
2) Should be celebrated
quash
Rawhide said:

quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

Canada2017 said:

quash said:

Canada2017 said:

quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

Clearly he did not .

I'm not interested word salad arguments or debating nuances with you. If Milley made a call to his foreign counterpart in China, unbeknownst to Trump, then told China that he would give them a heads up prior to any military action, does Milley belong in jail? Or do you think he should be celebrated for "saving the world"?

Choose one:

1) Belongs in jail
2) Should be celebrated

It wasn't word salad.

Nuance is crucial to meaning.
Whiskey Pete
quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

Canada2017 said:

quash said:

Canada2017 said:

quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

Clearly he did not .

Choose one:

1) Belongs in jail
2) Should be celebrated

It wasn't word salad.

Not going to answer the question?
quash
Rawhide said:

quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

Canada2017 said:

quash said:

Canada2017 said:

quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

Clearly he did not .

Choose one:

1) Belongs in jail
2) Should be celebrated

It wasn't word salad.

Nope. Not big on "Did you stop beating your wife?" nonsense.
Porteroso
What is the source that claims Trump didn't know about this? Many Trump sycophants were informed, and none tattled to Trump?
Whiskey Pete
quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

Canada2017 said:

quash said:

Canada2017 said:

quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

Clearly he did not .

Choose one:

1) Belongs in jail
2) Should be celebrated

It wasn't word salad.

Nope. Not big on "Did you stop beating your wife?" nonsense.

Not surprised. But let's admit, you're just not big on being boxed in. Hard to have it both ways when you're cornered.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.