Football
Sponsored by

* * Dallas Cowboys * *

2,051,071 Views | 29499 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by Assassin
Assassin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
At least its not the Cowboys saying that. Helman has misconstrued b4
BearForce
I sure hope he is telling the truth...just plain ugly

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2018/7/9/17550804/breaking-dallas-cowboys-cb-marquez-white-indicted-for-road-rage-incident
Wichitabear
35(;;(7865((,)$&@!!!!! Certainly isn't good for our image or our team in general.
Assassin
Bryan Broaddus of dallascowboys.com expects second-round OL Connor Williams to start at left guard.
He'll have to learn a new position in the pros with five-time Pro Bowler Tyron Smith blocking his path at left tackle. Williams will get the first crack at left guard, where he'll be tasked with replacing last year's starter, Jonathan Cooper. If Williams plays to his abilities, the Cowboys could have an absolutely stacked offensive line this year. That's great news for Zeke Elliott.

Source: dallascowboys.com

Assassin
Broadus;

Quote:

Collins came into the 2017 as a question mark but each week he improved and by season's end, he was in my opinion playing the best of the starters.
Given who are starters are, thats some high praise
Assassin

folks ragged on the Cowboys about letting him go but it appears they were pretty much on the money

Quote:

DeMarco Murray announced his retirement after seven seasons.

A third-round pick of the Cowboys in 2011, Murray was one of the most productive running backs in football during his prime. The former Oklahoma Sooner earned three Pro Bowl nods over his seven seasons and was a first-team All-Pro selection in 2014. He led the league with 1,845 rushing yards that year while guiding Dallas to a division title. The 30-year-old probably could have continued his career as a backupthe Dolphins, Saints and Seahawks were among teams interested in him this offseasonbut ultimately chose to hang up his cleats. For his career, Murray totaled 7,174 rushing yards and 55 touchdowns (49 rushing, six receiving) over 99 games for Dallas, Philadelphia and Tennessee.
GoldMind
Assassin said:

folks ragged on the Cowboys about letting him go but it appears they were pretty much on the money

Quote:

A third-round pick of the Cowboys in 2011, Murray was one of the most productive running backs in football during his prime. The former Oklahoma Sooner earned three Pro Bowl nods over his seven seasons and was a first-team All-Pro selection in 2014. He led the league with 1,845 rushing yards that year while guiding Dallas to a division title. The 30-year-old probably could have continued his career as a backupthe Dolphins, Saints and Seahawks were among teams interested in him this offseasonbut ultimately chose to hang up his cleats. For his career, Murray totaled 7,174 rushing yards and 55 touchdowns (49 rushing, six receiving) over 99 games for Dallas, Philadelphia and Tennessee.

Jerry called Jimmy on the down low to see if that was the right call
BearForce
Assassin said:

Quote:

Let's be fair, it was the money...Philly overpaid and hurt both of us.

If I'm Buffalo I have him on speed dial.
Assassin
Assassin
NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports "barring a significant turn of events" Cowboys LE DeMarcus Lawrence will play 2018 under the franchise tag.

Dallas has been in a contract standoff with Lawrence for months. Lawrence wants a five-year deal, but the Cowboys need to save cap space with Dak Prescott and Ezekiel Elliott due for extensions. Lawrence will make $17.1M under the tag and is a candidate to leave in free agency next offseason.
Assassin
What kind of impact will Tavon Austin have?

Mickey Spagnola: Huge. The Cowboys have been searching for this "toy"-type player for several years, and thought they had that guy, until Lance Dunbar couldn't stay healthy. Austin is a double-threat player, and healthy after his injury-riddled season last year with the Rams. But the two previous seasons (2015-16) Austin combined for 110 catches, 982 receiving yards and eight receiving TDs. He also combined for 593 yards rushing on 80 carries and five touchdowns. Those are pretty good numbers for a complementary player. Also, there is the Scott Linehan factor. Think about this: As the Detroit offensive coordinator in 2013, his only season with Reggie Bush, a similar dual-threat player, Bush had his most productive season, combining for a career-high 1,512 yards from scrimmage and seven total touchdowns. Plus, with these new kickoff rules, don't be surprised if Austin lines up deep. His speed and deceptive running skills will make him dangerous in the expanded field space the new rules will afford. So possibly a triple-threat player to make this huge impact.

