Football
Sponsored by

* * Dallas Cowboys * *

2,077,369 Views | 29546 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by Assassin
Assassin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BearForce
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Shaq Lawson possibly on the market...I'd kick those tires. Loved him out if Clemson and at least has excelled as a run stopper.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2018/6/22/17485504/should-dallas-cowboys-take-a-look-at-former-first-round-pick-shaq-lawson

In two years hes been on PUP twice, shoulder, both ankles, groin and knee surgery

And still has 5 more sacks than Jihad...in 10 less games.

Kick the tires man...
just saying. If he's gonna take up a spot on the 53, then we need to be able to count on him to play, not go on PUP.

If kicking the tires puts him on PUP, probably not a good idea. If he survives kicking the tires, then yes, sounds good. I

We were both fans of his coming out of college if you remember

I do remember
Assassin
x cowboy stuff;

49ers RG Jonathan Cooper is the favorite to start Week 1. He's ahead of Josh Garnett and Mike Person. Cooper had a rough 2017 in Dallas, but his contract ($2M guaranteed) suggests the 49ers expect him to start. With Weston Richburg and rookie Mike McGlinchey added this offseason, right guard is the only weak spot on the 49ers' offensive line
Assassin
Seems like a good time to grab a decent S if we're not going to make a play for Thomas:

Free agent Tre Boston turned down an offer from the Cardinals.
Boston visited Arizona last month, but they were only willing to give him the veteran minimum. There hasn't been any market for safeties this offseason with Boston, Kenny Vaccaro, Mike Mitchell, and Eric Reid all still unsigned. Coming off a career year, 25-year-old Boston should resurface before training camp.
Related: Cardinals
Source: SiriusXM NFL
Jun 22 - 5:12 PM
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

In two years hes been on PUP twice, shoulder, both ankles, groin and knee surgery
And still has 5 more sacks than Jihad...in 10 less games.

Kick the tires man...
just saying. If he's gonna take up a spot on the 53, then we need to be able to count on him to play, not go on PUP.

If kicking the tires puts him on PUP, probably not a good idea. If he survives kicking the tires, then yes, sounds good. I

We were both fans of his coming out of college if you remember
I do remember
Just read that Shaq has been on IR/PUP 3 times in two years, not 2.
Assassin
How new Cowboys WR/RB Tavon Austin defines his 'web-back' role in Dallas' offense
By Brandon George , Staff Writer Contact Brandon Georgeon Twitter:@DMN_George

FRISCO -- The Cowboys list new offensive weapon Tavon Austin as a web-back. Does he even know what that means?

"I don't care what I'm being called as long as I'm playing, that's all that matters," Austin said. "You can call me anything you want as long as I'm playing."

The Cowboys traded a sixth-round pick to the Rams on the final day of the draft for Austin a few weeks ago. Since his arrival, Cowboys executives and coaches have given their view of how he'll be used within the offense. And it's differed at times.

Owner Jerry Jones said he envisions Austin taking on the Lance Dunbar role from a few years ago, when Dunbar became a key target out of the backfield on third down.

But clearly, offensive coordinator Scott Linehan sees more of a role for Austin than Dunbar enjoyed during his time in Dallas. Linehan said he sees Austin as a receiver first but someone who will also get carries. Austin is also likely to be the Cowboys' primary punt returner now that receiver Ryan Switzer has been traded to the Raiders.

How does Austin define his role with the Cowboys?

"At the end of the day, I'm a playmaker," Austin said. "That's how I describe myself. I don't really care where I'm at on the field. I just want the ball and a little bit of space and let me create and I'm going from there.

"Hopefully I win the punt return job. That's always been my dream to do and still is. Pretty much get the ball in my hands. That's the role I'm going to take, get the ball in my hands and make something happen.

"An athlete who creates, the thing I did my whole life. I'm cool with it, running back, receiver, punt returner, it really doesn't make a difference to me. I just definitely want my opportunity to get the ball in my hands and get a little bit of space and do what I do best."

