Football
Sponsored by

* * Dallas Cowboys * *

2,092,792 Views | 29770 Replies | Last: 7 min ago by BearForce
Wichitabear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Whew, glad they didn't get those extra 2 points
Assassin
I dont get that. 35-27 - You could have kicked the 1, and been a TD and 1 to tie or TD and 2 to go ahead. Why go for the 2 now? Now you have no options but to go for 2 if you can score a TD
On Facebook at Memories of...
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Wichitabear
That's Detroit. They aren't going to win.
BearForce
Assassin said:

I dont get that. 35-27 - You could have kicked the 1, and been a TD and 1 to tie or TD and 2 to go ahead. Why go for the 2 now? Now you have no options but to go for 2 if you can score a TD

Analytics apparently say if you go for 2 there and get it a TD wins and if you dont get it you get another chance to tie with a TD. Not saying I buy it but that is the logic.
Wichitabear
Ok well I may have to revise my last statement
BearForce
Wichitabear said:

Ok well I may have to revise my last statement

Yea of little, yet sound, faith.
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

Analytics apparently say if you go for 2 there and get it a TD wins and if you dont get it you get another chance to tie with a TD. Not saying I buy it but that is the logic.
I would have to see the data. But you also pysch out your own players with the failure to convert. One of the things numbers dont tell you
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Wichitabear
Yes that's me I'm afraid. Lol
Wichitabear
So true. The pressure. It won't matter now unless perhaps we turn the ball over.
Wichitabear
That was good Jarwin
Wichitabear
Eagles going to lose today! Lolol
Assassin
I would guess that was a Kellen Moore call on the pass to Jarwin. They could have run the clock down, punted and given the ball to Lions with 15 seconds left. An incomplete would have stopped the clock with quite a bit more time left
BearForce
Assassin said:

I would guess that was a Kellen Moore call on the pass to Jarwin. They could have run the clock down, punted and given the ball to Lions with 15 seconds left. An incomplete would have stopped the clock with quite a bit more time left

Nope, all riverboat gambling Garrett
Wichitabear
Kellen Moore doesn't think like you Assassin.
Wichitabear
Cowboy locker room access next!
Wichitabear
Ok that was not as inspiring as I thought it might be. Garrett is so blah. Not exciting.
Wichitabear
Eagles are up on NE. Crap
Assassin
On that monster 41 yd catch #Cowboys WR Michael Gallup had 3rd and 9 to set up the Zeke TD...Gallup tells me "Honestly, I ran the wrong route." Goes on to say "I made a great effort to catch the ball because I ran the wrong route and I wasn't about to hear it on the sidelines. "
trey3216
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

I would have to see the data. But you also pysch out your own players with the failure to convert. One of the things numbers dont tell you

2 pt tries are something like 48.5% successful, or an expected score of .97 points.

Since they've moved the XP back, tries are somewhere near 94.5% successful. So the math says you will end up .025 points better over time by going for the 2.
Mr. Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
Assassin
trey3216 said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

2 pt tries are something like 48.5% successful, or an expected score of .97 points.

Since they've moved the XP back, tries are somewhere near 94.5% successful. So the math says you will end up .025 points better over time by going for the 2.
So basically its just shy of a wash. 2 points just under half the time or 1 point nearly all the time

trey3216
Assassin said:

trey3216 said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

So basically its just shy of a wash. 2 points just under half the time or 1 point nearly all the time

but mathematics will tell you that better is better.
Assassin
trey3216 said:

Assassin said:

trey3216 said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

What does Mathematics say about a team going for 2 without its starting QB and a RB who was just picked up off waivers? Is it still better?

trey3216
Assassin said:

trey3216 said:

Assassin said:

trey3216 said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

What does Mathematics say about a team going for 2 without its starting QB and a RB who was just picked up off waivers? Is it still better?

Well, Matt Patricia is a known regard
Assassin
this will come back to bite him in the arse...

