Football
Sponsored by

* * Dallas Cowboys * *

2,090,426 Views | 29569 Replies | Last: 13 hrs ago by Assassin
BearForce
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Wichitabear
BearForce said:

BearForce
May not even have to go 40-burger...

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2020/5/1/21242743/can-cowboys-score-30-points-per-game-in-2020-dak-prescott-ceedee-lamb-zeke-elliott-amari-cooper
Wichitabear
Herd talking backup to Dak , Dalton I like that better than Joe Flacco
BearForce
Wichitabear said:

Herd talking backup to Dak , Dalton I like that better than Joe Flacco
When healthy Dalton is a better option than Flacco for sure.
BaylorRocks
HOW 'BOUT THEM COWBOYS !!!
Wichitabear
zunooreo said:

Be quiet lol I thought I had you on ignore.
BearForce
Wichitabear said:

zunooreo said:

Why did you have to quote him...ignore him
Wichitabear
BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

zunooreo said:

Why did you have to quote him...ignore him
ok I put him back on. You know I can't stand to hurt peoples feelings.
BearForce
BearForce
BearForce
Looking at it I have to agree

Wichitabear
BearForce said:

Looking at it I have to agree

never really noticed before
BearForce
Oops
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

How does he fit in with the Cowboys?
Gallimore is an athletic interior defender with a combination of strength, power, and quickness that could enable him to emerge as a disruptive playmaker for the Cowboys. He will initially start out as a rotational player behind Gerald McCoy and Dontari Poe but he should add some energy and athleticism to the unit when he is on the field. As an active one-gap penetrator with a high-revving motor and an array of athletic rush moves, Gallimore could become a key contributor as a spot player for the Cowboys during his rookie season.

If you go back to the video I posted on Gallimore from Voch Lombardi, as he very well points out OU had him doing some silly stunts that frankly detracted from his effectiveness vice just letting him get after it in his gap, not to mention putting him at 1-tech.

Just speculating that I could see him at a MLB on rushing downs coming in behind Poe. Talk about collapsing the pocket
On Facebook at Memories of...
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Assassin
The mothership's Mickey Spagnola noted on Friday that Woods is expected to sign his ERFA tender "soon".
Quote:

Also nice job re-stocking the defensive tackle position, not only signing veteran free agents Gerald McCoy and Dontari Poe, but then in the third round drafting Oklahoma defensive tackle Neville Gallimore, a nice fit for rotation time at the start, and who knows what he might play himself into. That, along with last year's second-round pick Trysten Hill, a guy who better be on the come after a slow-starting, uneven rookie season. And don't forget about Antwaun Woods, expected to sign his exclusive rights tender soon.

Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Assassin
Cowboys biggest bust in recent memory is Taco Charlton who we took over 2 time Pro Bowler TJ Watt in the old Cowboy way of 'draft for the system' instead of the new way which is 'draft the best player and adjust the system.

We cut him and the Fins picked him up. Miami also said goodbye to Charlton, having done so this past week, and after clearing waivers he was a free agent. Late Friday night it was reported that Charlton has agreed to terms with the Kansas City Chiefs. They love their former Cowboys in KC
Assassin
still trying to figure out why we need Olawale at FB. Bell is a pretty darn good blocker plus he allows you to go to 12 and 13 offenses. Save a position player and let him cover both spots

BearForce
Assassin said:

still trying to figure out why we need Olawale at FB. Bell is a pretty darn good blocker plus he allows you to go to 12 and 13 offenses. Save a position player and let him cover both spots

Amen
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

Amen
Olawale was only on the field for 14% of the offensive snaps. Bell was on the field for 38% of the KC snaps and 50% of the special team snaps plus our top TE blocker was Witten at 60.1, #48 TE. Bell scored no lower than 69 in 11 of the 16 games. Zeke scored on 31 of 54 trips inside the 10 which puts us in the middle of the pack. Put Bell blocking and Poe at FB. Plus Bell and Poe are options to carry and catch. Olawale blew chunks catching the ball last season

Or pulling up to throw a TD

BearForce
Mr Dalton is a Cowboy

Timbear
Dak better wise up, get his agent out of the way, accept millions and millions of $ in a Cowboy deal. and go play. Dalton can win 8 games.
Assassin
BearForce said:

Mr Dalton is a Cowboy

Dalton started 133 games for the Bengals and led the franchise's best stretch of playoff appearances five straight from 2011-15 but couldn't get that elusive win.