Austin had 13 catches for 47 yards last season for the Rams and 59 carries for 270 yards. He said he's excited to play alongside quarterback Dak Prescott, running back Ezekiel Elliott and behind one of the best offensive lines in the NFL.

"I can help in so many different ways," Austin said. "I like how we stretch the field vertically. I like how we have a lot of out cuts. As far as the offense and the running game, I see them big linemen. That's the thing I most like, you know. I just can't wait to get my chance to really show them the different things that Tavon can do.
Assassin
What's your realistic stat like for Zeke in Year 3? Can he get closer to 2,000 yards than his rookie year?

Jon Machota: I'm basing this off him playing 16 games: 1,600 rushing yards, 500 receiving yards, 16 total touchdowns. Zeke has averaged a touchdown per game through his first two seasons. I don't see any reason to think that will drop off, especially because I expect him to be used more in the passing game. Five hundred receiving yards would mean an average of a little over 30 per game. He's currently averaging just over 25 for his career. The rushing yards really depend on how the team is playing. If they're playing with leads often, he should have no problem getting back to what he put up his rookie season. If they're playing from behind a lot, it should increase his receiving numbers. Either way, I expect him to have over 2,000 all-purpose yards if he plays all 16 games.
Assassin
With Irving out for at least 4 games (if he doesnt screw up)...

We know Maliek Collins will be heavy in the rotation. And Jihad Ward will get every chance to show what he can do.

On the outside with a chance to show they can stick once Irving comes back, NT type Brian Price, Richard Ash, Datone Jone, Daniel Ross and Lewis Neal

Neal showed some in preseason last year. Not the biggest kid though - 6', 275. Gotta outquick you
Franko
Is a 2 too rich? I think so because I don't see any other team with cap room to sign him offering a 2. But if that's what it takes.....

2021-2023 Adopt-A-Bear
Anthony Anywanwu
cumulative stats:
2022 (Redshirt Sophomore)
Named second-team Academic All-Big 12 … Played in nine games off the bench, totaling seven tackles, including 1.5 for a loss … Went for three tackles, including a tackle for a loss in the win over Texas State … Had a stop at Iowa State … Had three tackles, including half a tackle for a loss, at West Virginia.
BearForce
Franko said:

Is a 2 too rich? I think so because I don't see any other team with cap room to sign him offering a 2. But if that's what it takes.....

I wouldn't for a 2nd rounder.
Assassin
If u could het a 3rd or 4th back maybe?
Gust Avrakotos
So you guys wouldn't trade a Gavin Escobar for Earl Thomas? I realize that Thomas is a walking injury but that's basically what you are saying.

I would absolutely trade a Gavin Escobar for Earl Thomas.

Franko
If we don't go get Thomas, we are going into the season with Woods, Heath, and Frazier as the only safeties with any appreciable experience.
2021-2023 Adopt-A-Bear
Anthony Anywanwu
cumulative stats:
Named second-team Academic All-Big 12 … Played in nine games off the bench, totaling seven tackles, including 1.5 for a loss … Went for three tackles, including a tackle for a loss in the win over Texas State … Had a stop at Iowa State … Had three tackles, including half a tackle for a loss, at West Virginia.
BearForce
Gust Avrakotos said:

So you guys wouldn't trade a Gavin Escobar for Earl Thomas? I realize that Thomas is a walking injury but that's basically what you are saying.

Gavin is never on my roster so no...same with Dope Gregory
Assassin
Assassin
Gust Avrakotos said:

bizarre...
Wichitabear
Looks like some teams on here, besides our own division, that we haven't played in awhile. Or not? Anyway, kinda looking forward to how we do. Thank you for posting this
Wichitabear
Well now that I am looking at this again, really not.
Assassin
dude is wackadoodle! https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-cowboys/cowboys/2018/06/26/greg-hardy-says-joining-cowboys-launched-party-phase
Wichitabear
He is a little weird. Kinda made me crazy reading this whole thing. Hope he can turn his life around. Time will tell
Assassin

Soccer style kickers will never make it in the NFL... RIP Coach Kap
Assassin
ESPN Dallas reports the Cowboys are hoping for a decision on DE Randy Gregory's reinstatement around the start of training camp.
Gregory met with commissioner Roger Goodell in early June. He's reportedly passed a drug test for six straight months, putting him on track for reinstatement after sitting out the last two seasons. With Dallas missing Maliek Collins (foot surgery) and David Irving (suspended) on their defensive line, there could be a role for Gregory in sub-packages.