Machiavelli
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28100383/going-2-8-points-why-nfl-teams-keep-doing-why-analytics-backs-up
Assassin
Dak Prescott's record: Vs. NFC East: 17-5 On natural grass: 12-4 In Nov. and Dec.: 21-8 Throws no INTs: 30-6 Sacked 1 time or less: 20-6 Throws more than 1 TD: 22-6 Throws over 240 yards: 23-7 Commits no turnovers: 26-3 Has 100 passer rating: 28-2 Off. totals over 400 yds: 22-4

Assassin
Cowboys playoff picture: A look at Dallas' current position in the NFC postseason hunt
An NFC East title appears to be Dallas' only path to the playoffs.

Dallas Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott (21) leaps into the end zone for a touchdown as Detroit Lions outside linebacker Christian Jones (52), Detroit Lions defensive back Will Harris (25), and Detroit Lions cornerback Amani Oruwariye (24) close in on the play during the second half of play at Ford Field in Detroit, on Sunday, November 17, 2019. Dallas Cowboys defeated the Detroit Lions 35-27.(Vernon Bryant / Staff Photographer)
By SportsDay Staff
4:20 PM on Nov 11, 2019
Editor's note: This story will be updated each week throughout the regular season. Last update: Monday, Nov. 18.

At 6-4, the Cowboys' path to the postseason appears to be winning the NFC East, which has become a two-team race between Dallas and Philadelphia. As of Monday morning, after the Cowboys' win over the Lions and the Eagles loss to the Patriots, the The New York Times' NFL playoff prediction model gives Dallas a 65% chance of winning the division and Philadelphia a 35% chance. Here's a breakdown of the division race:
Standings
Team
Overall record
Division record
Common games Dallas
6-4
4-0
2-3
Philadelphia
5-5
1-1
4-3
Tiebreakers
1. Head-to-head
2. Division record
3. Record in common games outside the division
Remaining schedules
Dallas: at NE, BUF, at CHI, LAR, at PHI, WAS
Philadelphia: SEA, at MIA, NYG, at WAS, DAL, at NYG
NFC playoff picture
The NYT playoff model gives the Cowboys a 66% overall chance of making the postseason. A look at the current projected NFC playoff seeding:
First-round bye
1. San Francisco (9-1, NFC West champion)
2. Green Bay (8-2, NFC North champion)
Wild-card round
6. Minnesota (8-3, wild card) at 3. New Orleans (8-2, NFC South champion)
5. Seattle (8-2, wild card) at 4. Dallas (6-4, NFC East champion)
In the hunt
7. LA Rams (6-4)
8. Philadelphia (5-5)
9. Carolina (5-5)

Assassin
In 3 games with the Cowboys, Michael Bennett has 3 sacks, 7 QB hits and 12 QB pressures. Robert Quinn on Bennett: "They brought him in here to be an effective player and he's been dominant since he's been here. He just makes plays when it matters."
Assassin
The New England Patriots have activated left tackle Isaiah Wynn to their 53-man roster, a source told ESPN's Field Yates.

Wynn is set to return for Sunday's game against the Dallas Cowboys, adds Yates. He was placed on the injured reserve after suffering a foot injury during Week 2.

The Patriots have played Marshall Newhouse at left tackle during Wynn's absence. The veteran has struggled to protect Tom Brady, giving up six sacks and 15 pressures in nine games, according to PFF.

Wynn is New England's second and final player to be activated off IR following the return of rookie wide receiver N'Keal Harry.

A first-round pick in 2018, Wynn also missed all of his rookie campaign after suffering a torn Achilles in the preseason.

Assassin
Cowboys worked out a pair of free-agent offensive linemen today: C Marcus Henry and OT Storm Norton. Henry is expected to join practice squad, source said. Not official yet, but signing should be finalized before Wednesday's practice. Another Boise State product in Dallas.
Assassin
Most wins by a starting QB since 2016:

1.) Tom Brady: 44
2.) Dak Prescott: 38
2.) Russell Wilson: 38
Assassin

Wichitabear
Really Jerry! Omg!
GoldMind
Wichitabear said:

Really Jerry! Omg!

In his defense, ol bellicheat didn't accomplish much in Cleveland. Didn't have enough cameras yet.
Winning by cheating is just as impressive as winning fairly, probably even more so. Your opponent was better than you in every way, and you beat them with your brain.
Wichitabear
I had forgotten that he wasn't a hit in Cleveland.
First Page Last Page
Page 357 of 851

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.