Football
Sponsored by

* * Dallas Cowboys * *

2,051,599 Views | 29499 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by Assassin
BearForce
How long do you want to ignore this user?
A breakdown of Reggie Robinson...fast but really raw on technique

Timbear
Don't be confused BearForce, I don't think Dak's worth even $30M.
Wichitabear
BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

Credit to Tom Downey at Chatsports.com who I like a lot and subscribe to his YouTube channel for Cowboys news. That said, here is what the Dak contract issue comes down too...it isn't the money the APY is $35M either way...the issue is for Dak getting one more crack at the market sooner versus the Cowboys saving $2M per year on the cap hit plus having one more year under contract for him.

little greedy

Which one?
You won't play for a year being this close together in what you make in 4 vs 5

Don't get confused, what I posted are the cap numbers, not the pay.

So given that Dallas is fighting over $2M per yr in cap space they would have had and more if they would have extended him last year, but they apparently had doubts and thus were happy to have him finish out his $400K per year contract and instead extend Zeke 2 years early. So who is greedy here?
oh...now I get it. Yep. They just need to pay him and get it over with! Zeke better play a whole lot better this year.
Wichitabear
Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

Credit to Tom Downey at Chatsports.com who I like a lot and subscribe to his YouTube channel for Cowboys news. That said, here is what the Dak contract issue comes down too...it isn't the money the APY is $35M either way...the issue is for Dak getting one more crack at the market sooner versus the Cowboys saving $2M per year on the cap hit plus having one more year under contract for him.

little greedy

Which one?
You won't play for a year being this close together in what you make in 4 vs 5

Don't get confused, what I posted are the cap numbers, not the pay.

So given that Dallas is fighting over $2M per yr in cap space they would have had and more if they would have extended him last year, but they apparently had doubts and thus were happy to have him finish out his $400K per year contract and instead extend Zeke 2 years early. So who is greedy here?
oh...now I get it. Yep. They just need to pay him and get it over with! Zeke better play a whole lot better this year.
I'm also hoping to be able to read some day lol
BearForce
Timbear said:

Don't be confused BearForce, I don't think Dak's worth even $30M.

Dont be confused Timbear, it doesnt matter what you think. The Cowboys think he is worth $35M per year...because its the market.

All that being said we dont want Dak playing on the tag because:

1. That is $32M guaranteed and the associated cap hit
2. That means we are here again next year except now the franchise tag is like 125% of the average of the top 5 QBs so even if things stayed the same the new number becomes $40M...oh but wait, Deshaun Watson and Mahomes will likely get huge extensions so it will be more than $40M
3. If you dont get it done next year he then likely walks as you wont franchise him a 3rd time which means all you get at best is a 3rd round comp pick.

And just think you might have gotten him done with $32M last year if you hadn't caved to Zeke and gotten an extension on Dak.
Timbear
Don't be an idiot, BearForce, of course it doesn't matter what I think, or you. This is an opinion thread, ok?
BearForce
Timbear said:

Don't be an idiot, BearForce, of course it doesn't matter what I think, or you. This is an opinion thread, ok?
Then don't be a smart ass...Just simply state your case
Timbear
Why are you starting a fight, BearForce? Is Dak your cousin or something ? If my opinion about Dak's contract offends you, then you've got other problems.Have a nice day.
BearForce
Timbear said:

Why are you starting a fight, BearForce? Is Dak your cousin or something ? If my opinion about Dak's contract offends you, then you've got other problems.Have a nice day.
Your opinion doesn't offend me and I am not related to Dak for the record. I am just trying to be objective here as the situation evolves. You have made very clear you don't value Dak and that is fine but unless you want to contribute something of value to the conversation why not just let it go instead of restating your same old opinion in a smart ass way. When I used the term "don't be confused" with WichitaBear it was to make sure she understood the numbers I posted were the cap hit profiles of the two contract proposals and not the actual salary numbers...you obviously know why you stated your comments the way you did.
BearForce
And goodbye Cooper Rush, we hardly knew thee...
BearForce
And the Dalton contract details...basically we just committed theft

GoldMind
Will be nice to have a veteran backup
Winning by cheating is just as impressive as winning fairly, probably even more so. Your opponent was better than you in every way, and you beat them with your brain.
BearForce
RIP Don Shula!

Shula and Landry were my Mt Rushmore for Pro Football coaches growing up. I liked Shula and Miami enough that I for about a day adopted them as my favorite team after Jerry fired Landry, of course I was too infected with silver and blue to make the switch permanent but still had a soft spot for Miami because of Coach Shula.
BearForce
Interesting projected 53/55 man roster with some clarification on the "2 extra" players and the practice squad

Quote:

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2020/5/4/21245196/dallas-cowboys-projected-53-55-man-roster-and-practice-squad

The game-day active roster will increase from 46 to 48 players (although one of the extra players must be an offensive lineman, which will give teams more flexibility to have three extra linemen). Practice squads will expand from 10 players to 12 in 2020 and 2021 and to 14 starting in 2022. Practice-squad salaries also are going up the minimum salary is $8,000 per week in the current CBA, and it will rise to $11,500 by 2022 and those players will be eligible for 401(k) and tuition assistance benefits.