Source: Todd Archer on Twitter
Wichitabear
That would be great! We will need him.
BearForce
Assassin said:

ESPN Dallas reports the Cowboys are hoping for a decision on DE Randy Gregory's reinstatement around the start of training camp.
Gregory met with commissioner Roger Goodell in early June. He's reportedly passed a drug test for six straight months, putting him on track for reinstatement after sitting out the last two seasons. With Dallas missing Maliek Collins (foot surgery) and David Irving (suspended) on their defensive line, there could be a role for Gregory in sub-packages.

It's totally a joke how they string these guys along on this stuff.
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

It's totally a joke how they string these guys along on this stuff.
same as zeke. that was chaos
Assassin
Assassin
Cowboys offense in 2017 with Tyron Smith = 28.5 pts/game (ranked 4th)

Cowboys offense in 2017 without Tyron Smith = 8.0 pts/game (ranked last)
Assassin
This should be fun!

Vince McMahon has put about half a billion into this so far.

Assassin
https://www.maxim.com/sports/vince-mcmahon-500-million-rebooting-xfl-2018-6
Assassin
If the Dallas Cowboys want to get Defensive End DeMarcus Lawrence signed to a long-term deal, they have just two weeks left to make it happen. Otherwise, Lawrence will play 2018 on the one-year franchise tag and potentially become a free agent again.

Dallas has until 4:00 pm EST on Monday, July 16th to work out a new contract with DeMarcus. That is the NFL's mandated deadline for teams to negotiate long-term deals with their franchise-tagged players.

Once the deadline passes, all tagged players are only able to sign one-year contracts with their existing team. They will not be able to sign any sort of new contract until after the regular season.

If he remains on his franchise tag salary, Lawrence will count $17.1 million against the Cowboys' cap in 2018.
Assassin
David Helman of DallasCowboys.com expects first-round LB Leighton Vander Esch to play on the weak side.
Helman sees that as the best fit for Vander Esch given his expertise in pass coverage. If Vander Esch does start on the weak side, the Cowboys would likely roll with veteran Sean Lee at middle linebacker with Jaylon Smith helping out on the strong side. The Boise State alum was a spectator at OTAs due to an ankle injury but should be ready for camp in a few weeks.

Source: dallascowboys.com
Jul 5 - 11:43 AM
Franko
Assassin said:

David Helman of DallasCowboys.com expects first-round LB Leighton Vander Esch to play on the weak side.
Helman sees that as the best fit for Vander Esch given his expertise in pass coverage. If Vander Esch does start on the weak side, the Cowboys would likely roll with veteran Sean Lee at middle linebacker with Jaylon Smith helping out on the strong side. The Boise State alum was a spectator at OTAs due to an ankle injury but should be ready for camp in a few weeks.

That's a little disappointing. I was hoping he could play in the middle and spare Lee from having to do it.
2021-2023 Adopt-A-Bear
Anthony Anywanwu
cumulative stats:
Assassin
Franko said:

Assassin said:

That's a little disappointing. I was hoping he could play in the middle and spare Lee from having to do it.
Thats what I thought. I guess the good thing is that all three of these guys can play Mike, Sam or Will. Allows some changing around
BearForce
Franko said:

Assassin said:

Exactly...Lee as Mike = injured

We have seen this movie before, we don't need a sequel.
Assassin
Well - by this afternoon I will be a Dallas resident again. Moving back. Moms much better and I have her situated and her house in order.
First Page Last Page
Page 181 of 845

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.