Rob Phillips: This might be the most intriguing question out of 20. I'm not sure anyone knows for sure, but the same can be said for the entire receiver group if you want to call Austin a receiver. He says he's simply a playmaker. In L.A. he got more carries than catches, but here's the thing: How often are the Cowboys going to take the ball out of Ezekiel Elliott's hands in running situations? A 'Lance Dunbar type of role' is what we keep hearing. If you look at Dunbar's production in Dallas, he had 94 carries and 68 catches in five seasons while also returning kicks. But before he got hurt in 2015, he was leading the offense in catches (21) through four games. I won't be surprised if Austin a receiver-first for this team, and an option for Dak Prescott in the short passing game with the ability to get yards after catch.

Bryan Broaddus: Jerry Jones put the pressure on Scott Linehan to make this work and he assured him that it would. What's clear is that Austin has bought into the program. After a slow start in the OTAs, he really burst onto the scene during the minicamps. He is saying all the right things and even spending extra time with Dak Prescott and the other receivers throwing in the heat of the day while most players are taking a break. The one thing Austin has is speed, and when they get the ball in his hands, you can see it. He puts a great deal of pressure on defenders to have to get a body on him quickly before he gets going. Don't be surprised if Linehan and new receivers coach Sanjay Lal work him as a true receiver with routes down the field. That is an area where the Rams didn't focus with him and the Cowboys are willing to explore.

Nick Eatman: I'm going to say Austin will be the most impactful veteran addition this team has seen in several years. I know he's not technically a free-agent signing, but he will make a splash to this offense that has been needed for quite some time. I know there is speculation from fans and media about this coaching staff using him the right way. I think you'll plenty of side-to-side plays with him and he could be just as important without the ball, especially if defenses are forced to spread out, opening more running lanes for Zeke.
Assassin
The Cowboys will depart for Oxnard, Calif. on July 24 with the first practice occurring on July 26 along with an official opening ceremony on July 28. From there, the Cowboys will spend more than three weeks on the West Coast, mostly in Oxnard but will break shortly for the preseason opener in San Francisco on Aug. 9.

The Cowboys are expected to break camp on Aug. 17 and return to Dallas for the first of two straight preseason games at AT&T Stadium. The Cowboys will finish up the preseason on Aug. 30 in Houston.

The Cowboys are expected to announce more details on training camp practice information at The Star at a later date.

Here's a list of the detailed practice schedule held in Oxnard:
(All Times PDT)
Wednesday, July 25
TBD - Press Conference
Thursday, July 26

4:00 p.m. - Practice
Friday, July 27
Saturday, July 28
3:00 p.m. - Opening Ceremony

Sunday, July 29
Monday, July 30
Player off day

Tuesday, July 31
Wednesday, August 1
Thursday, August 2

Friday, August 3
Player off day
Saturday, August 4

Sunday, August 5
Monday, August 6
Tuesday, August 7

10:30 a.m. - Practice
Wednesday, August 8
Team Travel to San Francisco
Thursday August 9
7:00 p.m. @ San Francisco

Friday, August 10
Player off day - no availability
Saturday, August 11
4:00 p.m. -Practice
Sunday, August 12

Monday, August 13
Tuesday, August 14
Player off day

Wednesday, August 15
Thursday, August 16
10:30 a.m. - Practice
Friday, August 17

Break Camp Return To Dallas
Assassin
The Dallas Morning News' Jori Epstein writes Dak Prescott "regularly targeted" TE Blake Jarwin during the offseason program.
Geoff Swaim appears likely to start for the post-Jason Witten Cowboys, but he is more blocker than receiving threat. Fourth-round rookie Dalton Schultz and Rico Gathers could provide a receiving complement, but Jarwin got all the buzz during the offseason. He is a name to watch in training camp.

Source: Dallas Morning News
Jul 16 - 12:24 PM
Assassin
The Cowboys have an elite running back in Ezekiel Elliott, one of the league's top offensive lines and a star pass rusher in DeMarcus Lawrence. Is that enough to make it one of the league's best rosters, even with other holes?
ESPN and Pro Football Focus say yes.