Cincinnati lost in the first round each time, setting an NFL record. Dalton had a broken thumb and was sidelined for the last of those playoff appearances, which ended in a last-minute meltdown and an 18-16 loss to Pittsburgh during the 2015 season.

Dalton's 70-61-2 record as a starter is second best by a Bengals quarterback with at least 10 starts, trailing Virgil Carter. Dalton holds the club records for touchdown passes (204) and completions (2,757).
Assassin

Wichitabear
Assassin said:

Cowboys biggest bust in recent memory is Taco Charlton who we took over 2 time Pro Bowler TJ Watt in the old Cowboy way of 'draft for the system' instead of the new way which is 'draft the best player and adjust the system.

We cut him and the Fins picked him up. Miami also said goodbye to Charlton, having done so this past week, and after clearing waivers he was a free agent. Late Friday night it was reported that Charlton has agreed to terms with the Kansas City Chiefs. They love their former Cowboys in KC

Taco was just not good. Real disappointment. He won't work out there either.
Wichitabear
I like it! Dalton as a backup just makes sense. Welcome Back To Texas Andy!
BearForce
Timbear said:

Dak better wise up, get his agent out of the way, accept millions and millions of $ in a Cowboy deal. and go play. Dalton can win 8 games.

I'm still confused, why do you want Dak for $35M per year for 5 years if you think he isnt worth it. He only wants a 4 year contract at $35M.
BearForce
Wichitabear said:

Assassin said:

Taco was just not good. Real disappointment. He won't work out there either.

And his attitude is worse...he got cut in Miami for the same reasons.

Oh and Tristan Hill seems to have similar traits...thanks Marinelli
UPBaylor
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Mr Dalton is a Cowboy

Dalton started 133 games for the Bengals and led the franchise's best stretch of playoff appearances five straight from 2011-15 but couldn't get that elusive win.

Cincinnati lost in the first round each time, setting an NFL record. Dalton had a broken thumb and was sidelined for the last of those playoff appearances, which ended in a last-minute meltdown and an 18-16 loss to Pittsburgh during the 2015 season.

Dalton's 70-61-2 record as a starter is second best by a Bengals quarterback with at least 10 starts, trailing Virgil Carter. Dalton holds the club records for touchdown passes (204) and completions (2,757).

Anyone know his real contract? Obviously, the floor is $3M, but how much more are the Cowboys likely to pay for him as a backup? $3M seems reasonable, but $7M seems high, unless he's needed quite a bit.
BearForce
UPBaylor said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Mr Dalton is a Cowboy

Anyone know his real contract? Obviously, the floor is $3M, but how much more are the Cowboys likely to pay for him as a backup? $3M seems reasonable, but $7M seems high, unless he's needed quite a bit.

Saints signed Winston for $7M...
BearForce
Credit to Tom Downey at Chatsports.com who I like a lot and subscribe to his YouTube channel for Cowboys news. That said, here is what the Dak contract issue comes down too...it isn't the money the APY is $35M either way...the issue is for Dak getting one more crack at the market sooner versus the Cowboys saving $2M per year on the cap hit plus having one more year under contract for him.

Wichitabear
BearForce said:

Credit to Tom Downey at Chatsports.com who I like a lot and subscribe to his YouTube channel for Cowboys news. That said, here is what the Dak contract issue comes down too...it isn't the money the APY is $35M either way...the issue is for Dak getting one more crack at the market sooner versus the Cowboys saving $2M per year on the cap hit plus having one more year under contract for him.

little greedy
BearForce
Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

little greedy

Which one?
Wichitabear
BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

little greedy

Which one?
You won't play for a year being this close together in what you make in 4 vs 5
BearForce
Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

little greedy

Which one?
You won't play for a year being this close together in what you make in 4 vs 5

Don't get confused, what I posted are the cap numbers, not the pay.

So given that Dallas is fighting over $2M per yr in cap space they would have had and more if they would have extended him last year, but they apparently had doubts and thus were happy to have him finish out his $400K per year contract and instead extend Zeke 2 years early. So who is greedy here?
First Page Last Page
Page 427 of 845

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.