Two practice-squad players per week may be elevated to the team's roster, meaning game-week roster sizes could effectively increase from 53 to 55. And a player elevated from the practice squad to the 55-man roster could be sent back to the practice squad two times without having to clear waivers.

GoldMind
RIP Don Shula, worthy ****ing opponent
Winning by cheating is just as impressive as winning fairly, probably even more so. Your opponent was better than you in every way, and you beat them with your brain.
Wichitabear
BearForce said:

Timbear said:

Your opinion doesn't offend me and I am not related to Dak for the record. I am just trying to be objective here as the situation evolves. You have made very clear you don't value Dak and that is fine but unless you want to contribute something of value to the conversation why not just let it go instead of restating your same old opinion in a smart ass way. When I used the term "don't be confused" with WichitaBear it was to make sure she understood the numbers I posted were the cap hit profiles of the two contract proposals and not the actual salary numbers...you obviously know why you stated your comments the way you did.
Which I appreciate
Wichitabear
ComradeGoldMind said:

RIP Don Shula, worthy ****ing opponent
You have such a way with words GoldMind lolol
Wichitabear
BearForce said:

Wow.
Assassin
BearForce said:

Timbear said:

But you told me you and Dak were cousins and you could get me tickets to ATT if I sent you a small processing fee... what the heck?
On Facebook at "Memories of...":
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music. Come see us!
Assassin
BearForce said:

If Cooper had any sense of the NFL, he has been squirrelling away the hundreds of thousands he has been paid. I cannot imagine that he perceived himself as a startng QB in this league. Pretty sure I didnt
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music. Come see us!
Assassin
another improvement at S?

Assassin
BearForce said:

Interesting projected 53/55 man roster with some clarification on the "2 extra" players and the practice squad

Quote:

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2020/5/4/21245196/dallas-cowboys-projected-53-55-man-roster-and-practice-squad

The game-day active roster will increase from 46 to 48 players (although one of the extra players must be an offensive lineman, which will give teams more flexibility to have three extra linemen). Practice squads will expand from 10 players to 12 in 2020 and 2021 and to 14 starting in 2022. Practice-squad salaries also are going up the minimum salary is $8,000 per week in the current CBA, and it will rise to $11,500 by 2022 and those players will be eligible for 401(k) and tuition assistance benefits.

Two practice-squad players per week may be elevated to the team's roster, meaning game-week roster sizes could effectively increase from 53 to 55. And a player elevated from the practice squad to the 55-man roster could be sent back to the practice squad two times without having to clear waivers.

at this rate, the practice squad will eclipse the active roster by the year 2121. Feeling a little Zager and Evans?
Wichitabear
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

If Cooper had any sense of the NFL, he has been squirrelling away the hundreds of thousands he has been paid. I cannot imagine that he perceived himself as a startng QB in this league. Pretty sure I didnt

when he first played, I really thought he was going to do well. Well, as time went on the worse he got. We won't miss him. Super happy with Andy.
Wichitabear
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Timbear said:

But you told me you and Dak were cousins and you could get me tickets to ATT if I sent you a small processing fee... what the heck?
I don't think he's laughing. Maybe a little
BearForce
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Timbear said:

Well considering you didn't invite me to Romo's Cabo party I would say we are even.
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Timbear said:

Well considering you didn't invite me to Romo's Cabo party I would say we are even.
I didnt want to tell you, but Jessica said she had had just about enough of you. Not sure what you did to piss Ms Simpson off but...

Assassin

BearForce
Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Timbear said:

I didnt want to tell you, but Jessica said she had had just about enough of you. Not sure what you did to piss Ms Simpson of but...

Dude, whatever...bottom line is Romo was jealous and didn't like Jessica having wondering eyes...LOL
Wichitabear
You two are so full of it!
Assassin
BearForce said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Assassin said:

BearForce said:

Timbear said:

I didnt want to tell you, but Jessica said she had had just about enough of you. Not sure what you did to piss Ms Simpson of but...

Dude, whatever...bottom line is Romo was jealous and didn't like Jessica having wondering eyes...LOL
tell me about it. Thats not all that wandered either
BearForce
Hmm...

BearForce
Very interesting article to pass the time with, looking at this year's projected performance

https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/2020/05/04/dallas-cowboys-2020-prediction-espn-post-draft/

Assassin
This is the guy we need to call - 6'9, 452 and very little fat

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2020/may/02/hafthor-bjornsson-game-of-thrones-mountain-breaks-world-deadlift-record
BearForce
Assassin said:

This is the guy we need to call - 6'9, 452 and very little fat

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2020/may/02/hafthor-bjornsson-game-of-thrones-mountain-breaks-world-deadlift-record
Excellent nose tackle...LOL
BearForce
FYI, the Giants picked up Cooper Rush...color me not surprised.
First Page Last Page
Page 428 of 843

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.