They ranked the Cowboys as the No. 8 best roster in the league, according to their metrics and grades from last season.
The Cowboys' biggest strength? That's none other than C Travis Frederick. From PFF and ESPN:
"Center Travis Frederick continued last season right where he left off in 2016 and is well on his way to establishing himself as one of the greats at the position. Frederick allowed just 12 pressures from his 555 pass-blocking snaps and has now gone three straight seasons without allowing a sack."
But the biggest weakness, according to PFF and ESPN, is the Dallas defensive line:
"While the team's biggest strength is on the offensive line, its weakness lies on the opposite side of the trenches. Entering his third year, defensive tackle Maliek Collins has yet to register a grade above 46.8 and has struggled against the run, scraping together just 15 stops from his 471 run-defense snaps over the past two years."
DE DeMarcus Lawrence was the highest graded Cowboys starter from last season with a 94.1. G Zack Martin checked in with a 92.2 while Elliott had a 83.4 QB Dak Prescott had a 80.5 last season.
Assassin
Cowboys LE DeMarcus Lawrence will play 2018 on the franchise tag.
The one-year, guaranteed pact is worth $17.1 million. A source told NFL Network's Ian Rapaport that Lawrence will definitively not play under the franchise tag next year, but he was always willing to do so in 2017. Sports Info Solutions charted Lawrence with the NFL's highest pressure rate among defensive linemen last season at 17.1%. Patriots DE Jabaal Sheard was second at 14.6%.
Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
Jul 16 - 3:53 PM

BearForce
It's the right call...injury and suspension risk justify a prove it again year.
Franko
Earl is certainly making a trade a more likely possibility:

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2018/7/16/17579142/earl-thomas-if-you-dont-want-me-lets-make-a-trade-happen-i-understand-its-a-bizz

2021-2023 Adopt-A-Bear
Anthony Anywanwu
cumulative stats:
2022 (Redshirt Sophomore)
Named second-team Academic All-Big 12 … Played in nine games off the bench, totaling seven tackles, including 1.5 for a loss … Went for three tackles, including a tackle for a loss in the win over Texas State … Had a stop at Iowa State … Had three tackles, including half a tackle for a loss, at West Virginia.
Assassin
yea baby!!!

z
Assassin
Assassin
Having Gregory back is like a freebie. Other than a camp spot, what do you have to lose?

Once season starts, I have folks glued to him 24-7
BearForce
Assassin said:

Having Gregory back is like a freebie. Other than a camp spot, what do you have to lose?

Hell, he better have handlers right now...seriously good for him and I really hope it works for all concerned this time.
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

Hell, he better have handlers right now...seriously good for him and I really hope it works for all concerned this time.
Supposedly he's a sharp cookie. Just dumb when it comes to this stuff. Hopefully the former takes precedent this time
Assassin
Assassin
Assassin
Wichitabear
Like this!!!!!
trey3216
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

Supposedly he's a sharp cookie. Just dumb when it comes to this stuff. Hopefully the former takes precedent this time
dude has severe social anxiety and I can understand why he does it. Don't think he's an idiot by any stretch
Assassin
trey3216 said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

dude has severe social anxiety and I can understand why he does it. Don't think he's an idiot by any stretch
Gonna be even more interesting camp now, thats for sure.
Assassin
Best case scenario for Dallas if DLaw wants too much in 2019. Gregory and the DE cast of thousands produce one person good enough to step to the plate in 2019.

Dak and Zeke will be up for extensions soon enough. Those are gonna be some massive hits. Not sure we can do all of them
Assassin
Gregory will receive what would have been his 2017 base salary, $781,813, this season. He'll become a restricted free agent in 2020 because of his minimal 2016 playing time per his lawyer
Machiavelli
I love Zeke as a player but I'd pass on giving him a long term, high dollar deal. Maybe franchise him for a year or two.
Assassin
Machiavelli said:

I love Zeke as a player but I'd pass on giving him a long term, high dollar deal. Maybe franchise him for a year or two.
Hey Mach - how's life in the high country?

Zeke was a 1st rounder so we have an extra year if we want - 5 year contract vs Daks 4. Not sure what the numbers are vs what he would make with that 5th year option vs the tag
BearForce
Machiavelli said:

You use his 5th year option as a 1st round pick and then you could franchise for 2 years to get 7 years out of him without being committed long term.
Wichitabear
I am watching the Espys. I have no idea why.
Wichitabear
Best team up next. Dear lord please don't let it be Philadelphia.
First Page Last Page
Page 182 of 843

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.